You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Weekend bets

edited October 2010 in The Football Corner
Hi guys

Bets placed so far.

9 x 8folds at 50p aline if all come in.... NO when they come in, it will pay £504

Single £25 bet on hull match
  1. Morecambe v Stevenage Under 2.5 Goals @ 5/6
  2. Sheff. Wed v Bournemouth Under 2.5 Goals @ 4/5
  3. Hartlepool v Bristol Rov Over 2.5 Goals @ 10/11
  4. Doncaster v Sheff. Utd Under 2.5 Goals @ 4/6
  5. Watford v Scunthorpe Over 2.5 Goals @ 4/5
  6. Hull v Portsmouth Under 2.5 Goals @ 4/5
  7. Coventry v Barnsley Over 2.5 Goals @ 10/11
  8. West Brom v Fulham Under 2.5 Goals @ 8/11
  9. Tottenham v Everton Under 2.5 Goals @ 4/5

Looked for home win acca but just did'nt see anything that took my fancy, might look again in morning just to see if it looks different after a nights sleep.

Might back QPR tonight to make the game worth watching but as i type this i see the odds have dropped from evs to 10/11.

I'll think about it.

Be lucky

achill

Comments

• edited October 2010
    I am getting so sick and tired of this site keep logging me out so i post anonymously.
  • edited October 2010
    The bet of the day in the mirror today, is for Bristol City to win tonight @ 3/1

When I read it, I thought, nah away at QPR, no chance.....

Then I saw they're at home, yet still 3/1???

W T F !!!

I'm avin some of that, £25 sheets on The cider-men! 

• edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Weekend bets:
    The bet of the day in the mirror today, is for Bristol City to win tonight @ 3/1 When I read it, I thought, nah away at QPR, no chance..... Then I saw they're at home, yet still 3/1??? W T F !!! I'm avin some of that, £25 sheets on The cider-men! 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Good luck mate, wouldn't back against QPR though but football's a funny old game, you never know. Out of interest did the Mirror give any reasons why it's the bet of the day?

Gonna look at the betting market for the match now, might have Taarabt for 1st scorer.
  • edited October 2010
    Probably because it was the only game on today lol!
  • edited October 2010
    I actually considered not putting on any bets this weekend cos right now I feel like I couldn't back a winner in a one horse race. 

It took me about 10 minutes to go against my better judgement though & I've gone for 3 different bets for tomorrow so here's hoping!

Main Bet:

Burnley to beat Reading (H) @ 10/11
    Watford to beat Scunthorpe (H) @ 8/11
    Brighton to beat Yeovil (H) @ 8/15
    Chesterfield to beat Shrewsbury (H) @ evens - W T F!!!

These 4 are paying a decent 9/1.

If Burnley could transfer their home form to their travels they'd be storming this division right now. They're unbeaten in 6 at Turf Moor so far & only Bristol City have taken a point from there to date. They've also only conceded 3 goals in those 6 outings so far & all those came from Preston in a thrilling 4-3 win. Reading are sitting in mid table & they've only one win from six on the road so far. It won't be an easy game & if this was at the Madejski I certainly wouldn't back Burnley, but at Turf Moor & this price (which is too big imo) it should be a good starting place.
    Watford are probably the biggest surprise in the championship so far. One of the pre season relegation favourites, they currently find themselves in 3rd place after picking up some good results & playing some good stuff along the way. Scunny have shown that they can be a decent force on the road with 3 wins from 6 so far but the glory hornet boys should see them off here. They saw off Ipswich at Vicarage Road in midweek & won this fixture last season too.
    Brighton should be as close to a home banker as you'll get this weekend. 3 Points clear at the top of league 1 they face a Yeovil side who generally don't travel well. The seagulls are unbeaten in 9 home & away & thumped Charlton 4-0 at the Valley last time out. It is worth noting that Yeovil have in fact won their last 2 on the road, although these came at Rochdale & struggling Walsall so there's no major surprises there. Brighton also have the upper hand between the two teams as well having not lost in their last 4 league meetings (they've won the last 2 at the Withdean).
    On the face of it Chesterfield appears to be a risky pick but even money here is way too big a price. Crewe are the only side to come away with a point from the B2Net so far this season in the crazy 5-5 draw a few weeks back, but even then Chesterfield came back from being 3-0, 4-1 & 5-3 down during the game to get that point! They've won their other 5 games at home so far & the Crewe game aside, they don't concede many there either. Shrewsbury started the season really well but have tailed off a touch in recent weeks particularly away from from home. In their last 4 on the road they've lost 3 & drawn one & the two that they have won away came against Macclesfield & Stockport so certainly not the divisions toughest teams.

