You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Call or fold?

2»

Comments

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Call or fold?:
    This post is tilting me and I've got nothing to do with it. Dunno why you even bother posting hands yb. Only people who can help you would never reply. Getting advice from 2p 4p players isnt going to help your game.You played it fine. And you bet pot on flop. Hardly an overbet. Defo not -ev. All this talk about odds on flop is so irrelevant.
    Posted by 5toneFace
    What a ridiculously arrogant thing to say! (and incorrect imo) the poker clinic is there for all and comments like yours do not encourage more people to post.

The more views we get from all standards of play, the stronger this part of the forum will become which can only help everyone.
  • edited December 2010
    lol, I never said the poker clinic cant help any players. But how can someone who regularly plays 10nl, help a player who plays 100nl?? This post is an example of how they cant. Just causes confusion. And gives bad advice.
  • edited December 2010
    lol, I never said the poker clinic cant help any players. But how can someone who regularly plays 10nl, help a player who plays 100nl?? This post is an example of how they cant. Just causes confusion. And gives bad advice.
    Posted by 5toneFace
    if he doesn't give bad advice which is corrected then he will not learn, the idea of these forum post is for everyone to try and get something out of it not just the op
  • edited December 2010
    Posted by 5toneFace
    The principles are the same regardless of the stakes. There are some very competent 10nl players, and some bad regular 100nl players for example...

We dont have to justify how good we are on a particular subject before commenting. People can listen to or ignore what they like. Confusion is fine imo, as long as the discussion is positive. What someone thinks is bad advice, someone else may think is good advice.

This is a forum for open discussion for everyone, not a rule book for high rollers.

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Call or fold? : if he doesn't give bad advice which is corrected then he will not learn, the idea of these forum post is for everyone to try and get something out of it not just the op
    Posted by N1CK
    Yes I totally agree. But only when they listen. Anyway Ill leave your forum back to you all now. Said what I wanted to say.
  • edited December 2010
    you tell him mr H
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Call or fold? : The principles are the same regardless of the stakes. There are some very competent 10nl players, and some bad regular 100nl players for example... We dont have to justify how good we are on a particular subject before commenting. People can listen to or ignore what they like. Confusion is fine imo, as long as the discussion is positive. What someone thinks is bad advice, someone else may think is good advice. This is a forum for open discussion for everyone, not a rule book for high rollers.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    I kind of agree with you. Other than this. This quote is so wrong. The game at 100nl is so different to 10nl.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Call or fold? : Yes I totally agree. But only when they listen. Anyway Ill leave your forum back to you all now. Said what I wanted to say.
    Posted by 5toneFace
    i know what you mean
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Call or fold? : I kind of agree with you. Other than this. This quote is so wrong. The game at 100nl is so different to 10nl.
    Posted by 5toneFace
    Ok fair point. I wrote that in haste. I think we agree now btw!
  • edited December 2010

I agree with overbetting the flop, build a pot ok ... tell your opponent you already have a made hand (Why play to the river everytime? Poker isnt JUST about banging on about odds its about adjusting your game to different players and using that to your advantage. Obv you cannot overbet the pot here everytime it happens, but in some situations you can and some you cannot! I know the villain here very well and i am not going to slate there play but they do win alot of pots with huge ranges and you could be ahead here on my notes but is could good enough for that price? nope! Good fold well played and LOL_Raise spot on IMO.

• edited December 2010
    the fact that the majority of posters on this thread are 50nl reg or above kinda throws this argument out the window. ZING, BEANEH, LOL_RAISE, SCOTTY77, ME, even HOGGERS.
  • edited December 2010
    overbetting just gets in against a range we lose to, I think we get same range to call fold with a smaller bet.
    Posted by beaneh
    i agree with this
  • edited December 2010
    btw HURST as you're replying in this thread

please don't sit in my empty 100nl 6max table that i want to start then sit out directly to my left without playing a single HU hand so you can wait for fish to join so you have position on me, it's EXTREMELY unethical and rude and plain outright scummy to do this which you obviously know

it's not hard to play HU for 20hands to start a table?

i'll have to become an angle shooting douche so people don't gain edges if it becomes common place

• edited December 2010
    btw HURST as you're replying in this thread please don't sit in my empty 100nl 6max table that i want to start then sit out directly to my left without playing a single HU hand so you can wait for fish to join so you have position on me, it's EXTREMELY unethical and rude and plain outright scummy to do this which you obviously know it's not hard to play HU for 20hands to start a table? i'll have to become an angle shooting douche so people don't gain edges if it becomes common place
    Posted by zing

THIS POST IS RIDICULAS LOL