You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Unsporting or Tactical??

edited November 2010 in Poker Chat

its a big no no i think

the fact that you said to do it and every1 agreed is collustion and is not allowed anytime

if you were all to do it without saying then yes to me its fine, as the aim is to get the seat

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Hi, Id just like to get some opinions off the community and the members of Team Sky..

I was involved in the £15K Bounty Hunter qualifier yest at 5pm, there were 130 odd Runners to start with and 26 to qualify..It got to the point where there were 35 left in and i was on a table where Each Player had over 10,000 chips. Everybody agreed on the table that we all fold and give each other the blinds to keep us in until the 26 were left to qualify!..It worked and we all qualified!!...But i couldnt help but think after is that fair to the other players and more to the point does anybody else do that at all?

Just wondered how others felt about this whether its within the rules or people might think its Unsporting and out of order?
  • edited November 2010
    erm its not just unsporting , it is completely against the rules, it is called collusion and you can get banned from the site for it.
  • edited November 2010
    In the late stages of Sats most players will play much tighter and a lot will use the time bar to their advantage, but the whole table agreeing to folding blinds to each other in the chat box is more than that unsporting, its cheating. 
  • edited November 2010
    Well on them early replys i wont do that again at all..I didnt know that was against the rules of the site but did kinda feel that it wasnt right...hence the question on the forum!
  • edited November 2010
    I'd delete the post and hope the suits haven't seen it.
  • edited November 2010
    just blame emilyegg ;0)
  • edited November 2010
    its common sense.  you all had over 10k chips which is the level you should aim for when in sats.

i cant see an issue with this.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Unsporting or Tactical??:
    its common sense.  you all had over 10k chips which is the level you should aim for when in sats. i cant see an issue with this.
    Posted by scotty77
    You don't have an issue with collusion???
  • edited November 2010
    ITS CHEATIG FULL STOP
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Unsporting or Tactical?? : You don't have an issue with collusion???
    Posted by MereNovice
    they all got over 10k chips.  thats the aim of sats.

if 5 had 10k chips and 1 hand 1bb and they all folded/let him nick some blinds then theres an issue.

but the aim of sats is to get to a level where you are comfortable to get a seat.  all of those at the table did just that.
  • edited November 2010
    Personally i think it was a good idea to do this, but without discussing it between yourselves.

Unfortunately by posting this you've probably made a rod for your own back, because this is clearly collusion. If you had asked the question in a hypothetical tense, ie; " IF a table were to do this". Instead of, "our table did this", then you wouldn't have set yourself up for any fallout.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Unsporting or Tactical?? : they all got over 10k chips.  thats the aim of sats. if 5 had 10k chips and 1 hand 1bb and they all folded/let him nick some blinds then theres an issue. but the aim of sats is to get to a level where you are comfortable to get a seat.  all of those at the table did just that.
    Posted by scotty77

The OP stated that they "agreed" to do it.
    That is as clear a definition of collusion as you are likely to get.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Unsporting or Tactical?? : The OP stated that they "agreed" to do it. That is as clear a definition of collusion as you are likely to get.
    Posted by MereNovice
    much in the same way as you are a clear definition of a total knob.
  • edited November 2010
    its common sense.  you all had over 10k chips which is the level you should aim for when in sats. i cant see an issue with this.
    Posted by scotty77
    Tell me you're joking Scotty??

Nobody's denying it's common sense and had each player elected to do it sliently then yes, it's sensible, but when there's a dialogue in the chat box and everyone actively agrees it's another matter.

When you get 4-handed in a DYM with one player extremely short, then all players, barring the occasional blockhead knows not to clash with the non small-stack even with Aces, but it doesn't make it right to type:

"No we will all fold until shorty gets eliminated, OK"

into the chatbox

That's the issue, and if you think that that's acceptable, then quite frankly I'm stunned!
  • edited November 2010
    Just hope the person that went out on the bubble doesn't see this thread, don't suppose he/she would be too happy.
  • edited November 2010
    I've seen it done a few times myself mate, no words in the chat box, but after a couple of rounds of folding to the BB, eveyone seems to get the message.  Not saying i condone it, but it does happen.
  • edited November 2010
    I've seen it done a few times myself mate, no words in the chat box, but after a couple of rounds of folding to the BB, eveyone seems to get the message.  Not saying i condone it, but it does happen.
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    Yes, but it's the communicating in the chatbox which is THE issue.

