You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Table chat bans,...

2»

Comments

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Table chat bans,...:
    It is very easy to cure the problem of inappropriate Rail Chat, simply by banning Observer Chat. But it's the view of Sky Poker, as far as I am aware, that this is the last thing they would ever wish to do. Lots of players, for whatever reason, like to congregate on the Rail & watch the play, & chat amongst themselves, & why not? It's what Sky Poker is about - strong Community - & long may it last. A few players have & do make inappropriate comments, & hopefully this will not end up spoiling it for everyone else who Rail innocently. It's fine & dandy for us to chat amongst ourselves whilst Railing the Big Boys, but really, we should never diss, goad or tease them when they are playing for serious wonga, it's just wrong. 
    Posted by Tikay10
    + Tikay

I do usually have 2 or 3 people railing me if im running deep in a tournament. These people usually support me and help me from losing consentration in the latter stages of the tournament.

Anyways isnt Sky Poker all about its fantastic community? And therefore this (in most cases) does include the rail.
  • edited December 2010
    It is very easy to cure the problem of inappropriate Rail Chat, simply by banning Observer Chat. But it's the view of Sky Poker, as far as I am aware, that this is the last thing they would ever wish to do. Lots of players, for whatever reason, like to congregate on the Rail & watch the play, & chat amongst themselves, & why not? It's what Sky Poker is about - strong Community - & long may it last. A few players have & do make inappropriate comments, & hopefully this will not end up spoiling it for everyone else who Rail innocently. It's fine & dandy for us to chat amongst ourselves whilst Railing the Big Boys, but really, we should never diss, goad or tease them when they are playing for serious wonga, it's just wrong. 
    Posted by Tikay10
    +1

BEHAVE  ON THE RAIL  OR WE WILL LOSE IT .

SIMPLES !
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Table chat bans,... : +1 BEHAVE  ON THE RAIL  OR WE WILL LOSE IT . SIMPLES !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    I think there should be an option for players to select "full summary, no observer chat" meaning they can still chat to players who are playing but they wont see what the observers are saying unless they want to.

I think this is what Dohhhhhh was trying to say...I could be wrong.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Table chat bans,... : +1 BEHAVE  ON THE RAIL  OR WE WILL LOSE IT . SIMPLES !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Yes     + 1

The Big Boys should be an example to the up an comeing players and conduct themselves appropriatly,

Please dont rail the smaller tables abusing people and then go crying to daddy when it goes wrong,

Also,    I noticed a fair comment on this thread removed,     It wasnt offensive in any way but did hint at preferential treatment for the big boys,

I didnt particularly agree with the removed comment but we are all enitled to our opinions,

peter
  • edited December 2010
    I removed it myself mate,

it would only cause a spat with the "sky mafia" lol.
    Though I do believe the smallbankrollers are ignored by the powers that be
  • edited December 2010
    I removed it myself mate, it would only cause a spat with the "sky mafia" lol. Though I do believe the smallbankrollers are ignored by the powers that be
    Posted by steveskin1
    thanks for setting me straight,      but,     you are entitled to your opinion,     there is no skypoker mafia,

I in no way think tikay was being specific,     he was making the point in general im sure,    fair comment,

I was only pointing out it should apply to all,

Say what you think Sir,  

peter
  • edited December 2010
    Most importantly..are they planning on rescinding chat bans, iv been given a ban, and to be honest i'm considering going to another poker site, as its limiting my enjoyment..Surely users who have been a bit naughty should get a 2nd chance?
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Table chat bans,... : thanks for setting me straight,      but,     you are entitled to your opinion,     there is no skypoker mafia, I in no way think tikay was being specific,     he was making the point in general im sure,    fair comment, I was only pointing out it should apply to all, Say what you think Sir,   peter
    Posted by NODEAL
    very fair comment. Ive never had any hassles. Nor did i actually care about the chatbox while i was watching the table - in all honesty i dont care - to some people they do.

I only brought it up because i thought its what you where referring to in page 1.

Anyways - yes rules should apply to all.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Table chat bans,... : thanks for setting me straight,      but,     you are entitled to your opinion,     there is no skypoker mafia, I in no way think tikay was being specific,     he was making the point in general im sure,    fair comment, I was only pointing out it should apply to all, Say what you think Sir,   peter
    Posted by NODEAL
    I totally agree, any player who is abusive in the chat box, whether it is a player or an observer, or if they are one of the "Big" players or a recreational player, should be reported to customer care.  Yes I know that some players feel that the customer care staff dont do a good job but I have always found them to be very helpful.

