You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Table chat bans,...

edited December 2010 in Poker Chat

Is there a list of rules stating what is unacceptable conduct in the table chat box?

I have seen a list of forum rules, but never come across rules for table chat. If they are outlined anywhere on the site, can Barry plz link me :)

If there isn't a list of rules, and it is left up to common sense for people to conduct themselves appropriately, some peoples interpretation of what is harmless and acceptable, is going to differ from other peoples, and therefore there's a grey area.

Is it therefore left to customer care to investigate each individual case and administer punishment (or otherwise) where they see fit?.....

.......And is this fair do u think??????

For example I was amazed the other week when Lucy77777 told me that it is ok to declare your cards in the chatbox, when you have folded and the hand is in progress? - I couldn't believe it?

There must be some set rules ....... right? ...... and if not, maybe it's a good idea to draw 1 up ! - keep it simple,..... 

---------------------------------------------------------

"If you do any of these things, you will be banned from chat...."

etc 
etc
etc.

DOHH.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    1. if you are a big, bearded fellow named doh you are not allowed to speak at the table, or in general... ever.
  • edited December 2010

loooooooooooool, it's been 6 weeks.......

My turn to be santa this year :(
  • edited December 2010
    For example I was amazed the other week when Lucy77777 told me that it is ok to declare your cards in the chatbox, when you have folded and the hand is in progress? - I couldn't believe it?Posted by DOHHHHHHH

This cant be true!!!
  • edited December 2010

Dohhhh this is a silly thread

cos anything i write in the rulez i could get forum banned for

like dont say ****, **** or ****, but do say... "Dohhhhh Calling you an idiot would be an insult to all the stupid people".:)

• edited December 2010
    Hi JJ

Unfortuntaley, I cannot post a link as it wont let me, go to Help and Support, and search for chat rules :)
  • edited December 2010
    I'm gonna get chat banned for what I'm gonna say to this stupid idiot next to me at the moment. She/It/ Whatever has let the timer run to zero on every action in the last 30 minutes. Every action pre and post flop. She never gets sat-out so it's intentional.

Very annoying.
  • edited December 2010
    BARRY !!

What took u so long? lol

Thanx mate, would have taken me 3 days to find that!

Chat

Our chat facility is designed to enhance your enjoyment of the Sky Poker experience. It gives you a chance to communicate with other players and have a few laughs. Please only use English to communicate, as this is the designated language of the public chat facility. Don't use offensive or abusive language whilst chatting - nobody likes it and we won't tolerate it. 

We also ask that you don't chat about the current hand in any way which might give an advantage to other players. This could put some people at a disadvantage, and that simply isn't fair.

When nearing the end of a sateillite tournament and the prizes are approaching, please do not discuss table strategies with other players. This could be classed as collusion.

This sounds abit flimsy to me.........
  • edited December 2010
    Chat

Our chat facility is designed to enhance your enjoyment of the Sky Poker experience. It gives you a chance to communicate with other players and have a few laughs. Please only use English to communicate, as this is the designated language of the public chat facility. Don't use offensive or abusive language whilst chatting - nobody likes it and we won't tolerate it. 

We also ask that you don't chat about the current hand in any way which might give an advantage to other players. This could put some people at a disadvantage, and that simply isn't fair.

When nearing the end of a sateillite tournament and the prizes are approaching, please do not discuss table strategies with other players. This could be classed as collusion.

Just looked this up how do we communicate with Dylan ;)))))))))))
  • edited December 2010
    Hi guys,  this is the full link.

I would suggest that if you are in any doubt about table abuse then its always best to contact customer care.