Long Shot:

Villa to beat Sunderland (A) @ 2/1
    West Ham to beat Newcastle (H) @ 13/10
    Peterborough to beat Brentford (A) @ 13/8
    Huddersfield to beat Plymouth (A) @ 13/10
    Cheltenham to beat Port Vale (H) @ 19/10

These 5 pay a massive 120/1 so only small stakes here. As usual I've done 10x trebles @ 50p per line & 1x 5 fold for a quid. Should just 3 come in then I cover my stake so nothing lost. If I get 4 then it's a small profit (at least £15 depending on which ones come in if I work it out correctly) but should all 5 come in then the milky bars are on me!

Villa have had the upper hand over Sunderland in recent years with only one defeat home or away in their last 9 league meetings. During those games they've won 6 of them including their last 3 visits to the Stadium of Light.
    It's gonna be a close call at Upton Park tomorrow evening but I really fancy us for this. We're playing well at the moment & are unbeaten in our last 5 in all competitions & but for a poor refereeing decision last week would've picked up maximum points at Wolves too. Newcastle are no mugs though & won't roll over easily but they are beatable particularly on the road.
    Peterborough are a real Jekyl & Hyde team on the road. One minute they're beating a Carlisle side who hadn't lost at home up until that point & the next they're losing at Hartlepool who have been poor at home! Brentford have had a tough time so far & find themselves in the bottom 4. As part of a long shot this price is massive but it does depend on which Peterborough side turn up.
    Huddersfield are another side who are very hit & miss on their travels. They hit a sticky patch a few weeks ago but seem to have found their feet again having won their last 2 including a 3-0 win at Colchester who were previously unbeaten at home. Plymouth are struggling so far & are only one point from the bottom 4 but have shown that they are capable of beating the better teams in this division. Again though, as part of a long shot at this price it's well worth a shot.
    Right now I hate Port Vale as they've let me down big time over the last few weeks. They've hit a bit of a sticky patch & have dropped points against teams that they really should be beating. They travel to a Cheltenham side who have only lost once at home so far this season so for those reasons they merit inclusion in a long shot bet at this price.

Goals Goals Goals - Both to score:

Spurs/Everton @ 5/6
    West Brom/Fulham @ 5/6
    West Ham/Newcastle @ 4/5
    Forest/Ipswich @ 5/6
    Crewe/Aldershot @ 8/11
    Morecambe/Stevenage @ 8/11

These 6 are paying a nice 32/1 & all of these teams have shown that they're just as capable of conceding goals as they are to score them so far this season.

Good luck if you're having a go this weekend. I've got a couple of free bets to use so may have a crack at a correct score for our game tomorrow night (I fancy 2-1 to the mighty hammers @ 9/1).

Happy betting peeps

Jay
  • edited October 2010
    I had to be cocky and add 2 Irish games with Bristol City to make the odds bigger lol, looks like BC are going to win but the two irish teams (who were like 2/9 and 1/4 on are both drawing!!! lol) ):::::
  • edited October 2010
    Looked at QPR match at half time and saw with 3 bookings in first half sky were offering 4/6 for over 47.5 which seemed very generous so but £48 on and thats come in with 20 mins to go so its all free bets tomorrow.

Also got a free £5 bet to use so will probally do acca tomorrow.

DOH i hope bristol hang on for you, that will be a very nice return. 

Be lucky

achill
  • edited October 2010
    Looked at QPR match at half time and saw with 3 bookings in first half sky were offering 4/6 for over 47.5 which seemed very generous so but £48 on and thats come in with 20 mins to go so its all free bets tomorrow. Also got a free £5 bet to use so will probally do acca tomorrow. DOH i hope bristol hang on for you, that will be a very nice return.  Be lucky achill
    Posted by achill
    Achill, unless it's sky's own enhanced multiples (which are usually c rap) the free £5 bets can only be used on  singles (although you can use them for e/w bets). That's why I was gonna have a go on a correct score for our game tomorrow.
  • edited October 2010

don't think you can go wrong with goals galore. 66/1 on picking 6 matches where both teams have to score!!

Forget picking winners / losers - there's always that random game that throws everything. Defo more chnace of both teams scoring.

Defo spending some of my hard earned cash on that.

