You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

the forum - my 2p worth

edited March 2011 in Poker Chat
Im not genrally a moaner or one who goes looking for confrontation but recently ive found myself getting constantly irratated by the way the forum is being policed.
when i first started posting you could say pretty much what you like (within reason obviously) and anyone nearing or over the line was given a gentle reminder by the alway jovial,polite and helpful skyrich or a few words or grandfartherly advise from tikay. then most situations were resolved with a quick appology we were all friends again and got on with having a chat and a laugh.
but now i feel we are being policed by a bunch of faceless jobsworths who sit with the rules and regulations constantly open imediatly deleting posts and handing out bans like confetti without ever coming into the forum to do anything else appart from plugging whatever wonderful new tut sky vegas or bingo have for us to moronicly fritter our hard earned on.
come on mods I agree we cant sell stuff or advertise on the forum but if we want to point out that a horse is a better price with xyz or theres a free competition on this website surely a bit of common sense can be applied.

of all the thing that skypoker gets wrong please dont kill the one thing that all users agree you have always done really well

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Excellent post Badboy, i'm in total agreement, the forum used to be a real laugh, but with the success and the growth there are bound to be problems. Sky Rich does a fantastic job, but the forum outgrew itself and it would seem that his colleagues are more jobsworth than he.
  • edited November 2010

all that for 2p is a absolute bargain!

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: the forum - my 2p worth:
    Excellent post Badboy, i'm in total agreement, the forum used to be a real laugh, but with the success and the growth there are bound to be problems. Sky Rich does a fantastic job, but the forum outgrew itself and it would seem that his colleagues are more jobsworth than he.
    Posted by labrat64
    +1
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to the forum - my 2p worth:
    Im not genrally a moaner or one who goes looking for confrontation but recently ive found myself getting constantly irratated by the way the forum is being policed. when i first started posting you could say pretty much what you like (within reason obviously) and anyone nearing or over the line was given a gentle reminder by the alway jovial,polite and helpful skyrich or a few words or grandfartherly advise from tikay. then most situations were resolved with a quick appology we were all friends again and got on with having a chat and a laugh. but now i feel we are being policed by a bunch of faceless jobsworths who sit with the rules and regulations constantly open imediatly deleting posts and handing out bans like confetti without ever coming into the forum to do anything else appart from plugging whatever wonderful new tut sky vegas or bingo have for us to moronicly fritter our hard earned on. come on mods I agree we cant sell stuff or advertise on the forum but if we want to point out that a horse is a better price with xyz or theres a free competition on this website surely a bit of common sense can be applied. of all the thing that skypoker gets wrong please dont kill the one thing that all users agree you have always done really well
    Posted by BADBOY985
    MODS BAN THIS MAN PLEASE, HE IS GIVING AN OPINION!:):)

NO OPINIONS ALLOWED ON THIS FORUM, IMO:)

• edited November 2010
    In Response to the forum - my 2p worth : MODS BAN THIS MAN PLEASE, HE IS GIVING AN OPINION!:):) NO OPINIONS ALLOWED ON THIS FORUM, IMO:)
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    ahahahahaha

what a hoot!
  • edited November 2010
    You have to be over 18 to have an account on here, therefor we are all adults. We have all heard all the swear words, unless your Mr_Miyagi and live in a hole in the ground
  • edited November 2010
    Go on any moderated forum and there's always someone moaning about how it's run. You just can't please everyone.

