You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

sky poker is a joke

2»

Comments

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: sky poker is a joke:
    I be honest, these sites that run the poker games are not thought full to the players that take part. The software is really embarrassing to say the least. If you have a low stack, you have no chance of staying in, the so called random cards are not random they come to the hands that are being played and if you have a low stack of chips, you are on your way. I even boasted about being first all in, winds the hand and on nearly 80% this is the case which is a high figure and the person who is sitting waiting for his turn espicailly if he is th big blind he will call with a gh, knowing full well the odds are stacked against him/her. Which is wrong as the only thing that should be stacked against the players is the cards and not the system. The software should be carefully looked at and re-enstated to stop a lot of bad feelings, as you can sit in on a game and you know what is going to come next to knock you out. I sit and play at the kitchen table with a pack of cards and I have yet to see a hand that was dealt towards a hand that had the favoured cards or in favoured cards, the funnest thing is and ace never appears as so much as they do on these software sites, on the flop. I understand you need to speed the game up and the bookmaker can make his profit. Come on have a look at the setup and get thing sorted, how can a player go all-in with 2-7 off suit and because he is first to go all in wins. Please do not come back and say it is the luck of the cards, as it is not, that person is lucky he went allin 1st.
    Posted by colalan
    It's the luck of the cards.

I have to admit that I found it a little difficult to understand your post but I'd be very interested to see the figures that you use to justify your 80% comment.
  • edited December 2010
    Super easy way to win any tournament then! On every hand dealt if no one else has then just move All-In. Repeat until won :)
  • edited December 2010
    Super easy way to win any tournament then! On every hand dealt if no one else has then just move All-In. Repeat until won :)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Don't tell them!!!

Jeepers, man - I was hoping to keep that secret.
  • edited December 2010
    Thankyou for answering, as I see, you have not read it correctly. 
    first player after big blind goes allin with a poor hand 4-7 off suit the next player packs then it comes to you and you got a-k, now you go allin, you see the hand you are up against, "great" I hear you say, the flop 4-q-10 followed by a 9 and river 2
    who has won, yes 1st allin with poor hand making you feel sick, you leave stating your last words "what a joke".
    There you have it, must admit, this allin, does not happen all the time for the same player, 80% is alot to be up against, never mind hands.
  • edited December 2010
    Thankyou for answering, as I see, you have not read it correctly.  first player after big blind goes allin with a poor hand 4-7 off suit the next player packs then it comes to you and you got a-k, now you go allin, you see the hand you are up against, "great" I hear you say, the flop 4-q-10 followed by a 9 and river 2 who has won, yes 1st allin with poor hand making you feel sick, you leave stating your last words "what a joke". There you have it, must admit, this allin, does not happen all the time for the same player, 80% is alot to be up against, never mind hands.
    Posted by colalan
    As I said I found it a little difficult to understand your post. I'm sure that I'm not the only one.

I still have no idea where you get your figure of 80% from - it very much looks like you've plucked a number from the air without any information to back it up.

74 often beats AK, if it didn't there would certainly be something wrong with the way that (online) poker works.
    For your information, the AK is less than 2/1 favourite in that position so you would expect to lose 1 of every 3 times that it happens over a very large sample. I suspect that you are using a sample of one or two hands.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: sky poker is a joke : As I said I found it a little difficult to understand your post. I'm sure that I'm not the only one. I still have no idea where you get your figure of 80% from - it very much looks like you've plucked a number from the air without any information to back it up. 74 often beats AK, if it didn't there would certainly be something wrong with the way that (online) poker works. For your information, the AK is less than 2/1 favourite in that position so you would expect to lose 1 of every 3 times that it happens over a very large sample. I suspect that you are using a sample of one or two hands.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Mere u ARE a quality person,vvg at the odds etc,BUT what i cannot understand from such a knowledgable person is why can YOU cannot see the same scenarios that we can all see? this short stack has no chance theory has REAL substance to it AND it really really is nearly always the river that finishes them off.No bad beat moan from me but this is standard stuff in the 17 months that ive been on this site,i mean thats an awful lot of hands ive seen agreed? Also please feel free to say WHY the top 17 cards dealt on a 6 handed table if it gets to the river card are more often than not the CREAM of the entire deck,truely truely amazing coincidence? no wonder WE are NOT allowed to use any software that can VERIFY this eh? xxx
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: sky poker is a joke : Mere u ARE a quality person,vvg at the odds etc,BUT what i cannot understand from such a knowledgable person is why can YOU cannot see the same scenarios that we can all see? this short stack has no chance theory has REAL substance to it AND it really really is nearly always the river that finishes them off.No bad beat moan from me but this is standard stuff in the 17 months that ive been on this site,i mean thats an awful lot of hands ive seen agreed? Also please feel free to say WHY the top 17 cards dealt on a 6 handed table if it gets to the river card are more often than not the CREAM of the entire deck,truely truely amazing coincidence? no wonder WE are NOT allowed to use any software that can VERIFY this eh? xxx
    Posted by debdobs_67
    No, it doesn't.
    If you supplied me with all the hands you played, I could illustrate this to you.

