You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Fold KK pre flop????

2»

Comments

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Fold KK pre flop????:
    in a £33 dym with 5 plyrs left, i have about 3000 chips. comfortable 2nd place... blinds are 50  100. shortie makes it 400, big stack.with about 4000 chips goes all in , iv got KK should i call or just muck it.           just in case you wondered i called and he showed QQ, great i thought until Q came on turn .                                                                               
    Posted by CALLANIE
    defo call  just got unlucky it happens we all know it

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Fold KK pre flop????:
    In Response to Re: Fold KK pre flop???? : Are you seriously quoting TJ Coutier by saying the fourth raise is always aces or kings? BTW, I did make a mistake with the amount on the 5bet, it was 25 extra BTW, I'd love it if GB actually had junk and was trying to take Hitman off a hand so he just blagged he had Kings to maintain his image, he'll be chuckling about this thread if that's so.
    Posted by TommyD

LOL, I actually thought that at time!!

"so he just blagged he had Kings to maintain his image, he'll be chuckling about this thread if that's so."

He actually said, and i remember it well....it was a hand or so after......

" How could i fold KINGS then?"

I thought he may have been just after info, so i just replied....

"good fold, lol"

logged the whole thing in my memory bank am building...plenty of room in there LOL !! and stored it away till i saw this thread title, felt his quality of play deserved a 'show' as i don't normally post hands!!!

Thanks for comments tho people, been interesting, sry to hi-jacked the OP a bit, FFS even learning the 'lingo' now!!

GL all, X
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Fold KK pre flop????:
    in a £33 dym with 5 plyrs left, i have about 3000 chips. comfortable 2nd place... blinds are 50  100. shortie makes it 400, big stack.with about 4000 chips goes all in , iv got KK should i call or just muck it.           just in case you wondered i called and he showed QQ, great i thought until Q came on turn .                                                                               
    Posted by CALLANIE
    sry Callenie, on your original question, i'd like to think i'd fold!!

I was thinking to myself at what point would i turn this into a call, so would like to throw that out there anyone??? the variable being the size of the other large stack!!

I have already decided that if he has more or equal chips i hope i'd be folding, but if i had 400/800/1200 more chips than him.....mmmm?

Assuming there are a couple of shorties........defo call with 1200, 800 not sure, 400 Fold!!

What do u wise ones reckon?

Another thought, if there are only 4 left instead of 5, this turns it into a defo call yes???
    On the basis that BOTH are unlikey to beat you! Or am I wrong ?