• edited November 2010
    Go on any moderated forum and there's always someone moaning about how it's run. You just can't please everyone.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    You are a wise man. Not only can you not please everyone, additionally there is always a minority that spoils it for everyone else. Rude folks and wums in the main.
    Ahhh the endless clinches surrounding the ever-predictable, politics of consensus. I wonder where all this will end eh ?
    Interestingly enough this a site (albeit amongst many)  that exists solely as a forum to enable gamblers to exploit each others  naivety whilst simultaneously generating a steady stream of revenue for  the pleasure of providing that function. Then it emerges that part of it's duties are to control/ moderate  the views that are subsequently generated in this crucible of greed inhabited entirely by so-called adults.
    What a philosophical pickle this is ! I certainly don't envy the moderators thankless task !
    I'm off to my W.I meeting now. Gl to all the riders on this futile carousel of morality !
    The views of a kindly intellectual would be much welcome here. Where's that lovely Mr.Hartigan when you need him ?
  • edited November 2010
    Hey

Please be aware that each Mod account is covered by more than 1 Mod, and each Mod have thier own style of Moderating, but please also remember that, to use the forum, you must abide by the rules, we are aware that there are users who find swearing/racism very offensive and we will take action where ever needed, and yes it is a lonesome and certainly not easy job Moderating :)

Many thanks

Sky Mod
  • edited November 2010
    Hey Please be aware that each Mod account is covered by more than 1 Mod, and each Mod have thier own style of Moderating, but please also remember that, to use the forum, you must abide by the rules, we are aware that there are users who find swearing/racism very offensive and we will take action where ever needed, and yes it is a lonesome job Moderating :) Many thanks Sky Mod
    Posted by Sky_Mod4
    THANK YOU SKYMOD4

I REST MY CASE
  • ckdckd
    edited November 2010
    how about a ANYTHING GOES section

that way if people want to post there they can and people who dont want to see it doesent have to go there

that way every1 is happy

just a thought
  • edited November 2010
    how about a ANYTHING GOES section that way if people want to post there they can and people who dont want to see it doesent have to go there that way every1 is happy just a thought
    Posted by ckd
    Are you a monk ? Or an assassin ? Perhaps both ? Anyway i have to say love the avatar !
  • edited November 2010
    how about a ANYTHING GOES section that way if people want to post there they can and people who dont want to see it doesent have to go there that way every1 is happy just a thought
    Posted by ckd
    that would be the lamest most immature and pathetic thing anyone ever saw, and wouldn't be good for Sky Pokers image at all.
  • edited November 2010
    Hi Guys,

I'm sorry to see some of the negative posts directed at the way forum has been moderated recently. We try our utmost to be fair in all situations and deal with posts/threads for the good of the community.

One thing i'd like you all to consider is that sometimes things aren't always as clear cut as they appear. When posts are deleted/closed etc, the reasons and background info are not always public knowledge.
    Obviously we're under strict guidelines not disclose personal account information and we really do appreciate everyone's patience but/and hope your not too judgemental when all the facts might not be known.

Thanks guys.

Rich
  • edited November 2010
    And thanks for the post by Sky Mod 4 too (who does tireless work hard for the good of the community - for not all that much credit).
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: the forum - my 2p worth : THANK YOU SKYMOD4 I REST MY CASE
    Posted by BADBOY985
     To be fair I feel Sky Mod4 as always been reasonable but I do fear when another  Mod sees this thread it will cease to exist! Some people like Sky Mod4 try to moderate with reason but unfortunatly others will use censorship.
  • edited November 2010
    And thanks for the post by Sky Mod 4 too (who does tireless work hard for the good of the community - for not all that much credit).
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Well said. We live in a democracy which means that all views that exist in the spirit of honesty, for the common good, should be both respected and respectful.
  • edited November 2010
    Hi Guys, I'm sorry to see some of the negative posts directed at the way forum has been moderated recently. We try our utmost to be fair in all situations and deal with posts/threads for the good of the community. One thing i'd like you all to consider is that sometimes things aren't always as clear cut as they appear. When posts are deleted/closed etc, the reasons and background info are not always public knowledge. Obviously we're under strict guidelines not disclose personal account information and we really do appreciate everyone's patience but/and hope your not too judgemental when all the facts might not be known. Thanks guys. Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi Guys and I hope you are all keeping well

I know I said I wouldn`t post here again, but I am sick of this bias.

