You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonights Last Longer Comp - Regular Updates & the Final Result by Merenovice Here

edited December 2010 in Poker Chat
In Response to Could we have a Monday Night Last Longer Comp say £2-20 & £2-30 Buy-in:
     Would you be interested in a lower buy-in Last Longer Comp for a Monday night i thought we could do it with the following tourneys    1.      7-05pm        BH                    buy-in  £2-30    2.      7-15pm        Deepstack          buy-in  £2-20    3.      8-30pm        Take on Tikay    buy-in  £2-20    4.      9-15pm        Deepstack          buy-in  £2-20     If we get enough interest for this maybe Skypoker will throw in a Prize for the winner just a thought   Michael
Posted by DTWBANDIT
 GREAT IDEA MICHAEL

Comments

• edited December 2010

Would you be interested in a lower buy-in Last Longer Comp
                        4 Tourneys less than a tenner
            on a Monday night i thought we could do it with the following tourneys
                   best three results from the four tournaments will count

1. 7-05pm        BH                    buy-in  £2-30    100 runners

2. 7-15pm        Deepstack          buy-in  £2-20     81 runners

3. 8-30pm        Take on Tikay    buy-in  £2-20      84 runners

4. 9-15pm        Deepstack          buy-in  £2-20     74 runners 

Please Post on this thread before 7pm Monday Thank You
    Here's how it is going to work.

The best three results from four tournaments will count towards your score.
    Your score in each tournament will be based on your finishing position.
    So, if you finish 1st, 4th, 5th and 92nd your score will be 1 + 4 + 5 = 10.

The four tournaments that will be included are listed in Michael's opening post.

I will be updating the table and posting the latest situation during the evening.

If you finish top of the table you will earn entry into Friday's £5.50 rebuy Totty.
    If you finish 2nd or 3rd you will gain entry into Santa's Sack.
    If 2nd or 3rd place already have entry into Santa's Sack they will gain entry into next Monday's £2.20 Totty instead.

If you have any questions I will try to answer them on this thread.

Good luck all and enjoy it.

If we get enough interest for this maybe Skypoker will throw in a Prize for the winner just a thought

Michael
  • edited December 2010
    Unfortunately I can't play on a Monday, but good luck with this, looks like tikay is looking at something similar on Friday its mentioned on page 9 here,
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Could we have a Monday Night Last Longer Comp say £2-20 & £2-30 Buy-in:
    Unfortunately I can't play on a Monday, but good luck with this, looks like tikay is looking at something similar on Friday its mentioned on page 9 here ,
    Posted by Kiwini4u

Hiya Kiwi have posted an appology on Tikays Thread as i had no idea he was doing simalar on a Friday thanks for telling me  Michael
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Could we have a Monday Night Last Longer Comp say £2-20 & £2-30 Buy-in:
    In Response to Could we have a Monday Night Last Longer Comp say £2-20 & £2-30 Buy-in :   GREAT IDEA MICHAEL
    Posted by IRISHROVER

Cheers Denis
  • edited December 2010
    yes i would be available to play n1 m8ty  i can say im the kinda champ as i recently beat dohhhh in a last longer in a deepie over 5 days so im sure dohhhh would enter,
  • edited December 2010
    yes i would be available to play n1 m8ty  i can say im the kinda champ as i recently beat dohhhh in a last longer in a deepie over 5 days so im sure dohhhh would enter,
    Posted by lucky77777

Thanks Lucky
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Could we have a Monday Night Last Longer Comp say £2-20 & £2-30 Buy-in :   Hiya Kiwi have posted an appology on Tikays Thread as i had no idea he was doing simalar on a Friday thanks for telling me  Michael
    Posted by DTWBANDIT

There's absolutely no need to apologise Michael - Tikay doesn't have a monopoly on last longer competitions!
    If you confirm which tournaments you are going to use and get enough interest, I'll happily keep score for you on Monday, if required.
    They're good for a bit of fun - bragging rights for those that finish at the top.

