You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PEREEEEEEEEEMO (Show thread Alert)

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat
IT'S SUNDAY!!

Well hello ;)

It is indeed Sunday (1st prize for stating the obvious goes to....)

Tonight is the £55 primo and boy (and girl) do we have a show for you.. Which is just as well since we are live on air from 9pm to 1am..

So fresh off the back of Gliterbabes sparkling performance and Orfords Wild Card TSP entry.. (Well deserved and a welcome and worthy addition to the team as well as our three TOP player qualifiers)..

Here we are are with your premiere Tournament.. GET IN.. if you satellited, bought in, or Luckboxed your way to a cheeky an enty then LUCK be a rather buxom wench to you tonight my friends..

Since of the theme of the night.. is WINNERS I want to know what YOU guys really REALLY wanted to win  outside of Poker.. and what was the prize..

Also stories of you WINNING something funny, silly or shocking..

There's a Prize of a TSP entry of your choice for the best reply.. the winner to be announced before the end of the show..

To get you started..

I'm notoriously useless at winning anything.. You name it.. Any competion I have ever entered outside of Poker (OBV) has been sent off only to end up in tears.. The Tango squeezy man.. NOPE. The Dulux Puppy toy...NOPE. Even months spent collecting the tokens off of cereal packets to collect my free T-shirt/ pen/ toy/ bike spoke beady things/ Eraser/ etc etc etc  must all have gotten lost in the post.. Not even a whiff of my Tony the Tiger Frisbee... And I didn't receive so much as an acknowledgement let alone a prize. As a teenager calling in to radio stations.. I never even got on the LIVE line let alone got through to win whatever tickets were on offer..

As for the Lottery?? FORGET about it.

In fact.. Until I found Poker.. the only things I ever won were to do with words- Spelling Comps, Short story comps and once I even designed, illustrated and wrote my own comic book.. and won a prize for that (Admittedly it was one page big, I was 7 years old and the prize was a day out at Butlins)... Beggars can't be choosers.

GOOD LUCK and see you on the tables!

Oh and in OTHER news.. Orford is now on twitter..  Not that there was EVER any doubt of his TWIT credentials ;)

@Richard_Orford

See also

@Sky_Poker
@Tony_Kendall
@LisaMarie_Long

Comments

• edited January 2011
    are you tryin to say were going to be  LUCKY and see your BUXOM tonite WENCH ??

EDIT - hope it`s not as hairy as trev`s chest
  • edited January 2011
    Hi LM, Trevor

Enjoyed the rail when you were on PTP duty Trevor, have a great show tonight both.

The club I used to go in do an "Open the Box", I took my wife in and bought £2 of tickets, gave my wife £1.00 worth, and I got the other, imagine my shock when the tickets my wife had number came out, she said we will have number 5, course, I had to go to try to "Open the Bix", number, 5 came out, £1000 jackpot.

I was totally stunned, course we share :)
  • edited January 2011
    Hi LM

The only thing I have ever wanted to win is your heart.

Oh - and the Gadget show competion, lottery etc.

I actaully did win a car once, for getting a hole in one at my Company's golf day at The Forest of Arden.  Kept it for a couple of months then sold as we were buying a new house.

Good luck for Tonights show
  • edited January 2011
    I went to a social club dance with a girl friend and her parents, we won a Twist competition. We are now married
    45 years.Need I say more.
  • edited January 2011
    Evening all.....

So, winning things -

I could tell you about the 6-figures I won playing (cough cough) bingo a few years ago.............but, instead I'll tell you of the only other thing I've ever won, outside of poker.....

I was once forced into taking part in several silly competitions at a club I was at, and was secretly a little pleased when I won the Miss Sexy Legs competition - unfortunately, my celebrations were short lived because just 10 minutes later I also won the Miss Nobbly Knees competition!  Go figure!!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the show - and keep those posts and emails coming in.

:)
  • edited January 2011
    the worst thing i ever won was 36 quid in the vegas quaili 5 mins ago (lol) just kidding sky at least i can reinvest in next weeks comp (sorry out side of poker i have no life )

thanks rosjim
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: PEREEEEEEEEEMO (Show thread Alert):
    Evening all..... So, winning things - I could tell you about the 6-figures I won playing (cough cough) bingo a few years ago.............but, instead I'll tell you of the only other thing I've ever won, outside of poker..... I was once forced into taking part in several silly competitions at a club I was at, and was secretly a little pleased when I won the Miss Sexy Legs competition - unfortunately, my celebrations were short lived because just 10 minutes later I also won the Miss Nobbly Knees competition!  Go figure!! Anyway, I hope you enjoy the show - and keep those posts and emails coming in. :)
    Posted by Sky_Mandy
    im guessing this was the skypoker xmas night out and your opponents were richorford and tikay?????

dont think ive ever won anything.....period :(
  • edited January 2011

Hi LM, i won an I pod nano in a sudoku competition run by the Sun newspaper once,, filled it in while at work (its ok to mention that, i dont work there anymore,, got caught doing competitions)

But the funniest win was in a raffle to which i supplied 10 items from my ECO Friendly business.
    I won 8 of them back, donated them back to the raffle then won 3 more AGAIN!!

