You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

***Site Issue 21st October 2010***

2»

Comments

• edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: ***Site Issue 21st October 2010***:
    Hi Adam, I'm sure my account is still missing some funds, but when I search account history it does not show what my balance was before or after any transactions, this is not the proper way to show account histories--- no-one can check if they are missing funds if the previous balance is not shown on any transactions--- so we just have to trust sky--don't you think the proper and transparent way to show account history is to show the account balance before the transaction and the new balance after the transaction?---- I want to know what my balance was at 1pm yesterday--- perhaps you could pm me this information so I can check my history properly  I think sky should correct this situation, so that the account balance is shown in the history
    Posted by oynutter
    Hi OyNutter,

You make a very good point, the account history for poker does not currently show balance changes, it simply shows transfers in and out, which needs addressing.

We have a project currently in development which will redesign the account history pages and resolve this issue. I've just spoken to the Project lead and they are targeting a live release in either Dec/Early Jan.

When the change is ready for live release we'll communicate this with all our customers.

In the meantime you are welcome to contact our customer care team to talk through your transaction history in detail at any time (I totally appreciate that this is not possible during a platform issue such as last night when the Customer Care Team are inundated with customer contacts)

P.S. I'll send you an email regarding your transactions from yesterday (easier than a PM for me)

Best Wishes

Adam
  • edited October 2010
    Ok now the dust has settled I'm gonna throw this out there. I think that Sky Poker really does need to look at its public response when there is a widespread technical issue. To a loyal and regular user of Sky Poker, like myself, I know from experience that whenever Sky has had issues such as this, that it will soon be sorted and that I will be reimbursed.  However to a casual recreational player they don't have this experience.  They see 11 of their hard earned pounds literally disappear.  When they use the webchat/telephone support they can't get thru so start to panic.  To a casual player this is something that is very off putting and could force them to play their poker elsewhere. Now we all know that techincal errors happen on every website, no matter what their function. What my concern is that Sky consistantly does not do enough to reassure people when these issues arise. Sky Poker has the TV channel, unique to any poker site.  Last night you was live, and reading out emails etc while all this was going on.  A far better response would have been to get LM and Tikay to do their best to explain the situation and reassure people inbetween hand reviews....if I was a casual player and couldnt get thru to support my next port of call would have been 865 yet from the TV show last night it was as if there was nothing wrong at all.  You also use a rolling ticker on the channel to promote tournies.  What's the use of this if people can't buy into them?  When there are technical issues change it to a status update. Also on the site you use a similar ticker....why not use that to broadcast this information to your customers as well?  As a percentage of the overall userbase of the site, very few people use the forums...to us who use this medium it is a simple process of if there is anything wrong just go and check if others are having it too.  To a casual player this is not the case. This is a genuine observation on how I think that Sky deals with things.  I think that they could do better when responding to problems and to not use all the various mediums that Sky ahve to hand to reassure its customers is a big mistake IMO. Like I said before, regulars know that these things happen on the odd occassion and it will be sorted soon.  Non-regulars do not and these are the people that Sky should be looking to get thru to when these issues do arise.
    Posted by scotty77
    Hi Ryan,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a pertinent post, we are still in the process of tidying up everything from last night's site issues, so apologies for taking a while to respond to you. The site issues last night were not just impacting Poker they affected all of our products (Sky Bet, Vegas and Bingo too)

Part of this process is understanding and reviewing the issue:

What happened
    Why did it happen
    What needs to be done to prevent any re-occurence
    What we must do to improve across all areas
    etc

All of your points are very fair comments and have been taken on board, I agree with every one of them and we'll take them away at act on them accordingly.

On messaging via the TV/Web tickers, unfortunately this is not always possible during a site issue due to the nature of the problems, although clearly this is our problem and something we need to sort out.

I'll provide another official response/update a little later today

Once again we at Sky Poker can only apologise to all of you for the problems last night, we totally understand that it was a very bad experience. It is our duty to provide a stable, safe and secure environment for you all to enjoy your poker to which we are fully committed.

Kind Regards

Adam
  • edited October 2010

Afternoon all. (I've been hiding all morning).

It's not for me to handle feedback on this Thread, but I do want to comment on the excellent point made by Scotty & others as to "why not announce it on the TV Show?".

