You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

how can you beat that?

2»

Comments

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: how can you beat that?:
     If you want to win almost every time you sit down to play - learn to play cash.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Now that bit is interesting and good rant material.
    Because let's face facts. EVERY SINGLE TIME anyone wins a tourney they say , " well you need a BIT of luck and to win your flips but if you are aggressive"   YEAH YEAH YEAH. They sucked-out and were out-played loads.
    Personally i'd prefer it if everyone went all in every hand 5 times cos it'd be the same result with the same quote but save a lot of time. It's a destiny machine, bit like fruit.
    If these guys can really understand the game that well then i'd figure they'd be grinding their ' MASSIVE INSIGHT ' poker skills regularly into the fish 24/7 on the cash like they were before they got SPONSORED. Let's face it there'd be no time for tourneys in their itinerary cos it'd be a waste of their time playing them when they KNOW they have a massive edge anyway at cash. This is exactly like the chicken and egg mindless quandary. E.G (G) what egg ever laid itself ? Durrrrrr. Doesn't work !
    Reality FTW ? Think what you like this dohhhh guys logic here is impeccable irrespective of mindless preference as to game style.
    Yeah tourneys maybe fun, lucrative sometimes, whatever, but they don't produce the best player. Just best player for that limited period when they ran hot whilst being lucky.
    Cash has no such distinctions. Just you, long-term skill and your mortality (i.e time) at the stakes you play. Right ?
  • edited November 2010
    day 3 and the aa vs kk turning into quad kings and runner runner miracles and the raping of me continue. **** this ******** site. thanks to dohhhh, gun, pil etc appreciate the posts but im done with this **** for good. gl all
  • edited November 2010
    day 3 and the aa vs kk turning into quad kings and runner runner miracles and the raping of me continue. **** this ******** site. thanks to dohhhh, gun, pil etc appreciate the posts but im done with this **** for good. gl all
    Posted by lordbobby
    Come on Lordbobby it's not 'the site', statistically your 80%er (pre-flop) will sometimes lose. It doesn't matter that they hit Quads - a set would have done. And R-Rers happen. You have to be able to accept these things or else this game is not one for you. Chillll & stick around :)

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: how can you beat that? : Come on Lordbobby it's not 'the site', statistically your 80%er (pre-flop) will sometimes lose. It doesn't matter that they hit Quads - a set would have done. And R-Rers happen. You have to be able to accept these things or else this game is not one for you. Chillll & stick around :)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Shall I re-send you the PM u sent me last week? looooooooooool

Why is it so hard to bite your tongue when reading posts from these guys? I guess I need to keep re-assuring myself after the sh!te I've had lately. 
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: how can you beat that? : Come on Lordbobby it's not 'the site', statistically your 80%er (pre-flop) will sometimes lose. It doesn't matter that they hit Quads - a set would have done. And R-Rers happen. You have to be able to accept these things or else this game is not one for you. Chillll & stick around :)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    ok and i'm asking this question cos im not a maths guy so dont know the answer. whats the odds on it happening 9/10 3 days solid?
  • edited November 2010
    ul lordbobby mate if you are actually going all the best mate and been a pleasure

if you do feel like having a go on here again i look forward to it

GOOD LUCK MATE
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: how can you beat that? : ok and i'm asking this question cos im not a maths guy so dont know the answer. whats the odds on it happening 9/10 3 days solid?
    Posted by lordbobby
    I think the best idea is to post up all the hands (perhaps in the Clinic?) for people to look at and discuss.

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: how can you beat that? : I think the best idea is to post up all the hands (perhaps in the Clinic?) for people to look at and discuss.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    dont know how to do that, not computer savvy tbh.
     but thats whats happening and im finished with the whole thing.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: how can you beat that? : Shall I re-send you the PM u sent me last week? looooooooooool Why is it so hard to bite your tongue when reading posts from these guys? I guess I need to keep re-assuring myself after the sh!te I've had lately. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Hahaha! You just make sure you don't miss Poker Million tonight & fingers crossed Gus will kick ass again :-D lol

PS, new tourney on CH5 tomorrow night - World Open VI