You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

some nl4 hands.

edited December 2010 in The Poker Clinic
hi guys

this is about 10 minutes worth of hands from last night, just if you got ten mins can you have a little look and give your opinions.

I do talk through my thoughts at the time aswell so you do get the idea of why im making certain  moves. Id like to focus on 3 particular hands though.

Fisrt hand is the 98 of hearts opinions on this.

Second to the last i fold the JJ - i think im likley drawing dead here but without notes what would you guys do.

And the last had the AQ - opinions on this one please.

Link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-LJsdLDo48

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Interesting way of displaying hands don!!

Anyway only 3 there of note really the first which was 89s fine with the limp pre, the flop bet was a little to high as you only had bottom pair and was effectivally drawing against 3 handed - Gave yourself bad odds - like the agression though.

Once you hit the straight I think you are ahead here - Only because of the oppo you were up against, they are a very good agressive player and I cant see them calling a 3/4 bet to hit there flush......although you were full stacked so implied odds were good - what do i know - but I have them on two pair or set. Id of called anyway i think - Debdobs did you have him beat, would be interesting to know?

The JJ hand I think you bet slightly too much pre, but I hate JJ, lose more money on that hand than any other, good raise on the flop, but im 100% calling this all in - Id be shocked if he didnt have AK here, if he has QQ, KK AA so be it but you have the flush draw so go for it - Maybe this is why I lose JJ so much lol!!!

AQ hand played well all the way through, the reraise though was not needed to be that high, you scared him out of the pot I think.
  • edited December 2010
    some more - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uoFjGxZJ9A

sorry for quality, also not many hands.
  • edited December 2010
    Can we have it in English next time, could not understand a word lol !!

Seriously, that JJ hand i was scratching me heeeeaaad when you folded that one, looked like an easy all in to meeeee....!

Liked the video though - How the hell do you do that ????
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: some nl4 hands.:
    Can we have it in English next time, could not understand a word lol !! Seriously, that JJ hand i was scratching me heeeeaaad when you folded that one, looked like an easy all in to meeeee....! Liked the video though - How the hell do you do that ????
    Posted by goodylad21
    I downloaded some software. Everyone is confused about the JJ hand. In all honesty i didnt know where i was so i thought it was best to fold.
  • edited December 2010
    just watched the first video, i think this is a really good way to improve your game nice one Don
  • edited December 2010
    just watched the first video, i think this is a really good way to improve your game nice one Don
    Posted by N1CK
    ty nick.

I will keep posting videos in this thread that im doing, let you guys look over, alot of whats helping me is im not talking over my desisions with myself. Helps get it into the memory.

Jeez im going to show up at an SPT event, "so here we are on the button with ace" everyone folds. "what the hell just happened" aww **** lol
  • edited December 2010
    is there a max video length you can upload to youtube, i think places like photobucket you can upload longer stuff
  • edited December 2010
    is there a max video length you can upload to youtube, i think places like photobucket you can upload longer stuff
    Posted by N1CK
    10 mins, it seemed to let me post longer before so im going to try uploading a longer video later, i have oftware there from my xbox videos where i can edit it down if it doesnt work. :)
  • edited December 2010
    I think Don has a very good voice for this kind of thing!

You could make some money out of this! Not sure how mind?
  • edited December 2010

Watched the vid Don was good so i made a youtube account and

subscribed to the channel
    look forwad to seeing more
  • edited December 2010
    thanks guys. Thanks for subscrubing buster,

And Donkeyplop how do u propose that.
  • edited December 2010
    Re: The JJ hand. IMO - Nothing wrong pre. Flop bet fine. After other guys poxy lead on the turn I'm sticking my stack in. You could be beat but plenty you're already ahead of and probably have outs even if not.
  • edited December 2010
    I was Lmao at this quote you came out with in the second video !!

"We have got no callers with Aces which is probably a good thing"

Don your a legend :)

• edited December 2010
    I was Lmao at this quote you came out with in the second video !!  "We have got no callers with Aces which is probably a good thing" Don your a legend :)
    Posted by goodylad21

haha  i wasmt thinking straight
  • edited December 2010
    Good stuff Don, bet it helps talking the hands through out loud.

Might give it a go myself sometime.
  • edited December 2010
    Good stuff Don, bet it helps talking the hands through out loud. Might give it a go myself sometime.
    Posted by Patching99
    yes i agree with this, if you commentate on everything that happens on your table it gets you in the habit of really thinking about what everyone is doing and how they play
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: some nl4 hands. : yes i agree with this, if you commentate on everything that happens on your table it gets you in the habit of really thinking about what everyone is doing and how they play
    Posted by N1CK
    +1

Helped me massivly.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: some nl4 hands. : +1 Helped me massivly.
    Posted by The_Don90

having an exact record of what you did and why also stops you from playing rubbishly or doing silly stuff!