I also want to make it clear that the Producer DID offer me the option of so doing, & I don't feel she deserves any blame for the fact it was not announced.

It WAS considered, & it was entirely down to me that I decided not to. I may well have been wrong, if so, my apologies, but I had to weigh up a bunch of stuff.

The Producer, 'Ling, fed the info down my earpiece, & then in the Studio during a break, as to the player balances problem at about 10pm, (I think), but parallel with that, we were having issues with the "Consoles" which receive the hands from Head Office for us to broadcast. So it was a bit "hot" in Feltham last night.

'Ling offered me the opportunity to announce the problem. It was not an instruction, but it was an "if you feel we should, if it's right, go ahead" sorta thing. I think, on balance, she may have preferred me to.

Some of the factors I had to weigh up included the following. (And to be fair, this was during a Live TV Show which was, already, not going as well as it might, due to the console issues).

1) We - neither 'Ling, LML or myself - had concrete evidence of the extent of the problem. We knew there was a problem, but not it's extent. Her info, I believe, was from the Forum, not Head Office. Announcing half a story, with no back-up, or detail, on a Live TV Show, is fraught with danger, especially as I had no idea of the depth of the problem, or likely resolution time.

2) Announcing to all & sundry "oh, by the way, there is a problem with players account balances, but everything is cool, you'll be OK, don't panic" is likely to have exactly the opposite effect on that intended. It just is, imo, it's human nature. "Petrol shortage, don't panic buy", & everyone dashes to the garage! 

3) It was always foremost in my mind that no matter what, everyone's balances would be sorted, properly, & quickly. Sky being Sky, they could not possibly do anything else. Nobody, under any circumstances, would lose any cash as a result of it.

4) Thursday's Show is simulcast on Sky Sports, so now it gets even more awkward. The regulatory & licence guidelines as to what we can say on 865 ONLY, is very different to what we can & cannot say & do on Sky Sports. On a Thursday, we have to have two different heads on, as we seamlessly change to Sky Sports at 10pm, & at that point, we have a totally different remit & message. It's a legal nightmare, it really is, & I was a bit uncomfy with announcing something of which I only had sketchy knowledge, onto Sky Sports. I cannot emphasise strongly enough how big  part this played in my thinking. (Have you ever noticed the difference in "Message" before, & after, 10pm on a Thursday? For one, anything related to "call to action" or direct selling has to cease).  

Anyway, for better, or worse, I decided that it may be best not to announce that we had a problem. In truth, even now, after weighing up the Pros & Cons overnight, it was pretty much a coin-flip imo.

I discussed it with the Suits this morning, & fessed up that it was my call not to announce.

Over & above all that, you really need your wits about you in a Live TV Studio, al sorts of stuff is going off, especially on a Thursday at 865. So I had to make a judgement call under difficult conditons, & I did.

If it was wrong, my sincere apologies, & I'm happy to take responsibility for it.

• edited October 2010
    Thank you Tikay after reading your post i can now understand why there was silence on this matter last night on channel 865 . I must say though i think it would have been quite easy for Sky Poker to have put something on the forum a lot sooner than they did regarding this matter ,this i feel would have put peoples minds at rest and would have stopped people thinking that there accounts had been hacked into .
                 Once again thanks for giving such a full and very honest account of what took place last night and i for one can understand your reasons for not wanting to announce this problem live on air .
                                            Kind Regards  Mick .
  • edited October 2010
    Just a thought!!!!

The specifics of what was or was not happening surely don't need to be broadcast entirely, however, making use of the scrolling box should be quite a simple matter.

Scrolling announcements such as -

"some viewers may be experiencing technical difficulties"
    "online customers may be experiencing technical difficulties"
    "We are aware of the problem and are working to resolve these issues as soon as possible"
    "we apologise for any inconvenience you may be experiencing"

These are all pretty normal ways of announcing a problem without going into specifics and it also helps alleviate any worries customers may have and assures them at the same time that the problems are being addressed. 
  • edited October 2010
    Absolutly Trev,but whats done is done and now can move forward with the fact that IF it happens again, it will be handled appropriatly.

Thank you Tony for the honesty and can understand your decison.

