You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Priced out

2»

Comments

• edited November 2010
    spot on deuces, personally it is out of my bankroll but will be better standard and you can always satelite in
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Priced out:
    In Response to Re: Priced out : I take that as me then. Why? Because you say you can't afford the 8pm tourney. If you can't satellite into the 8pm then there is an awesome deep stack on at 8.15pm along with other cheaper BI tournaments. Sky cater for all levels and they have introduced this new structure which will attract even more players to the site once the downloadable gets going. You mention the better bankrolled players, if they were starting out now, they would not be playing the 8pm and instead would be grinding out a BR as is very sensible and these poker player would then aspire to play the 8pm. If the satellites are also out of reach then play some DYM's etc as Scotty mentioned earlier in the thread to pay for them. Sky have given access to everyone to enter these 8pm tournaments with Q/F sats and Semi sats, all it means is a little bit of extra work, but if that is what it takes then so be it - Sky are not restricting anyone from playing this event. 
    Posted by dylan12
    So i USED to be able to buy-in direct but now its a BIT ott for my bankroll.So i need to WORK HARDER to be able to achieve a better bankroll? You really are taking the pee yeah? Then again i notice you stick up for sky on almost every thread so tbh i expected nothing else from you,gl xxx
  • edited November 2010
    I can't afford these entries either but I reglularly go in the BH satelites for £1.60 and sometimes get thro' ( lol ) but unless I am mistook , these are all daytime tourneys - no good for people who work daytimes o maybe the answer is more of these in the evening. Another well known site I use has a ticket system where the sat gives you a ticket to choose when you play the next level ather than ualifying for a partiular semi/tourney. This system with wider spread sats might be the answer.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Priced out : So i USED to be able to buy-in direct but now its a BIT ott for my bankroll.So i need to WORK HARDER to be able to achieve a better bankroll? You really are taking the pee yeah? Then again i notice you stick up for sky on almost every thread so tbh i expected nothing else from you,gl xxx
    Posted by debdobs_67
    As you say you USED to be able to yeah, so you can't now, np, why not try and satellite in or is that above you? Your not being excluded from playing are you so either get grinding to play or satellite in, not rocket science really tbh. 

As for defending Sky, I will defend them if they have done something constructive and will give constructive criticism whenever I do not agree with them - note constructive criticism not just pure criticism. 
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re:   As for defending Sky, I will defend them if they have done something constructive and will give constructive criticism whenever I do not agree with them - note constructive criticism not just pure criticism. 
    Posted by dylan12
    At the moment it seems Sky are doing something constuctive for a minority of its users.
    I say at the moment because hopefully they will also implement something for the not so well bankrolled in the very near future.
    I certainly hope so anyway.
  • edited November 2010
    hmmmm i agree and disagree with the changes. Lets be honest, the changes were never going to please anyone, that was inevitable and personally the £55 primo is on the limit of my bankroll yet im not unhappy with the changes. But i think everyone is being hasty in complaining, sky are good at listening to its customers, put your point across and im sure they will listen, obviously something needs to be changed again, i can see where you are coming from debdobs:)

But Doing this will only continue to improve the quality of players on sky. Yes, players with a smaller BR are no able to buy in, but every single sattellie is accessible so why not try those? This is a challenge, personally i am pleased theyre harder to get in, i wanr to improve my game and this is one way it will improve. Why is a challenge such a bad thing, i dont wanna get into these tournies easily i want too easily i want to earn my place!

I can see why people are complaining but there is plenty out there for the smaller BR playyers! Play the 2.20@ 2.20 deepie, the field is quality and your game will improve. Look into the TOTTY's and now the orford multiballs. There are accessible tournies every 5 mins for these players, but i guess thee dont compare to the biggies at 8! But if the guarantee was raised on the tsp, this would attract more players, and create a large prize pool and maybe create the thrill that the former tournies at 8 did!

There is no real right or wrong answer to this question, but i think it was inevitable that sky would raise the prices, theyre just moving with the times...
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Priced out : At the moment it seems Sky are doing something constuctive for a minority of its users. I say at the moment because hopefully they will also implement something for the not so well bankrolled in the very near future. I certainly hope so anyway.
    Posted by steveskin1
    Hopefully there will be more mtt's in early evening but as for implementing mtt's for those without much of a BR - I can only point to the TOT that are run most nights with a solid following. Richard Orford has a new competition that suits all pockets, James Hartigan ran a similar competition therefore Sky are trying to cater for the needs of many imo. I do hope along with you that more will be implemented so that there is even more choice for all BR's but I can't see where sky are only providing for a minority of the players. 
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Priced out : Hopefully there will be more mtt's in early evening but as for implementing mtt's for those without much of a BR - I can only point to the TOT that are run most nights with a solid following. Richard Orford has a new competition that suits all pockets, James Hartigan ran a similar competition therefore Sky are trying to cater for the needs of many imo. I do hope along with you that more will be implemented so that there is even more choice for all BR's but I can't see where sky are only providing for a minority of the players. 
    Posted by dylan12
    I started this thread to see how many others agreed that the increase has become above their bankroll.

Dylan, i know there are other opportunities for the "rest of us" my point was i could buy in for £11, £22 and sometimes for £33 but tried, time given, to satelite. The prize money was great and with the larger field even the likes of myself could cash every now and then and even final table for some bigger return BUT,,,, now to satelite in for £11 is beyond me. That is my point!! The majority of players on here will no longer be able to afford a straight buy in and because of the increase they cannot afford the buy in of the sat's. That to me is catering for the MINORITY (for the big mtt's)

If however, as mentioned, there was a decent guarantee at a reasonable buy in and attracted the same sort of fields as the "biggies at 8pm" i wouldnt be so upset at missing out.

Maybe an 8.30 £11 buy in £3k guarantee would be possible? I would hope the suits are listening to those who are taking the time to put their point accross and although accepting your view also, not think they are doing the right thing.

I suppose the question some should be asking is, is this a time schedule thing? Have they done this to reduce the field and so can finish the tv schedule at 12 instead of seeing the final table another evening?
    Anyway, good luck to all those who can afford to sat' in and buy in, but i doubt if i will be seeing you at the tables again.
    :(
  • ybyb
    edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Priced out : So i USED to be able to buy-in direct but now its a BIT ott for my bankroll.So i need to WORK HARDER to be able to achieve a better bankroll? You really are taking the pee yeah? Then again i notice you stick up for sky on almost every thread so tbh i expected nothing else from you,gl xxx
    Posted by debdobs_67
    Whats so bad about being told to put some work into your game? I do that all the time. How else do you expect your bankroll to rise without endlessly depositing?
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Priced out : Dylan has got it spot on there. You wouldn't go to a car show room and see a Porshue 911 and say why can't I have 1 of those? I want to have 1 there fore you need to make it in my price range
    Posted by FlashFlush
    yesterday i could of got the porsche, today i cant.  I think that is the problem some people have got!
  • edited November 2010
    iv only ever played in the primo once and that was free entry lol. I do like the thursdays BH. But you can still enter it for only £1.60 if you put ur head to it and try your best, In affect its only gone up 60p £1 to £1.60, if you can sattilite in then dont play the main event, like others have said, Just gotta try harder now.