People often see patterns that aren't there - it is a well known human condition. Basing statements like this on a small sample of hands is very unscientific and illogical.

You do have access to all your hand histories. Unlike you, I have actually done some statistical analysis of a sample of hands and found nothing exceptional statistically at all.

Making statements like "the big stack always wins" is laughable in its naivety. Just look at a decent sample of hands, do the correct analysis, and you will see that nothing untoward is happening.

Also, thankyou for the compliment.

• edited December 2010
    Thankyou for answering, as I see, you have not read it correctly.  first player after big blind goes allin with a poor hand 4-7 off suit the next player packs then it comes to you and you got a-k, now you go allin, you see the hand you are up against, "great" I hear you say, the flop 4-q-10 followed by a 9 and river 2 who has won, yes 1st allin with poor hand making you feel sick, you leave stating your last words "what a joke". There you have it, must admit, this allin, does not happen all the time for the same player, 80% is alot to be up against, never mind hands.
    Posted by colalan
    You'r focusing on the more memorable / frustrating bad beat tournament exit hands, because they are more emotional.

By definition your exit hands will always have been won by the bigger stack.

In addition to this, considering that many players spew chips when they are stacked up, the big stacks are more likely to deliver the bad beats.
  • edited December 2010
    well short stacks at the moment always seem to win against me. Admittedly in cash.
    tonight KJ, flop had KJ6 - short  goes allin I call. he has A6 and turn and river A A.
    It is rigged I tell you!!
    Since the update I've been on a bad downswing. Can't win against anyone.
    I am not paranoid.
    I think!!
  • edited December 2010
    I rest my case absolute joke Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance cmwpies Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £50.22 argo Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £44.24   Your hole cards 6 6       PERRAZI Call   £0.30 £0.75 £34.33 TABBYCAT Fold         J9 Call   £0.30 £1.05 £5.54 FRED773 Raise   £1.20 £2.25 £14.99 cmwpies Call   £1.05 £3.30 £49.17 argo Call   £0.90 £4.20 £43.34 PERRAZI Call   £0.90 £5.10 £33.43 J9 Call   £0.90 £6.00 £4.64 Flop     6 8 9       cmwpies Check         argo Bet   £3.00 £9.00 £40.34 PERRAZI Call   £3.00 £12.00 £30.43 J9 All-in   £4.64 £16.64 £0.00 FRED773 All-in   £14.99 £31.63 £0.00 cmwpies Fold         argo Call   £11.99 £43.62 £28.35 PERRAZI Call   £11.99 £55.61 £18.44 Turn     J       argo All-in   £28.35 £83.96 £0.00 PERRAZI All-in   £18.44 £102.40 £0.00 argo Unmatched bet   £9.91 £92.49 £9.91 argo Show 6 6       PERRAZI Show 10 8       J9 Show 4 9       FRED773 Show Q A       River     7       PERRAZI Win Straight to the Jack £90.69   £90.69 F K N P I S TAKE .. U STILL THINK ITS NOT RIGGED ...??????....
    Posted by argo
    hey i think this guy might have a point i mean its not as if this could ever happen in live play !!!!  OR COULD IT ???????????
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: sky poker is a joke : As I said I found it a little difficult to understand your post. I'm sure that I'm not the only one. I still have no idea where you get your figure of 80% from - it very much looks like you've plucked a number from the air without any information to back it up. 74 often beats AK, if it didn't there would certainly be something wrong with the way that (online) poker works. For your information, the AK is less than 2/1 favourite in that position so you would expect to lose 1 of every 3 times that it happens over a very large sample. I suspect that you are using a sample of one or two hands.
    Posted by MereNovice
    a little ??? iv read it 4 times and still dont know what the flip hes on about lol
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: sky poker is a joke : a little ??? iv read it 4 times and still dont know what the flip hes on about lol
    Posted by JGIBBRFC
    People get upset if I say anything more harsh than that.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: sky poker is a joke : Nice hand but I've got "The Hanged Man" and a 1979 Panini "Garry Birtles" so I've got an open ended squiggle draw. It's not over yet. Raise.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Hmmm (goes into tank).....
    re-raise all in - any sort of bakery item and I have quads
  • edited December 2010
    I was bored and am easily entertained :)
    Posted by RedHouse
    lol - quality :0)
  • edited December 2010
    got to agree played alot of online poker, and normally on sky the best pre flop hands always lose, had AK the other day went all in on a cash game some one called 4,2 off suite and won couldnt believe it thought he knows something i dont
  • edited December 2010

Hi all,

I've had to deleted the last post on this thread due to the nature of the language used.  I can understand your getting frustrated when things don;t go your way but please try and keep the comments clean.

SkyMod4

• edited December 2010
    I was bored and am easily entertained :)
    Posted by RedHouse
    Nope your not having this, i had this exact hand and flop in my local just last week.......

