You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

poker bot seen on youtube....

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat

hi all I have been on youtube looking at poker bots they look great to me cos i could leave it on when i go to sleep lol looks like they might make you alot of money playing micro limits by playing 12 tables at a time has any one used one? I hav not seen them for sky poker they seem to by on pokerstars and fulltilt sites alot more they say they work on most sites tho... ps dont worry i have not got one would just like to know people thoughts on them and if u think they would work ..

Comments

• edited January 2011
    my one played terribly the last few days, keeps getting set over setted.

grrrr
  • edited January 2011

MY one cleans the house an makes my dinner,   its rubbish at poker .    looked at me a bit funny the other night.       SCARY

• edited January 2011
    no way dose it work on skypoker ? which one did you get and how much was it mate..
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: poker bot seen on youtube....:
    my one played terribly the last few days, keeps getting set over setted. grrrr
    Posted by beaneh
    Think it's fixed now, then again I butchered that hand more than a trainee lumberjack.
  • edited January 2011
    MY one cleans the house an makes my dinner,   its rubbish at poker .    looked at me a bit funny the other night.       SCARY
    Posted by NODEAL

I need to get me one of those! Sounds expensive! :-p

And no  OP you silly-billy I don't really have one LOL
  • edited January 2011

LOL POKER BOTS, I HOPE SKY WOULD BAN ANYONE SUSPECT OF HAVING ONE, THIS IS A NICE COMMUNITY BASED POKER SITE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• edited January 2011
    LOL POKER BOTS, I HOPE SKY WOULD BAN ANYONE SUSPECT OF HAVING ONE, THIS IS A NICE COMMUNITY BASED POKER SITE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Posted by LIAM5KING
    i think this is a unfair comment by you against said bots ,
    once again forum peeps picking on the minority  groups on here.

bots have ever right to play on here too.
    sick of this typical human attitude it stinks .
  • edited January 2011
    I'm all for bot rights so long as they follow the rules. Beating me at poker breaks rule no.1
    1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
    2. A robot must obey any orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
    3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
  • edited January 2011
    If bots were ever to become an issue, I am reassured by the fact that we have JohnConnor to lead us to salvation.
  • edited January 2011
    I,ve heard of them before , but what exactly is a poker bot?
  • edited January 2011
    Posted by MP33
    A "poker bot" is a piece of software designed to play poker.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: poker bot seen on youtube.... : A "poker bot" is a piece of software designed to play poker.
    Posted by MereNovice

Sometimes also known as "A BRAIN"...... I've even met a couple of Poker players who have one of these.  Not many but one or two... 

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: poker bot seen on youtube.... : i think this is a unfair comment by you against said bots , once again forum peeps picking on the minority  groups on here. bots have ever right to play on here too. sick of this typical human attitude it stinks .
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Looks like 'us' bots have to stick together on this one,what is our best course of action 'roborover'?
  • edited January 2011
    OH GOSH AM SO SORRY, I DIDNT MEAN TO OFFEND THE CYBORG GENERATION, I FORGET MY OLD PREHISTORIC WAYS ARE NOT ON LOL
    In Response to Re: poker bot seen on youtube.... : i think this is a unfair comment by you against said bots , once again forum peeps picking on the minority  groups on here. bots have ever right to play on here too. sick of this typical human attitude it stinks .
    Posted by IRISHROVER
  • edited January 2011
    I'm all for bot rights so long as they follow the rules. Beating me at poker breaks rule no.1 A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm . A robot must obey any orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
    Posted by RedHouse
    I thought the rules were

1) Serve the public trust
    2) Protect the innocent
    3) Uphold the law
    4) Classified

