You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is Sky Poker doing enough to promote Omaha?

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat
It's a real struggle to get enough players together for a good game of Omaha/hi-lo.

Should Sky Poker being showing more omaha on the TV?

Is Omaha worth showing on the TV?

Personally, I recently discovered omaha and I bloomin' well love it.

Comments

• edited January 2011
    What's Omaha ?????????

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Is Sky Poker doing enough to promote Omaha?:
    What's Omaha ?????????               
    Posted by goodylad21
    I think it is somewhere in the USA, i think? xxx ;o)
  • edited January 2011
    Apparently the shows software will not display omaha.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Is Sky Poker doing enough to promote Omaha?:
    It's a real struggle to get enough players together for a good game of Omaha/hi-lo. Should Sky Poker being showing more omaha on the TV? Is Omaha worth showing on the TV? Personally, I recently discovered omaha and I bloomin' well love it.
    Posted by MrLinuxSir
    Hi

I dont think they have the software to show Omaha, and, unfortuntely, there never seems to be enough interest in watching Omaha.
  • edited January 2011
    If the software can show two cards then can't it be programmed to show four?

If they show it, more people become aware of it therefore more people will play it?

Surely?
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Is Sky Poker doing enough to promote Omaha? : I think it is somewhere in the USA, i think? xxx ;o)
    Posted by debdobs_67
    R U sure ?.......could have sworn it was a motorbike.
  • edited January 2011
    Apparently the shows software will not display omaha.
    Posted by -Dino66-
    I know this was a problem before when they were using the 3-d software but can't see why it would be now.

Come on Sky, show some Omaha cash!
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Is Sky Poker doing enough to promote Omaha? : R U sure ?.......could have sworn it was a motorbike.
    Posted by billyboots
    Sorry...my mistake......I remember now....

It's one of those electric organ thingies.

• edited January 2011
    Omaha freerolls have been suggested countless times to try and take the game to people.

Like every good idea though, if it does not come from a sky poker love child, then nobody at sky gives a fuckk.
  • edited January 2011
    Problem is that Omaha doesn't apply to the masses so i guess sky won't benefit from showing it
    right now..................
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Is Sky Poker doing enough to promote Omaha?:
    It's a real struggle to get enough players together for a good game of Omaha/hi-lo. Should Sky Poker being showing more omaha on the TV? Is Omaha worth showing on the TV? Personally, I recently discovered omaha and I bloomin' well love it.
    Posted by MrLinuxSir
    Hi MrLinux.

The correct answer is probably "no", but we did try, & there did not seem to be much interest.

It's not currently likely that we will Televise it, either - not enough people understand it, to be honest, & it is, & always will be, a minority interest, & we are obliged to cater for the majority on 865.

Personally, if I had to decide to play one only ONE format of Online Poker for evermore, I'd play PL Hi-Lo, but life ain't like that, I'm afraid. Pot Limit is a thing of exquisite beauty & skill, imo.

BUT......

If you ever fancy some Hi-Lo Cash or Tourneys, just Post a Thread up, & if I'm Online (& I am most nights) & not playing more than 2 or three Tourneys, I'm ALWAYS up for some Hi-Lo. And once I sit at a Hi-Lo Table, the boys smell the value, & the Table soon fills.

Over to you, Mr Linux. Careful though, I can read you like an open book. Or source......
  • edited January 2011
    Thanks Tikay. I'll keep an eye out for you.

I only found PLOHL recently and have been bitten by the bug. I find it far more entertaining and demanding than hold'em. My logic is if more people are exposed to it then maybe more will get hooked like me. I hate to say it but the struggle to find plo games on sky might drive those of us who do play it to other sites.

Also, is it worth thinking about having lower buy-in DYMs etc to attract new players.

If you're ever in the Portsmouth area then give me a shout, the doors always open and the kettles ready and waiting. I could use a few lessons from the master ;o). I know of at least one other chap in the area (Stupendous) who I'm sure would be up for a game of PLO.