It seemed i was the only one delighted with the products won lol. 

• edited January 2011
    A couple of years ago I became a 'male model' when I somehow won a competition to be the face of Milk & More. At the time I was 42yo, grey-haired and a bit overweight. I was whisked off to London for a professional photoshoot, given the star treatment and had my own make-up lady and wardrobe lady at my disposal. Since then I've been on thousands of adverts, leaflets, etc. and permanently on the company website.

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: PEREEEEEEEEEMO (Show thread Alert) : im guessing this was the skypoker xmas night out and your opponents were richorford and tikay????? dont think ive ever won anything.....period :(
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB
    What are you trying to say about my pins????
  • edited January 2011
    Hi LML and Trevor

The futures bright the futures Orange !

I won a competition when I was 16, it was panini stickers and a panini sticker album, I thought it was 100 packs!

The postman delivered 100 boxes!! It truly was a lifetime of panini stickers

(and I still didin't finish the album! Swap Swap??)

Dave
  • edited January 2011

Hi Lisa & Trevor

Thursdays Show was Great so will be glued to the telly are you gonna show any Cash Action tonite? & gl 2 all in the Primo

As for winning comps outside of poker never happens just not meant to be, i can't even win when i play myself at chess always ends in a stalemate sigh

Michael

• edited January 2011
    I once won a life size cardboard cutout of Jet from the original Gladiators series!!!!

Was well chuff'd at the time, envy of my mates for weeks, think it was a cereal box comp or something.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: PEREEEEEEEEEMO (Show thread Alert) : What are you trying to say about my pins????
    Posted by Sky_Mandy

errrrrrrrrrr, nothing, honest.................i even voted for you

still struggling to remember anything ive won, either poker-related or not!!!!

i guess every time i wake up and every body part is functioning is like winning the lottery :):):):):)

TKP
  • edited January 2011
    Wondered if you can have a look at this hand, 330598920 - Is this the right call?
  • edited January 2011
    Hello Lisa Marie and Trevor, looking forward to the show as usual.

I always remember wanting to win just one event that I was entered into at the school sports days.

The closest I ever came was in the three-legged race, me and my partner in the race had lead all the way until the last corner of the track. The two people in second place decided to cut the corner a little and overtook us.

The teachers decided to turn a blind eye to their blatant cheating and let the result stand.

Needless to say I cried a little.

• edited January 2011

hi ho Lisa ,n,Trevor ,,,,when my daughter was a baby ,still in her buggy ,me and the Mrs took her too Barry island on a coach trip ,we got  off the coach ,and first stop was the fairground ,now im a pretty dab hand at playing darts ,so i  had a go on one of the stalls ,five darts ,hit five cards, wins the star prize ,the star prize was a six foot teddy bear ,and i won it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,only problem was ,it was only 11,30 in the morning ,and the coach wasn't coming back till 5 pm ,this stupid 6 foot bear was with me all day ,in the restaurant ,in the pub ,round the shops ,on the beach ,,the looks i got in the pub with this bear sitting next to me,im telling you ,i felt like a right dipstick ,,,next time i try and win it at 4pm

• edited January 2011
    Hi Lisa Marie & Trevor,
    We're sitting here once again watching in anticipation of yet another great show, and wondering if you'll give this a mention please it can be found on the general poker chat forum under

Mon 17th Jan is Last Longer Night

4 Tourneys less than a tenner

Here's how it is going to work.

The best three results from four tournaments Below will count towards your score             

Your score in each tournament will be based on your finishing position.
       So, if you finish 1st, 4th, 5th and 92nd your score will be 1 + 4 + 5 = 10.

1. 7-05pm        BH                    buy-in  £2-30

2. 7-15pm        Deepstack          buy-in  £2-20

3. 8-30pm        Take on Tikay     buy-in  £2-20 

4. 9-15pm        Deepstack          buy-in  £2-20

there is a £5.50 Take On Tikay entry up for grabs to the winner

it's been running for a few weeks now and has proved to be a great success, with a quality field every week with a lot of fun thrown in too, just the way it should be

hope to see many more of you at the tables and gl to all who enter

and lets see who can knock defending Champ DTWBANDIT off his perch

thanks
    Chris
      THE FUTURE'S BRIGHT THE FUTURE IS ORANGE TKP TFW

• edited January 2011
    the x/mas before the club i go into did a x/mas draw 100 prizes and i won two, the first was a hair product set and the second was a hair-dryer great two prizes that go with each other - NOT  i`m bald, in the end my wife and kids had them
  • edited January 2011

I once won a three-legged race on my own.....................say no more !!

