You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Chris Hughton Sacked!

2»

Comments

• edited December 2010
    If he does a good job then probably odds on knowing that mob.
  • edited December 2010
    I think Pardew just summed it up when he was asked what Mike Ashleys future ambitions for the club are.

The main thing he said was he wanted to bring more players through the youth academy or a she put it "local players"   (probably so if they do well in the prem he can sell them on for a tidy profit, rather than buying ne wexpensive players)

Mike Ashley is 1st and foremost a bussiness man and just wants to make as much money out of the club as he can. 
  • edited December 2010
    I can understand Newcastle fans being bitterly disappointed with this (OK, so that's probably an understatement) but imo from this point on they should really get behind Pardew for now as any other action is just gonna produce a negative effect.

The problem with this situation is Ashley so maybe they should try to hit him where it hurts? He's the sort of person that only listens to money so stop buying the merchandise, match programmes etc.

I've always considered Newcastle to be one of the biggest clubs in the country & I also think they have one of the best sets of fans I've ever encountered, but until fat boy Ashley goes I can just see things going from bad to worse.

With the greatest of respect to all Newcastle fans I would actually quite like to see them go down again this season as maybe fat boy might realise what a massive mistake he's made here.

I did notice on the Sky bet home page though that Pardew is 7/4 NOT to last the season. That might be worth a few quid. I'm also seriously considering having a few quid on them to be relegated at 9/2.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Chris Hughton Sacked!:
    I can understand Newcastle fans being bitterly disappointed with this (OK, so that's probably an understatement) but imo from this point on they should really get behind Pardew for now as any other action is just gonna produce a negative effect. The problem with this situation is Ashley so maybe they should try to hit him where it hurts? He's the sort of person that only listens to money so stop buying the merchandise, match programmes etc. I've always considered Newcastle to be one of the biggest clubs in the country & I also think they have one of the best sets of fans I've ever encountered, but until fat boy Ashley goes I can just see things going from bad to worse. With the greatest of respect to all Newcastle fans I would actually quite like to see them go down again this season as maybe fat boy might realise what a massive mistake he's made here. I did notice on the Sky bet home page though that Pardew is 7/4 NOT to last the season. That might be worth a few quid. I'm also seriously considering having a few quid on them to be relegated at 9/2.
    Posted by silentbob
    +1 Spot on. Its the only way there gonna get rid of him

Ps   Its a shame you can,t lay bets on Sky. Just spotted Diego Maradonna to be next permanent manager of Chelsea at  20/1  - i,ll go naked to next SPT evenet if that happened
  • edited December 2010
  • edited December 2010
    For every dirty, in-bred, thieving, lying, stinking, bin-dipping, benefit dependent, peg-selling Mackem.......it must feel like Christmas!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS MIKE.