You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

when is a freeroll not a freeroll??

Comments

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: when is a freeroll not a freeroll??:
    In Response to Re: when is a freeroll not a freeroll?? : yeah but the so called kitty goes on the big money torns that people like us cant realy afford which is why wer in the freerols in the 1st place. sky should put the rebuy money on the prize pool and rake the addons, becouse we all no sky like a rake lol. to solve the problem just take off the rebuy sky. you make enough out of us. even the super 6 and fb freerols are rebuys lololol wat a joke. come on sky sort yourselvs out,start giving some back. sack the rebuy freerol. tk and the rest must be geting nice bonuses inther wage packt with all this raking.come on sky sort us freerolers out.
    Posted by bigjakey
    You have clearly misunderstood the posts above. Try reading them again.
    The kitty is used for freerolls and free prizes.
    Sky Poker make nothing (directly) out of freerolls and, in fact, spend a lot on them.

I think many people, who hadn't done the sums themselves, were surprised at how much Sky gives to "you freerolers".

• edited December 2010
    either way Vince, you are still a sock-filler.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to when is a freeroll not a freeroll??:
    WHEN ITS ON SKY...,LOL     ive just seen that the rebuys in the so called freerolls are not added on the prize pool. so if its a 50 pound freeroll and they are say 100 rebuys at 50p each thats the 50quid prize pool   lolol  ..haw can u call this a freeroll, sky players are paying the prizepool and sky are calling it a freeroll and its not costing sky a penny   lolol nice 1 sky........1 word   SHOCKING.....but u do ave to laugh     lolololololololololololol
    Posted by xxLunaxx
    sky are giving free games to play it dnt matter about rebuys u need to chill and enjoy ur poker instead of moaning or dont play them its not russia we live in ya know
  • edited December 2010
    we get free rolls everyday which i love we get good cheap poker and people moan all i can say go somewhere else and shut the hell up and let the rest of us enjoy it
  • edited December 2010

Today is a Sky Poker SNOW DAY - there's no days like Snow Days - and ALL the Freerolls have been DOUBLED in value, plus Santa will be in the Tables dispensing free stuff from his sack.

Today's Freerolls have all been re-badged as "FREEZING FR", & the Guarantees upped as follows......

12.30 - today it will be £100. (Usually £50).

16.00 - today it will be £100. (Usually £50).

19.00 - today it will be £200. (Usually £100).

22.30 - today it will be £200. (Usually £100).

00.00 - today it will be £100. (Usually £50).

Plus Santa will be around, dishing out Freebies.

Enjoy.
  • edited December 2010
     just to add THERE FREE NO WONGA NO DINERO NADA JUST ENJOY THEM OR DONT PLAY EM
  • edited December 2010
    They cant even be described as freerolls when you have to buy in with points imo.Other sites have regular freerolls with much bigger prizepools,and no points to buy in so if ya wanna waste hours on a donkfest best look elsewhere for freebies!
  • edited December 2010

Sky Poker budget to spend a certain sum per year on Freerolls. Let's say the figure, hypothetically, is £100,000. (The actual figure is greater). If, say, a "£1,000 Rebuy Freeroll" happens to generate £1,000 worth of Rebuys, then the cost of the Freeroll to Sky Poker is nil. That £1,000 "saved" remains in the annual Freeroll Budget, effectively, it adds to the total. So the hypothetical £100,000 worth of freerolls per annum remins intact, & that means more Freerolls. The money "saved" is not withdrawn from the Freeroll Budget, it will all be spent during the current financial year. If the Rebuys generated £100,000 per annum, then there would be, hypothetically, then be £200,000 worth of Freerolls. Players can play on Sky Poker forever, every single day of the year if they so desire, without ever depositing a penny, or paying for Rebuys, if they so wish. Every penny of Freeroll Rebuy money just goes back into the Freeroll kitty.
    Posted by Tikay10
    tk,surely(dont call me shirley!) someone gets the op's main point and that is sky are putting on a gtd freeroll which in reality cost them nothing because it gets paid for by the rebuy's.

you may as well say sky have a budget of 500000k for freerolls but if they pay for themselves it is just a ghost budget.

what happens at the end of the year when the budget is still there?

does it just get passed on to the next year or used in another area?

sky is a business and has to make a good profit but dressing up a rebuy freeroll as giving something back to the customer is a bit sad imo.

then there is still the situation of charging rake on rebuys,i dont know if they are charged a rake on freeroll rebuys but if so that means sky are putting on a gtd freeroll and actually making a profit from it.

