You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The TSP Cash Final - Runners & Riders

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat
sam198610000
ajs43859000
gerrard99000
offshoot9000
dub18000
jakally8000
k88moss8000
60nine607000
Boonicon7000
CoxyLboro7000
ezryder7000
-v-6000
craigieboy6000
EVILEDNA6000
freechips16000
stien6000
beaneh5000
CharlieF295000
FlashFlush5000
gadgerno15000
Nosebleed_5000
BIGSHANN4000
cottlad4000
jimmynoleg4000
mickjenn14000
Ms_Chips4000
rizo5754000
spdbrkr4000
the_gibb4000
zing4000

Comments

• edited January 2011

The structure.....

110.00 / 20.0015
    215.00 / 30.0015
    320.00 / 40.0015
    425.00 / 50.0015
    -5 Minutes Break-
    530.00 / 60.0015
    640.00 / 80.0015
    750.00 / 100.0015
    875.00 / 150.0015
    -5 Minutes Break-
    9100.00 / 200.0015
    10150.00 / 300.0015
    11200.00 / 400.0015
    12300.00 / 600.0015
    -5 Minutes Break-
    13400.00 / 800.0015
    14500.00 / 1000.0015
    15600.00 / 1200.0015
    16800.00 / 1600.0015
    -5 Minutes Break-
    171000.00 / 2000.0015
    181500.00 / 3000.0015
    192000.00 / 4000.0015
    203000.00 / 6000.0015
    -5 Minutes Break-
    214000.00 / 8000.0015
    225000.00 / 10000.0015
    236000.00 / 12000.0015
    247000.00 / 14000.0015
    -5 Minutes Break-
    258000.00 / 16000.0015
    2610000.00 / 20000.0015
    2715000.00 / 30000.0015
    2820000.00 / 40000.0015
    -5 Minutes Break-
    2925000.00 / 50000.00-
  • edited January 2011

Who do you reckon will take this down?

Do you think those with short stacks are really at a severe disadvantage, or will they just go gung-ho for a 2xup?

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: The TSP Cash Final - Runners & Riders:
    Who do you reckon will take this down? Do you think those with short stacks are really at a severe disadvantage, or will they just go gung-ho for a 2xup?
    Posted by Tikay10
    with the quality of players i dont think the shorter chip stacks will effect it a massive deal. the_gibb and mickjenn wont be short for long im sure.
  • edited January 2011
    I fancy mickjenn for this one, his MTT results of late are incredible and he has so much ability. CoxyLboro I also think has a good chance as has good MTT experience and also Flashflush for the same reason. Good luck to all though.
  • edited January 2011

My 3 picks here are - Mickgoldenjen1 / Nosebleed & Jakally
  • edited January 2011
    Sick line up.

Close ur eyes, and stab the list randomly.

Gadgreno1
    Jackally
    Coxy.
  • edited January 2011
    Its like a who's who of sky and even though its the cash list, its the scariest mtt line up i have ever seen on sky.

impossible to pick a winner from that list because they are all more than capable of taking it down but, you can never rule mickjenn or the gibb out even with a short stack. Fingers crossed for Shann aswell.
  • edited January 2011
    Got to go for freechips1, gl all xx
  • edited January 2011
    My 3 picks are MickJenn, Flashflush & Beaneh.  Good luck all.
  • edited January 2011
    edit I need to wake up.
  • edited January 2011
  • edited January 2011

GL to Mickjenn1, Flashflush & Beaneh
  • edited January 2011
    What time is this tourny going to be starting? 

Are they going to be televised?

and ofc short stacks are at a disadvantage....
  • edited January 2011
    What time is this tourny going to be starting?  Are they going to be televised? and ofc short stacks are at a disadvantage....
    Posted by beane
    h
    a). As the Lobby says, 7.30pm.

b) Highlights of it, yes. They start at 7.30pm, & the Show starts at 9pm, & coverage has to be balanced between these, & PRIMO, so I don't know how much will be Televised. Mother was not in the Office today, but the Management Meeting (in which I covered the 865 part on her behalf) agreed they must have "as much coverage as as is sensibly & reasonably possible", so I'll pass that on to Mother tomorrow, & she will decide how they are covered, & to what degree.

c) Yes, it was a debating point. Jake Cody never took his WPT Seat until Day Two, doubled up off Ian Woodley within 20 minutes & went on to win it, & a quarter of a million quid. So disadvantage, yes, it's designed that way, but the players would, I think, play it  tactically.