• edited October 2010
    pretty sure it's 33/1 for 6 games?
  • edited October 2010
    1. Sibir v Spartak MoscowSpartak Moscow @ 2/5
    2. SC Bastia v Stade Plabennecois|SC Bastia| @ 2/5
    3. RC Strasbourg v UJA Alfortville|RC Strasbourg| @ 1/2
    4. Heerenveen v VVV VenloHeerenveen @ 2/5
    5. Dinamo Zagreb v SibenikDinamo Zagreb @ 1/5
    6. Sporting Lisbon v Rio AveSporting Lisbon @ 4/11
    7. Excelsior v AjaxAjax @ 2/11
    8. PSV Eindhoven v FeyenoordPSV Eindhoven @ 4/11
    9. AZ Alkmaar v Willem IIAZ Alkmaar @ 1/6
    10. Trabzonspor v GenclerbirligiTrabzonspor @ 4/9
    11. Cercle Brugge v EupenCercle Brugge @ 2/5
    12. SV Ried v SV MattersburgSV Ried @ 2/5
    13. Arles v LyonLyon @ 4/9
    14. Real Madrid v SantanderReal Madrid @ 1/7
    15. Real Zaragoza v BarcelonaBarcelona @ 1/4

Only pays 73/1.

Good luck to anyone having a bet this weekend.

• edited October 2010
    1. FC Illychivets v Metalist KharkovMetalist Kharkov @ 4/6
    2. Anzhi v ZenitZenit @ 1/2
    3. Helsingborgs v Atvidabergs FFHelsingborgs @ 4/11
    4. FC Twente v ADO Den HaagFC Twente @ 1/4
    5. Sevilla v Athletic BilbaoSevilla @ 8/11
    6. Kecskemet v Videoton FCVideoton FC @ 8/13
    7. TPS v FC LahtiTPS @ 4/5
    8. Tampere Utd v HJK HelsinkiHJK Helsinki @ evens
    9. Valerenga v LillestromValerenga @ 4/7
    10. Neuchatel Xamax v FC LuzernFC Luzern @ 6/5
    11. Mechelen v GerminalMechelen @ 10/11
    12. KSV Superfund v Sturm GrazSturm Graz @ 11/10
    13. Pacos Ferreira v Beira MarPacos Ferreira @ evens
    14. St. Etienne v CaenSt. Etienne @ 4/5
    15. Rennes v MontpellierRennes @ 10/11

I've trawled every European division looking at tables, home & away form & histories of fixtures, my eyes are killing me but i'm hoping it's worth it. Pays 4076/1. Should be enough to cover the laser surgery.

• edited October 2010
    6 Selections Chosen
    1 Tottenham v Everton
    Backing: The Draw
    2 Birmingham v Blackpool
    Backing: Birmingham
    3 Wigan v Bolton
    Backing: The Draw
    4 Sunderland v Aston Villa
    Backing: Sunderland
    5 Liverpool v Blackburn
    Backing: Liverpool
    6 Stoke v Man Utd
    Backing: Man Utd

6 x 5 folds at 70p
    1 x 6 fold at 60p   = £4.80
  • edited October 2010
    my effort for today....36 X 7 Folds, 9 X 8 Folds and an Acca.
    FootballNpower ChampionshipCoventry v BarnsleyMatch Result 23/10/2010 15:00Coventry @ evens
    FootballNpower ChampionshipWatford v ScunthorpeMatch Result 23/10/2010 15:00Watford @ 8/11
    FootballNpower League 1Rochdale v DagenhamMatch Result 23/10/2010 15:00Rochdale @ evens
    FootballNpower ChampionshipBurnley v ReadingMatch Result 23/10/2010 15:00Burnley @ 10/11
    FootballNpower League 1Hartlepool v Bristol RovTeams to Score 23/10/2010 15:00Both teams to score @ 8/11
    FootballNpower League 2Crewe v Aldershot TownTeams to Score 23/10/2010 15:00Both teams to score @ 8/11
    FootballScottish Premier LeagueHearts v St MirrenTo Score 2+ Goals 23/10/2010 15:00Hearts @ 5/6
    FootballScottish Division 2East Fife v ForfarMatch Result 23/10/2010 15:00East Fife @ 6/5
    FootballNpower League 2Chesterfield v ShrewsburyTeams to Score 23/10/2010 15:00Both teams to score @ 4/6
    Good Luck All
  • edited October 2010
    I have put 25p on Bury to win 6-0 today maybe a little optimistic!
  • edited October 2010
    my effort for today....36 X 7 Folds, 9 X 8 Folds and an Acca. Football Npower Championship Coventry v Barnsley Match Result 23/10/2010 15:00 Coventry @ evens Football Npower Championship Watford v Scunthorpe Match Result 23/10/2010 15:00 Watford @ 8/11 Football Npower League 1 Rochdale v Dagenham Match Result 23/10/2010 15:00 Rochdale @ evens Football Npower Championship Burnley v Reading Match Result 23/10/2010 15:00 Burnley @ 10/11 Football Npower League 1 Hartlepool v Bristol Rov Teams to Score 23/10/2010 15:00 Both teams to score @ 8/11 Football Npower League 2 Crewe v Aldershot Town Teams to Score 23/10/2010 15:00 Both teams to score @ 8/11 Football Scottish Premier League Hearts v St Mirren To Score 2+ Goals 23/10/2010 15:00 Hearts @ 5/6 Football Scottish Division 2 East Fife v Forfar Match Result 23/10/2010 15:00 East Fife @ 6/5 Football Npower League 2 Chesterfield v Shrewsbury Teams to Score 23/10/2010 15:00 Both teams to score @ 4/6 Good Luck All
    Posted by emilyegg