Sky Rich and Co, Take a look at the posts and threads that YOU decide to keep. Then ask yourself this: Why do we Mods keep some of the posts that we do that should indeed be deleted and get rid of those  posts that are ok and should remain.?
    You do not do it for the good of the community, you do it for the good of the hierachy-period
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: the forum - my 2p worth : Hi Guys and I hope you are all keeping well I know I said I wouldn`t post here again, but I am sick of this bias. Sky Rich and Co, Take a look at the posts and threads that YOU decide to keep. Then ask yourself this: Why do we Mods keep some of the posts that we do that should indeed be deleted and get rid of those  posts that are ok and should remain.? You do not do it for the good of the community, you do it for the good of the hiarachy-period
    Posted by candi

+ a big 1

Hi candi btw.....hope you r ok xx
  • edited November 2010
    Hi Guys, I'm sorry to see some of the negative posts directed at the way forum has been moderated recently. We try our utmost to be fair in all situations and deal with posts/threads for the good of the community. One thing i'd like you all to consider is that sometimes things aren't always as clear cut as they appear. When posts are deleted/closed etc, the reasons and background info are not always public knowledge. Obviously we're under strict guidelines not disclose personal account information and we really do appreciate everyone's patience but/and hope your not too judgemental when all the facts might not be known. Thanks guys. Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    thanks for the reply rich perhaps you could sit down with the suits and politly sugest that if there were a few less rules it would make your lives a lot easier and the forumies a little happier.
    here are my ideas

NOT ALLOWED

SWEARING
    BULLYING/THREATS
    RASCISM
    BUYING/SELLING LINKS TO OTHER  WEBSITES (EXCEPT POSSIBLY YOU TUBE)

ALLOWED

THE REST
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: the forum - my 2p worth : Hi Guys and I hope you are all keeping well I know I said I wouldn`t post here again, but I am sick of this bias. Sky Rich and Co, Take a look at the posts and threads that YOU decide to keep. Then ask yourself this: Why do we Mods keep some of the posts that we do that should indeed be deleted and get rid of those  posts that are ok and should remain.? You do not do it for the good of the community, you do it for the good of the hierachy-period
    Posted by candi
    This is unmitigated anarchy ! Are you one of those fiendish students i saw on the news last night ? Assaulting the very foundations of decency that the mods have to uphold ? Shame on you. This was such a constructive thread in theory. It offered us all the opportunity of philosophical enlightenment. Oh where is that lovely Mr.Hartigan when you need him ? Squandering that valuable insight he has in Las Vegas i'll be bound ! Such a wastrel. What a pity :(
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: the forum - my 2p worth : Hi Guys and I hope you are all keeping well I know I said I wouldn`t post here again, but I am sick of this bias. Sky Rich and Co, Take a look at the posts and threads that YOU decide to keep. Then ask yourself this: Why do we Mods keep some of the posts that we do that should indeed be deleted and get rid of those  posts that are ok and should remain.? You do not do it for the good of the community, you do it for the good of the hierachy-period
    Posted by candi
    Hi Candy

I am really sorry you feel this way, I promise you, I for one love this forum, but, as I said it is a hard job, and us mods are human, we make mistakes, the decisions we make we feel are the best for the forum.

Welcome back btw.

Sky Mod
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: the forum - my 2p worth : So your Mumbo Jumbo is OK and Candi a respected member of the Forum who has made a perfectly good observation on this topic is not.   What!!!  How dare you liken her to that rabble.  Welcome back Candi don't let shelski comments keep you away. Hugs Annie x
    Posted by logdon
    Thanks Annie. Hope you are keeping well. xx

Shelski, if you are to make a comment on my post then please read it accurately.

``.....Take a look at the posts and threads that YOU decide to keep. Then ask yourself this: Why do we Mods keep some of the posts that we do that should indeed be deleted and get rid of those  posts that are ok and should remain.?

