You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Congrats to the 3 new Sky Poker Team Members. Or is it?

2»

Comments

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Congrats to the 3 new Sky Poker Team Members. Or is it?:
    I have to admit that I felt sickened and angry at some of the conversations I saw in the chatboxes of all the 3 final tables and I truly hope that those conversations are pulled and read by the powers that be. I also hope that for the next one, all the players in the finals are checked out first and are only allowed in if they are genuinely after the top prize. I'll apologise now if it seems strong, but when you see the players like Nutter (sorry Nuts for naming you here) who really want this and then have to see the shananigins in the chatbox that I saw, then you may agree there has to be a better way.
    Posted by SUPERNOVA
    I too watched much of the last hour and a half of the 3 finals and agree with Sharon that some of what was being said in the chatboxes was very dis-tasteful to say the least.  This is not what you should expect from any group who are trying to join a well respected (by the community) team representing Sky Poker at a high level.  I was very disappointed.  I'm sure that none of this will have gone unnoticed by Sky!
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Congrats to the 3 new Sky Poker Team Members. Or is it? : i agree was party to a convo on my table where a observer asked all 6 players who wanted first prize out of 6 only 2 said yes off which i was one im not nameing names but its wrong i think it should be no cash for lower places maybe give them league points for the next league
    Posted by sara36dd08
    Yeah,  I watched your table for most of the comp being a fellow knight. Not nice but hopefully it will all get read.

• edited January 2011
    I think that Penguin7s suggestion on another thread is by far the best way to deal with this in the future.

Scrap money for 7/8th.

Places 2-6 all get 400 each.  That means those who want the cash can just sit out without missing out on prize money..  Then hopefully you will have 2/3/4 at the table who will actually want the seat an play for it.
  • edited January 2011
    I think that Penguin7s suggestion on another thread is by far the best way to deal with this in the future. Scrap money for 7/8th. Places 2-6 all get 400 each.  That means those who want the cash can just sit out without missing out on prize money..  Then hopefully you will have 2/3/4 at the table who will actually want the seat an play for it.
    Posted by scotty77
    wow i agree with scotty  help
  • edited January 2011
    no just put it all to the winners live bankroll. then we have people who actually want to win the damn thing because there's no other option :)
  • edited January 2011
    no just put it all to the winners live bankroll. then we have people who actually want to win the damn thing because there's no other option :)
    Posted by pryce6
    agree with that idea as well
  • edited January 2011
    WD all who qualified.

Couldn't the 30 players from each category be put into 1 pot and drawn out on one of the shows (FA Cup style) - perhaps on the Thursday show to get interest from the Sky Sports viewers too?

That would mix everyone up and create more balanced fields.  Perhaps the top player from each, as they get more chips, could be entered into each separate tourney to give them a seeding as such for their efforts over the 3 months.  Then, I agree with the other suggestion, money for 6th onwards only.
  • edited January 2011
    Posted by pryce6
    +1 A winner takes all tourny would rectify any problems,without a doubt
  • edited January 2011
    WD all who qualified. Couldn't the 30 players from each category be put into 1 pot and drawn out on one of the shows (FA Cup style) - perhaps on the Thursday show to get interest from the Sky Sports viewers too? That would mix everyone up and create more balanced fields.  Perhaps the top player from each, as they get more chips, could be entered into each separate tourney to give them a seeding as such for their efforts over the 3 months.  Then, I agree with the other suggestion, money for 6th onwards only.
    Posted by phil12uk
    This is a very interesting idea imo!

• edited January 2011
    as long as the draw isn't done by 3 randoms from the armed forces that would be cool!!!

• edited January 2011
    as long as the draw isn't done by 3 randoms from the armed forces that would be cool!!!
    Posted by scotty77
    They looked less comfortable than Tikay when he's presenting one of them TSP shows lol
  • edited January 2011
    Posted by scotty77
    Couldn't help but shout abuse at the guy in the sailors outfit, not sure if he heard me or not but made me laugh!

p.s Much liking Phil's idea, because I would prefer to see 3 groups but mixed, so this would be ideal.
  • edited January 2011
    Posted by pryce6
     + 2
  • edited January 2011
    Posted by scotty77
    I felt for the Army guy.

'He has the most important job of all, emptying the balls from the velvet bag.'

• edited January 2011
    WD all who qualified. Couldn't the 30 players from each category be put into 1 pot and drawn out on one of the shows (FA Cup style) - perhaps on the Thursday show to get interest from the Sky Sports viewers too? That would mix everyone up and create more balanced fields.  Perhaps the top player from each, as they get more chips, could be entered into each separate tourney to give them a seeding as such for their efforts over the 3 months.  Then, I agree with the other suggestion, money for 6th onwards only.
    Posted by phil12uk
    Great idea, makes good viewing and the tension would anticipation about who would be in your group would build for a great show.  Orford and Tikay for drawing the balls.

