You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

***Site Issue 21st October 2010***

edited October 2010 in Poker Chat
Hi everyone,

We are currently experiencing a network issue which is specifically affecting transfer of funds both in and out of the poker room. 

Our technology team are currently investigating and we will provide you with an update as soon as possible.

Sky Poker can assure all of our customers that all funds will be returned to your balance as soon as this issue is resolved.

We apologise sincerely for the inconvenience caused, we are doing everything we can to resolve this as soon as possible

Kind Regards

Adam

Comments

• edited October 2010
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to ***Site Issue 21st October 2010***:
    Hi everyone, We are currently experiencing a network issue which is specifically affecting transfer of funds both in and out of the poker room.  Our technology team are currently investigating and we will provide you with an update as soon as possible. Sky Poker can assure all of our customers that all funds will be returned to your balance as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologise sincerely for the inconvenience caused, we are doing everything we can to resolve this as soon as possible Kind Regards Adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam
    Glad to see this post - currently down 4 Buy-Ins without even seeing a single hand yet! Have been in the 'live chat help' queue for last 20 mins to try and resolve, is it worth waiting to chat to live assistant? I would quite like to be able to log-off now with the peace of mind that you guys will refund my account without me having to chase?
  • edited October 2010
    I think you should double the amount taken as a good will gesture ;)
  • edited October 2010
    Fair enough. Cheers.

I'd just felted lolufold 3 times running and will be most disappointed if my winnings aren't paid into my account.
  • edited October 2010
    I have been charged 3 times for entering one tournament but it still wont let me play !
  • edited October 2010
    very frustrating TK and Lisa silent on the issue. you still cant enter comps, having had money re-instated i tried entering another and same thing happened again, im with Cotlad they should be compensating us all for such a momentus C**K up
  • edited October 2010
    they have now taken off the live show ! come on sky sort it out
  • edited October 2010
    Thanks for the update Adam
  • edited October 2010

ARE OUR DETAILS SAFE??? CAN I LOG-OFF AND STILL GET MY MONEY BACK IN ACCOUNT????

• edited October 2010
    ...and does anyone think we will be compensated????

WHo the f@@ck are we...just the silly little people who keep it running.

Sorry , but I came on here for a GAME OF POKER!!!!!!!!!....not for this sh!!T....
  • edited October 2010
    I know it's diabolical...coincidental when the SPT Semi Final tourney was about t ostart....registered for it...got the "insuffecient funds" message, took my money and threw me out the website.

Holding for customer services for well over 30 mins, nothing... so I've sent them a email asking for compo, at the end of the day it's fine having the funds returned, but I'm now out of a chance to win a seat at the SPT.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: ***Site Issue 21st October 2010***:
    ...and does anyone think we will be compensated???? WHo the f@@ck are we...just the silly little people who keep it running. Sorry , but I came on here for a GAME OF POKER!!!!!!!!!....not for this sh!!T....
    Posted by ACBRO67
    i sense a freeroll coming!!!!
  • edited October 2010
    im sure they are doing there best.. its not ideal but if you check your 'my account' recent transactions, all transactions have been recorded so u have proof and sky will put it right asap im sure

EDIT: this is really starting to grind my gears now
  • edited October 2010
    I'm  very sorry everyone, I totally understand how concerned everyone is but anyone who has attempted a transfer into poker or is awaiting winnings will receive their funds as soon as this network issue is resolved.

As soon as i know when this will be resolved I will let you all know on here.

