You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Changes (1) - The Nightly 8pm Main Event

13»

Comments

• edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Changes (1) - The Nightly 8pm Main Event:
    If u wanna do sng sats, why not just play dyms for whatever the buy in is worth? Im gonna open 2 £11 dyms now, and if I cash in both, thats tonights £22 buy in paid for? Simplez.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    plus £2 obviously :)

completly agree, brilliant point
  • edited October 2010
    If u wanna do sng sats, why not just play dyms for whatever the buy in is worth? Im gonna open 2 £11 dyms now, and if I cash in both, thats tonights £22 buy in paid for? Simplez.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    And if ya win one, lose one your -£2, so if you then win the next two you are still £4 short so then you will have to do two £2.20 DYM's and hope ya win both, and if ya dont your still short lol, ya may as well play the 1 in 5 and if ya don't qualify so be it, instead of chasing the end of the rainbow lol. Also if ya can afford to play 2 £11 DYM's then ya can probably afford the direct buy in, sats are 1 in 5 for a good reason, its makes the tournaments available for low stake players!
  • edited October 2010

Ahhhh yeh I suppose, good points.

1 in 6 sng it is then?

Dyms are pretty low variance, as u say if lose 1 and win 1, you're only gonna be a couple of quid down, but if you're looking to turn a quid into a fiver, (or the same ratio) then dyms obv aren't gonna work.

So you want winner takes all sngs???

Wud u still not rather have the traditional sng payout, where coming 2nd gets your money back? I dunno. 

Im gonna be playing sats for the new main events (or a similar method of making entry fees as I used today) - I just think the variance in 1 in 5 or 1 in 6 sng winner takes all wud be too much for me to take......

But obv if ur skint, then it's all or nothing, so understand your point.

Im just a tight B###### !

(won both btw, Im in!)
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Changes (1) - The Nightly 8pm Main Event : I'm not sure I understand your question Debs, sorry. It's a matter of fact that, hitherto, 90% of Satellites have not run, due to insufficient Entries, which is what I meant by the term "lack of support". Hopefully, these will all run, as they will not be spread over 24 hours, just 1 a day.
    Posted by Tikay10
    ??? i have yet to see a sat NOT launch during the day,so im totally baffled
  • edited October 2010

In Response to Re: Changes (1) - The Nightly 8pm Main Event : ??? i have yet to see a sat NOT launch during the day,so im totally baffled
    Posted by debdobs_67
    Quite a few sats don't run due to lack of numbers, most recently the DS Q/F and S/F, the Monday £22 DS sats, Sunday £55 DS sats, the normal BH sats, there are some £22 BH sats which are on that don't run etc etc etc. Ofc there are some very popular sats such as the Sunday 5pm Primo Sat which gets an overwhelming response and others that do run but without great number.

Hopefully there will be a load of sats which will be introduced in a trial and error basis, the most popular ones would be here to stay, those that don't run or barely run may be scrapped as and when Sky feel the need. Players have asked for better tournaments - sky are accomodating, players have asked for the Tournament lobby to be de-cluttered - sky are obviously accomodating by cutting sats that don't run out of the lobby.

I am sure everyone will be happy once the new schedule is run and things may become more transparant with matters such as sats. :)

• edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Changes (1) - The Nightly 8pm Main Event : Quite a few sats don't run due to lack of numbers,most recently the DS Q/F and S/F, the Monday £22 DS sats, Sunday £55 DS sats, the normal BH sats, there are some £22 BH sats which are on that don't run etc etc etc. Ofc there are some very popular sats such as the Sunday 5pm Primo Sat which gets an overwhelming response and others that do run but without great number. Hopefully there will be a load of sats which will be introduced in a trial and error basis, the most popular ones would be here to stay, those that don't run or barely run may be scrapped as and when Sky feel the need. Players have asked for better tournaments - sky are accomodating, players have asked for the Tournament lobby to be de-cluttered - sky are obviously accomodating by cutting sats that don't run out of the lobby. I am sure everyone will be happy once the new schedule is run and things may become more transparant with matters such as sats. :)
    Posted by dylan12
    Most of the sats are on pre 6pm so im not surprised they are short, there must be loads of players comming in from work, having a shower, getting fed etc and its past 6pm when they finally sit down to relax! that's why its great they are going to run them at 'premium times' for the next day now, i've a feeling they will be more popular. To be honest i would not pay £22 for these tourneys, its well over my 1 game entry limit and i have over £500 in my BR so if i dont go direct there must be loads of others as well but i do occasionally have a go at satelliting in so if its say £4.40 1 in 5 i may have a stab and maybe if they had 1 place guaranteed they would get more entrants?
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Changes (1) - The Nightly 8pm Main Event : Most of the sats are on pre 6pm so im not surprised they are short, there must be loads of players comming in from work, having a shower, getting fed etc and its past 6pm when they finally sit down to relax! that's why its great they are going to run them at 'premium times' for the next day now, i've a feeling they will be more popular. To be honest i would not pay £22 for these tourneys, its well over my 1 game entry limit and i have over £500 in my BR so if i dont go direct there must be loads of others as well but i do occasionally have a go at satelliting in so if its say £4.40 1 in 5 i may have a stab and maybe if they had 1 place guaranteed they would get more entrants?
    Posted by loonytoons
    What he said. Except for the having over £500 in my BR bit.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Changes (1) - The Nightly 8pm Main Event : Most of the sats are on pre 6pm so im not surprised they are short, there must be loads of players comming in from work, having a shower, getting fed etc and its past 6pm when they finally sit down to relax! that's why its great they are going to run them at 'premium times' for the next day now, i've a feeling they will be more popular. To be honest i would not pay £22 for these tourneys, its well over my 1 game entry limit and i have over £500 in my BR so if i dont go direct there must be loads of others as well but i do occasionally have a go at satelliting in so if its say £4.40 1 in 5 i may have a stab and maybe if they had 1 place guaranteed they would get more entrants?
    Posted by loonytoons
    +1

My point exactly, sky have seen that they did not run and have changed it and I expect they will change things again when ever needed (the highlighted bit you done onmy post was just an example to Debs and was nothing to do with reasonings behind them of why these sats did not run etc).