You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

when is a freeroll not a freeroll??

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat
WHEN ITS ON SKY...,LOL     ive just seen that the rebuys in the so called freerolls are not added on the prize pool. so if its a 50 pound freeroll and they are say 100 rebuys at 50p each thats the 50quid prize pool   lolol  ..haw can u call this a freeroll, sky players are paying the prizepool and sky are calling it a freeroll and its not costing sky a penny   lolol nice 1 sky........1 word   SHOCKING.....but u do ave to laugh     lolololololololololololol

Comments

• edited November 2010
    In Response to when is a freeroll not a freeroll??:
    WHEN ITS ON SKY...,LOL     ive just seen that the rebuys in the so called freerolls are not added on the prize pool. so if its a 50 pound freeroll and they are say 100 rebuys at 50p each thats the 50quid prize pool   lolol  ..haw can u call this a freeroll, sky players are paying the prizepool and sky are calling it a freeroll and its not costing sky a penny   lolol nice 1 sky........1 word   SHOCKING.....but u do ave to laugh     lolololololololololololol
    Posted by xxLunaxx
    I think you need to check your facts.im getting de javu itis!!
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to when is a freeroll not a freeroll??:
    Posted by xxLunaxx
    Hi Luna

It costs just 10 points to enter, you are not forced to rebuy.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: when is a freeroll not a freeroll??:
    In Response to when is a freeroll not a freeroll?? : Hi Luna It costs just 10 points to enter, you are not forced to rebuy.
    Posted by acebarry10
    yes i no its 10points to enter, but thats not the point, sky are always going on about haw much there spend on freerolls,but most of the time the rebuys pay for the tornys.i dont no about you but that dosent seem right to me..any rebuy monnies should be added to the prizepool not used to make it up...
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to when is a freeroll not a freeroll?? : I think you need to check your facts.im getting de javu itis!!
    Posted by kb245
    wat facts are u on about  kb245?
  • edited November 2010

When u are no longer allowed to play for free?
  • edited November 2010
    if nobody rebuys then sky put up the £50 and its free to enter so it is a freeroll
  • edited November 2010
    if nobody rebuys then sky put up the £50 and its free to enter so it is a freeroll
    Posted by Quietman
    loooool i hope this was not a serious reply,BUT i ave a funny feelin it was,loooool
  • edited November 2010
    perhaps sky can tell us were the rebuy monies go ...like some1 said if any1 rebuys but if they do it has to go into the imo.del
  • edited November 2010
    just had a thought is every1 saying that if u buyin for 10pts you cant rebuy for 10pts...if so why?
  • edited November 2010
    just had a thought is every1 saying that if u buyin for 10pts you cant rebuy for 10pts...if so why?
    Posted by DELTA
    Now that is a very GOOD point,wd,xxx
  • edited November 2010
    A pretty good point has been raised here. 

I'm willing to bet anyone their entire bankroll that the 7.00 "FREEROLL" earns sky well over the £100 prize pool.

Given the numbers it attracts, it obviously earns more than 100 sheets but where does this money go?

Obviously, on this forum, the sky poker rimmers slate the guy who raises a frankly good point.

How about the 8k BH, what if the prizepool exceeded 8 dimes but Sky just took this money and made the prizepool 8 grand?

Obivoulsy its a slightly different scenario but not really given that sky are effectively stealing money from people.

A bit like when they freeze your funds to check if youve been colluding when you attempt to withdraw!

Wheres the money going sky? I challenge any member of SkyPoker to come and answer this question.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: when is a freeroll not a freeroll?? : loooool i hope this was not a serious reply,BUT i ave a funny feelin it was,loooool
    Posted by debdobs_67
    I have no idea what point you think that you're trying to make.
    Quietman's post is absolutely correct.

This issue has been "discussed" many times before - it's perfectly clear how these freerolls work.
    If you don't like it, play your freeroll games elsewhere.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: when is a freeroll not a freeroll?? : I have no idea what point you think that you're trying to make. Quietman's post is absolutely correct. This issue has been "discussed" many times before - it's perfectly clear how these freerolls work. If you don't like it, play your freeroll games elsewhere.
    Posted by MereNovice
    That is really excellent advice Vince.

Micro players really need to shop around a bit. Sky is a fantastic site but its point system leaves a little to be desired when you're at the bottom.