You still playing at DTD this weekend?
  • edited January 2011
    GL all. top 3  - Beaneh   Mickjenn   Sam1986
  • edited January 2011

no way could i pick a winner from this lot ,
    all class .
    hope a forum peep takes it down .
    gl guys .

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: The TSP Cash Final - Runners & Riders : a). As the Lobby says, 7.30pm. b) Highlights of it, yes. They start at 7.30pm, & the Show starts at 9pm, & coverage has to be balanced between these, & PRIMO, so I don't know how much will be Televised. Mother was not in the Office today, but the Management Meeting (in which I covered the 865 part on her behalf) agreed they must have "as much coverage as as is sensibly & reasonably possible", so I'll pass that on to Mother tomorrow, & she will decide how they are covered, & to what degree. c) Yes, it was a debating point. Jake Cody never took his WPT Seat until Day Two, doubled up off Ian Woodley within 20 minutes & went on to win it, & a quarter of a million quid. So disadvantage, yes, it's designed that way, but the players would, I think, play it  tactically. You still playing at DTD this weekend?
    Posted by Tikay10

wow the non cash tournies could last for ever!!

Wait so Jake got lucky, then won more pots and we're giving his credit for the win to him turning up late?

We all understand that sky want paying money hence the chip disparities, I fail to see how it's fair that the russian roulettes are included and for 10p rake you get 1.5 points, when someone playing 5/10  HU cash and paying a quid or two rake a hand get nothing.

What does this mean aswell?

"If you do not play in the TSP Qualifier then your place in it will be forfeit and no alternative tournament and/or prize will be offered."

• edited January 2011
    Longest structure ever on sky!!! Look forward to it!!
  • edited January 2011
    very tough field

I go for freechips1, jakally, and ajs
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: The TSP Cash Final - Runners & Riders : wow the non cash tournies could last for ever!! Wait so Jake got lucky, then won more pots and we're giving his credit for the win to him turning up late? We all understand that sky want paying money hence the chip disparities, I fail to see how it's fair that the russian roulettes are included and for 10p rake you get 1.5 points, when someone playing 5/10  HU cash and paying a quid or two rake a hand get nothing. What does this mean aswell? " If you do not play in the TSP Qualifier then your place in it will be forfeit and no alternative tournament and/or prize will be offered."
    Posted by beaneh
    In the order asked......

1) Not quite for ever - but it might seem like it given the strructure!

2) I never said that. I was seeding a discussion about relative chip stacks. I think it's quite a fascinating equation. The bigger stacks have an advantage, deservedly, it's framed that way deliberately, but I don't think the advanatage is that big, & the Cody tale was an example. What price would you quote that the biggest starting stacks (1 in each of the three qualifiers) wins their Tourney? I think their advantage is pretty small.

3) Those Rules were always in place, & have never changed. Some players thought them unfair, & so asked to be excluded from the Qualifying Leagues, as is their perfect right. I don't think that 3 months down the line is the time to query Rules that were there from the outset, really.

4) It means what it says, is my take. If a player decides for whatever reason not to play the Qualifier, that's that, he or she gets no recompense. I would really like that at this point, we all get behind the players, all of whom (you included) have done well to make the Qualifiers, & cheer them across the line, &, maybe, onto stardom, riches, wine & women.
  • edited January 2011
    flashflush is the standout MTT,on Sky at least, player in this field IMO.
    coxy runs amazing
    beaneh has never come close to winning any tournie here, so he's gonna be my third pick. 
  • edited January 2011
     I think their advantage is pretty small.

You also think we should just play aces and kings....

I and others did query the russian roulette stuff but no answers were given. I'm not affected by the HU stuff, but I might aswell just team up with someone and we can just grind the russian roulettes and both make the top of the STT league with ease for not much outlay..... whilst cash grinders have to play tens of thousands of hands being raked on every single one.

With point 4, does that mean that if we are sitting out we are removed? if we are late is that ok? if we sit out the whole way through is that a problem?