Big +1 from me on this one
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Congrats to the 3 new Sky Poker Team Members. Or is it? : Donny he has stated already he has 2 children so not the travelling i assume its, leaving family, cost of travel etc(which wont make up in C4P), i actually think for us micros only people who are willing to pay travel expenses etc of their own back and not to bothered about c4p cos £700 is probably greater value(other then tourney entry) although i would join tomorrow if asked.........
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    I, having won a seat on tsp, didnt quite know what i was playing for to be honest.... only for a seat on tsp... when asked by family how much i won i said ive been enter into a 1k tournament and not really sure what else.. there response was how much did 2nd get and how much money did u get.imo i just think 1st place should of got cash aswell tsp, this way people would play to win
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Congrats to the 3 new Sky Poker Team Members. Or is it? : I, having won a seat on tsp, didnt quite know what i was playing for to be honest.... only for a seat on tsp... when asked by family how much i won i said ive been enter into a 1k tournament and not really sure what else.. there response was how much did 2nd get and how much money did u get.imo i just think 1st place should of got cash aswell tsp, this way people would play to win
    Posted by ROBBIEROTT
    I, as i'm sure countless others will, quite happily give you £700 in exchange for the seat on TSP

If you can't work out just what you have won is worth, that's not really Sky's fault
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Congrats to the 3 new Sky Poker Team Members. Or is it? : I, as i'm sure countless others will, quite happily give you £700 in exchange for the seat on TSP If you can't work out just what you have won is worth, that's not really Sky's fault
    Posted by SHANXTA
    no im chuffed to bits to what i have won , i think you mis understood my response, it just wasnt clear from the start to exactly what the winners get's thats why there was a lot of nonsense in the chat boxes
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Congrats to the 3 new Sky Poker Team Members. Or is it? : no im chuffed to bits to what i have won , i think you mis understood my response, it just wasnt clear from the start to exactly what the winners get's thats why there was a lot of nonsense in the chat boxes
    Posted by ROBBIEROTT
    ok, but to be fair it was all outlined in the t & c's under Team Sky Poker,

it was also bought up on the forum a month or so ago when i believe it was Freechips1 askin for info, and Irishrover put all the info up
  • edited January 2011
    So those are won are now part of team sky right? so what do they get? do sky just enter them into tournaments an shi t? its all abit confusing lol
  • edited January 2011
    Why not have the top 30 from each section play together in the final and top 3 get tsp?? That would make it alot fairer imo.
    Posted by donkeyplop
    I like this too
    I also think the points system needs a serious overhaul..... Can't be fair someone playing £20nl getting the same points as someone playing £100nl.  Can't be fair someone playing £1 DYM's or £1 RR and paying £200odd in rake with little risk to get a shot at something with the same (or better) chance as someone playing 5-8 hrs every day and raking £4k+
    I absolutely agree this should be open to all players but it just seems there are 3 distinct categories and the category with the people putting in the hours, earning Sky the money, with the best overall poker players (?), and that will create the awareness for Sky on the live circuit, and that will make best use of a TSP place are the ones given the least chance of qualifying.
    It wouldn't be so gaulling if the guys in the other 2 tournies actually wanted the prize or even knew what they were playing for. I'm obviously not talking about the nutters and penguins and all the guys who really worked hard to get in the game and really wanted the win.  But when i'm grinding on New Years Eve til just before goin out to get sloshed to ensure i make top 30 it's a kick in the teeth to hear all these guys wanting the cash or not even knowing what they're playing for. 

I think the TSP concept is rele awesome and Sky must be praised greatly for what they're doing.  Hats off to em.  But i hope they also take on board some of the ideas generated through these threads.

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Congrats to the 3 new Sky Poker Team Members. Or is it? : I like this too I also think the points system needs a serious overhaul..... Can't be fair someone playing £20nl getting the same points as someone playing £100nl.  Can't be fair someone playing £1 DYM's or £1 RR and paying £200odd in rake with little risk to get a shot at something with the same (or better) chance as someone playing 5-8 hrs every day and raking £4k+ I absolutely agree this should be open to all players but it just seems there are 3 distinct categories and the category with the people putting in the hours, earning Sky the money, with the best overall poker players (?), and that will create the awareness for Sky on the live circuit, and that will make best use of a TSP place are the ones given the least chance of qualifying. It wouldn't be so gaulling if the guys in the other 2 tournies actually wanted the prize or even knew what they were playing for. I'm obviously not talking about the nutters and penguins and all the guys who really worked hard to get in the game and really wanted the win.  But when i'm grinding on New Years Eve til just before goin out to get sloshed to ensure i make top 30 it's a kick in the teeth to hear all these guys wanting the cash or not even knowing what they're playing for.  I think the TSP concept is rele awesome and Sky must be praised greatly for what they're doing.  Hats off to em.  But i hope they also take on board some of the ideas generated through these threads.
    Posted by cottlad
    agreed, which is why we have found reg cash players shifting over to stt/mtt play for a better chance. the edge for a player in the cash tourny is mi-nute and basically you have to run hot to win it because everyone is of a similar skill (not completely obv)