You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sunday Night at The Primo- The Official Live TV Show Thread

edited October 2010 in Poker Chat
Good afternoon! Well, it is unless you're a Liverpool fan ;)

We are fast approaching another collosal four-hour live TV extravaganza on Sky Poker, so make sure you've bought into tonight's £12.5K Primo if you want to be a part of the action.

At the helm will be my good(ish) self and Tony 'I brilliantly ran AJ into AA at Luton last night' Kendall.

We'll also bring you the Poker Clinic, Sky Poker regular 'ricorambo' on the phone and we'll have TV interviews with Team Sky Poker.

As ever, it's your input that makes the show- so please fire away on this thread with your banter, poker comments and hand requests.

Here's my three topics for tonight:

Tikay has fessed up that he went to the cinema on Thursday night for the first time since Jurassic Park (which of course he was also in).

So- Which film do you think Tikay went to see and why?
It doesn't have to be a current one- it could be any film, past or present.

Secondly- complete the gag with your own answer:
How many poker players does it take to change a lightbulb?

Thirdly-
Describe your dream poker tournament- what's the structure, who's in it, what's the prize money etc etc.

I've got tournament entries to dish out tonight for good answers!!!!! So get writing for free poker!

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Was Tikay going to watch the premiere of his new

MUSIC VIDEO?

(hope sky_mod doesn't disapprove!)

Which film do you think Tikay went to see and why?

He went to see Transformers 3D - First Class Battles (recycling an underappreciated post).

Two, the first one who said he did it was bluffing.

Describe your dream poker tournament-

Something I can win. i.e. Russian roulette or on a good day Chip and a Chair.
  • edited October 2010

Back to the Future????

Describe your dream poker tournament

massively deep stacked, a load of total fish in it (yes Rich you are invited!) and the prize is at least a million quid.

Tony 'I brilliantly ran AJ into AA at Luton last night' Kendall

but he did final table so well done again sir!
  • edited October 2010

Trainspotting
  • edited October 2010

The sheer cheek of it. Orford's car broke down today (yay!), so he made me collect him from Feltham Station. I mean, ffs, I'm not a Runner, I've been on telly, & stuff.

But he 'phones me up, all cooey-wooey in that high-pitched voice he does, "ooh, tikay, I love you, can you give me a lift from the Station please, bla de bla de bla". The Station is, like, 200 yards from the Studio.

Anyway, I gave him a special treat, took him on a little diversion, which quite amazed him. Well, amazed him a bit, he was, to be fair, slightly under-whelmed.

So, where did I take Rich Orford, this afternoon? 
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night at The Primo- The Official Live TV Show Thread:
    Which film do you think Tikay went to see and why? Back to the Future???? Describe your dream poker tournament massively deep stacked, a load of total fish in it (yes Rich you are invited!) and the prize is at least a million quid. Tony 'I brilliantly ran AJ into AA at Luton last night' Kendall but he did final table so well done again sir!
    Posted by scotty77
    Good to see you yesterday in Luton, Ryan, & thank you.
  • edited October 2010

i think it was a remake off a childens progamme from the 80s which he also starred in
    and was grandad
  • edited October 2010
    Good stuff lads- we're off and running.

Ryan- are you going to Luton tomoz? LM and I are heading there along with Tikay for the freezeout.

I came 14th out of 47 last week- Tikay came either 45th or 46th- I forget which now...
  • edited October 2010
    Anyway, I gave him a special treat, took him on a little diversion, which quite amazed him. Well, amazed him a bit, he was, to be fair, slightly under-whelmed. So, where did I take Rich Orford, this afternoon? 
    Posted by Tikay10
    To watch the planes taking off and landing at Heathrow?
  • edited October 2010
    Posted by Tikay10
    Please keep your answers clean...
  • edited October 2010

could it be pylon spotting ?
  • edited October 2010

Thomas the Tank Engine - The Movie. Just because...

3. one to say how to change it the right way, one to actually change it and one to start a thread in area51 explaining why the light was rigged in the 1st place!