Steve
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Table chat bans,...:
    BARRY !! What took u so long? lol Thanx mate, would have taken me 3 days to find that! Chat Our chat facility is designed to enhance your enjoyment of the Sky Poker experience. It gives you a chance to communicate with other players and have a few laughs. Please only use English to communicate, as this is the designated language of the public chat facility. Don't use offensive or abusive language whilst chatting - nobody likes it and we won't tolerate it.  We also ask that you don't chat about the current hand in any way which might give an advantage to other players. This could put some people at a disadvantage, and that simply isn't fair. When nearing the end of a sateillite tournament and the prizes are approaching, please do not discuss table strategies with other players. This could be classed as collusion. This sounds abit flimsy to me.........
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Doesnt this completely disprove your origional post?
  • edited December 2010

Well when I was arguing with Lucy about it - she claimed that she once thought same as me.

She was a victim of someone doing it in a hand she was involved in, and understandably (for once) went mad as it cost her.

So she contacted customer care and people at sky via e-mail, and they assured her that although they strongly dis-courage it, it isn't a ban-able offence.

This is kinda backed up by the rules - as they "ask" people not to do it, rather than "demand" they don't do it.

Just make it clear - it's unacceptable, and you will be banned if you do it?

Keep things simple....and clear.....
  • edited December 2010
    Did I break the rules today?

Earlier on in a BH tournament a short stack shoved, another player flat called, then it came to me and I shoved with my KK. Everybody else folded, when it went back to the guy in the middle he was taking ages to decide what to do, so I told him I had KK in the chatbox. I knew he didn't have AA as he'd insta-call, I was hoping he wouldn't believe me and would call thinking I was really much weaker. It didn't work, he folded and everybody at the table saw my cards. Should I now join the elite club with chatbox bans, or is revealing my hand OK in this situation?
  • edited December 2010
    I think team sky poker players should be able to chat ban people,  Its only fair,  at least one has an inflated ego and deserves to be panderd to.

also little dweebs who start on a player then complain when they hit back should also have same privilage.

what the shell       lets let anyone chat ban anyone else.   

peter
  • edited December 2010
    Hi guys,  this is the full link . I would suggest that if you are in any doubt about table abuse then its always best to contact customer care. Steve
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Haha 'customer care' please dont get me started on that one ;o)
  • edited December 2010
    I think team sky poker players should be able to chat ban people,  Its only fair,  at least one has an inflated ego and deserves to be panderd to. also little dweebs who start on a player then complain when they hit back should also have same privilage.  what the shell       lets let anyone chat ban anyone else.    peter
    Posted by NODEAL

Who is the Team Sky Poker member you are talking about nodeal?
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Table chat bans,... : Who is the Team Sky Poker member you are talking about nodeal?
    Posted by the_gibb
    i seen an arguement before while railing a table - i didnt get involved - although nodeal was involved the other player was a high stake reg but not a member of TSP.

i maybe confused but certainly from his post it seems it was aimed at this player.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Table chat bans,... : Who is the Team Sky Poker member you are talking about nodeal?
    Posted by the_gibb
    The one that has imaginary powers to give people a final warning, LMAO.

I love it when foolish people show imaginary power

UP UP AN AWAAAAAY

respectfully

peter
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Table chat bans,... : i seen an arguement before while railing a table - i didnt get involved - although nodeal was involved the other player was a high stake reg but not a member of TSP. i maybe confused but certainly from his post it seems it was aimed at this player.
    Posted by The_Don90[/QUOTE

I was being sarcastic lol i know who it is....seems like nodeal has turned into a kit kat
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Table chat bans,... :
    In Response to Re: Table chat bans,... : i seen an arguement before while railing a table - i didnt get involved - although nodeal was involved the other player was a high stake reg but not a member of TSP. i maybe confused but certainly from his post it seems it was aimed at this player. Posted by The_Don90[/QUOTE I was being sarcastic lol i know who it is....seems like nodeal has turned into a kit kat
    Posted by the_gibb
    ok me gibb.....   I will clear this up..    the player you are talking about that is not in the TSP  is obviously a good player      none the less      for no reason      he decides to come to my table for an unknown reason to belittle me          I answer him while im playing in good humer.       I then do as he done to me,  but im not expecting him to act like a child,      mr TSP decides to chp in with a laughable threat of a chat ban.  and now somewhat funny in a way you decide to chip in. 

my goodness      the mums and dads will be involved soon    lol

chill
  • edited December 2010
    ah nodeal i hadnt seen that - i seen what i saw and again i didnt mention names out of fairness. When railing a table between tournaments its not something i expected to see.

