You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Changes (1) - The Nightly 8pm Main Event

Comments

• edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Changes (1) - The Nightly 8pm Main Event:
    I really like the look of this although imo, the sats for these need to start running the night before in order to give more people a chance of playing them. I fully take on board that there will be something for everyone's bankroll but a lot of people enjoy playing in the nightly ME so there will no doubt be a fair few who can't buy straight in (myself included). The reason I think the sats should start the night before is purely because the majority are working through the day & probably can't come home to play the sats straight away (& possibly then go on to play the ME).
    Posted by silentbob
    i agree. Like the monday night bounty hunter, They put the tounrament in lobby sunday night, but sats into it sunday day or night would be good.
  • edited October 2010
    All well and good if you can affford it.
    Perhaps there should be extra low level satellites so that it opens the game up for every one. Could be very exciting.
    And should definitely be televised , this will bring in the numbers.
  • edited October 2010
    i have no probs with the changes that have been made; just a thought....does it not seem that they have all been made for the benefit of the bigger bankrolled player?
    as tikay has said that more changes are coming and i do hope that the smaller bankrolled players will benefit!
  • edited October 2010
    i have no probs with the changes that have been made; just a thought....does it not seem that they have all been made for the benefit of the bigger bankrolled player? as tikay has said that more changes are coming and i do hope that the smaller bankrolled players will benefit!
    Posted by lozgo

i agree with lozgo im new to the site i was just about managein to find the cash for the tourneys but now it seem,s as tho they are going to get even more exspencive .
    did david camron take over sky .    ps bigger bye ins for the same small sit down stacks
  • edited October 2010
    SATS are a must. You should also make SnG SATs yeah?
  • edited October 2010
    Never been a main event player so it looks good for the people who can afford to play them.Waiting with for rest of schedule to see how it looks and if everyone has been catered for.
  • edited October 2010
    8pm start for this blind structure is clearly better. My comments about the awful TV coverage compared to the past stand. There used to be a nightly show, in a decent studio, with graphics that didn't look like a 6th form sturdent's IT project. That's why I started playing on SKY, and I'm sure I am not alone.
  • edited October 2010
    SATS are a must. You should also make SnG SATs yeah?
    Posted by PKRPar
    +1    i would love to see sng sats
  • edited October 2010
    Nice to see that the overwhelming response to make the main events a 9pm start were listened to. The rest is cool by me. Shame we can't have a decent TV show any more.
    Posted by Eyeman
    What overwhelming response? it used to be 9pm but the client base ASKED for it to be moved to 8 and blind levels extended? Was there another vote somwhere?
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Changes (1) - The Nightly 8pm Main Event : What overwhelming response? it used to be 9pm but the client base ASKED for it to be moved to 8 and blind levels extended? Was there another vote somwhere?
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    Does there have to be?
  • edited October 2010
    No reason why there shouldn't be 2 big tournys a night, as a 2nd chance for the early KO's from the 8pm, and also, plenty of players who play the 8pm are comfortable 2 tabling, and will deffo enter both.

A nightly 9pm, £2.5k gtd £5-10 (or anything inbetween) buy in, with the old open structure wud hit it's guarantee every single time.

Fingers crossed something like this will be in the next announcement, then everyone (I) will be happy. 

ALSO - I hope the tournys through the day get looked at. Between now and 7pm, there are SEVEN bounty hunter tournaments with guaranteed prize pools of £100 and £150. In that time there is ONE traditional NLHE tournament, which has a guaranteed prize pool above £50, and thats a £200 gtd, and regularly hits £250+.

Why is this? - The NLHE tourny @ 3pm gets more runners than the others, yet the lobby us full of bounty hunters???

If it isn't too late (and I have pleaded loadsssss of times before) can you request another £200 gtd NLHE tournament at 5pm, and something similar at 6pm.
  • edited October 2010
    I really like the look of this although imo, the sats for these need to start running the night before in order to give more people a chance of playing them. I fully take on board that there will be something for everyone's bankroll but a lot of people enjoy playing in the nightly ME so there will no doubt be a fair few who can't buy straight in (myself included). The reason I think the sats should start the night before is purely because the majority are working through the day & probably can't come home to play the sats straight away (& possibly then go on to play the ME).
    Posted by silentbob

+1. Totally agree bob and have mentioned nightly sats many times in the past but to no avail. seems sats are only for full timers and unemployed (or unemployable).
  • edited October 2010
    Not that I would play them personally but I agree with you guys these mains could do with satelites the night before, maybe a 8.30 start for example, just after that days main event starts.

For all the smaller BR players, I can understand your concerns/upset that the main event is increasing making it harder to play, but if you think of Sky as a whole, there are ALOT of small BR players on here, therefor there must be alot out there for you. You wont find many sites that promote these small buyin deepstacks like sky do. We pay 20 - 30p in rake for about 4 hours of play, Sky would much rather you playing cash/bigger mtt's to generate more rake, but they promote these because its what you want, loads of poker for not alot of money.

All the other big sites will have their main events as 3 figure buy ins, so saying Sky are only lookin after "Big bankroll players" when the buyin is only £22 is a bit puzzling.