• edited January 2011
    I did a bit of research a while ago, there are forums out there dedicated to poker bots.  I posted a link once but it was quickly deleted so you will have to google stuff.
    As far as I know you can buy a `standrd` bot that is pre programmed, you can also re-program it yourself to make a certain action if a certain few conditions were in place etc.  So the teccy type of poker players would probs have an advantage.  Personally, I dont think the difference between bots playing and the ability to use pt/hem are a million miles away.  Pt/hem gives you certain stats to hand to determine your decision.  If you went solely with that info, then the only difference between you and a bot is that you have to manually click the check/fold buttons urself.  I think bots have become a hobby in themselves, the satisfaction of who can program the best bot etc.
    reprogrammed bots that have a good track record can fetch a lot more money than std ones.
    As far as I know, it is difficult and unusual in general to get bots to beat anything higher than the micros, but could be wrong.
    There are also measures in place on sites to detect bots, if a bot is playing for like 24 hrs without a break, somethings gonna flag up somewhere.  You can even program bots to take toilet breaks to get round this lol, dunno what comes out, must be castrol gtx.
    Also, if a player at your table suspects you are a bot, they can report it.  The site can send a msg to your pc asking you to type in a certain series of characters immediately.  Basically, this is to prove there is a human there.  With technology as it is though, I cant imagine it will be long before someone programs a bot to recognise this and to type it in for you.....if they havent already.
    Would I use one ?
    If someone sent me a pre programmed bot that I didnt have to muck around with and was completely user friendly, then yeah, I`d fire up 24 tables on stars or something and give it a go.  Mainly out of interest, but if it started making me money, then yeah, I would carry on........only being honest.
  • edited January 2011

that the info i was looking for thanks for the replay yeah they do sound good for the micros and for cash for points lol

• edited January 2011
    For the avoidance of doubt, "bots" are banned on Sky Poker.
  • edited January 2011
    For the avoidance of doubt, "bots" are banned on Sky Poker.
    Posted by MereNovice
    LOL, good luck to anyone using a bot on sky.  You would have to program the bot to reconnect you after being disconnected every few minutes
  • edited January 2011
    yeah mayby but not on pokerstar or fulltilt
  • edited January 2011
    Posted by jacko999
    No "mayby" about it - they are banned.

They are also banned on Pokerstars and Full Tilt.

You appear to have been mis-informed.
  • edited January 2011
    Posted by jacko999
    I dont know if you mean you wont get many d/c`s at these sites or if you think they are allowed.  As merenovice said, they are of course banned everywhere.  You will have to sneak in under the radar.  Let me know how you get on if you try it
  • edited January 2011
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    lmao

but     in my experience you can put them on tilt

instead of calling them bots      type into the chat    poker bum     that pee s them off

COMPLY
  • edited January 2011
    lol. been looking at them think it might be a rip off now about 100 pound to buy one then i dont know if it would work o well nice thoght to make money doing nothink :[
  • edited January 2011
    It's a shame bots are banned, I quite fancy challenging Metal Mickey to a HU match.
  • edited January 2011
    *insert 9th letter of the alphabet here*Poker  pretty much allow bots to play freely, technically they are illegal to have on the site but as they rake so much money they just let them be, same used to be on FTP until recently when they banned a load of bot accounts. from what i gather most of them are used for micro cash upto nl50 to badbeat jackpot/rakeback farm or low level MTT's
  • edited January 2011
    if someone is trying to sell you something it obviously doesnt make enough money by itself. Its like those adverts for software to let you see hole cards etc, if they worked they wouldnt need to sell them to make money. Any pokerbot which is raking in the cash is most likely not for sale.
  • edited January 2011

if someone is trying to sell you something it obviously doesnt make enough money by itself. Its like those adverts for software to let you see hole cards etc, if they worked they wouldnt need to sell them to make money. Any pokerbot which is raking in the cash is most likely not for sale.
    Posted by offshoot
    Ditto

Also     A word of warning       some people on this site have gave thier email ad in the chat.   very dangerous as you said offshoot about the danger of downloading dodgy software with bot   the same goes with dodgy email.

peter

• edited January 2011
    pete are you mary whitehouse ;)bless her
  • edited January 2011
    Posted by MP33
    You'll be playing one tonight ;)