You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

definition of slow-rolling?

2»

Comments

• edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: definition of slow-rolling?:
    In the case I cited, when OyNutter had AK, there was no "psychological advantage" to be gained, nor "wind-up" Value, because.....  The Player with A-A outchipped the Player with A-K, & thus it was exit time for A-K man. I fail to see why one would wish to wind up a player who's just been bust, or gain psychological advantage over a player who is no longer in the game. To deliberately humiliate a Busted Player can only be the act of someone who has issues. It's traitional in all games, even the most physically brutal, such as Boxing or Rugby Union, to shake hands & say "welll done, enjoyed that" once it's over. In poker, tradition is usually "gg," or somesuch.   In the case quoted, the Slow-Roller qained no psychological advantage at all - quite the opposite. He lost the respect of his fellow Players. 
    Posted by Tikay10
    And respect, unlike entry fees / winnings at poker is priceless.
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: definition of slow-rolling?:
    In Response to Re: definition of slow-rolling? : And respect, unlike entry fees / winnings at poker is priceless.
    Posted by Grimstar30
    This.

Bottom line is if you wish to lose friends and gain enemy's at a poker table then slowroll away.

Also the phychological line taken my some is nonsense also as slowrolling is likely to lead to a quicker demise as people will be irrate therefore more likely to gun for you.

Sit quietly,chat nicely,make friends and win money SIMPLES.
  • edited September 2009
    Hi,

I was the victim of a suspected slowroll last night in the 22 deepie. Someone spent a lifetime calling with the nuts on the turn! There was no explanation or apology, and there was also other general chat that wasnt pleasent from this player. However, i think i managed to patch things up and move on, and i hope that this player joins us again in the 22 deepie and learns from this experience. I have every faith they will cos we were having a good chat at the end.

Greg.
  • edited September 2009
    i completely fail to see how slowrolling a player in this or almost any situation can help to gain any kind of advantage-- psychcological or otherwise---in the case where tikay was slowrolled (a few days ago)-- the offender was busy writing "ul-lol" in the chat box!!--and that was his excuse for the slow call?
    imo there can be no advantage gained by announcing to the whole table that you are stupid enough to think this kind of play is funny!!