You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

poker bot seen on youtube....

2»

Comments

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: poker bot seen on youtube....:
    pete are you mary whitehouse ;)bless her
    Posted by stokefc
    lol    no    but im afraid to admit,   we could be doing with her now the state of things is deteriorating.

lol    I better get my head down now
  • edited January 2011
    pete are you mary whitehouse ;)bless her
    Posted by stokefc
    Im not too happy with my last reply,      since then...... I have been on the phone to several people trying to find out if stoke is an actual place and if indeed there is a football team attached to this fictional place,  if there is such a place and football team     please accept my sincere apologies for not knowing of its existance.

If its not a joke        where is it located on the globe?

If it is a real place/team     I would have to say  tut tut    I think team colors should not be displayed on this site,   Especialy such vulger colors   yuk

respectfully  pete
  • edited January 2011

Think the bot your looking at was probably a shanky bot. will only work on cerrtain sites and certainly not poker stars as they prosecute bots with menace on there.

Used to work well on tilt until the powers that be went after it and confinscated all the bank rolls of players using it on there some into several K

works well out of the box at the micro limits1/2c 2/5c but needs customising if you want to go higher.

Also plays UB Cake Bodog BetnGo and Carbon Poker atm.

• edited January 2011
    I did a bit of research a while ago, there are forums out there dedicated to poker bots.  I posted a link once but it was quickly deleted so you will have to google stuff. As far as I know you can buy a `standrd` bot that is pre programmed, you can also re-program it yourself to make a certain action if a certain few conditions were in place etc.  So the teccy type of poker players would probs have an advantage.  Personally, I dont think the difference between bots playing and the ability to use pt/hem are a million miles away.  Pt/hem gives you certain stats to hand to determine your decision.  If you went solely with that info, then the only difference between you and a bot is that you have to manually click the check/fold buttons urself.  I think bots have become a hobby in themselves, the satisfaction of who can program the best bot etc. reprogrammed bots that have a good track record can fetch a lot more money than std ones. As far as I know, it is difficult and unusual in general to get bots to beat anything higher than the micros, but could be wrong. There are also measures in place on sites to detect bots, if a bot is playing for like 24 hrs without a break, somethings gonna flag up somewhere.  You can even program bots to take toilet breaks to get round this lol, dunno what comes out, must be castrol gtx. Also, if a player at your table suspects you are a bot, they can report it.  The site can send a msg to your pc asking you to type in a certain series of characters immediately.  Basically, this is to prove there is a human there.  With technology as it is though, I cant imagine it will be long before someone programs a bot to recognise this and to type it in for you.....if they havent already. Would I use one ? If someone sent me a pre programmed bot that I didnt have to muck around with and was completely user friendly, then yeah, I`d fire up 24 tables on stars or something and give it a go.  Mainly out of interest, but if it started making me money, then yeah, I would carry on........only being honest.
    Posted by OMahonyO
    YES! a serious and well put post........i agree with all that you say apart from one thing.........that is poker bots dont work.
    my mate got one free(its easy,just google) they only work on certain sites(defo not sky) we set it up and let it running for 10 hours a day and at the end of the week he was 24 cents down,if you set it to be agressive it would make bad calls and if you set it as tight it would fold flush draws etc......
    incidentaly,all sites state it is against t&c to use bots and they have tracking software etc to detect it(although someone playing 48 hours straight is a bit of a givaway) yet some of the bigger sites actually advertise on the site that sell bots!,which tells me they aint ever going to be a serious threat

cheers,dave

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: poker bot seen on youtube.... : Im not too happy with my last reply,      since then...... I have been on the phone to several people trying to find out if stoke is an actual place and if indeed there is a football team attached to this fictional place,  if there is such a place and football team     please accept my sincere apologies for not knowing of its existance. If its not a joke        where is it located on the globe? If it is a real place/team     I would have to say  tut tut    I think team colors should not be displayed on this site,   Especialy such vulger colors   yuk respectfully  pete
    Posted by NODEAL
    ahh you see its situated in middle england,its a sprawling town with lots of quaint little villages running through its spine.
    the people are polite non aggressive sorts(like me)who will do anything for anybody salt of the earth if you like.
    and the colours,well the colours represent the cross of george a warrior from many many years gone by he,s a saint you know..
    hope this helps
    regards sean the nice
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: poker bot seen on youtube.... : ahh you see its situated in middle england,its a sprawling town with lots of quaint little villages running through its spine. the people are polite non aggressive sorts(like me)who will do anything for anybody salt of the earth if you like. and the colours,well the colours represent the cross of george a warrior from many many years gone by he,s a saint you know.. hope this helps regards sean the nice
    Posted by stokefc
    Wow   sounds realy nice sir,   you realy make me want to believe,   I have been tricked before,  ( lapland)

LOL but stoke??   thats just plain ridiculous,    ill agree though you do soind like the salt of the earth type of chap,    As my late great granma mary would say       yor avin a larf

I  can confirm that there is indeed a place called england         commonly known as lower Scotland

pete
  • edited January 2011
    But is Stoke a place or 5 towns stuck together. How can Hanley be the biggest one, yet the place gets called Stoke. All very odd. P.S. I'm married to a jugger.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: poker bot seen on youtube.... : YES! a serious and well put post........i agree with all that you say apart from one thing.........that is poker bots dont work. my mate got one free(its easy,just google) they only work on certain sites(defo not sky) we set it up and let it running for 10 hours a day and at the end of the week he was 24 cents down,if you set it to be agressive it would make bad calls and if you set it as tight it would fold flush draws etc...... incidentaly,all sites state it is against t&c to use bots and they have tracking software etc to detect it(although someone playing 48 hours straight is a bit of a givaway) yet some of the bigger sites actually advertise on the site that sell bots!,which tells me they aint ever going to be a serious threat cheers,dave
    Posted by DAVEYZZ

But surely the bot will be earning more than that in rakeback, which will put it in the black.  Multitabling on different sites, it would all add up.  Its not gonna make you leave work or anything but surely it can grind out some pocket money.
  • edited January 2011

Psssst......Sky Mod 4 & 7 are bots....well, defo no human feelings in them at least :)
  • edited January 2011
    Psssst......Sky Mod 4 & 7 are bots....well, defo no human feelings in them at least :)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Just for that ALL games are now going to be rebuys:)))
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: poker bot seen on youtube.... : Just for that ALL games are now going to be rebuys:)))
    Posted by Sky_Mod4

Well looking at the lobby somedays, I thought they already were!
  • edited January 2011
    I have come across quite a few bots at lower cash stakes that must of been
     programmed to chase any flush draw and lose all the time!

Jacko don't buy one of those ones ;)