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Could we have a Monday Night Last Longer Comp say £2-20 & £2-30 Buy-in : There's absolutely no need to apologise Michael - Tikay doesn't have a monopoly on last longer competitions! If you confirm which tournaments you are going to use and get enough interest, I'll happily keep score for you on Monday, if required. They're good for a bit of fun - bragging rights for those that finish at the top.
    Posted by MereNovice

Thanks Vince i thought the 4 tourneys in OP would do & would very much appreciate it if you could keep score m8
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Could we have a Monday Night Last Longer Comp say £2-20 & £2-30 Buy-in :   Thanks Vince i thought the 4 tourneys in OP would do & would very much appreciate it if you could keep score m8
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    No problem.
    I'd suggest something like best three results from the four tournaments as not everyone will be able to play them all.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Could we have a Monday Night Last Longer Comp say £2-20 & £2-30 Buy-in : No problem. I'd suggest something like best three results from the four tournaments as not everyone will be able to play them all.
    Posted by MereNovice

That sounds good to me Vince will add it to OP ty
  • edited December 2010
    I'd be up for this - a bit less bankroll-busting than Tikay's ;-)
  • edited December 2010
    great idea from the bandit once the bankroll allows i'll be up for that
  • edited December 2010

Nice thread, & once again, what a top bloke Mere is for agreeing to "keep score" etc.

I'm not sure if I'm around on Monday, but if I am, & nobody objects, I'd deffo play it.

I'll also arrange for some Prizes, deffo some Santa Sack Entries, & maybe some other stuff. I'd counsel you to seek the advice of people who have run these things before, or else they can't half get in as mess, & then arguments develop, da de da.

I'm not around much from now until Monday, so good luck with whatever gets sorted. Please remember, as Mere said, I don't have a monopoly on running Last-Longers, anyone can do them, & if I'm made aware, I'll usually be able to arrange a few freebies. The ones I do are NOT part of my PTP remit usually, I do them om my nights off, & I love them, but anyone can do the same.

Finally, don't forget, tomorrow - Friday - we will be having a nice Linger-Longer jobbie, which will include the less expensive Deepies.Someone suggested the working title "Biggie Small". What you think? I think it's poo.

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Could we have a Monday Night Last Longer Comp say £2-20 & £2-30 Buy-in : There's absolutely no need to apologise Michael - Tikay doesn't have a monopoly on last longer competitions! If you confirm which tournaments you are going to use and get enough interest, I'll happily keep score for you on Monday, if required. They're good for a bit of fun - bragging rights for those that finish at the top.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Well im well up for it on a monday gr8 idea and gr8 tourny selection,and that is a vvn gesture from you merenovice and you are a true star to this community,xxx
  • edited December 2010
    Nice thread, & once again, what a top bloke Mere is for agreeing to "keep score" etc. I'm not sure if I'm around on Monday, but if I am, & nobody objects, I'd deffo play it. I'll also arrange for some Prizes, deffo some Santa Sack Entries, & maybe some other stuff. I'd counsel you to seek the advice of people who have run these things before, or else they can't half get in as mess, & then arguments develop, da de da. I'm not around much from now until Monday, so good luck with whatever gets sorted. Please remember, as Mere said, I don't have a monopoly on running Last-Longers, anyone can do them, & if I'm made aware, I'll usually be able to arrange a few freebies. The ones I do are NOT part of my PTP remit usually, I do them om my nights off, & I love them, but anyone can do the same. Finally, don't forget, tomorrow - Friday - we will be having a nice Linger-Longer jobbie, which will include the less expensive Deepies.Someone suggested the working title "Biggie Small". What you think? I think it's poo.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I'm pretty sure that the person suggested "Biggie Smalls".
    You're obviously not down wiv da kidz.
  • edited December 2010
    this sounds great michael, im bound to play it, at least it wont destroy my br like the last 2 nights lol