I still like you sky ;)
  • edited October 2010
    Afternoon all. (I've been hiding all morning). It's not for me to handle feedback on this Thread, but I do want to comment on the excellent point made by Scotty & others as to "why not announce it on the TV Show?". I also want to make it clear that the Producer DID offer me the option of so doing, & I don't feel she deserves any blame for the fact it was not announced. It WAS considered, & it was entirely down to me that I decided not to. I may well have been wrong, if so, my apologies, but I had to weigh up a bunch of stuff. The Producer, 'Ling, fed the info down my earpiece, & then in the Studio during a break, as to the player balances problem at about 10pm, (I think), but parallel with that, we were having issues with the "Consoles" which receive the hands from Head Office for us to broadcast. So it was a bit "hot" in Feltham last night. 'Ling offered me the opportunity to announce the problem. It was not an instruction, but it was an "if you feel we should, if it's right, go ahead" sorta thing. I think, on balance, she may have preferred me to. Some of the factors I had to weigh up included the following. (And to be fair, this was during a Live TV Show which was, already, not going as well as it might, due to the console issues).   1) We - neither 'Ling, LML or myself - had concrete evidence of the extent of the problem. We knew there was a problem, but not it's extent. Her info, I believe, was from the Forum, not Head Office. Announcing half a story, with no back-up, or detail, on a Live TV Show, is fraught with danger, especially as I had no idea of the depth of the problem, or likely resolution time. 2) Announcing to all & sundry "oh, by the way, there is a problem with players account balances, but everything is cool, you'll be OK, don't panic" is likely to have exactly the opposite effect on that intended. It just is, imo, it's human nature. "Petrol shortage, don't panic buy", & everyone dashes to the garage!  3) It was always foremost in my mind that no matter what, everyone's balances would be sorted, properly, & quickly. Sky being Sky, they could not possibly do anything else. Nobody, under any circumstances, would lose any cash as a result of it. 4) Thursday's Show is simulcast on Sky Sports, so now it gets even more awkward. The regulatory & licence guidelines as to what we can say on 865 ONLY, is very different to what we can & cannot say & do on Sky Sports. On a Thursday, we have to have two different heads on, as we seamlessly change to Sky Sports at 10pm, & at that point, we have a totally different remit & message. It's a legal nightmare, it really is, & I was a bit uncomfy with announcing something of which I only had sketchy knowledge, onto Sky Sports. I cannot emphasise strongly enough how big  part this played in my thinking. (Have you ever noticed the difference in "Message" before, & after, 10pm on a Thursday? For one, anything related to "call to action" or direct selling has to cease).   Anyway, for better, or worse, I decided that it may be best not to announce that we had a problem. In truth, even now, after weighing up the Pros & Cons overnight, it was pretty much a coin-flip imo. I discussed it with the Suits this morning, & fessed up that it was my call not to announce. Over & above all that, you really need your wits about you in a Live TV Studio, al sorts of stuff is going off, especially on a Thursday at 865. So I had to make a judgement call under difficult conditons, & I did. If it was wrong, my sincere apologies, & I'm happy to take responsibility for it.   
    Posted by Tikay10

TOP MAN TK ,

ALWAYS WILLING TO TAKE THE REINS .

HOPE YOU HAVE SOMEONE IN TRAINING IN SKYPOKER TO REPLACE YOU ,

FOR WHEN  THE MAN ABOVE CALLS YOUR NUMBER OUT LOL !

P.S

IT WILL BE OF COURSE A LONG APPRENTICESHIP  I
    AM SURE YOU  HAVE PLENTY OF TIME LEFT,
    TO HELP SORT ALL OUR PROBLEMS ON HERE LOL !

WHAT YOU MEAN CAN HE CALL MY NUMBER NOW .

• edited October 2010
    Hi TK,

Thanks a lot for your considered response.  I know that a lot more issues go on behind the scenes than we can appreciate and thanks for explaining them.  I do think that Sky Poker needs to hvae a more standardised proceedure in the future.  This has happened multiple times but the standard response has always been lacking IMO.
  • edited October 2010
    Hi All,

I'm unsticking this discussion, as I've posted an update in a new sticky thread, which I want players to be able to see without having to scroll through these pages.

All your points and comments already made on this thread have been noted and taken on board

thanks again

Adam