You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Should we listen to their advice?

2»

Comments

• edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Should we listen to their advice?:
    OK Guys, that's it. Next case! See you toinight, in PTP. x
    Posted by Tikay10

hiya m8 u in 7pm deepy by any chance

dtw
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Should we listen to their advice? :     hiya m8 u in 7pm deepy by any chance    dtw
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    No - but I will be in 30 seconds.....

See you later!
  • edited September 2009
    Tikay, you are the jewel in sky's crown without question. No one needs to be dismembered this way, joking or not, on a public forum. You didn't need to explain yourself to most of us but chose to set the record straight. Very honourable in my opinion. Has anyone checked tikay's wikipedia page? The man has accomplished more in life and in poker than most of us could dream of achieving. My poker knowledge has improved immeasurably since the start of sky poker and purely because of the presenters and analysts. Dont feed the fish is an expression used a lot in poker but we should be grateful we are all fed daily. 
  • edited September 2009
    The problem with checking these stats on sharkscope is, some players use a different alias on different sites
    But if I'm using Sharkscope on you then I only care, and have access to, the data on your Sky Poker ID.  Also other disciplines of poker are irrelevant when playing NLHE.  I'm sure if I played Omaha Hi-Lo then I would look like a total fish but you can't base that read on my NLHE game where I am only a marginal fish :)
    In PTP Cash Games, as you all know, when I get a big hand, or flop a set, I type in the Chat-Box "BIG HAND ALERT". Folks frequently ignore that, but I do it all the time, & never falsify the situation.  I also "show" every single winning hand, except Bluffs - I consider it commercially improper to "stick it in the eye" of our Clients, so I rarely Show bluffs. I do bluff on occasion, of course.
    Actually I think this is unacceptable Tikay.  Surely that players that sit down and play with you want to do so because you are the site number one 'celebrity' player, they want you to play them with you A-game and if they get beat then at least they have a story that the guy from the TV beat my AA with a flopped set or something.

Say you flopped a set, someone has an overpair...you ship it in and then type in BIG HAND ALERT...they fold knowing that you are an honest guy and probably have them beat.  Now what if I had been sat in the seat that you were in, I woulda stacked the guy, not only affecting the stacks but also the whole table dynamic from here on in.

Basically tikay, while I realise that you are playing the PTP account the way you do for genuine reasons, I still think that your playing style should stay the same.
    whilst the different Tables are popping up incessently. (They pop-up VERY fast in 6 Seater Format)
    This is a very weird glitch in the software I feel.  I use firefox and multi-table.  For some reason last week the tables were popping up as you described, and then the next day, they stopped doing it and it was back to normal.  Maybe something you could ask the tech guys cos I have heard a few people complain about this.

• edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Should we listen to their advice? : Correct. But once it was in the domain, I had to have right of reply.
    Posted by Tikay10
    100% agree with you tk and i wasn't suggesting you didn't as i said it was just naivety on flashes part that caused this,since then you have provided all your personal info of your br on each account im just sorry you had to EVEN IF YOU DON'T MIND.A lot of us see the bigger picture and we apprieciate all the HOUR'S you put in on this site/forum which is probably more than a full time job.Also would like to mention rich, mich and james just incase they dont see or reply in this thread they are all good players in their own right and play a big part also in the sky poker community.
  • edited September 2009
    Anybody else think that it's time to close this thread?
  • edited September 2009
    Anybody with a bit of intution can gather TK has made a success of Poker. Whether or not he's doing well on Sky now or not (even though his claims suggest he is) isn't that important in the grand scheme of things. A two year swing for TK after a life of poker profits is no biggie.

Personally I think TK's advice is 10 years old and he should be more aggressive but it's hardly my place to say anything!
  • edited September 2009

Scortty,

I take your point about the "BIG HAND ALERT" thing. you are, in a way, right.

But I do it for a reason. I'm not here to bust people, or to go bust, I'm here to chill with the Players - many of whom are now friends - & to try, in the case of the newer, less experienced, players - to maybe try & help them a bit with their game.

My normal style (away from Sky Poker) is to trap players, my MO is the check-rasise, sometimes with Air, sometimes with the nuts. All things considered, I don't think that's the optimum way to play at a PTP Table. The idea is not really for the PTP-ers to bust players.

Treading the fine line between busting them, & getting busted, is not that easy. but it's worked out fine so far, & I don't plan to change yet awhile.

But I do see your point. We all use different means to coach/mentor/teach.

I'd really like this thread to die down, everything that needs to be said has been said.

Feel free, anyone, to use the PM Service if I can clarify anything further.
  • edited September 2009
    Posted by KnackersYa
    Not only closed but also removed.
  • edited September 2009
    Posted by KnackersYa
    I think so. MODS!
  • edited September 2009

whilst the different Tables are popping up incessently. (They pop-up VERY fast in 6 Seater Format)

".....This is a very weird glitch in the software I feel.  I use firefox and multi-table.  For some reason last week the tables were popping up as you described, and then the next day, they stopped doing it and it was back to normal.  Maybe something you could ask the tech guys cos I have heard a few people complain about this...."

I did not explain that properly.

Simply, if I am 3 Tabling on 6 Seater Tables, my turn comes round VERY fast, so trying to answer long, "open" questions is particularly difficult.
  • edited September 2009
    TK has made good points about the vunerabillity of sharkscope. Thread should stay put but locked IMO.
  • edited September 2009

ALERT..ALERT..ALERT.......

THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED..........
  • edited September 2009
    hey guys,

after a few calls... this thread is now closed. as tikay states if anyone wants any further clarification please feel free to use the private messaging service. (click contact .... - that appears underneath every post except your own!)

Rich