Nice ref to Open Source. Rock on!
  • edited January 2011
    Thanks Tikay. I'll keep an eye out for you. I only found PLOHL recently and have been bitten by the bug. I find it far more entertaining and demanding than hold'em. My logic is if more people are exposed to it then maybe more will get hooked like me. I hate to say it but the struggle to find plo games on sky might drive those of us who do play it to other sites. Also, is it worth thinking about having lower buy-in DYMs etc to attract new players. If you're ever in the Portsmouth area then give me a shout, the doors always open and the kettles ready and waiting. I could use a few lessons from the master ;o). I know of at least one other chap in the area (Stupendous) who I'm sure would be up for a game of PLO. Nice ref to Open Source. Rock on!
    Posted by MrLinuxSir
    Glad at least one person noticed the "open source" gag!

I'll be Online most of this Evening, so as soon as I'm out of most of my Tourneys, (I'm playing the 8pm, 8.30pm, & 9pm ones) I'll be on the Hi-Lo Tables. Let me know what Blind Levels you are comfy with, & I'll sit in accordingly.

If I'm already playing another Hi-Lo Table, come find me, & I'll come across to your Table. I'll be playing as "tikay1" tonight.
  • edited January 2011
    Cheers tikay,

I tend to stick to the low blinds at the moments being a novice and all that. I'll be on around 9pm once we've go tthe kids to bed.

Laters
  • edited January 2011
    Cheers tikay, I tend to stick to the low blinds at the moments being a novice and all that. I'll be on around 9pm once we've go tthe kids to bed. Laters
    Posted by MrLinuxSir
    Low blinds, fine by me. We play da pokerz for da funz!

I need to play the bulk of my Tourneys before I start Hi-Lo, so I may be late. Then again, maybe not.

By the bye, when I multi-Table Hi-Lo, I struggle to chat at the Table, too much going on, I hope you understand.
  • edited January 2011
    Ooooooo nice one Linux...and welcome!!!

I've been meaning to start a thread on this for a while now but like everything it's one of those 'i'll get round to it soon' jobbies!!!!

Anyway...I was wondering if Tikay could ask the suits to change one of the daily freerolls to omaha..this will allow more people to become familier to the basics and subtleties of the game without costing them anything but poker points....

Worth asking IMO

xx
  • edited January 2011
    @Tikay - no worries, I know the score. I struggle to chat when I'm playing at one table let alone multi......

@Trip5 - I think the freeroll idea is an excellent one and worth pushing for.
  • edited January 2011
    Ooooooo nice one Linux...and welcome!!! I've been meaning to start a thread on this for a while now but like everything it's one of those 'i'll get round to it soon' jobbies!!!! Anyway...I was wondering if Tikay could ask the suits to change one of the daily freerolls to omaha..this will allow more people to become familier to the basics and subtleties of the game without costing them anything but poker points.... Worth asking IMO xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    A remarkable & uncharacteristically good idea from you Miss Manky.

Remind me Monday, & I'll send it upstairs.

PS - Please PM me your e-Addy, or write to me "elsewhere", as I cant cope with the volume of PM's on this Community software, sorry.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Is Sky Poker doing enough to promote Omaha? : A remarkable & uncharacteristically good idea from you Miss Manky. Remind me Monday, & I'll send it upstairs. PS - Please PM me your e-Addy, or write to me "elsewhere", as I cant cope with the volume of PM's on this Community software, sorry.
    Posted by Tikay10

Been waiting to send you a PM for days now...was just waiting to read somewhere that you've 'caught up'

xx

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Is Sky Poker doing enough to promote Omaha? : Been waiting to send you a PM for days now...was just waiting to read somewhere that you've 'caught up' xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    Jeez, I wish.

But I need a "central address" to write & thank everyone for last Friday's amazing gesture, so I hoped to use you as the communication "spoke".