This
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: the forum - my 2p worth : Hi Candy I am really sorry you feel this way, I promise you, I for one love this forum, but, as I said it is a hard job, and us mods are human, we make mistakes, the decisions we make we feel are the best for the forum. Welcome back btw. Sky Mod
    Posted by Sky_Mod4
    Thankyou for your reply Sky Mod4.
    You are not the only one. who loved* this forum.  I understand it may indeed be a hard job for you but its becoming extremely frustrating seeing the biases of what is deleted/closed in comparison with what is `allowed` to remain on the forum pages.
    I for one accept that swearing, racism etc is not acceptable, but posts/threads being deleted and closed that are merely reflecting people just having their say is not fair.
    This is a  community forum-right?
  • edited November 2010
    Hi Candi--- I'm not sure exactly what went down to make you stop posting, but I would like to say that your input is much missed here, and that I hope you buckle under pressure and return to posting as much as you like
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: the forum - my 2p worth : Hi Candy I am really sorry you feel this way, I promise you, I for one love this forum, but, as I said it is a hard job, and us mods are human, we make mistakes, the decisions we make we feel are the best for the forum. Welcome back btw. Sky Mod
    Posted by Sky_Mod4
    HI SKY MOD ,

TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE

IRISHROVERS THREAD , GIVING US A CHANCE TO SAY BYE TO CANDI WAS REMOVED
    LOGDONS THREAD ABOUT  MISSING PERSONS WAS REMOVED
    ELSADOGS THREAD , ASKING WHY THE MISSING PERSONS THREAD  GOT DELETED,WAS REMOVED
    TO THE BEST OF MY MEMORY , THERE WAS NO ABUSE/RACISM ETC. IN ANY OF THEM.
    THIS LOOKED LIKE CENSORSHIP TO ME AND LEFT ME WITH A REALLY BAD FEELING.
    IM NOT HAVING A POP AT YOU , JUST SHARING MY THOUGHTS.
  • edited November 2010
    Sky's forum, Sky's rules. 

Some people have a view of me that I am a 'trouble maker' yet I have only had one warning in the year or so I've been posting.

It's not hard to keep within the rules, just use your brain people and I'm sure you'll be fine.

And the mods have a very, very hard job trying to keep everyone happy;  a job that they do extremely well.
  • edited November 2010
    Look on most peoples friends list and the first name (the one at the bottom) you will see is Candi.

She is/was always the first to welcome new poster's to the forum. She never, as far as I know, put a foot out of place and would be a credit to any forum.

Come back Candi, the idiots soon get bored and either leave or shoot themselves in the foot.

Sometimes the moderators do get it wrong but it has all been well explained by Rich and Skymod4. Time to rise above it all and start posting again Candi.

As far as the forum is concerned, I think it gets tired occasionally, and it's the mixture of new posters and the wit of the regulars that sees it through these periods. We have a unique formula on this forum, with it being based around a complex subject, with experts on hand most of the time, some seriously funny people, and an old sage and his apprentices to keep everyone in order.

Like everything in life, it's not perfect, but it's the best forum by miles.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: the forum - my 2p worth : HI SKY MOD , TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE IRISHROVERS THREAD , GIVING US A CHANCE TO SAY BYE TO CANDI WAS REMOVED LOGDONS THREAD ABOUT  MISSING PERSONS WAS REMOVED ELSADOGS THREAD , ASKING WHY THE MISSING PERSONS THREAD  GOT DELETED,WAS REMOVED TO THE BEST OF MY MEMORY , THERE WAS NO ABUSE/RACISM ETC. IN ANY OF THEM. THIS LOOKED LIKE CENSORSHIP TO ME AND LEFT ME WITH A REALLY BAD FEELING. IM NOT HAVING A POP AT YOU , JUST SHARING MY THOUGHTS.
    Posted by PILLOWMAN
    Absolutely, completely, 100% spot on.
  • edited November 2010
    Sky's forum, Sky's rules.  Some people have a view of me that I am a 'trouble maker' yet I have only had one warning in the year or so I've been posting. It's not hard to keep within the rules, just use your brain people and I'm sure you'll be fine. And the mods have a very, very hard job trying to keep everyone happy;  a job that they do extremely well.
    Posted by scotty77
    OK WHAT TROUBLE HAVE YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO NOW ???