It appears to be running slowly but many of you will have already started to receive your funds in your balance

I can only offer our sincere apologies at this time

Adam
  • edited October 2010

hi all have had the same problem but monies have now been put back into account now lets hope the problem doesn't happen again

• edited October 2010
    I aint got my money back yet,was in £100 gtd rebuy tonight and tried to rebuy 4 times it just kept telling me to try again which i did,didnt realise that it was taking a fiver each time and giving me no chips.
  • edited October 2010
    Adam, I was billed £5.50 twice for the same DYM game and only one has been reimbursed. The game didn't open for either of them.
  • edited October 2010
    CHEERS ADAM sure all will end well
  • edited October 2010
    Above has been sorted now, cheers.
  • edited October 2010
    Anyone have a rough idea how long it takes to get money back into ur account? and is it not worth trying to play again tonight?
  • edited October 2010
    Anyone have a rough idea how long it takes to get money back into ur account? and is it not worth trying to play again tonight?
    Posted by CRAIGY14
    cashed  in the 12k bh and just got paid so hopefully all good and ship shape now.... i hope...
  • edited October 2010
    No worries you're probably saving me money!!

Hope you can sort it soon....can't sleep without my poker fix
  • edited October 2010

missing funds were put back earlier but now its happened again got charged twice for same DYM
  • edited October 2010
    Hi all,

Our technical team have applied a fix which we believe has now resolved the fund transfer issue and everyone's balance should now have been corrected.  

If you've checked your balance and you still have a problem then please contact our customer care team through the usual channels.

Please accept our apologies again for the service impact tonight 

Kind Regards

Adam
  • edited October 2010
    Hi Adam, I'm sure my account is still missing some funds, but when I search account history it does not show what my balance was before or after any transactions, this is not the proper way to show account histories--- no-one can check if they are missing funds if the previous balance is not shown on any transactions--- so we just have to trust sky--don't you think the proper and transparent way to show account history is to show the account balance before the transaction and the new balance after the transaction?---- I want to know what my balance was at 1pm yesterday--- perhaps you could pm me this information so I can check my history properly

I think sky should correct this situation, so that the account balance is shown in the history
  • edited October 2010
    Ok now the dust has settled I'm gonna throw this out there.

I think that Sky Poker really does need to look at its public response when there is a widespread technical issue.

To a loyal and regular user of Sky Poker, like myself, I know from experience that whenever Sky has had issues such as this, that it will soon be sorted and that I will be reimbursed. 

However to a casual recreational player they don't have this experience.  They see 11 of their hard earned pounds literally disappear.  When they use the webchat/telephone support they can't get thru so start to panic.  To a casual player this is something that is very off putting and could force them to play their poker elsewhere.

Now we all know that techincal errors happen on every website, no matter what their function. What my concern is that Sky consistantly does not do enough to reassure people when these issues arise.

Sky Poker has the TV channel, unique to any poker site.  Last night you was live, and reading out emails etc while all this was going on.  A far better response would have been to get LM and Tikay to do their best to explain the situation and reassure people inbetween hand reviews....if I was a casual player and couldnt get thru to support my next port of call would have been 865 yet from the TV show last night it was as if there was nothing wrong at all. 

You also use a rolling ticker on the channel to promote tournies.  What's the use of this if people can't buy into them?  When there are technical issues change it to a status update.

Also on the site you use a similar ticker....why not use that to broadcast this information to your customers as well?  As a percentage of the overall userbase of the site, very few people use the forums...to us who use this medium it is a simple process of if there is anything wrong just go and check if others are having it too.  To a casual player this is not the case.

This is a genuine observation on how I think that Sky deals with things.  I think that they could do better when responding to problems and to not use all the various mediums that Sky ahve to hand to reassure its customers is a big mistake IMO.

Like I said before, regulars know that these things happen on the odd occassion and it will be sorted soon.  Non-regulars do not and these are the people that Sky should be looking to get thru to when these issues do arise.

• edited October 2010
    Scotty has it spot on but tbh these problems shouldn't occur in the first place. But as regulars we generally accept that they do as they are resolved quickly and fairly each time.

However, I think if there is an issue like this in future that there should be a message that comes up on the yellow ticker bar at the top, or in the pop up in the middle of the screen to reassure people.