Describe your dream poker tournament

Strangely enough, NOT a rebuy, but a Freeze out Deepstack. Buy In just a pound + Sky's cut (prob another £1!). 30 min blinds. 100 max players. Top ten paid. As players get KO, they have to start a 'I am leaving' thread on the forum :)

Hope you have a good show guys!
  • edited October 2010

56?
  • edited October 2010

Planes, Trains and Automobiles???
  • edited October 2010
    Hey Rich, didnt you go deep in a certain touny the other day? :)
  • edited October 2010
    The sheer cheek of it. Orford's car broke down today (yay!), so he made me collect him from Feltham Station. I mean, ffs, I'm not a Runner, I've been on telly, & stuff. But he 'phones me up, all cooey-wooey in that high-pitched voice he does, "ooh, tikay, I love you, can you give me a lift from the Station please, bla de bla de bla". The Station is, like, 200 yards from the Studio. Anyway, I gave him a special treat, took him on a little diversion, which quite amazed him. Well, amazed him a bit, he was, to be fair, slightly under-whelmed. So, where did I take Rich Orford, this afternoon? 
    Posted by Tikay10
    film tikay went to see..........
    jaws,he reminds me of a great white shark!at the table. well done at luton mate,see you in blackpool in two weeks,have we any celeb names yet going?should be a great weekend.
  • edited October 2010

Got another question for you.

On Thursday afternoon, I broke my Pie & Mash shop virginity - my first ever visit to a real Pie, Mash & Liquor shop, it had sawdust on the floor, white tiled walls, the whole works. ("Liquor" is the generic term used in Pie & Mash shops for what you & I call "gravy").

I swerved the eels, but had real, East London, pie & mash, lovely.

Something of a surpise awaited me, though.

So, what is the oddity abouty the crockery or cutlery in a traditional pie & mash shop?
  • edited October 2010
    tikays movie was     iceage  unknown to you all, he was  that squirrel that was trying to get that acorn lol lol

• edited October 2010

by any chance did you take him too see sooty ?
  • edited October 2010

did ya take him to the charityshop to get a new jacket for this weeks TVshow his last weeks dress up was real bad lol

• edited October 2010

how many poker players does it take to change a light bulb????
    JUST ONE, POKER PLAYERS ARE NORMAL HUMAN BEINGS!!!
  • edited October 2010
    Got another question for you. On Thursday afternoon, I broke my Pie & Mash shop virginity - my first ever visit to a real Pie, Mash & Liquor shop, it had sawdust on the floor, white tiled walls, the whole works. ("Liquor" is the generic term used in Pie & Mash shops for what you & I call "gravy"). I swerved the eels, but had real, East London, pie & mash, lovely. Something of a surpise awaited me, though. So, what is the oddity abouty the crockery or cutlery in a traditional pie & mash shop?
    Posted by Tikay10

you only get  SPOON and FORK to eat the pie with
  • edited October 2010
    my dream poker game would be to hit the final table on the WSOP and the other 9 players all to be on sitout lol
  • edited October 2010
    I think tk went to see the new train film unstoppable with denzil washington

It depends on the sex of the poker player one female or two or more male because they always have the need to share a problem or job.
  • edited October 2010
    Was Tikay going to watch the premiere of his new MUSIC VIDEO ? (hope sky_mod doesn't disapprove!) Which film do you think Tikay went to see and why? He went to see Transformers 3D - First Class Battles (recycling an underappreciated post). How many poker players does it take to change a lightbulb? Two, the first one who said he did it was bluffing. Describe your dream poker tournament - Something I can win. i.e. Russian roulette or on a good day Chip and a Chair.
    Posted by Machka
    Lol, I never knew Tikay moonlighted as a French diva!

In fact, now I think about it, has any1seen Tikay and Lady Gaga in the same room together?
  • edited October 2010
    Got another question for you. On Thursday afternoon, I broke my Pie & Mash shop virginity - my first ever visit to a real Pie, Mash & Liquor shop, it had sawdust on the floor, white tiled walls, the whole works. ("Liquor" is the generic term used in Pie & Mash shops for what you & I call "gravy"). I swerved the eels, but had real, East London, pie & mash, lovely. Something of a surpise awaited me, though. So, what is the oddity abouty the crockery or cutlery in a traditional pie & mash shop?
    Posted by Tikay10
    I did begin to look next door on the diary but don't remember where abouts the Pie and Mash story was!!
  • edited October 2010
    Did you take Rich to a proper TV studio to show him where real TV presenters work?
  • edited October 2010

If you want to e-Mail in a few of these , I'm sure it may amuse Orford's childish sense of humour. See THIS
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night at The Primo- The Official Live TV Show Thread : I did begin to look next door on the diary but don't remember where abouts the Pie and Mash story was!!
    Posted by dylan12
    Not put it in my Diary yet, Dyl, been so busy this week. I've actually had an amazing week, huge fun, lots of interesting stuff going off, & a few ups & downs, but I've fallen behind with next door's Diary I'm afraid.
  • edited October 2010
    Did you take Rich to a proper TV studio to show him where real TV presenters work?
    Posted by SoLack
    He would not recognize one. But I'm mentoring him.