You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SORT IT OUT SKY!!!

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat

Tommy, I think I love you, & we should have kids.

Who's gonna be Mum?

Comments

• edited January 2011
    I'm sick and tired of this rain.  The weekend has just got here and it's thunder this and lightning that.  I'm serious sky, if you don't stop all this wetness soon I won't use you anymore.  I'll leave all my lights on all day, I won't acknowledge the shirts of Man City or Coventry, I won't look up.

Ok, I'm now going to stand on my roof and shake my fist at you for a bit.

SORT IT OUT SKY!!!!

SATIRE

On a serious note guys, can we limit the requests to change everything instantly on this board.  There are intelligent and more productive ways to go about suggesting changes.  In the dedicated forum perhaps or if you have a problem then try Customer Services first.  And if things don't change in a week, don't go off on one.  SkyPoker is one of the very few sites that actually give the community a voice.  Please let's not abuse it.
  • edited January 2011
    Tommy why did you ruin your post with a serious message?:)

No satirical threads please, unless they are started by Solly!:)
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: SORT IT OUT SKY!!!:
    Tommy, I think I love you, & we should have kids. Who's gonna be Mum?
    Posted by Tikay10
    I will be as long as I can be the stay at home.  All this 2 months a year work is a bit too much for us teachers...
  • edited January 2011
    Tommy why did you ruin your post with a serious message?:) No satirical threads please, unless they are started by Solly!:)
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    lol  Quite simply Greg I was trying to avoid it being moved to the Shed for a bit.

Something I've been feeling for a while, the forum has become a bit of a pinata lately with people smacking it with a ton of negativity.  This should be a great place for banter, brags, funny moans and calling Phil a luckbox.  Some negative threads are expected and frankly needed to keep the balance  I just think we need to try and pull it back a bit.
  • edited January 2011
    Im with ya tommy, although, i was guilty of starting a thread recently which some could say was negative. (it wasnt imo) But, i feel very strongly about that issue, and the 90+ posts show others do too.

More Phil12uk is a luckbox threads please!!!

Less of the other stuff innit.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: SORT IT OUT SKY!!! : lol  Quite simply Greg I was trying to avoid it being moved to the Shed for a bit. Something I've been feeling for a while, the forum has become a bit of a pinata lately with people smacking it with a ton of negativity.  This should be a great place for banter, brags, funny moans and calling Phil a luckbox.  Some negative threads are expected and frankly needed to keep the balance  I just think we need to try and pull it back a bit.
    Posted by TommyD
    And THAT is why I love him.

There's a bit of a disconnect between the whole design purpose of the Community, & what people think it is. THIS is our Community, where we have da funz, Customer Care is over there />>>>>>>

Hence, & with great sadness, I now spend less time on here, as my life is ticking away while I repeatedly read "SORT IT OUT SKY". If I wanted to be nagged, I'd marry Irene.* 

* Some parts of this Post may be a slight fib. 
  • edited January 2011
    Im with ya tommy, although, i was guilty of starting a thread recently which some could say was negative. (it wasnt imo) But, i feel very strongly about that issue, and the 90+ posts show others do too. More Phil12uk is a luckbox threads please!!! Less of the other stuff innit.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    That the one with the snappy 15 line Thread title?
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: SORT IT OUT SKY!!! : That the one with the snappy 15 line Thread title?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ye that one...

Irishrover told me that was the best way to grab attention!:)
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: SORT IT OUT SKY!!! : And THAT is why I love him. There's a bit of a disconnect between the whole design purpose of the Community, & what people think it is. THIS is our Community, where we have da funz, Customer Care is over there /> />>>>>> Hence, & with great sadness, I now spend less time on here, as my life is ticking away while I repeatedly read "SORT IT OUT SKY". If I wanted to be nagged, I'd marry Irene.*  * Some parts of this Post may be a slight fib. 
    Posted by Tikay10

Eat your soup...put onions in everything-they're great for diets....smoke less..sleep more..start referring to Orford as 'er in doors' and get a personal dresser!!!

Cheaper than a wedding and just as naggy...I like it :oD

xx

• edited January 2011
    Thank god for that. I saw in the main index "SORT IT OUT SKY" and entered this forum all ready to launch an attack, and then saw TommyD was the poster. Aren't you a teacher, Tommy? How much to go into Area 51 and sort out the 6 year olds? ;-)
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: SORT IT OUT SKY!!! : Ye that one... Irishrover told me that was the best way to grab attention!:)
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Well he my be right, but it don't work for me.

Winston Churchill was a great writer & orater. He strongly believed that to capture people's attention, you use SHORT Sentences. And SHORT words. And SNAPPY titles. OK, I lied about snappy titles. That's just my thinking.