• edited October 2010
    Ok now the dust has settled I'm gonna throw this out there. I think that Sky Poker really does need to look at its public response when there is a widespread technical issue. To a loyal and regular user of Sky Poker, like myself, I know from experience that whenever Sky has had issues such as this, that it will soon be sorted and that I will be reimbursed.  However to a casual recreational player they don't have this experience.  They see 11 of their hard earned pounds literally disappear.  When they use the webchat/telephone support they can't get thru so start to panic.  To a casual player this is something that is very off putting and could force them to play their poker elsewhere. Now we all know that techincal errors happen on every website, no matter what their function. What my concern is that Sky consistantly does not do enough to reassure people when these issues arise. Sky Poker has the TV channel, unique to any poker site.  Last night you was live, and reading out emails etc while all this was going on.  A far better response would have been to get LM and Tikay to do their best to explain the situation and reassure people inbetween hand reviews....if I was a casual player and couldnt get thru to support my next port of call would have been 865 yet from the TV show last night it was as if there was nothing wrong at all.  You also use a rolling ticker on the channel to promote tournies.  What's the use of this if people can't buy into them?  When there are technical issues change it to a status update. Also on the site you use a similar ticker....why not use that to broadcast this information to your customers as well?  As a percentage of the overall userbase of the site, very few people use the forums...to us who use this medium it is a simple process of if there is anything wrong just go and check if others are having it too.  To a casual player this is not the case. This is a genuine observation on how I think that Sky deals with things.  I think that they could do better when responding to problems and to not use all the various mediums that Sky ahve to hand to reassure its customers is a big mistake IMO. Like I said before, regulars know that these things happen on the odd occassion and it will be sorted soon.  Non-regulars do not and these are the people that Sky should be looking to get thru to when these issues do arise.
    Posted by scotty77
    +1 the bear talks sense  ,

word off mouth is everything in business  rather then the newbies  talking to their mates today telling
    them this story .
     i think if skypoker put through a 1k freeroll  for sunday night  so word can spread .
    this will dampen down the flames and turn in to an kinda good news story around the newbies & potential punters  .
    it should be put up on the ticker bar today .

p.s dont make it a rebuy this would be a insult to punters .

• edited October 2010
    Ok now the dust has settled I'm gonna throw this out there. I think that Sky Poker really does need to look at its public response when there is a widespread technical issue. To a loyal and regular user of Sky Poker, like myself, I know from experience that whenever Sky has had issues such as this, that it will soon be sorted and that I will be reimbursed.  However to a casual recreational player they don't have this experience.  They see 11 of their hard earned pounds literally disappear.  When they use the webchat/telephone support they can't get thru so start to panic.  To a casual player this is something that is very off putting and could force them to play their poker elsewhere. Now we all know that techincal errors happen on every website, no matter what their function. What my concern is that Sky consistantly does not do enough to reassure people when these issues arise. Sky Poker has the TV channel, unique to any poker site.  Last night you was live, and reading out emails etc while all this was going on.  A far better response would have been to get LM and Tikay to do their best to explain the situation and reassure people inbetween hand reviews....if I was a casual player and couldnt get thru to support my next port of call would have been 865 yet from the TV show last night it was as if there was nothing wrong at all.  You also use a rolling ticker on the channel to promote tournies.  What's the use of this if people can't buy into them?  When there are technical issues change it to a status update. Also on the site you use a similar ticker....why not use that to broadcast this information to your customers as well?  As a percentage of the overall userbase of the site, very few people use the forums...to us who use this medium it is a simple process of if there is anything wrong just go and check if others are having it too.  To a casual player this is not the case. This is a genuine observation on how I think that Sky deals with things.  I think that they could do better when responding to problems and to not use all the various mediums that Sky ahve to hand to reassure its customers is a big mistake IMO. Like I said before, regulars know that these things happen on the odd occassion and it will be sorted soon.  Non-regulars do not and these are the people that Sky should be looking to get thru to when these issues do arise.
    Posted by scotty77
    two good observations and suggestions.

• edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: ***Site Issue 21st October 2010*** : two good observations and suggestions.
    Posted by aussie09
    +1