You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Unsporting or Tactical??

2»

Comments

• edited November 2010
    don't see any problem with it at all.

You do what you can to win, they can always say no if they arent up for it.

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Unsporting or Tactical??:
    In Response to Re: Unsporting or Tactical?? : I'm saying that the aim of sats are to get above 10k. They have done that.  Therefore they have earnt their place. If there were 4 10k stacks and 2 1k stacks then there might be an issue.  But these players all 5x their starting stack. But I can see why people have an issue with this.  I don't as when I play in sats I take it upon myself to guarantee my place and don't care what happens on other tables.
    Posted by scotty77
    The aim of a satellite isn't to get over 10k - the aim of the satellite is to win a seat.

Every individual should be making their own decisions, if they make decisions in conjunction with other players it's cheating. 

If each individual comes to the conclusion that if none of them compete with each other then they're all better off - that's just good game theory, but if they come to that conclusion after talking about it - that's working together and hence cheating.
  • edited November 2010

Buying in direct FTW :)
  • edited November 2010
    don't see any problem with it at all. You do what you can to win, they can always say no if they arent up for it.
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi

"You do what you can to win"

So in a live game you'd deal yourself aces off the bottom of the deck? or work out a signal with friends to tell each other when you're holding the nuts and when you're bluffing?
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Unsporting or Tactical?? : "You do what you can to win" So in a live game you'd deal yourself aces off the bottom of the deck? or work out a signal with friends to tell each other when you're holding the nuts and when you're bluffing?
    Posted by BelovedLtd
    if I could get away with it
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Unsporting or Tactical?? : This is the sort of over reaction to a situation on the tables that I have been campaigning against the last few weeks. Sky should have a word with the players concerned and remind them of the Rules not leap in and hit them with a Ban. The fact one of these players is here on the Forum asking is this allowed or unsporting means he was not sure and asked the question. Others on that table may have just  followed thinking it was OK.   Not everyone reads the rules before joining Sky Poker and my Ban was caused by not knowing you could not tell other players what cards you are holding. Just fun I thought but not allowed, so please Sky remind them that their act was indeed collusion and against the rules and not off with their heads and banish them for ever.!!   
    Posted by logdon
    Thats exactly why i asked because i wernt sure on how its portayed.I realise now by the majority that its not acceptable. I would hardly bring it to the site forum if i knew at the time it was so wrong! Like i say it didnt feel right thats why i asked the question!
  • edited November 2010
    I can not believe people think it's acceptable to make comments like this in a chatbox - it's as blatant a form of collusion as you could ever get.

There are certain unwritten principles in poker that are exactly that - unwritten.

Typing "let's all fold to make the seat" in the chatbox is totally out of order.

I'd like to read the thoughts of Tikay et al on this, as those thinking it's in order need to be enlightened imvho!
  • edited November 2010
    You have to ask the question - How did sky security not pick up on this? One table and everyone is folding pre flop on every hand, how long did this go on? There are a few questions for sky here.
  • edited November 2010
    i think this is disgusting to cheat  in a poker game . collusion in a game wear all players are ment to be playing
    for there own seat. not helpping otheres to get there seats ..these sats are surpossed to help all players get a chance to play in a bigger buy in torney.sats or not othere people have paid money to try win there seat.
    and to be cheated out of there money and the fair chance of winning a seat. all those people who were involved
    should have there account closed.      AND TO ALL OTHER PLAYERS THAT TRY TO CHEAT ON THIS SITE IF YOUR CAUGHT YOUR ACCOUNTS SHOULD BE CLOSED TO.
  • edited November 2010

good on you..

shabby for the whole table.  just imagine that happening everywhere.  i think the suits might want to act now to prevent more occurrences.  not a happy situation, imo.
  • edited November 2010
    its common sense.  you all had over 10k chips which is the level you should aim for when in sats. i cant see an issue with this.
    Posted by scotty77

it's only acceptable if everyone says nothing, just like checking it down live. The second people start talking about it they need a kick in the nuts!
  • edited November 2010
    All,

Collusion is not acceptable on Sky Poker in any form and encouraging players to act in a particular manner through the chat box is considered part of this behaviour.

Anyone in doubt over what constitutes collusion can check our Collusion Policy which is found here.

Regards,
    Dave