And Scotty I have no idea why people think  you will do well as you are obviously terrible, the fact that I am worse than you by a country mile means my chances are even less! I might have to try and track down mickjenn and ask for some lessons if I manage to play at all!!
  • edited January 2011
     I think their advantage is pretty small. You also think we should just play aces and kings.... I and others did query the russian roulette stuff but no answers were given. I'm not affected by the HU stuff, but I might aswell just team up with someone and we can just grind the russian roulettes and both make the top of the STT league with ease for not much outlay..... whilst cash grinders have to play tens of thousands of hands being raked on every single one. With point 4, does that mean that if we are sitting out we are removed? if we are late is that ok? if we sit out the whole way through is that a problem? And Scotty I have no idea why people think  you will do well as you are obviously terrible, the fact that I am worse than you by a country mile means my chances are even less! I might have to try and track down mickjenn and ask for some lessons if I manage to play at all!!
    Posted by beaneh
    1) Yup.

2) Yup, that's the only hands I ever play.

3) I'm afraid it's a little late now to query the Rules, right or wrong, they are what they are now.

4) Yes, you can be as late sitting-in as you wish. The Blinds will only be 30-60 AFTER the one-hour break, so it's not going to cost much in chips to sit-out for a bit.

5) Yup, Scotty is tez.
  • edited January 2011
    MickJenn, The_jibb or flashflush ftw!!!
  • edited January 2011
    [ x ] he's worse than tez.

what does that make me :-(  
  • edited January 2011
    [ x ] he's worse than tez. what does that make me :-(  
    Posted by beaneh
    Very Tez, or Tevez for short?

You know what, I'm going to give my 2nd shout out to Beaneh for this one.  Firstly, he's due.  Secondly, it would honestly be lovely to see him on TSP.  And last but not least, might cheer him up.  Judging by the replies on these threads I think the Priority Club guys are currently drawing straws to be his 'account manager.'
  • edited January 2011

1st jakally  

2nd freechips1.

3rd offshoot.
  • edited January 2011
    Ive certainly queried the points system many times and it's been brought up on the forum more times than i can remember.  Nothing ever gets done though and it's rare to even get a response.  It's coming up now because it's only now the 3 months is up and it's all very relevant all of a sudden.  That a button clicking monkey (apologies if u think u fit in this bracket lol) who's paid a microscopic amount of rake compared to the cash grinders gets an equal (or better imo) chance of winning what could be a trully life changing prize.  I certainly don't think it's in Sky interests for a RR merchant to be representing the site and the Sky name..... and are they going to be able to take advantage of any buyins with what little poker points they may earn?  Or will it force them to play out of their bankroll and/or play cash in order to accumulate points with which to use as a TSP player?

I just think it dillutes what could be a quality field of players that could go out there and really represent the Sky brand.  Am not necessarily saying i'm the bees knees for that but i would feel a bit better that these guys had put in 20% of the hours it took me to scrape into the top30 cash league..... as i know many others did.

Just all feels a bit wrong and if the RR route (or even the DYM route for that matter) is still open i think you'll find many people switching just to make the top30 easier, which in turn makes a bit of a mockery of the whole structure.

Anyways that's my 2penneth.  Maybe not the platform but i don't see a 'how to improve the league' thread.... maybe i should start 1?  lol.  I'd also mention in it how good play get's you knowhere in the league.  It's all about volume and more importantly aggressiveness.  2 x £200nl cash players could play exactly the same amount of hands and 1 could finish top5 whilst the other may not make top30.  It could also be that the top5 finisher loses £2k whilst the 31st place finisher wins £5k.

I'd start a thread but maybe it would be presumptious for Sky to take any notice....... which is why i've just had a little waffle in here lol :D

I think i'm just tiured and crabby after a manic December.... time to chill.

As it stands though that's one elluva line-up.  I'm scurrrrred :/  Think it may be allin every hand and trust to luck!
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: The TSP Cash Final - Runners & Riders : Very Tez, or Tevez for short? You know what, I'm going to give my 2nd shout out to Beaneh for this one.  Firstly, he's due.  Secondly, it would honestly be lovely to see him on TSP.  And last but not least, might cheer him up.  Judging by the replies on these threads I think the Priority Club guys are currently drawing straws to be his 'account manager.'
    Posted by TommyD
    I belive similar discussions are underway regarding mickjenn1's Priory Club account manager.
  • edited January 2011
    Alot of good players there. I cant pick. But goodluck to everyone!

Btw i dont think there is much advantage or disadvantage. As blinds are so long. If it was 5 min blinds. You could says the smaller stacks will have to make a move quicker then the leaders.

Goodluck!