You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Congrats on the download!

edited November 2010 in Poker Chat
Just logged on and seen the download is now available to all, well done Sky :)

Comments

• edited November 2010

yep wd skypoker !

enjoy guys !

• edited November 2010
    just downloaded it and when i went to go in a sit n go it came up login when i already did ?
  • edited November 2010
    excuse my ignorance , but what is the difference between the old sky poker and  the download ?
  • edited November 2010
    Hi Lucky, I don't know if its the same problem, but when I was testing the download I found that if I had the forum open it tried to open the table twice.  It was reported as an issue which I guess they have worked/are working on.
  • edited November 2010
    yes i did have forum open at time
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Congrats on the download!:
    Hi Lucky, I don't know if its the same problem, but when I was testing the download I found that if I had the forum open it tried to open the table twice.  It was reported as an issue which I guess they have worked/are working on.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Hi steve,

this has been resolved, if you are logged in to both download and the website, then the tournament table should only open in download. If anyone sees this issue then please let us know and we'll look at it again.

Lucky: I've not heard of the problem you described before, have you now been able to log in and register for the sit and go?

If this problem persists please can you contact customer care and we'll get this looked into.

Kind Regards

Adam
  • edited November 2010
    Hi Adam as you know i have been on the download beta test for a while now , now that it has been made available to all Sky Poker players do i have to do anything or do i just carry on as i have been .
                The issue of when on the download and i want to go to the forum looks like it is still the same in takes me back onto the web version,so for me to log out i have to do this twice once to log out of the web version and then i have to log out of the downloaded site .
                                                          Regards  Mick .
  • edited November 2010
    excuse my ignorance , but what is the difference between the old sky poker and  the download ?
  • edited November 2010
    hi adam yes i downloaded the site when all completed i got the forum up, when i finished looking in forum i went to the lobby on downloadable version pressed sit n goes clicked on one i wanted and it came up login i logged in then was able to register for sit n go but i thought downloaded sites didnt lose the login period untill u logged out yourself but now seems to be ok thumbs up )

thx lucky
  • edited November 2010
    hello is anybody there?????
  • edited November 2010
    well just closed downloaded site and leaves the webpage site up so in fact if u use the forum when on downloaded site  u then using both 
  • edited November 2010
    Lengaleng i think the main reason is cut out connection problems, obviously there will be a teething period but as far as i can see its much better at loading. for me pops up straight away no loading of the table, also when people registers for sit n gos generally updates straight away so much slicker

Slight problems for me last night but been using most of weekend defo prefer it so thanks sky!
  • edited November 2010

Is there still an option to play on your web browser thing?

I had the test - download software on my desktop. Should I un-install it, and re-install it? Is there any difference between the 2?
  • edited November 2010
    Is there still an option to play on your web browser thing? I had the test - download software on my desktop. Should I un-install it, and re-install it? Is there any difference between the 2?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    To use the web version just play via the website like you always have (prior to the download), leave the download closed.
    Not sure what version todays is but I've been running v1.30 prior to today. I think the download auto-updates anyway tbh. If it detects a newer release it'll tell you then do the update. I think.

• edited November 2010

Cheerz Bonk !!!

Im abit weary about using the download - It crashed at a very very veryyyyyyyyyyy bad time when I was using it once, I nearly cried.

Will try playing some nl4 on it, see if it works any better - but glad the browser option is still there :)
  • edited November 2010
    Cheerz Bonk !!! Im abit weary about using the download - It crashed at a very very veryyyyyyyyyyy bad time when I was using it once, I nearly cried. Will try playing some nl4 on it, see if it works any better - but glad the browser option is still there :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    To be fair though we were beta-testing, and the whole purpose of that is to iron out bugs so a few problems should be expected. I personally never had any issues over the last few months but I haven't been playing much.

