You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

about wining the the TSP MTT

2»

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Well done Stan on your win. 

I find it a bit confusing as to exactly what being a TSP member gets you, but as someone above said you don,t have to be a nosebleed cash player to get into these things and you,ve proved that

You have proved you have a good game in MTT,s and whatever you decide good luck with it

ps - I hope you don,t think that (as someone above suggested) you are in any way inferior to these players (TSP).  You,ve earnt your place fair and square , just as they did and the ones I have met in person are top ppl and good ambassadors for Sky.
  • edited January 2011

December 31st, I was 28th in the mtt league and keeping a close eye on the other players around the bubble.

There was one player just outside the top 30 who logged on during the day and became extremely active.

This player was multi tabling a number of tourneys across the board including racking up points on 60p roulette multi tourneys.

At one time I noticed he was registered in something like 6 tourneys , it looked like he wasn't going to quit until he made the top 30.

This proved to be the case, as I think he only logged off when he was in 29th.

I thought 'fairplay to the bloke', he obviously wants the TSP spot badly and he took advantage of the other players around the bubble, who were nowhere near as active as him on the last day.

I made a note of the players name because I wanted to see if his last day effort would be rewarded, the players name was......................... Solidstan1

Which leaves me somewhat surprised at some of the comments made by Solidstan1 today.

I would like to say, very well done Solidstan1, your dedication in ensuring you made the final 30 was impressive, you then started the final as one of the shortstacks with just 4000 chips, no problem, you won and deserve the opportunity to represent us all over at least the next 3 months.

Maybe you didn't realise what you were getting into, just figured being in the top 30 sounded like something that would be worthwhile.

I wouldn't worry about the £700 cash, by winning you can look at is as getting £1000 + in entry fees with the potential to win £1,000's.

I would imagine you will also gain priceless experience, along with free of charge advice from some quality people, so you can't really lose, you are going to win some cash and your game is going to improve considerably all for the bargain price of £700!

Good luck and enjoy an opportunity that may never come round again!

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: about wining the the TSP MTT:
    In Response to Re: about wining the the TSP MTT : Hi Tony, Hope your well mate. I do understand your post, but I maintain that (as has been shown here) the prize is the TSP place. What would happen then if they get down to heads up and neither player wanted the team place. I also think that the level of cash prizes is HUGE compared to the size of the field, in each of the finals. This not me having a go at Sky Poker, (again), rather me playing devil's advocate against the feeling of players not wanting to be in the team or understanding the whole process.   col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    I always get myself into trouble when I try to play devils advocate !

Your point about people not understanding the whole process is very true, it was November when I first read the T and Cs. Only then did I realise I couldnt play in both the STT and MTT finals and also that chipstacks would vary according to league position.

And even now I have not read exactly what the main prize consists of, only what I have picked up in the forum. I understand that it includes entry to one GUKPT event which  obviously is attractive to me but may not be so for everybody. And that my cash for points would be doubled ? Not a lot of use to me , even when busy playing lots of tournys I am lucky to make 4000 points a month. Free entries to online tournaments would be good though.

I think Sky could have done better in making all of the info available in one place, because I am sure that others have not picked it all up.

Having said that, the attraction to me was the kudos of making it into TSP, and the live event entry so any cash would only have been a small consolation.

People have said in the forum that there was chat on the final tables about not playing for the win. I didnt see this myself but if it did happen I would put some of it down to players trying to imply that winning was not important to them, so it didnt feel so bad when they lost

I dont believe anyone got into the MTT or STT final without making a lot of extra effort to amass the points, so they surely were aiming to win. Most of the posts on here that say they would have preferred the £750 to winning are from people who were not actually playing in it.

I would be interested to hear from any of the final tablers who can honestly say they deliberately played for the cash.

I dont agree that the prize money is huge, it isnt compared to the amount of effort people have made to get there at all. However maybe the runners up cash of £750 is too close to some peoples perceived value of the main prize. Maybe it would be better if top 6 or 8 each got £200 ? That would encourage a better final table.

As for Stan, I hope that some of his doubts are just down to fear of making a fool of himself playing a big event. I understand the current TSP being kept on for the next period, and as they are all nice guys I am sure they will get right behind you, Stan.

But it would be good if you got out and about and played a bit more live !

Back to work now, need to get some MTT league points tonight.

Tony

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: about wining the the TSP MTT : I would be interested to hear from any of the final tablers who can honestly say they deliberately played for the cash.
    Posted by penguin7

I totally played for second.
  • edited January 2011
    really like Penguins suggestion

Scrap money for 7/8th.

Places 2-6 all get 400 each.  That means those who want the cash can just sit out without missing out on prize money..  Then hopefully you will have 2/3/4 at the table who will actually want the seat an play for it.

• edited January 2011
    There were numerous players playing for the cash in both mtt & stt.  They said so openly in the chat and were agreeing to just sit out if they made HU
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: about wining the the TSP MTT : Hi Small Dog, To put the record straight for you, 1. I'm entitled to my opinions and, as most of the Sky Poker staff know, will say what i think, not out of jealousy or envy. 2. I've played here from the start and would give some, non vital, body parts to represent Sky Poker. 3. The reason I won't qualify is down to bankroll. 4. Most tournament only payout the top 10/15% of the field, but not in this case, where 7/8 players got a money prize(out of a field of 30). I would and do accept Sky's rules, but even if I could afford to get into the top thirty, if i didn't want a place i wouldn't take part in the final. Just how i feel sorry. Finally, I totally agree with your last bit, as I would be gutted to hear that if I had just missed out. Regards col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    mr mbro, i was not trying to say you are not allowed an opinion. i was just voicing mine and by no means was this pointed towards you. I just feel this was a unique even that has been devalued by people not playing ftw. big shame and i re-iterate i hop this does not put sky off similar promotions in the future.
  • edited January 2011

what a great thread this is ,
     everyone giving ideas & opinions no one is nasty to one another .
     all listening & gentlemenly/lady like conversing .
     wd all /> />>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

bunch of know alls lol .
  • edited January 2011
    Hi guys, Thanks to all for your kind words of support. I had said in chat during game that 2nd prize was enough for me. However it was when I got to heads up and had an instant decision to make, and many people in chat ask how I could not want a chance in a life time prize, It was then I decided to let the cards decide, even tho I still did not think I was gona win it.
    Now the game has been won, I dont think I have a choice, gota give this a go, and hope it goes well.  Winning such a massive prize still has not quite sunk in,dont wana let down TSP guys, but also dont wana let down sky poker, its all thats going through my head at the moment, but it helps to have the support of you forum guys.
    Just finished work, very tired, be hitting the tables tomorrow..

Thanks again..

• edited January 2011
    Hi guys, Thanks to all for your kind words of support. I had said in chat during game that 2nd prize was enough for me. However it was when I got to heads up and had an instant decision to make, and many people in chat ask how I could not want a chance in a life time prize, It was then I decided to let the cards decide, even tho I still did not think I was gona win it. Now the game has been won, I dont think I have a choice, gota give this a go, and hope it goes well.  Winning such a massive prize still has not quite sunk in,dont wana let down TSP guys, but also dont wana let down sky poker, its all thats going through my head at the moment, but it helps to have the support of you forum guys. Just finished work, very tired, be hitting the tables tomorrow.. Thanks again..  
    Posted by SolidStan1
    Hi Stan,
    Well done last night, and don't worry about letting Sky Poker down, im sure that wont happen.
    Enjoy the experience and good luck
    Col