I once got stopped by the police and got a certificate for excellent parking - its said 'PARKING FINE'
  • edited January 2011
    If you are showing the vegas semi tonight could you show my hand when i had FH with ks with As against 'winner 5603' who just seemed to hit everything against me i layed it down but would love to know if he had the A. Couldnt do a thing right against him so will have to try next month even had pocket 10s with all undercards on the flop made a silly call for the amount on the flop but layed it down on the turn when he had pocket Js he really made it hard for me and knocked me out when i limped with AJ suited :(
  • edited January 2011
    Quite a while ago i won a bike with a tin of custard. My son asked me to buy him some custard from the local supermarket.Unfortunatly there was only light cutard left which he doesn't like,but pushed right at the back was one tin of normal custard which i bought. When i got home and opened the tin there was a picture of a bike telling me that i had won one of the five bikes,needless to say my son got a new bike as well as having custard for his tea.
  • edited January 2011
    nelson 1 eye
               1 arm
                1 leg   
    111 as in three cricket stumps i think
  • edited January 2011
    If you are showing the vegas semi tonight could you show my hand when i had FH with ks with As against 'winner 5603' who just seemed to hit everything against me i layed it down but would love to know if he had the A. Couldnt do a thing right against him so will have to try next month even had pocket 10s with all undercards on the flop made a silly call for the amount on the flop but layed it down on the turn when he had pocket Js he really made it hard for me and knocked me out when i limped with AJ suited :(
    Posted by Dazler
    Have you got the hand ID please Dazler?
  • edited January 2011
    Trevor

The game your talking about is Tee One Up.

My ex company, Whitbread, bought the UK rights to it a while ago, and I helped fit it to the Forest of Arden and St Pierre golf courses.

Because it used video camera technology on the tee and green, the R and A got many complaints from members about the morals of questioning whether they got a hole in one or not!!

Also, as you mentioned, the top prize in the USA was an ultimate 1 Million Dollars.

Due to rules of pro golf in the UK, we were limited to 1000 pounds
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to PEREEEEEEEEEMO (Show thread Alert):

A years supply of Bitter !

Hi Lisa...............I used to a be keen dart player and many many years ago I played in our local 'Wednesday Night' club league, nothing fancy just a really good night with some gr8 friends of mine.
    One week, just as we were leaving after a home game, the club secretary reminded me that the following night was the last night they would be collecting our membership subscriptions for the year. 
    Thursday night came and really didn't fancy traipsing out on a cold and wet winter's night just to go out on my own .....but was I glad I did.
    That night unbeknown to me there was a special dart tournament and I got roped in to play....it was the  'National Yorkshire Bitter 150'...ie: they were celebrating their 150yr Anniversary.... on a dartboard that didn't have any trebles (I believe they used to be popular up North). This tournament was being held all over the country at many venues over many weeks and one winner from each region (total of 8 regions) would meet in the final at Lakeside(where they hold the world championships etc.) 
    Cut to the chase.....I won through to  Lakeside and won some money, special edition dartboards and a few other things.........but all the eight finalists were given an opportunity to win a 'years supply of bitter' and wait for it.......................and don't forget this was many years ago.........only if you could beat the legendary 
    ..........Eric Bristow.
    To my utter amazement I managed to beat him and after a few days all I kept thinking was how were they going to supply me with a years worth of bitter.....would it be a cheque or some form of tokens...my mind boggled for about a week. Then one day I received a knock on the door and a delivery man said 'Hello....I've got a 15 cases of yorkshire Bitter for you(that's 360 cans...one for each day of the year... LoL).....where do you want it'.
    They were blocking my long, narrow hallway and we strugged to get our daughters pushchair in and out of the house for days...............until I gave all the cases away to my friends and family....and do you know what...... I never did keep a can for myself...............Billy          
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: PEREEEEEEEEEMO (Show thread Alert) : Have you got the hand ID please Dazler?
    Posted by Sky_Mandy

#330642689 and #330618030

• edited January 2011
    with the pocket 10s i knew i should of folded or pushed so big mistake by me really
  • edited January 2011
    Trevor The game your talking about is Tee One Up. My ex company, Whitbread, bought the UK rights to it a while ago, and I helped fit it to the Forest of Arden and St Pierre golf courses. Because it used video camera technology on the tee and green, the R and A got many complaints from members about the morals of questioning whether they got a hole in one or not!! Also, as you mentioned, the top prize in the USA was an ultimate 1 Million Dollars. Due to rules of pro golf in the UK, we were limited to 1000 pounds
    Posted by PenFifteen
    If in a Pro event a Professional can win any amount on offer. The rules of Amateur Status state that the hole one one prize must not exceed £500

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: PEREEEEEEEEEMO (Show thread Alert) : If in a Pro event a Professional can win any amount on offer. The rules of Amateur Status state that the hole one one prize must not exceed £500 http://www.randa.org/en/Rules-and-Amateur-Status/Amateur-Status/Rules-of-Amateur-Status.aspx#/amateur/?ruleNum=3&subRuleNum=2
    Posted by hawk7112
    Hi Hawk.

I thought it was 1000, but I bow to your better knowledge.

Either way, it's still poor for paying to enter a hole in one comp!