You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What a load of impatient spoilt brats...

edited October 2010 in Poker Chat
"Where's my money"
"Give me my money back now"
"They've stolen my money"
"The site's rigged"
"This is diabolical"

Just some of the comments in the last hour...

A sad indictment of the want it all now/5 minutes ago society that we live in.

It's unfortunate - sky have apologised and they will correct the issue.

Chill!

Comments

• edited October 2010
    In Response to What a load of impatient spoilt brats...:
    "Where's my money" "Give me my money back now" "They've stolen my money" "The site's rigged" "This is diabolical" Just some of the comments in the last hour... A sad indictment of the want it all now/5 minutes ago society that we live in. It's unfortunate - sky have apologised and they will correct the issue. Chill!
    Posted by darich
    Dont really think this helps when there are ALOT of disgruntled CLIENTS do you?
  • edited October 2010
    Of course it does - it shows them up!

They'll sort it - we don't need ten thousand threads saying the same thing!

It's happened to me and I haven't done anything - it's obvious they are aware of it and will sort it.

Stamping your feet and chucking the toys out doesn't solve anything!
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: What a load of impatient spoilt brats...:
    Of course it does - it shows them up! They'll sort it - we don't need ten thousand threads saying the same thing! It's happened to me and I haven't done anything - it's obvious they are aware of it and will sort it. Stamping your feet and chucking the toys out doesn't solve anything!
    Posted by darich
    Darich, you have got this one wrong imo.

there have been about 5 or 6 threads, not ten thousand.

And also people are rightly concerned about their money! quite understandable!

Obviously i am entirely trusting in the site, as you are, but people have the right to post their concerns without being called impatient brats!
  • edited October 2010
    I aint a brat m8.......i just want to be able to play poker

Wind your neck in......
  • edited October 2010
    Some of the comments are way over the top Greg - I can understand concern, but I think some are out of order - I didn't say everyone.

And what a shocker that I "get one wrong"

It seems I get them nearly all wrong...

• edited October 2010

It's okay for the likes of u n me who play online regular and have for years, we know the people behind the scenes at sky and the presenters, obviously we know there's nothing to worry about.

Some people don't though, they are already paranoid about putting bank details n stuff online, so when something like this happens they're gonna fear the worst and it's quite understandable tbh.

It doesn't look good.

edit - wow!! while Ive been typing Hoggers has posted, and I've pretty much para-phrased him!!! I gotta stop stopping drinking.
  • edited October 2010
    hi darich, luckily i was out tonite but can understand with some comments, when then was disconnections problems i lost out, but i`m still waiting why that was, and no it was not my end, sky had every answer requested and yet i`m still waiting for reply ??
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: What a load of impatient spoilt brats... : Darich, you have got this one wrong imo. there have been about 5 or 6 threads, not ten thousand. And also people are rightly concerned about their money! quite understandable! Obviously i am entirely trusting in the site, as you are, but people have the right to post their concerns!
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    And I'm concerned about my money....but I don't automatically assume that it's been stolen! 
  • edited October 2010
    It's okay for the likes of u n me who play online regular and have for years, we know the people behind the scenes at sky and the presenters, obviously we know there's nothing to worry about. Some people don't though, they are already paranoid about putting bank details n stuff online, so when something like this happens they're gonna fear the worst and it's quite understandable tbh. It doesn't look good. edit - wow!! while Ive been typing Hoggers has posted, and I've pretty much para-phrased him!!! I gotta stop stopping drinking.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    +1 million!

thats the 2nd time this week i have agreed with a Dohhhh post im getting worried:)
  • edited October 2010
    OK sorry - I just think given patience is meant to be the key to poker, not many people seem to show much...

shoot me down....

All these people threatening to leave will be here next week, and you shouldn't be playing poker with money you can't afford to lose anyway should you?

Reactionary post and I always use inflammatory language, but I still stand by my thoughts.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: What a load of impatient spoilt brats... : Darich, you have got this one wrong imo. there have been about 5 or 6 threads, not ten thousand. And also people are rightly concerned about their money! quite understandable! Obviously i am entirely trusting in the site, as you are, but people have the right to post their concerns!
    Posted by GREGHOGG
       +1. A brief comment by the presenters in the studo would have taken a lot of the heat out of the situation and would also have reduced the queue at CS. Having the live show is one of the advantages of Sky over other sites so why not use it???
  • edited October 2010
    OK sorry - I just think given patience is meant to be the key to poker, not many people seem to show much... shoot me down.... All these people threatening to leave will be here next week, and you shouldn't be playing poker with money you can't afford to lose anyway should you? Reactionary post and I always use inflammatory language, but I still stand by my thoughts.
    Posted by darich
    ok i agree with what you wrote here, but why have i still got patience for a reply with disconnection problems that had nothing too do with me
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: What a load of impatient spoilt brats... :    +1. A brief comment by the presenters in the studo would have taken a lot of the heat out of the situation and would also have reduced the queue at CS. Having the live show is one of the advantages of Sky over other sites so why not use it???
    Posted by pomfrittes
    100% correct
  • edited October 2010
    With them being on sky sports, they're aiming to attract new clients, not put them off by advertising a technical fault......that wud be mad.