• edited November 2010
    Hi Adam as you know i have been on the download beta test for a while now , now that it has been made available to all Sky Poker players do i have to do anything or do i just carry on as i have been .             The issue of when on the download and i want to go to the forum looks like it is still the same in takes me back onto the web version,so for me to log out i have to do this twice once to log out of the web version and then i have to log out of the downloaded site .                                                       Regards  Mick .
    Posted by chew07
    Hi Mick,

Yes this is the way it's been designed, if you open and log in to the download version, then open the community from the download lobby it will launch it in your web browser. This should also log you in automatically to the forum. (if it doesn't then please let us know - it works for me)

If you are logged into the forum, then launch the download application it will NOT log you in automatically.

If you are logged in to both the website and the download client, then log out of one of them, then it cannot log you out of the other. Therefore at the end of your session you would need to log out and close both independently.

Hopefully that makes sense?

Best Wishes

Adam
  • edited November 2010
    Is there still an option to play on your web browser thing? I had the test - download software on my desktop. Should I un-install it, and re-install it? Is there any difference between the 2?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Thanks for you coments Nosebonk you're absolutely spot on with everything you've said.

Dohh - please give it another go and see how you get on with this version, at the end of the day we expect many players to be happy with the web version and continue to use that.

This is absolutely fine with us, it's our job to offer you the choice. What you choose to play is completely up to you.

Kind Regards

Adam
  • edited November 2010
    Thank you Adam
               And good luck to everyone using the download for the first time ,the one thing that has not been built in is anything to stop the bad beats but hey we cant have everything LOL
                                                       Regards   Mick.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Congrats on the download! : Hi steve, this has been resolved, if you are logged in to both download and the website, then the tournament table should only open in download. If anyone sees this issue then please let us know and we'll look at it again. Lucky: I've not heard of the problem you described before, have you now been able to log in and register for the sit and go? If this problem persists please can you contact customer care and we'll get this looked into. Kind Regards Adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam
    Thanks Adam,  I thought that was the problem that Lucky was having which was the only reason that I mentioned it.

Steve
  • edited November 2010
    One little gripe halfway through a game I was playing a pop-up appeard and asked me did I want to close the window or carry on watching? I know I wasnt playing many hands as it was a DYM but that is a bit cheeky! LOL
  • edited November 2010
    Nice one well done sky
  • edited November 2010
    One little gripe halfway through a game I was playing a pop-up appeard and asked me did I want to close the window or carry on watching? I know I wasnt playing many hands as it was a DYM but that is a bit cheeky! LOL
    Posted by Donut64
    pmsl !
  • edited November 2010
    Just downloaded it now

My only worry and I know its been mentioned before , but if I play constantly on the download version will ppl  with certain poker tracking software be able to get any info on me or my stats, that they could not get on the flash version?

All in all - looks ok tho
  • edited November 2010
    Just downloaded it now My only worry and I know its been mentioned before , but if I play constantly on the download version will ppl  with certain poker tracking software be able to get any info on me or my stats, that they could not get on the flash version? All in all - looks ok tho
    Posted by MP33

No.  There is a way of getting stats but a) they aren't freely available, b) is very compicated and c) said way can be used regardless of which version of the Sky Poker 'client' you use.
  • edited November 2010
    Cheers for clearing that up Scotty

I,m hoping the download version will bring me a change of luck as well as i need it
  • edited November 2010
    Hi folks ,
    My comp is ready to die on me i think and my C drive is pretty full is it worth downloading or just  play via web as norm till i get a new one. (soon fingers crossed got sumit in pipeline)?

also is it a big download ?
     Cheers folks

• edited November 2010
    Download is good, as i was able to test it like alot of other players were, it crashed last night and had to restart pc so i could get programe to open again. Was in a tounry too!
  • edited November 2010
    Download---lol--u avin a laugh?--- there is no difference--its a flash player--joke download innit?
  • edited November 2010
    How the flopwit flup could it possibly take two flaphead years to make that ???---what does it do? Its just a link to a smaller web page on your desktop---brilliant!!!!