I appoligise to NODEAL, The TSP in question (i can figure out who), the other player involved and the gibb since he knows lol.
  • edited December 2010
    There are of course, people who go to different tables on the the rail, with their own agenda. Usually these sad individuals have been knocked out of some tourny or cash game whatever. If people find the need to go on the rail, watch by all means, but keep your mouth SHUT !!!, after all it's really none of your business if you're not involved playing at the table.

I wonder how difficult it would be for ' Skypoker ' to allow the people who like to go on the rail, to watch and not be able to comment?. It's quite possible/probable that, negative/nasty comments will/can cause a loss of concentration, whether it be on the rail, or in the chat box, that is stating the obvious of course, but to some people it's ' obviously ' their intention to do just that, sad really.

Kind regards 

• edited December 2010
    I don't understand that?

Surely if people chatting in the chat box puts you off just turn it off?
  • edited December 2010

There should be an option to disable observer chat - that wud sort this so called 'problem' out.

Wud also be good if the rules made it 100% clear what is, and what isn't acceptable.
  • edited December 2010
    OMG I must be coming down with something, i find myself thinking that Mr Dohhhhh is right about observer chat.
            Good bye for now im off to see a doctor i might be some time  LMAO.
  • edited December 2010

It is very easy to cure the problem of inappropriate Rail Chat, simply by banning Observer Chat.

But it's the view of Sky Poker, as far as I am aware, that this is the last thing they would ever wish to do.

Lots of players, for whatever reason, like to congregate on the Rail & watch the play, & chat amongst themselves, & why not? It's what Sky Poker is about - strong Community - & long may it last.

A few players have & do make inappropriate comments, & hopefully this will not end up spoiling it for everyone else who Rail innocently.

It's fine & dandy for us to chat amongst ourselves whilst Railing the Big Boys, but really, we should never diss, goad or tease them when they are playing for serious wonga, it's just wrong. 
  • edited December 2010
    OMG I must be coming down with something, i find myself thinking that Mr Dohhhhh is right about observer chat.         Good bye for now im off to see a doctor i might be some time  LMAO.
    Posted by chew07
    lol only an option for the active players to block the observers, either all of them, or the ones they are having problems with.

Not block it altogether !!!!

Doesn't make any difference to me I get ignored anyway :(

What about the other rules though? - It's kinda gone off the point I was trying to make.
  • edited December 2010
    for intelligent people there is some egos out there,think they should show some class,but then again in the world of high stakes poker everybody's after an edge.imho
  • edited December 2010
    It is very easy to cure the problem of inappropriate Rail Chat, simply by banning Observer Chat. But it's the view of Sky Poker, as far as I am aware, that this is the last thing they would ever wish to do. Lots of players, for whatever reason, like to congregate on the Rail & watch the play, & chat amongst themselves, & why not? It's what Sky Poker is about - strong Community - & long may it last. A few players have & do make inappropriate comments, & hopefully this will not end up spoiling it for everyone else who Rail innocently. It's fine & dandy for us to chat amongst ourselves whilst Railing the Big Boys, but really, we should never diss, goad or tease them when they are playing for serious wonga, it's just wrong. 
    Posted by Tikay10
    I think that is fair comment tikay,    With only one caveat,    I think this should apply when railing any table, Not just railing the Big Boys.

Some times the Big Boys get out of order too.

peter
  • edited December 2010
    I love the railers. Good or bad, I love it ......it means I'm cashing good. More railing please!