If it was just on 865 they prob wudda said summat.
  • edited October 2010
    dont mind losing it at the table !!! but not to a major computer failure, which quite frankly does wory me regards the integrity of the site.
  • edited October 2010
    With them being on sky sports, they're aiming to attract new clients, not put them off by advertising a technical fault......that wud be mad. If it was just on 865 they prob wudda said summat.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Honesty NOT the best policy then?
  • edited October 2010
    With them being on sky sports, they're aiming to attract new clients, not put them off by advertising a technical fault......that wud be mad. If it was just on 865 they prob wudda said summat.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    + 1 million AND ONE

by the way, the first or second reply on the first thread was from somebody who had been told there were issues being looked into - the length of the queue also provided a clue 
  • edited October 2010
    OK sorry - I just think given patience is meant to be the key to poker, not many people seem to show much... shoot me down.... All these people threatening to leave will be here next week, and you shouldn't be playing poker with money you can't afford to lose anyway should you? Reactionary post and I always use inflammatory language, but I still stand by my thoughts.
    Posted by darich
    Rich, i am not having a go, honest!

All the regulars here know that there have been issues in the past and that Sky Poker is a site of the utmost integrity and honesty and that they always resolve any problems.

However, others don't know this. I think it is perfectly correct that they voice their concerns here, particularly when customer care has a queue of over 200 people!

edit* Also its not the size of the bankroll that is the issue! there were high stake cash players on here mentioning thier "losses" The principle is that this should not happen. Its not good service to have money go missing all of a sudden. I dont blame newcomers who want to leave. they deserve an explanation and apology and they will no doubt get it!

• edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: What a load of impatient spoilt brats... : Honesty NOT the best policy then?
    Posted by debdobs_67
    lol I dunno Debs I'm a poker player I don't work in customer care/marketing, but it seems pretty obvious to me.

Common sense ftw :)
  • edited October 2010
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    omg i agree with this too

what is going on! am i turning into dohhhhhh?
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: What a load of impatient spoilt brats... : Rich, i am not having a go, honest! All the regulars here know that there have been issues in the past and that Sky Poker is a site of the utmost integrity and honesty and that they always resolve any problems. However, others don't know this. I think it is perfectly correct that they voice their concerns here, particularly when customer care has a queue of over 200 people!
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Yeah fair point

Just me shooting from the hip without engaging my brain....sigh

I still think I have a point on some things.

• edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: What a load of impatient spoilt brats... : omg i agree with this too what is going on! am i turning into dohhhhhh?
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Well you both love food ;)
  • edited October 2010
    SPOILT BRATS..... Why spoilt darich ?In Response to What a load of impatient spoilt brats...:
    "Where's my money" "Give me my money back now" "They've stolen my money" "The site's rigged" "This is diabolical" Just some of the comments in the last hour... A sad indictment of the want it all now/5 minutes ago society that we live in. It's unfortunate - sky have apologised and they will correct the issue. Chill!
    Posted by darich
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: What a load of impatient spoilt brats... : Well you both love food ;)
    Posted by dylan12
    Mmmm FOOD!!!!!
  • edited October 2010
    SPOILT BRATS..... Why spoilt darich ? In Response to What a load of impatient spoilt brats... :
    Posted by -JINKY-

Because people want everything right now and are used to getting it in modern society.

You just have to wait until matters are resolved - stamping your feet tends not to work in the big wide world!
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: What a load of impatient spoilt brats... : Mmmm FOOD!!!!!
    Posted by LML
    Keep trying to digress here LM....I like it!!

Look what happens when I'm bored and can't play poker!!!

I still think I'm right though ;-)
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: What a load of impatient spoilt brats... : Keep trying to digress here LM....I like it!! Look what happens when I'm bored and can't play poker!!! I still think I'm right though ;-)
    Posted by darich
    Don't worry. Greghogg will distribute the emergency Chocolate Finger and all harmony will be restored to the Universe.

• edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: What a load of impatient spoilt brats... : lol I dunno Debs I'm a poker player I don't work in customer care/marketing, but it seems pretty obvious to me. Common sense ftw :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    xxx
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: What a load of impatient spoilt brats... : Don't worry. Greghogg will distribute the emergency Chocolate Finger and all harmony will be restored to the Universe.
    Posted by LML
    I'm not letting Greg's Chocolate finger anywhere near me.....
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: What a load of impatient spoilt brats... : Don't worry. Greghogg will distribute the emergency Chocolate Finger and all harmony will be restored to the Universe.
    Posted by LML
    He may need a whole box...