You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Chris Hughton Sacked!

edited December 2010 in The Football Corner

Terrible decision by the Newcastle board. The guy steadied the ship and brought them straight back up and they're currently mid-table, hammered their fierce rivals 5-1 the other week, he's done a good job there. Don't know what Mike Ashley is thinking.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Chris Hughton Sacked!:
    Terrible decision by the Newcastle board. The guy steadied the ship and brought them straight back up and they're currently mid-table, hammered their fierce rivals 5-1 the other week, he's done a good job there. Don't know what Mike Ashley is thinking.
    Posted by QDMCGRAW
    I cant believe this,the Newcastle board are idiots.
    I hope for this reason only they get relegated.
    SACK THE BOARD
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Chris Hughton Sacked!:
    Posted by QDMCGRAW
    been out all day xmas shopping with the missus. when did all this happen? they give a reason?
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Chris Hughton Sacked!:
    In Response to Chris Hughton Sacked! : been out all day xmas shopping with the missus. when did all this happen? they give a reason?
    Posted by lordbobby
    They want a more experienced manager to move the club forward. Pardew is currently favourite with the bookies at best price 6/4. PARDEW? I'd want a better replacement than that if i was a toon fan.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Chris Hughton Sacked! : They want a more experienced manager to move the club forward. Pardew is currently favourite with the bookies at best price 6/4. PARDEW? I'd want a better replacement than that if i was a toon fan.
    Posted by QDMCGRAW
    lol yeah im in essex and my family detested pardew at w. ham,
  • edited December 2010
    pardew now 4-7...eeek! done beardsley 12-1 & jol 16-1.
  • edited December 2010
    Complete joke the guy takes a relagated team,gets them back up and makes an ok start to the season.hes had no money last week they held chelsea and are currently playing without their first choice central defenders and only have taylor whos played two games in a year and old man sol to replace them, Barton the idiot get himself suspend for 3 games and nolan out injured. Feel sorry for the fans but Ashley is a total joke you can have whatever manager you want but if youve got no money and no support from the board youve go no chance.
  • edited December 2010
    Posted by lordbobby
    Pardew ffs the bloke couldnt get southampton out of league one
  • edited December 2010
    Posted by lordbobby
    Jol could be a good appointment. The toon would love the way he sets his teams up to play. ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK
  • edited December 2010
    Only two words for this

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING

The thing is, I know there were a lot of fans of other clubs saying similar things when Zola got the boot at the end of last year but the big difference there is that the vast majority of the fans were on his back. I haven't seen or heard one bad thing said about Hughton from any Newcastle fans so I have absolutely no idea what that clown Ashley is thinking.

Who does he think is gonna take the job? I see that Pardew is favourite & to be fair I've got a lot of time for him cos he did a fantastic job with us but is he really the big name, experienced manager that a club the size of Newcastle needs in situations like this? I think not. I can't see Martin O'Neill taking the job either so who else does that leave?

A shocking decision & one that could well back fire spectacularly.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Chris Hughton Sacked! : Pardew ffs the bloke couldnt get southampton out of league one
    Posted by BADBOY985
    In fairness he was treated badly there imo. Last season they started with the points deduction & nearly squeezed into the play offs & they just had a bad start this time round. He would've got them promoted this term.
  • edited December 2010
    Only two words for this ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING The thing is, I know there were a lot of fans of other clubs saying similar things when Zola got the boot at the end of last year but the big difference there is that the vast majority of the fans were on his back. I haven't seen or heard one bad thing said about Hughton from any Newcastle fans so I have absolutely no idea what that clown Ashley is thinking. Who does he think is gonna take the job? I see that Pardew is favourite & to be fair I've got a lot of time for him cos he did a fantastic job with us but is he really the big name, experienced manager that a club the size of Newcastle needs in situations like this? I think not. I can't see Martin O'Neill taking the job either so who else does that leave? A shocking decision & one that could well back fire spectacularly.
    Posted by silentbob
    +1   Very suprised at the news. Must be something behind the scenes, but what is it about Mike Ashley. Does he make his decisions based on how unpopular he can make himself with the fans coz he,s doing an excellent job in that department - again
  • edited December 2010
    btw noticed f. rijkaard is 33-1, late contender for worst price of the year?
  • edited December 2010
    Posted by lordbobby
    jol gone from ajax, bookies suspended betting.. do i get my own "mystic bob" section of the forum if 2+2 actually turns out to be 4? worth a entry into a main event tourney at least....
  • edited December 2010
    I truly despair.

Jol is 2/5 on Skybet and a shade of odds-on everywhere else.

Thanks again Mike, if I had a gun I would shoot you myself, you fat dopey cuunt.