I shopped around and found a site more user friendly for my bankroll situation and from a nil balance I'm over $200 up using their freezeout frs and other points related stuff. The trouble is the points incentives become very addictive and I tend to be on that site ALL my poker playing time trying to earn as many as possible to get into bigger tourneys......Sky currently have very little use for your points other than rebuys which I detest.

Sky can't possibly be all things to all players.....have a look around abit....earn some wonga and then come back to the best site when you've no need for freerolls anymore!!!!

.......I just need to win a little bit more......always a little bit more!!!!
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: when is a freeroll not a freeroll?? : I have no idea what point you think that you're trying to make. Quietman's post is absolutely correct. This issue has been "discussed" many times before - it's perfectly clear how these freerolls work. If you don't like it, play your freeroll games elsewhere.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Well i dont know about YOU but i try not to play freerolls anywhere as they are a waste of time,but for the players that do need to play them then i think they should be FREE,xxx
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: when is a freeroll not a freeroll?? : Well i dont know about YOU but i try not to play freerolls anywhere as they are a waste of time,but for the players that do need to play them then i think they should be FREE,xxx
    Posted by debdobs_67

They ARE free if that is how you choose to play them which, I believe, was Quietman's point.

• edited November 2010
    Mere just ignore it all mate, your time can be far better spent
  • edited November 2010

Sky Poker budget to spend a certain sum per year on Freerolls.

Let's say the figure, hypothetically, is £100,000. (The actual figure is greater).

If, say, a "£1,000 Rebuy Freeroll" happens to generate £1,000 worth of Rebuys, then the cost of the Freeroll to Sky Poker is nil.

That £1,000 "saved" remains in the annual Freeroll Budget, effectively, it adds to the total.

So the hypothetical £100,000 worth of freerolls per annum remins intact, & that means more Freerolls. The money "saved" is not withdrawn from the Freeroll Budget, it will all be spent during the current financial year.

If the Rebuys generated £100,000 per annum, then there would be, hypothetically, then be £200,000 worth of Freerolls.

Players can play on Sky Poker forever, every single day of the year if they so desire, without ever depositing a penny, or paying for Rebuys, if they so wish.

Every penny of Freeroll Rebuy money just goes back into the Freeroll kitty.
  • edited November 2010
    Posted by DELTA
    I think delta has a good point it should be a 10pts rebuy instead of cash.  
  • edited November 2010
    Sky Poker budget to spend a certain sum per year on Freerolls. Let's say the figure, hypothetically, is £100,000. (The actual figure is greater). If, say, a "£1,000 Rebuy Freeroll" happens to generate £1,000 worth of Rebuys, then the cost of the Freeroll to Sky Poker is nil. That £1,000 "saved" remains in the annual Freeroll Budget, effectively, it adds to the total. So the hypothetical £100,000 worth of freerolls per annum remins intact, & that means more Freerolls. The money "saved" is not withdrawn from the Freeroll Budget, it will all be spent during the current financial year. If the Rebuys generated £100,000 per annum, then there would be, hypothetically, then be £200,000 worth of Freerolls. Players can play on Sky Poker forever, every single day of the year if they so desire, without ever depositing a penny, or paying for Rebuys, if they so wish. Every penny of Freeroll Rebuy money just goes back into the Freeroll kitty.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Great post Tikay but the "forever" bit does require a bit of £sD success during "the year" after you've used your initial 500 points?

10pts per day = 50 days

Gets you to 19th February using the Butini calendar.

• edited November 2010
    Sky Poker budget to spend a certain sum per year on Freerolls. Let's say the figure, hypothetically, is £100,000. (The actual figure is greater). If, say, a "£1,000 Rebuy Freeroll" happens to generate £1,000 worth of Rebuys, then the cost of the Freeroll to Sky Poker is nil. That £1,000 "saved" remains in the annual Freeroll Budget, effectively, it adds to the total. So the hypothetical £100,000 worth of freerolls per annum remins intact, & that means more Freerolls. The money "saved" is not withdrawn from the Freeroll Budget, it will all be spent during the current financial year. If the Rebuys generated £100,000 per annum, then there would be, hypothetically, then be £200,000 worth of Freerolls. Players can play on Sky Poker forever, every single day of the year if they so desire, without ever depositing a penny, or paying for Rebuys, if they so wish. Every penny of Freeroll Rebuy money just goes back into the Freeroll kitty.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat !!! really???