The first thing I say to my friends when they ask how to improve or what to do is 'make a vid' because it puts you on the back foot and really speeds up the learning process imo.
  • edited December 2010
    You know what don, just listned to it with sound for the first time - this could be a really good thread for you to continue for beginners to learn hand values and the reasons why you should, call, bet, fold etc.

Because you are commentating through out and explaining your desisions in reletive detail it would give beginners a bit of reasoning as to why its a good idea to do certain things.

Ive always thought that when beginners post hands in the clinic they get typical answers like "shoulda bet flop more, checked turn, jammed river" or (Most common advice to beginners) "fold pre". Trouble is because alot of players are so used to the reasons behind why we should do that, we forget to say why - leaving the beginner none the wiser or at worst raising every hand that they thinks good pre flop thinking thats what they should do!!! (i did this in my first few weeks after reading a article on aggresion.....silly me!!).

Anyway I digress - you are a more than competant player at our level, maybe you should think about making these kinds of post a kind of 4p training guide for beginners........your not saying you are any mastermind or anything but would be very useful for starters in my honest opinion
  • edited December 2010
    You know what don, just listned to it with sound for the first time - this could be a really good thread for you to continue for beginners to learn hand values and the reasons why you should, call, bet, fold etc. Because you are commentating through out and explaining your desisions in reletive detail it would give beginners a bit of reasoning as to why its a good idea to do certain things. Ive always thought that when beginners post hands in the clinic they get typical answers like "shoulda bet flop more, checked turn, jammed river" or (Most common advice to beginners) "fold pre". Trouble is because alot of players are so used to the reasons behind why we should do that, we forget to say why - leaving the beginner none the wiser or at worst raising every hand that they thinks good pre flop thinking thats what they should do!!! (i did this in my first few weeks after reading a article on aggresion.....silly me!!). Anyway I digress - you are a more than competant player at our level, maybe you should think about making these kinds of post a kind of 4p training guide for beginners........your not saying you are any mastermind or anything but would be very useful for starters in my honest opinion
    Posted by tapeworm
    I did, have a look in daves good guides thread. I will keep the videos here, expessially for NL4. I see alot of potential from 1 or 2 players down here that isnt getting used because they get confused, i include myself in this statement btw.

fwiw Beaneh i do agree its helped me massivley and i think watching the videos, and compare to the hands i post theres a massive differance. Also this shows how im playing overall, not when im donking off chips.
  • ybyb
    edited December 2010
    nice vids, keep it up! what screen recording software are you using? I might start making some myself.
  • edited December 2010
    in the first vid time bar was at 4:30 you had 79 on a Q696Q board, when the queen hit on fith you said you not beating anything now, i thought the queen was a great card for you and your ahead here a lot of the time, i think it was worth a bet you can get looked up by any ace sometimes a king maybe 77, 88
  • edited December 2010
    nice vids, keep it up! what screen recording software are you using? I might start making some myself.
    Posted by yb
    post link on here would like to have a look

camstudio is good to make vids
  • edited December 2010
    Its camtasia Studio im using at the min. Only a free trail i have the price is ridiculas to actually buy it.

Once its used i will look for similiar free software.

Also Nick on the 97 hand that you mentioned looking back i actually felt it is a great card. However for some reason at the time i didnt like it.
  • edited December 2010
    don, when u putting more vids on m8y?
  • edited December 2010
    don, when u putting more vids on m8y?
    Posted by iBLUFF
    im still editing part 1 of the deepie, then ill do the deepie again today. put it all into one 15 min video though. Ill probably be doing more NL4 after that before the 7.15 deepie, i promised Irishrover id record that, really wanted to do the 8.15 deepie see if i could go one better too lol.
  • edited December 2010
    do 8.15 just dont record it, im gonna be innit again tonight

was good fun last night :)
  • edited December 2010
    do 8.15 just dont record it, im gonna be innit again tonight was good fun last night :)
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    i best donk out of 7.15 then i can't have second mtt running if recording the 7.15
  • edited December 2010
    new NL4 video up. This is a short one, small session = small profit. Had to phone my boss and the table was getting short. Had to switch off chatbox while recording was having a debate with another player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlEKyBZSyZc
  • edited December 2010
    new NL4 video up. This is a short one, small session = small profit. Had to phone my boss and the table was getting short. Had to switch off chatbox while recording was having a debate with another player. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlEKyBZSyZc
    Posted by The_Don90
    great stuff don, so limp with 22, 33 etc i always raise with these hands and never hit and lost like 20p a go.cheers for the vid din