If people get the message without it being communicated there is no issue, but when people verbally agree to fold it's collusion.

You can guarantee that someone would have taken longer to catch on without being told, so they have gained an unfair advantage and it's quite simply CHEATING.

Players often check-down a pot with an all-in player - but if you type "Let's check it down to knock him out" it's collusion.
  • edited November 2010
    Tut tut tut, 
    Applaud you for your conscience, but its a defo NO NO for me sorry
  • edited November 2010
    Well on them early replys i wont do that again at all ..I didnt know that was against the rules of the site but did kinda feel that it wasnt right...hence the question on the forum!
    Posted by diggsdream
    As an aside - it's any site or any live venue - some places might police it more than others, but it's always against the rules, everywhere.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Unsporting or Tactical?? : Yes, but it's the communicating in the chatbox which is THE issue. If people get the message without it being communicated there is no issue, but when people verbally agree to fold it's collusion. You can guarantee that someone would have taken longer to catch on without being told, so they have gained an unfair advantage and it's quite simply CHEATING. Players often check-down a pot with an all-in player - but if you type "Let's check it down to knock him out" it's collusion.
    Posted by darich
    I agree mate if 2 people reach the same conclusion independetly, without communication then it's not collusion.  They have both independently assesed the actions required for them to either progress or cash.
  • edited November 2010
    Does the same apply in a DYM 4 handed vs an away player? - If in chat box is it collusion? - is it their own fault for being away?
  • edited November 2010
    Does the same apply in a DYM 4 handed vs an away player? - If in chat box is it collusion? - is it their own fault for being away?
    Posted by Ploppy33
    I have no sympathy for "away" players in scenarios like this. Got to be ruthless and I speed up to take their blinds, but again, you shouldn't communicate anything to the other players. Everyone needs to draw their own conclusions independently. If they are in the SB and fail to realise the BB is away and keep folding to them, then yes, it's irritating, but it should not be pointed out imo
  • edited November 2010
    Posted by scotty77
    totally wrong,and its collusion!

all six accounts should be closed down imo

how would you like it if 3 or 4 players colluded against you in a cash game?
  • edited November 2010
    Posted by Ploppy33
    Hi Ploppy

The simple answer is, yes im afraid
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Unsporting or Tactical?? : they all got over 10k chips.  thats the aim of sats. if 5 had 10k chips and 1 hand 1bb and they all folded/let him nick some blinds then theres an issue. but the aim of sats is to get to a level where you are comfortable to get a seat.  all of those at the table did just that.
    Posted by scotty77
    so what you are saying is.......they all have enough chips to qualify so its ok to collude so they all keep the 10k even tho the blinds may go up for 
    another 10 rounds or so?

i give you more credit for that but..............................
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Unsporting or Tactical?? : totally wrong,and its collusion! all six accounts should be closed down imo how would you like it if 3 or 4 players colluded against you in a cash game?
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    there are a couple of semi reg players on here who collude.

they do it in such a way that its so hilarious tho and i still destroy them.

bring it on.

also live players are notorius for this.  regs who never play a pot with each other and when they do its never above a few BB.

• edited November 2010

Fine to do it, wrong to talk about doing it.

Some people r really stupid though and wont realise what's going on - Just adapt accordingly.

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Unsporting or Tactical?? : so what you are saying is.......they all have enough chips to qualify so its ok to collude so they all keep the 10k even tho the blinds may go up for  another 10 rounds or so? i give you more credit for that but..............................
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    I'm saying that the aim of sats are to get above 10k.

They have done that.  Therefore they have earnt their place.

If there were 4 10k stacks and 2 1k stacks then there might be an issue.  But these players all 5x their starting stack.

But I can see why people have an issue with this.  I don't as when I play in sats I take it upon myself to guarantee my place and don't care what happens on other tables.

• edited November 2010
    I've no problem with everybody folding to stay in but the fact that it was discussed and agreed is collusion. If you all just fold thats one thing but the agreement is against the rules
  • edited November 2010
    Fine to do it, wrong to talk about doing it. Some people r really stupid though and wont realise what's going on - Just adapt accordingly.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    " Fine to do it ", I am one of those really stupid people!!!,and I will never adapt accordingly. 
    Kind regards