2 x "6 monthly" 50k freerolls ftw plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ;) (with optional 50p rebuys and add on's ;) - Can u imagine the average stack at the break??? Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep !!!
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: when is a freeroll not a freeroll?? : Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat !!! really??? 2 x "6 monthly" 50k freerolls ftw plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ;) (with optional 50p rebuys and add on's ;) - Can u imagine the average stack at the break??? Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep !!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Well today's Freerolls are as follows.........

01.00 - £50

12.30 - £50

16.00 - £50

19.00 - £100

22.30 - £100

TOTAL = £350

x 7 (weekly total) = 7 x £350 = £2,450

x 52 (Annual Total) = 52 x £2,450 = £127,400.

That EXCLUDES the various seasonal Promotions, Freerolls Fessies, stuff like the Premiership,  the original Take On Tikay, etc etc.

Work it out yourself, the number is staggering. And for every £1 of rebuys which contributes to it, another £1 is effectively added to the total.

I suppose it's an age thing, I experienced life in different times, but if people are still not happy at those numbers, I don't really know what else to say. Just my personal view, like.

Mr Macmillan probably had the right idea, 40 or 50 years ago, & was famous for saying as much, but Lord Young said he same thing a few weeks ago & got the tin-tack.

Tommy Trinder said something along similar lines, too.....

• edited November 2010
    Posted by SHANXTA
    And im sure you also could spend your time better,rather than coming into the forum and posting a silly one liner........as usual..........xxx
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: when is a freeroll not a freeroll?? : And im sure you also could spend your time better,rather than coming into the forum and posting a silly one liner........as usual..........xxx
    Posted by debdobs_67
    Na i can post on here whilst i play my DYM's so it don't really affect me? thanks for your concern though
  • edited November 2010
    im with dohhhhhhh... a 50k freeroll every 6 months..

think of the advertising and attention you could get at that!!!! wow iv got a har d on just thinking about it

ps it should be capped at 250 runners (1st come 1st served basis)
  • edited November 2010
    im with dohhhhhhh... a 50k freeroll every 6 months.. think of the advertising and attention you could get at that!!!! wow iv got a har d on just thinking about it ps it should be capped at 250 runners (1st come 1st served basis)
    Posted by bigflop1
    i think there would be a big queue for that one!!:))))))
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: when is a freeroll not a freeroll?? : i think there would be a big queue for that one!!:))))))
    Posted by kb245
    lol a big queue for what exactly??!!
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: when is a freeroll not a freeroll?? : lol a big queue for what exactly??!!
    Posted by SHANXTA
    50k freeroll with only 250 runners!!!!!
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: when is a freeroll not a freeroll?? : 50k freeroll with only 250 runners!!!!!
    Posted by kb245
    ahhh, 4 a min it sounded like u were after a bit of bigflop ;-)
  • edited November 2010
    We are effectively being fleeced.

Ive tried to understand all that has been written but im stumped. Seems like a smokescreen to be frank and that our hard earned is urinated up against some wall in the Midlands somewhere.

But what do we know, this forum is full of two bob fruit cakes who's reply to everyone is to play elsewhere, mugs!

Its of little wonder that the plyer base of sky does not increase given the two bob struggling runts who disguise themselves as nice guys but if you dare come on here and criticise their beloved skypoker then prepare yourself for a barrage of verbal.

As ive said before, ill meet anyone of you in any nuclear sub car park in the country and we can have a square go, obviously the keyboard warriors will not be able to bring their keyboards so i doubt any of you will take me up on my offer!
  • edited December 2010
    Posted by SHANXTA
    yeah but the so called kitty goes on the big money torns that people like us cant realy afford which is why wer in the freerols in the 1st place. sky should put the rebuy money on the prize pool and rake the addons, becouse we all no sky like a rake lol. to solve the problem just take off the rebuy sky. you make enough out of us. even the super 6 and fb freerols are rebuys lololol wat a joke. come on sky sort yourselvs out,start giving some back. sack the rebuy freerol. tk and the rest must be geting nice bonuses inther wage packt with all this raking.come on sky sort us freerolers out.