Honest to God, I nearly burst into tears. It was an extraordinary gesture, & I'll never forget it whilst I have breath in my body.

• edited January 2011
    Ooooooo nice one Linux...and welcome!!! I've been meaning to start a thread on this for a while now but like everything it's one of those 'i'll get round to it soon' jobbies!!!! Anyway...I was wondering if Tikay could ask the suits to change one of the daily freerolls to omaha..this will allow more people to become familier to the basics and subtleties of the game without costing them anything but poker points.... Worth asking IMO xx
    Posted by TRIP5

+1 n1 Irene,  have not played much Omaha this would be a good way to practice playing it to see if i like it or not
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Is Sky Poker doing enough to promote Omaha? : Jeez, I wish. But I need a "central address" to write & thank everyone for last Friday's amazing gesture, so I hoped to use you as the communication "spoke". Honest to God, I nearly burst into tears. It was an extraordinary gesture, & I'll never forget it whilst I have breath in my body.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    This and a few other posts on here lead me to believe things haven't been to good recently (?) I don't know so maybe I'm wrong. Would send you a PM but ... 1 of 9,043,451,885 ... lol. Keep well old bean & see ya again sooon :)
    (Yes Nosey may well be at an upcoming SPT...)

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Is Sky Poker doing enough to promote Omaha? : A remarkable & uncharacteristically good idea from you Miss Manky. Remind me Monday, & I'll send it upstairs. PS - Please PM me your e-Addy, or write to me "elsewhere", as I cant cope with the volume of PM's on this Community software, sorry.
    Posted by Tikay10
    emilyegg for the win (again)
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Is Sky Poker doing enough to promote Omaha? : This and a few other posts on here lead me to believe things haven't been to good recently (?) I don't know so maybe I'm wrong. Would send you a PM but ... 1 of 9,043,451,885 ... lol. Keep well old bean & see ya again sooon :) (Yes Nosey may well be at an upcoming SPT...)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    No, fine thanks Elliott. A bit uphill some days, downhill the next, you know how it is, but fine.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Is Sky Poker doing enough to promote Omaha? : Jeez, I wish. But I need a "central address" to write & thank everyone for last Friday's amazing gesture, so I hoped to use you as the communication "spoke". Honest to God, I nearly burst into tears. It was an extraordinary gesture, & I'll never forget it whilst I have breath in my body.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Not having a clue what this is about but I suddenly feel I've morphed into Hilda Ogden .......but on a serious note TK.....I know how this community can at times be so fickle, but one thing is for sure, you are the heartbeat and your wit and wisdom is a joy to behold.
    Hope everything is/will be ok Tony and thanks for everything that you do........Billy      
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Is Sky Poker doing enough to promote Omaha? : This and a few other posts on here lead me to believe things haven't been to good recently (?) I don't know so maybe I'm wrong. Would send you a PM but ... 1 of 9,043,451,885 ... lol. Keep well old bean & see ya again sooon :) (Yes Nosey may well be at an upcoming SPT...)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Hi Elliot

From reading a post of tikay,s, he has been his usual super busy self that he enjoys so much :)
  • edited January 2011
    Posted by Tikay10
    Iz it coz I iz LOUD innit????

Please check your out of community PM's innit!!!!...

xx

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Is Sky Poker doing enough to promote Omaha? : Not having a clue what this is about but I suddenly feel I've morphed into Hilda Ogden .......but on a serious note TK.....I know how this community can at times be so fickle, but one thing is for sure, you are the heartbeat and your wit and wisdom is a joy to behold. Hope everything is/will be ok Tony and thanks for everything that you do........Billy      
    Posted by billyboots
    +100000000000000000
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Is Sky Poker doing enough to promote Omaha? : +100000000000000000
    Posted by acebarry10
    Make that +1000000000001
  • edited January 2011
    Posted by Tikay10
    Irene is the hub of all TKP activity or as one of the geniuses on The Apprentice recently said, "She is the cog within our wheel" erm, well you get the idea.