Steve
  • edited December 2010
    I think people that like to be abused should say so on their avatar, or else make it patently obvious some other way, like greghogg does
  • edited December 2010
    I think people that like to be abused should say so on their avatar, or else make it patently obvious some other way, like greghogg does
    Posted by oynutter

+1

(I noticed that too, strange very strange, still it's legal I suppose).
  • edited December 2010

In Response to Re: Table chat bans,... : very fair comment. Ive never had any hassles. Nor did i actually care about the chatbox while i was watching the table - in all honesty i dont care - to some people they do. I only brought it up because i thought its what you where referring to in page 1. Anyways - yes rules should apply to all.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Ditto ,m8,      But to step out of my tongue in cheek mode for a bit,    I do enjoy the banter and ecorporate it into my game.     imo the fracas in question was nothing in my book,    I have had railers baiting me on many many occasions at high stakes,  I have never complained and never would,

I would find it incredable if sky poker banned all railing chat because of one players comments, Its very simple. Ban the offender.

What constitutes an bannable offence?    Hurting a players feelings?  Saying you think they will lose?  Pointing out that they broke the rules?

We all have a good idea of what would be construed as  stepping over the line.

I dont think skypoker would selectively ban railchat on high stakes and leave open an unfair advantage for the high stakes players to railchat up an coming players like you and I.

cheers bud

• edited December 2010

This post was meant to get some clarification on the rules.

I have read the rules, and am non the wiser.

If people don't know exactly what will be tolerated, and what wont, then they are always gonna either take advantage, or end up being stitched up..................depending on the circumstances.

I didn't post here, to get everyone chat banned.

Completely the opposite. If people are aware of exactly what will get them a ban, they can behave, or be banged up accordingly with no excuses.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

My personal opinion is that most people who complain are just being childish, and pathetic, as much as/or even more so, than the people they are reporting.

Chat bans should be handed out for people strongly abusing an individual personally, things such as racism....genuine racism tho, not just someone calling me a Yorkie t*at!

It's the old "mountains and molehills" thing - it is what u make of it.

But if the rules are precisely outlined, then nobody can have any complaints when they come a Roy Cropper.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stop acting like a big bunch of fairies ;)  (I would have said girls, but I know how touchy Lucy can be sometimes)

• edited December 2010
    This post was meant to get some clarification on the rules. I have read the rules, and am non the wiser. If people don't know exactly what will be tolerated, and what wont, then they are always gonna either take advantage, or end up being stitched up..................depending on the circumstances. I didn't post here, to get everyone chat banned. Completely the opposite. If people are aware of exactly what will get them a ban, they can behave, or be banged up accordingly with no excuses. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ My personal opinion is that most people who complain are just being childish, and pathetic, as much as/or even more so, than the people they are reporting. Chat bans should be handed out for people strongly abusing an individual personally, things such as racism....genuine racism tho, not just someone calling me a Yorkie t*at! It's the old "mountains and molehills" thing - it is what u make of it. But if the rules are precisely outlined, then nobody can have any complaints when they come a Roy Cropper. ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Stop acting like a big bunch of fairies ;)  (I would have said girls, but I know how touchy Lucy can be sometimes)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Huh,   Im soo offended,    my granny was a fairy.

You You bounder

Help modorator,     We have a fairy hater in our midst.

peter
  • edited December 2010
    Imo who really cares what others say? if they are insulting you or trying to wind you up then i think you already have an EDGE on them
  • edited December 2010
    I1n Response to Re: Table chat bans,...:
    I removed it myself mate, it would only cause a spat with the "sky mafia" lol. Though I do believe the smallbankrollers are ignored by the powers that be
    Posted by steveskin1
    Why do you say that, Steve? What evidence do you have?
  • edited December 2010
    I1n Response to Re: Table chat bans,... : Why do you say that, Steve? What evidence do you have?
    Posted by tikay1
    Hes consulting his legal team and will provide evidence in a court of law if required.

lay advisor

NODEAL
  • edited December 2010
    I1n Response to Re: Table chat bans,... : Why do you say that, Steve? What evidence do you have?
    Posted by tikay1
    No evidence needed, its just a fact. Not just the bankroll thing either, there is lots of favouritism too........Merenovice is an example for a start, but could name a dozen of that ilk.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Table chat bans,... : Hes consulting his legal team and will provide evidence in a court of law if required. lay advisor NODEAL
    Posted by NODEAL
    their taking it to court

I submit the following hand ids as evidence that sky does not like low stake players

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Table chat bans,... : their taking it to court I submit the following hand ids as evidence that sky does not like low stake players #1111111 #2222222 #30291487
    Posted by The_Don90
    you missed 999-666-999

• edited December 2010
    How about charging 15p for a 1 pound dym, and 25p for a 2 quid one?

Did they listen when we told them this isn't fair?
  • edited December 2010
    DONT BAN RAILERS! +1 to what tikay said, i love having a chat with someone who has just popped on to say hello etc. miyagi & co

although i do agree maybe if you can ignore specific people, i wouldn't but seems to be alot of people on here who are bothered by keyboard warriors