cheers,dave

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: when is a freeroll not a freeroll?? : tk,surely(dont call me shirley!) someone gets the op's main point and that is sky are putting on a gtd freeroll which in reality cost them nothing because it gets paid for by the rebuy's. you may as well say sky have a budget of 500000k for freerolls but if they pay for themselves it is just a ghost budget. what happens at the end of the year when the budget is still there? does it just get passed on to the next year or used in another area? sky is a business and has to make a good profit but dressing up a rebuy freeroll as giving something back to the customer is a bit sad imo. then there is still the situation of charging rake on rebuys,i dont know if they are charged a rake on freeroll rebuys but if so that means sky are putting on a gtd freeroll and actually making a profit from it. cheers,dave
    Posted by DAVEYZZ

I have yet to see a freeroll meet its guarantee from rebuys and add-ons so each freeroll does cost Sky Poker money.
    They don't charge rake on freeroll rebuys.

It's pretty simple really - they don't cost money to enter and you can win money. That's a freeroll by any definition.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: when is a freeroll not a freeroll?? : I have yet to see a freeroll meet its guarantee from rebuys and add-ons so each freeroll does cost Sky Poker money. They don't charge rake on freeroll rebuys. It's pretty simple really - they don't cost money to enter and you can win money. That's a freeroll by any definition.
    Posted by MereNovice
    in that case i stand corrected,the op seemed to be saying the rebuys always added up to more than the prize money?

good to see they dont charge rake on the freeroll rebuys but they still do on the normal rebuys which is pretty bad as its not the normal thing to do on other sites......
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: when is a freeroll not a freeroll?? : in that case i stand corrected,the op seemed to be saying the rebuys always added up to more than the prize money? good to see they dont charge rake on the freeroll rebuys but they still do on the normal rebuys which is pretty bad as its not the normal thing to do on other sites......
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    The OP was incorrect.
    If the rebuys and add-ons ever do exceed the guarantee, the prize pool is increased so it's a winning proposition either way for people who don't rebuy/add-on.

I don't play many rebuys here. ;-)))
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: when is a freeroll not a freeroll?? : tk,surely(dont call me shirley!) someone gets the op's main point and that is sky are putting on a gtd freeroll which in reality cost them nothing because it gets paid for by the rebuy's. you may as well say sky have a budget of 500000k for freerolls but if they pay for themselves it is just a ghost budget. what happens at the end of the year when the budget is still there? does it just get passed on to the next year or used in another area? sky is a business and has to make a good profit but dressing up a rebuy freeroll as giving something back to the customer is a bit sad imo. then there is still the situation of charging rake on rebuys,i dont know if they are charged a rake on freeroll rebuys but if so that means sky are putting on a gtd freeroll and actually making a profit from it. cheers,dave
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Hi Davey.

No.

The money "saved" by players who elect to Rebuy, & thus reduce the subsidy, is ADDED to the annual budgeted Promotional spend. It's not a "ghost" budget at all, I thought I'd explained that quite clearly & lucidly.

£ for £, look at it any way you wish, but this site probably spends more - relative to it's size - on Freerolls & Promotions than any other Site.

It could spend a lot more if it so wished, of course, & line the pockets of all who enjoy Freerolls - but the Promotional cake can only be sliced so many ways, so it would be at the expense of Promotional spend for players at other levels. Would that be right?

You've seen how much complaining there is about Sky Poker Freerolls. That can be interpreted any number of ways. Freerolls are available on every Poker Site, yet so many players wants to play them here. There must be a reason for that........ 

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: when is a freeroll not a freeroll?? : in that case i stand corrected,the op seemed to be saying the rebuys always added up to more than the prize money? good to see they dont charge rake on the freeroll rebuys but they still do on the normal rebuys which is pretty bad as its not the normal thing to do on other sites......
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    That is incorrect. It's easy to monitor the numbers if you remain in doubt - just watch the Freeroll Lobbies. All the Buy-Ins & Add-Ons are clearly shown in the Lobby, as they happen.
  • edited December 2010

ALL today's Freerolls have had their Guarantee DOUBLED.

And if Rebuys happen to exceed the G'tee - & they might, because traffic here right now is at very high levels - then that "saved spend" goes back into the Freeroll Pot for future Freerolls.

Which is probably how they are able to offer so many Freerolls, & are able, on "Snow Days" like today, to increase the Guarantees.