I never open Threads which have those bizarrely long titles - I have no need, the Post is in the title! Seems a bit pointless to me.

So I'm sorry, but your thread may have 90 replies, but not from me, as I've not opened it.

Sorry, it's just how I roll.

BIG thanks for last Friday. e-Mail to follow soon.

• edited January 2011
    In Response to SORT IT OUT SKY!!!:
    I'm sick and tired of this rain.  The weekend has just got here and it's thunder this and lightning that.  I'm serious sky, if you don't stop all this wetness soon I won't use you anymore.  I'll leave all my lights on all day, I won't acknowledge the shirts of Man City or Coventry, I won't look up. Ok, I'm now going to stand on my roof and shake my fist at you for a bit. SORT IT OUT SKY!!!! SATIRE On a serious note guys, can we limit the requests to change everything instantly on this board.  There are intelligent and more productive ways to go about suggesting changes.  In the dedicated forum perhaps or if you have a problem then try Customer Services first.  And if things don't change in a week, don't go off on one.  SkyPoker is one of the very few sites that actually give the community a voice.  Please let's not abuse it.
    Posted by TommyD
    I hope This doesnt come accross as paranoid or serious but iv just checked all my posts and approx 6% is negative,   Would this be a good balance or should I be aiming for !% negative?,  I would favour 4% negative 69% possative 20% friendly sarcastic and 6% foot in mouth. 1% suck up to skypoker.

:)
    peter
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: SORT IT OUT SKY!!! : Well he my be right, but it don't work for me. Winston Churchill was a great writer & orater. He strongly believed that to capture people's attention, you use SHORT Sentences. And SHORT words. And SNAPPY titles. OK, I lied about snappy titles. That's just my thinking. I never open Threads which have those bizarrely long titles - I have no need, the Post is in the title! Seems a bit pointless to me. So I'm sorry, but your thread may have 90 replies, but not from me, as I've not opened it. Sorry, it's just how I roll. BIG thanks for last Friday. e-Mail to follow soon.
    Posted by Tikay10

PASS !
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: SORT IT OUT SKY!!! : Well he my be right, but it don't work for me. Winston Churchill was a great writer & orater. He strongly believed that to capture people's attention, you use SHORT Sentences. And SHORT words. And SNAPPY titles. OK, I lied about snappy titles. That's just my thinking. I never open Threads which have those bizarrely long titles - I have no need, the Post is in the title! Seems a bit pointless to me. So I'm sorry, but your thread may have 90 replies, but not from me, as I've not opened it. Sorry, it's just how I roll. BIG thanks for last Friday. e-Mail to follow soon.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Dressing up as you was great fun! glad you liked it! and i got a spare manbag now!:)

If i change the title to 2 syllables will you skim read it? actually, on second thoughts, you prob shouldn't it will tilt u, 75% of the posts on that thread were mine lol.

• edited January 2011
    thought you two had a kid and you named your son rich orford ??
  • edited January 2011
    Im with ya tommy, although, i was guilty of starting a thread recently which some could say was negative. (it wasnt imo) But, i feel very strongly about that issue, and the 90+ posts show others do too.More Phil12uk is a luckbox threads please!!! Less of the other stuff innit.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    It's a question of tone Greg.  I know and am very glad you feel passionate about that issue.  But IMO you started the thread in combative mood from the OP.  It's like knocking on a door and saying 'I'm here for an argument.'  (My 2nd Monty Python reference in this thread, Yay!).  I know there are 90+ posts on that thread but not many are too constructive, in fact a few are just continuing feuds.  The highlight of the thread is Jakally's contribution, a quite splendid case put forward on many points and done so in a calm, intelligent and classy way.

I'm not digging you out mate, you knows I lovez ya!  I think you're a great poster on the forum, it's all good mate.  Anyway it's not just that thread, there have been quite a number of late.

Let's make this place fun!  It's our house after all.

P.S.  I think there's a correlation between hitting your flush draw and being Welsh.  Was watching Dai and Dyl a little while ago and they're not missing.  I would also suggest Phil checks his family tree for unknown Cardiff relatives...
  • edited January 2011
    I refute ever being a luckbox and am also fed up with the rain!!!!!!

How on earth can I enjoy my 2 breaktimes and lunch break each day with kids staying inside the classroom?

The weather better have improved in 5 weeks so the next holiday can be enjoyable ;)
  • edited January 2011
    Also, who chose Dylan to do a 'my name is.........' ????????????

