You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

some nl4 hands.

2»

Comments

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: some nl4 hands.:
    In Response to Re: some nl4 hands. : great stuff don, so limp with 22, 33 etc i always raise with these hands and never hit and lost like 20p a go.cheers for the vid din
    Posted by iBLUFF
    Depends what your playing and who against, limp constantly with hands like this and people will raise just to punish the limpers :)

I haven't watched the vid but presume this was specific to the purpose of set mining hoping to pick up a massive pot due to the implied odds of those in the pot. Like all things in this game there is no hard and fast rule, situation dependant i'm afraid
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: some nl4 hands. : Depends what your playing and who against, limp constantly with hands like this and people will raise just to punish the limpers :) I haven't watched the vid but presume this was specific to the purpose of set mining hoping to pick up a massive pot due to the implied odds of those in the pot. Like all things in this game there is no hard and fast rule, situation dependant i'm afraid
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    its NL4 its a simple rule not to get commited with a weak holding. Yes it was to set mine.
  • edited December 2010
    in cash raise with all pocket pairs to start building the pot for when you hit, when you play better players it also disguises your hand, there are some valid reason for limping but mainly you just want to be opening with them.

If your standard opening raise in micro is x4+ you can open your smaller pairs to x3 as most of the time you will miss and be oop, people will say this is exploitibe and it is but you can play exploitible poker vs bad players as they wont even notice what you are doing, just be aware who is on your table, if you do get exploited you can adjust and x3 open with big hands or revise your open size  even 4 bet...
  • edited December 2010
    i video'd a couple hands earlier insipiration from the_don and man it does help, especially just having the one table open, i might post it up later if people want. my first one though so i babble so much lololol, cant talk straight, whilst posting this i had another big hand in which a felted someone but couldnt get the video set up quick enough to talk through the hand. its a really useful tool is this, even if you do give people watching some notes on you, 5-bet shove with air ftw then ;)
  • edited December 2010
    i video'd a couple hands earlier insipiration from the_don and man it does help, especially just having the one table open, i might post it up later if people want. my first one though so i babble so much lololol, cant talk straight, whilst posting this i had another big hand in which a felted someone but couldnt get the video set up quick enough to talk through the hand. its a really useful tool is this, even if you do give people watching some notes on you, 5-bet shove with air ftw then ;)
    Posted by hurst05
    lol...  post the vid