Chris Hughton, Toon Legend.
  • edited December 2010
    Headline!!!

After an unusual period of stability, The Newcastle board have found it neccesary to sack their most popular and most successful manager in recent years!!

Spose it was the obvious move really!!
  • edited December 2010
    Still cant take this in tbh.

watching SkySportsNews at 10.30 makes you chuckle.

amongst the contenders.......

Alan Fuckking Pardew at odds of 2/1.

You couldn't make it up.

NEWCASTLE TO GO DOWN? Worth a few quid and I reckon Ashley might have backed it already. The man is either corrupt or stone-cold fuccking mental imo.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Chris Hughton Sacked! : I cant believe this,the Newcastle board are idiots. I hope for this reason only they get relegated. SACK THE BOARD
    Posted by igimc
    My sentiments exactly, I thought Newcastle had moved beyond this topsy-turvy attitude but obviously not. Hope they get relegated now and it will serve Ashley right.
  • edited December 2010
    ALAN PARDEW LOLOLOL!!!!!

Please Discuss...

xx
  • edited December 2010
    ALAN PARDEW LOLOLOL!!!!! Please Discuss... xx
    Posted by TRIP5

shoot me know.

right now.

please.
  • edited December 2010
    LOL Alan Pardew is 1/12 with Paddy Power and William Hill.

Mike Ashley will give the new man 5 years, come what may.

Will be grateful if we are still in the championship at the end of it.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Chris Hughton Sacked! : shoot me know. right now. please.
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    pmsl youd be better of with allan partridge
  • edited December 2010
    was hoping they would go for jol when he talks he sounds like one of those blokes who trys to get you to watch shows in amsterdam 
    HEY YOU GUYS, YOU LIKE TO SEE THE PRETTY LADYS .................
  • edited December 2010
    On Twitter!
    SkyBet    We've seen a glut of money come in for German manager Jurgen Klinsmann to be next Newcastle boss - he's now 7/1. http://ow.ly/3lWcn #NUFC
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Chris Hughton Sacked! : pmsl youd be better of with allan partridge
    Posted by BADBOY985
    It would be great to see the toon play some liquid football under the guidance of Partridge. If you're reading this Mike Ashley please make it happen.
  • edited December 2010
    On Twitter! SkyBet    We've seen a glut of money come in for German manager Jurgen Klinsmann to be next Newcastle boss - he's now 7/1. http://ow.ly/3lWcn #NUFC
    Posted by Donut64
    Just spotted that on the exchanges- Pardew is holding steady at  1.21 tho

Klinsmann is up and down like a yoyo  but seems to have settled at 13.5  and  Jol i s looking a fair price now at 42.0  and an outsider as these markets tend to be all over the place could be Beardsley at 150.0

Although in the time has took to wite this post klinsman is on the move again and is now 11.5, with Pardew drifting slightly to 1.25

Ps  - How do you sign up to the latest sports gossip on Twitter?  I,ve been on twitter for a while but want to keep in touch with things as they are happening  -  Any ideas?
  • edited December 2010
    was hoping they would go for jol when he talks he sounds like one of those blokes who trys to get you to watch shows in amsterdam  HEY YOU GUYS, YOU LIKE TO SEE THE PRETTY LADYBOYS...............
    Posted by BADBOY985

You really are a badboy!!
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Chris Hughton Sacked! : Just spotted that on the exchanges- Pardew is holding steady at  1.21 tho Klinsmann is up and down like a yoyo  but seems to have settled at 13.5  and  Jol i s looking a fair price now at 42.0  and an outsider as these markets tend to be all over the place could be Beardsley at 150.0 Although in the time has took to wite this post klinsman is on the move again and is now 11.5, with Pardew drifting slightly to 1.25 Ps  - How do you sign up to the latest sports gossip on Twitter?  I,ve been on twitter for a while but want to keep in touch with things as they are happening  -  Any ideas?
    Posted by MP33
     I follow Skysportslive for breaking sports news and the bbcfoot also. Skybet for latest odds and a chance to win free bets!
  • edited December 2010
    Now 1/25 for Pardew to take over.

I reckon his remit will be.........

Stay up, and cut the wage bill for 5 seasons.

Expect NUFC to become a selling club from now on.

I TRULY HOPE THAT SOMEONE POTS THE FAT BASTAARD.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Chris Hughton Sacked! : shoot me know. right now. please.
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    5 1/2 loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong years pal!!

you never know...Pardew being a 'yes' man might just work out for you...

Not likely but we all need something to hope for right???

p.s. anyone know the odds of Pardew being sacked before the end of the season??

xx