You need a wide screen TV and subtitles!!!!!!!!!  :)
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: SORT IT OUT SKY!!! : It's a question of tone Greg.  I know and am very glad you feel passionate about that issue.  But IMO you started the thread in combative mood from the OP.  It's like knocking on a door and saying 'I'm here for an argument.'  (My 2nd Monty Python reference in this thread, Yay!).  I know there are 90+ posts on that thread but not many are too constructive, in fact a few are just continuing feuds.  The highlight of the thread is Jakally's contribution, a quite splendid case put forward on many points and done so in a calm, intelligent and classy way. I'm not digging you out mate, you knows I lovez ya!  I think you're a great poster on the forum, it's all good mate.  Anyway it's not just that thread, there have been quite a number of late. Let's make this place fun!  It's our house after all. P.S.  I think there's a correlation between hitting your flush draw and being Welsh.  Was watching Dai and Dyl a little while ago and they're not missing.  I would also suggest Phil checks his family tree for unknown Cardiff relatives...
    Posted by TommyD
    Oh goody     another fight.     lol    joking obv
  • edited January 2011
    Tommy, I think I love you, & we should have kids. Who's gonna be Mum?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Toss for it?

Too much?
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: SORT IT OUT SKY!!! : It's a question of tone Greg.  I know and am very glad you feel passionate about that issue.  But IMO you started the thread in combative mood from the OP.  It's like knocking on a door and saying 'I'm here for an argument.'  (My 2nd Monty Python reference in this thread, Yay!).  I know there are 90+ posts on that thread but not many are too constructive, in fact a few are just continuing feuds.  The highlight of the thread is Jakally's contribution, a quite splendid case put forward on many points and done so in a calm, intelligent and classy way. I'm not digging you out mate, you knows I lovez ya!  I think you're a great poster on the forum, it's all good mate.  Anyway it's not just that thread, there have been quite a number of late. Let's make this place fun!  It's our house after all. P.S.  I think there's a correlation between hitting your flush draw and being Welsh.  Was watching Dai and Dyl a little while ago and they're not missing.  I would also suggest Phil checks his family tree for unknown Cardiff relatives...
    Posted by TommyD
    We muat elope, & marry tomorrow, Tommy. That's just an immense Post.

PS - I've not seen JAKALLY's Post, but I don't need to. He's one of those Posters who always  Posts sensibly, politely, & with balance. He's also a long-term personal bud. No surprise there, I love peeps who can invert a problem to better see the solution. It just requires a little thought before Posting, that's all.

Answers usually reflect the tone & quality of the question. He gets great answers. A simple equation, really.
  • edited January 2011
    Tommy you got it spot on.

I started the thread when i was angry and i was unfair to Flash. Which i apologised to him for.

Jakally was spot on. i would love to have that ability to post what i mean in a clear calm manner all the time. I do sometimes, but i also get a bit fiery sometimes.

Yes bring back the fun! im all for that! innit! remember wwhd?

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: SORT IT OUT SKY!!! : Oh goody     another fight.     lol    joking obv
    Posted by NODEAL
    I would never fight Greg.  I have a rule, only fight someone with the skill level equal or below Audley Harrison.  So just Audley Harrison then.
  • edited January 2011
    Tommy fair point........ on the weather front

but as for using the correct forum (suggestions) when you post in there nothing gets done and no answers, so i will still continue to post what i want etc here as will a few others. if the community suggestions was looked at maybe it would be used a bit more
  • edited January 2011
    its rediculess gut wat can we do hey ? never happens with cash games? wierd
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: SORT IT OUT SKY!!! : We muat elope, & marry tomorrow, Tommy. That's just an immense Post. PS - I've not seen JAKALLY's Post, but I don't need to. He's one of those Posters who always  Posts sensibly, politely, & with balance. He's also a long-term personal bud. No surprise there, I love peeps who can invert a problem to better see the solution. It just requires a little thought before Posting, that's all. Answers usually reflect the tone & quality of the question. He gets great answers. A simple equation, really.
    Posted by tikay1
    but one  must remember one thing tk ,

no person is perfect ,
    we , me , you , all the community  make mistakes we post sometimes without robotically analysing
    our thoughts,
    why ?
    because forum peeps are human !
    hence the tone & quality of a human  post .

i have a great saying for this ,

the last guy that thought he was perfect got nailed to a cross.

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: SORT IT OUT SKY!!! : but one  must remember one thing tk , no person is perfect , we , me , you , all the community  make mistakes we post sometimes without robotically analysing our thoughts, why ? because forum peeps are human ! hence the tone & quality of a human  post . i have a great saying for this , the last guy that was perfect got nailed to a cross.
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Ive still got the marks to prove it ;)

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: SORT IT OUT SKY!!! : Ive still got the marks to prove it ;)
    Posted by hawk7112
    i am a believer lets all follow hawk lol .
  • edited January 2011
    lol, you're an illiterate knob m8, I will give you that!!