Today, there is £700 on offer, most days it's £350 minimum. That is 7 days a week, 52 weeks per year, & excludes the "specials", it soon adds up to very serious money!
  • edited December 2010
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    nice 1 davey, yr spot on pall.word for word. but thats sky. greedy. and b4 you lick skys a,se merenovice, can you make it more obvious yr working for sky. atleast 50% of you postes work 4 sky. haha wat a pack of jokers.
  • edited December 2010
    Yeh complainers, shut the flup up-- is a rebuy compulsory?--eh-----eh???--- well shut the flup up again then!!!!!
  • edited December 2010
    if nobody rebuys then sky put up the £50 and its free to enter so it is a freeroll
    Posted by Quietman
    its not free pr..k its 10 points. quietman yr a mug
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: when is a freeroll not a freeroll?? : I have no idea what point you think that you're trying to make. Quietman's post is absolutely correct. This issue has been "discussed" many times before - it's perfectly clear how these freerolls work. If you don't like it, play your freeroll games elsewhere.
    Posted by MereNovice
    ther rite wat they say about you merenovis, u are complete clown.get a life you sad man. more to life than rip off intnet poker. skys softwers a worse joke than you.....
  • edited December 2010
    Sky Poker budget to spend a certain sum per year on Freerolls. Let's say the figure, hypothetically, is £100,000. (The actual figure is greater). If, say, a "£1,000 Rebuy Freeroll" happens to generate £1,000 worth of Rebuys, then the cost of the Freeroll to Sky Poker is nil. That £1,000 "saved" remains in the annual Freeroll Budget, effectively, it adds to the total. So the hypothetical £100,000 worth of freerolls per annum remins intact, & that means more Freerolls. The money "saved" is not withdrawn from the Freeroll Budget, it will all be spent during the current financial year. If the Rebuys generated £100,000 per annum, then there would be, hypothetically, then be £200,000 worth of Freerolls. Players can play on Sky Poker forever, every single day of the year if they so desire, without ever depositing a penny, or paying for Rebuys, if they so wish. Every penny of Freeroll Rebuy money just goes back into the Freeroll kitty.
    Posted by Tikay10
    the sh.t that comes out of you forum people is unreal. you all need a life. realy realy sad and pathetic just like this site. bifterboy spot on m8
  • edited December 2010
    Can we not let this debate turn into a name calling session please.  Opinions are always going to differ on this and other forum topics but my colleagues and I would prefer not to have to start deleting posts or in a worst case issuing bans, so can we please at least keep the posts civil.

Many thanks

Sky Mod4
  • edited December 2010
    i won 50p yesterday
  • edited December 2010
    Its your choice to re-load.

at the end of the day play it for fun it's free bucks if you win.

Chill out everyone !
  • edited December 2010
    Hey all

I have deleted 3 posts as they all break the forum rules

Many thanks

Sky Mod
  • edited December 2010
    Hey all I have deleted 3 posts as they all break the forum rules Many thanks Sky Mod
    Posted by Sky_Mod4
    thanks
  • edited December 2010
    knock some heads together mod4, people mistake your kindness for weakness and carry on regardless.

didn't win 50p today :'(
  • edited December 2010
    as i said in an earlier post why cant a player wishing to rebuy use his pp like they have done in the first place to enter the comp if they have them and if not then charge them 50p.or am i missing a point here with the hole thing.del
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: when is a freeroll not a freeroll?? : lol a big queue for what exactly??!!
    Posted by SHANXTA
    To ride your mother Shanxta.
  • edited December 2010
    Can we not let this debate turn into a name calling session please.  Opinions are always going to differ on this and other forum topics but my colleagues and I would prefer not to have to start deleting posts or in a worst case issuing bans, so can we please at least keep the posts civil. Many thanks Sky Mod4
    Posted by Sky_Mod4
    I am banned already SkyMod4 and nobody can read my posts, so it don't make much difference who I deem to be a cocksmoker in all fairness.
  • edited December 2010

Try going down the pub & asking for a freebie? how about the supermarket?

Your gettng 2-3 hours free play for nowt.

Whats there to complain about?

It would be nice to have the odd higher freeroll tho

• edited December 2010
    Try going down the pub & asking for a freebie? how about the supermarket? Your gettng 2-3 hours free play for nowt. Whats there to complain about? It would be nice to have the odd higher freeroll tho
    Posted by Ploppy33
    plz read the thread m8 b4 making a stupid comment you are missing the point ppl are trying to make its not free.del