• edited December 2010
     80% of the time the big stack wins, 80% of the time the first to go all-in wins, 80% of the time the hand wins on the river. 80% of all "stats" are made up! A lot of people talk 80% bull! :)
     80% of all facts are ignored because 80% of people prefer to believe their selective memories!
    Ps Im 80% sure Im talking sense but then again their is about 80% chance Im talking rubbish! LOL :)
  • edited December 2010
     80% of the time the big stack wins, 80% of the time the first to go all-in wins, 80% of the time the hand wins on the river. 80% of all "stats" are made up! A lot of people talk 80% bull! :)  80% of all facts are ignored because 80% of people prefer to believe their selective memories! Ps Im 80% sure Im talking sense but then again their is about 80% chance im talking rubbish! LOL :)
    Posted by Donut64
    100% i would say,just the usual amount.
  • edited December 2010
     80% of the time the big stack wins, 80% of the time the first to go all-in wins, 80% of the time the hand wins on the river. 80% of all "stats" are made up! A lot of people talk 80% bull! :)  80% of all facts are ignored because 80% of people prefer to believe their selective memories! Ps Im 80% sure Im talking sense but then again their is about 80% chance Im talking rubbish! LOL :)
    Posted by Donut64
    LOL!

• edited December 2010
    sky joker strikes again        my hole

argo Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £40.67 rtc Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £199.04   Your hole cards Q 9       JOHNACES71 Fold     biggs Fold     TATTIES Fold     simonnatur Raise  £0.90 £1.35 £29.07 argo Call  £0.75 £2.10 £39.92 rtc Call  £0.60 £2.70 £198.44 Flop    6 7 3      argo Check     rtc Bet  £2.03 £4.73 £196.41 simonnatur Call  £2.03 £6.76 £27.04 argo Call  £2.03 £8.79 £37.89 Turn    A       argo Check     rtc Check     simonnatur Check     River    3       argo Bet  £4.40 £13.19 £33.49 rtc Raise  £17.59 £30.78 £178.82 simonnatur Fold     argo All-in  £33.49 £64.27 £0.00 rtc Raise  £40.60 £104.87 £138.22 rtc Unmatched bet  £20.30 £84.57 £158.52 argo Show Q 9    rtc Show A 3    rtc Win Full House, 3s and Aces £82.77  £241.29

this s*ite gets worse every day 

can someone from sky please come on and explain what the hell is going on ..
    and why the river always helps the losing hand every time ..
  • edited December 2010
    thought so.......  no reply......

absolute joke

u should change the name to river poker instead of sky
  • edited December 2010
    thought so.......   no reply...... absolute joke u should change the name to river poker instead of sky
    Posted by argo
     The real joke is that you let them hit the full house for free! Try betting when you are in front not behind!
     Ps the river card doesnt help the hand that is behind EVERYTIME it only seem to do so if you suffer paranioa! What you and others seem to forget is that the river is 20% of all community cards and also will be the pivotal card quite often being the last one!
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: sky poker is a joke :  The real joke is that you let them hit the full house for free! Try betting when you are in front not behind!  Ps the river card doesnt help the hand that is behind EVERYTIME it only seem to do so if you suffer paranioa! What you and others seem to forget is that the river is 20% of all community cards and also will be the pivotal card quite often being the last one!
    Posted by Donut64

Exactly, not only is it 20% of the board, it has the other 80% of the board already out there, to work with.

Whereas obviously the turn only has 60%.

Play omaha sometime, and give one player 3 hole cards, and deal yourself 4. See who wins.

Argo why didn't you bet the turn? You know rtc is a hugh-mongooose fish.
  • edited December 2010
    sky joker strikes again        my hole argo Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £40.67 rtc Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £199.04   Your hole cards Q 9       JOHNACES71 Fold         biggs Fold         TATTIES Fold         simonnatur Raise   £0.90 £1.35 £29.07 argo Call   £0.75 £2.10 £39.92 rtc Call   £0.60 £2.70 £198.44 Flop     6 7 3       argo Check         rtc Bet   £2.03 £4.73 £196.41 simonnatur Call   £2.03 £6.76 £27.04 argo Call   £2.03 £8.79 £37.89 Turn     A       argo Check         rtc Check         simonnatur Check         River     3       argo Bet   £4.40 £13.19 £33.49 rtc Raise   £17.59 £30.78 £178.82 simonnatur Fold         argo All-in   £33.49 £64.27 £0.00 rtc Raise   £40.60 £104.87 £138.22 rtc Unmatched bet   £20.30 £84.57 £158.52 argo Show Q 9       rtc Show A 3       rtc Win Full House, 3s and Aces £82.77   £241.29         this s*ite gets worse every day   can someone from sky please come on and explain what the hell is going on .. and why the river always helps the losing hand every time ..
    Posted by argo
     Ok Im going to try to tell you how I would have probably played this hand I only play tourneys so it might not be right for cash.
     With Q9 suited I dont call out of position I mainly just FOLD.
     If I feel that the guy on the button is raising everytime he is on the button I might re-raise who knows the BB might still come along with his A3 I dont know.
     The flop brings me the flush draw so I continue with the betting with a pot sized bet if the chancer then calls with bottom pair so be it but he again is given the chance to fold!
     When the flush on the turn comes Im putting in another pot sized bet or jamming depending on stack sizes.
     If he is still in the pot and hits and says ul. I say "no problem" knowing I did everything I could to win the pot!