Thanks vincemerestatgeektopmanuis

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Could we have a Monday Night Last Longer Comp say £2-20 & £2-30 Buy-in : Well im well up for it on a monday gr8 idea and gr8 tourny selection,and that is a vvn gesture from you merenovice and you are a true star to this community,xxx
    Posted by debdobs_67

+1 EXCEPT THE XXX PART LOL
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Could we have a Monday Night Last Longer Comp say £2-20 & £2-30 Buy-in : +1 EXCEPT THE XXX PART LOL
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Thanks both.
  • edited December 2010
    ill be up for this glad as snooker season finished for xmas so can actually play on a monday wiiiiiiii great idea
  • edited December 2010
    Nice thread, & once again, what a top bloke Mere is for agreeing to "keep score" etc. I'm not sure if I'm around on Monday, but if I am, & nobody objects, I'd deffo play it. I'll also arrange for some Prizes, deffo some Santa Sack Entries, & maybe some other stuff. I'd counsel you to seek the advice of people who have run these things before, or else they can't half get in as mess, & then arguments develop, da de da. I'm not around much from now until Monday, so good luck with whatever gets sorted. Please remember, as Mere said, I don't have a monopoly on running Last-Longers, anyone can do them, & if I'm made aware, I'll usually be able to arrange a few freebies. The ones I do are NOT part of my PTP remit usually, I do them om my nights off, & I love them, but anyone can do the same. Finally, don't forget, tomorrow - Friday - we will be having a nice Linger-Longer jobbie, which will include the less expensive Deepies.Someone suggested the working title "Biggie Small". What you think? I think it's poo.
    Posted by Tikay10

Many thanks Tikay for your Support & arranging some prizes for this much appreciated,maybe see you in it as well & its great that Merenovice has offered to do the scores Top Man
  • edited December 2010

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Very well thought of Sir DTPLOP!!!!!

Might make the last three but as my cr@pptop had a few losing arguments with my larger i'm using yon better halfs computer so it really depends on his 'home-time'

Will join if i can though!!!

Stirling idea DT

xx

• edited December 2010
    Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Very well thought of Sir DTPLOP!!!!! Might make the last three but as my cr@pptop had a few losing arguments with my larger i'm using yon better halfs computer so it really depends on his 'home-time' Will join if i can though!!! Stirling idea DT xx
    Posted by TRIP5

Cheers Knight Trippy i will post up names so far over the weekend
  • edited December 2010

Thanks for all of your support for this & a BIG Thanks to Merenovice who will be doing the scoring plus Tikay & Sky Rich foe putting up some Prizes

Michael
  • edited December 2010
    Yes please!

Ill give it a go

No idea how u win - I assume dont get knocked out (really?)

Do u have to play all 4? I dont like BH's where 94 is the nuts - only way to last long is fold everything (AA included - obv. not 94 tho) pre flop imo.
  • edited December 2010
    Posted by Tikay10
    +1

From the form shown on Friday can I object if u at my table?
  • edited December 2010

"deffo some Santa Sack Entries, & maybe some other stuff."

anything 4 a bit of extra value  - good idea

• edited December 2010
    Yeah im up for this as well, really good idea:)
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: We Now have a Monday Night Last Longer Comp £2-20 & £2-30 Buy-in with prizes:
    Yes please! Ill give it a go No idea how u win - I assume dont get knocked out (really?) Do u have to play all 4? I dont like BH's where 94 is the nuts - only way to last long is fold everything (AA included - obv. not 94 tho) pre flop imo.
    Posted by Ploppy33

Hiya Ploppy you need to play a min of 3 Merenovice will be posting a thread on Monday with more details of Scoring & Prizes it will be in General Chat  Michael
  • edited December 2010
    i will defo play this
  • edited December 2010
    i would like to play this, always a good laugh!