Assuming u bet a quid on each of these, ( 46 quid total, ) .....

,,,,,,How much wud u expect to get back if only 1 result lets u down?

• atwatw
    edited October 2010
    Quick accy in my bookies

Hearts
    Brighton
    Peterborough
    Coventry
    Tottenham
    Chelsea -2

£1 returns £40 or so, was tempted to add Blackpool but they'd inevitably cost me.
  • edited October 2010

Spurs in the early kick off.

Donny in the tea-time kick off (bbc 2 ftw!) wiiiiiiiiiii

Birmingham to get their season going against Bpool.

West Brom to keep the momentum goin.

And chelsea to make it 20/1 instead of 17/1

Tenner onnit returns £200ish.

GD LUK !
  • edited October 2010
    Goals Goals Goals
    1. Crewe v Aldershot TownBoth teams to score @ 8/11
    2. West Ham v NewcastleBoth teams to score @ 4/5
    3. Hartlepool v Bristol RovBoth teams to score @ 8/11
    4. Morecambe v StevenageBoth teams to score @ 8/11
    5. Barnet v MacclesfieldBoth teams to score @ 8/11
    6. Motherwell v Dundee UtdBoth teams to score @ 8/11

Got a 30/1 shot last week so feeling good about this. This pays 27/1.

• edited October 2010
    1. Rotherham v WycombeDraw @ 12/5
    2. Brentford v PeterboroughDraw @ 23/10
    3. Hull v PortsmouthDraw @ 12/5
    4. Wigan v BoltonDraw @ 9/4

123/1

• edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Weekend bets : Assuming u bet a quid on each of these, ( 46 quid total, ) ..... ,,,,,,How much wud u expect to get back if only 1 result lets u down?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    i normally stake £12.70 JJ.......

36 x 20p
    9 x 50p
    1 x £1

7 right is a small profit
    8 right is a decent profit
    9 from 9 is good times
  • edited October 2010
    Okay, so from 12.70......what wud u get back roughly for 8/9? How do u define decent profit?

I have no idea with these......

As I type, f f s Leyton Baines. 

• edited October 2010
    shortest odds I have are 4/6 so if 8 came up (8 x 7 folds and an 8 fold) it should pay about £300 JJ.
  • edited October 2010
    wow !!!

See I was thinking maybe 50/60 quid max.

Gotta be a better bet than my tener on 25/1 shots every week....Although I love goalkeepers with tourettes right now.

Cheerz for the info, gl.
  • edited October 2010
    I have always been in profit with this bet JJ, and always use 9 selections.

You should have a go on the euro/world footy games tomorrow, just to give it a spin.
  • edited October 2010
    1. Livingston v PeterheadLivingston @ 1/2
    2. Raith Rov. v Ross Co.Raith Rov. @ evens
    3. Brighton v YeovilBrighton @ 8/15
    4. Coventry v BarnsleyCoventry @ evens
    5. Chelsea v WolvesChelsea @ 1/8

9/1

• edited October 2010

Okay I've had a go.......

Same as u said above, £12.70 (thats 30 quid now, grrrrrrr ADDICT!!)

Selections 
    1Burnley    @ 5/6

2Hull    @ 13/10

3Crewe    @ 6/5

4Port Vale    @ 5/4

5Sheff Wed    @ 10/11

6Southampton    @ 4/7

7Brighton    @ 4/7

8Hearts    @ 4/7

9West Brom    @ 1/1
  • edited October 2010
    Have stuck £5 acca on, backing the same teams as many of u have already posted here.

BURNLEY
    WATFORD
    BRIGHTON
    CHESTERFIELD

Have used my free £5 bet on everton/spurs match. corners 0-4 at 10/3.

U were correct silentbob only use it for single bets which seems abit daft.

Be lucky

achill
  • edited October 2010
    I had a free £10 bet to use on a single so I've lumped it on a 2-1 win for my boys against the barcodes this evening @ 9/1.