The TSP players will be playing Live MTTs to generate more interest in the site from other players. These MTTs will be around the 1k mark to buyin, there is no point them advertising the site to this type of player if the main event on sky is £11. I think sky have got this spot on. Yes you are having to pay more to play, but the fields will be a bit smaller and the blinds have increased which makes this a much better tournament and I think you will see a lot of regular faces final tabling the 8pm's.
  • edited October 2010
    love the changes but can sky please sort out the mid day schedule!!! Its just BH BH BH BH BH BH  with half decent GTDS and thenthere is one proper tourny at 3pm with 200 gtd please can we have more nice and simple nl texas holdem mtts with no bounties just nice and str8 forward. And sky knows they get runnes look at the 3pm there is always near on a 300 quid pize pool from so many runners.

I say 1 every 2 n half hours with a decent gtd.

And what is the 50 gtd with £11 entry all about????
  • edited October 2010
    50% more rake on BH tournaments.
  • edited October 2010
    50% more rake on BH tournaments.
    Posted by SoLack
    Ha I never even thought of this.

Why is that the case????

And if it's a choice between paying more rake (25 pennies more), or going without, then charge more rake !!!

Just give us summat decent to play plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • edited October 2010
    Patience FTW I reckon, let them announce the new schedule, they have it all done and they aren't going to change it last minute because people are saying they want more of this and less of that. Let's just be patient and see what they have done.
  • edited October 2010
    Patience FTW I reckon, let them announce the new schedule, they have it all done and they aren't going to change it last minute because people are saying they want more of this and less of that. Let's just be patient and see what they have done.
    Posted by dylan12
    The voice of reason as always Dyl ;)
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Changes (1) - The Nightly 8pm Main Event : The voice of reason as always Dyl ;)
    Posted by BrownnDog
    Hugs in Blackpool :)
  • edited October 2010
    Posted by dylan12
    have to agree. just wish someone other than dyl had come up with it, common sense form dylan WOW
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Changes (1) - The Nightly 8pm Main Event : have to agree. just wish someone other than dyl had come up with it, common sense form dylan WOW
    Posted by DAIBOOT
    lol ty m8 ;)
  • edited October 2010
    I agree that there should be more sats for the M/E, starting the night before.

The jump in BIs is a lot for most BRs to take so makes sense really to give more people the cheaper option at an earlier opportunity. 
  • edited October 2010
    Changes (2) Orford gets to work with a bevvy of hot female analysts whilst Tikay is 'relocated' to another night. Looks pretty official that. Wonder if I can get it through...?
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    No.. But we do have a wig and a lovely little lacy negligee for Tikay if that helps at all?

You're welcome.
  • edited October 2010
    I agree that there should be more sats for the M/E, starting the night before. The jump in BIs is a lot for most BRs to take so makes sense really to give more people the cheaper option at an earlier opportunity. 
    Posted by scotty77
    To this, & numerous other Posts along the same lines.

I gather from Lord Adam that the plan is to run Satellites during each Evening, in the "busy period", to the next night's Main Events. So, say, 8.30pm or 9.30pm, that sort of time, for the NEXT NIGHT's event.

Previously, Satellites have not been well-supported, despite many requests for them, so I imagine this will run as a trial for a few weeks, & if they are being supported, all well & good, they'll continue, but if they are not filling, then they'll be discontinued.

Can't say fairer than that, imo.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Changes (1) - The Nightly 8pm Main Event : To this, & numerous other Posts along the same lines. I gather from Lord Adam that the plan is to run Satellites during each Evening, in the "busy period", to the next night's Main Events. So, say, 8.30pm or 9.30pm, that sort of time, for the NEXT NIGHT's event. Previously, Satellites have not been well-supported, despite many requests for them, so I imagine this will run as a trial for a few weeks, & if they are being supported, all well & good, they'll continue, but if they are not filling, then they'll be discontinued. Can't say fairer than that, imo.
    Posted by Tikay10

Nice one!!
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Changes (1) - The Nightly 8pm Main Event : To this, & numerous other Posts along the same lines. I gather from Lord Adam that the plan is to run Satellites during each Evening, in the "busy period", to the next night's Main Events. So, say, 8.30pm or 9.30pm, that sort of time, for the NEXT NIGHT's event. Previously, Satellites have not been well-supported, despite many requests for them, so I imagine this will run as a trial for a few weeks, & if they are being supported, all well & good, they'll continue, but if they are not filling, then they'll be discontinued. Can't say fairer than that, imo.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Im a bit baffled when you use the term 'if they are being supported' i thought sats were all about 1 in 5 gain entry to the main event so do they not always get 5 runners or more? the daily sats now always seem to launch with enough runners so why would they not on the previous evening?
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Changes (1) - The Nightly 8pm Main Event : Im a bit baffled when you use the term 'if they are being supported' i thought sats were all about 1 in 5 gain entry to the main event so do they not always get 5 runners or more? the daily sats now always seem to launch with enough runners so why would they not on the previous evening?
    Posted by debdobs_67
    I'm not sure I understand your question Debs, sorry.

It's a matter of fact that, hitherto, 90% of Satellites have not run, due to insufficient Entries, which is what I meant by the term "lack of support".

Hopefully, these will all run, as they will not be spread over 24 hours, just 1 a day.
  • edited October 2010
    Posted by Tikay10
    Cheers for the response TK, but why can't we get Sit n Go sats to the main events?? Means we could post on the forum when we'd like to play and they would get runners no problem. Even if they were 10 seaters with top 2 getting tickets as a prize?
  • edited October 2010

If u wanna do sng sats, why not just play dyms for whatever the buy in is worth?

Im gonna open 2 £11 dyms now, and if I cash in both, thats tonights £22 buy in paid for?

Simplez.