You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Forum Fun Comp. Free Tourney Entry.

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat

Just for a bit of fun......best entry wins Free Entry to the Tuesday £11 TOTTY.

I was reminded today that my Forum Profile is slightly out of date.

Here's what it says at the moment.......

Male,  Age: 43,  Derbyshire About Me: How long have you been playing poker?: Way too long. Your best poker moment?: Seeing the Sky Team do so well in Vegas in both '08 & '09 One piece of poker advice?: Enjoy. It's just a game.

So, here's the challenge.

YOU write MY Profile.

Best Entry wins.

Tomorrow, we'll do, hmm....ORFORD. Wednesday, we'll do a Forum regular.

So, start off with this one, & see how we go.

Just copy & paste the Profile bit as per my next Post.

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Male, Age- 103, wherever i am

About me:
    How long have you been playing poker: only a few weeks but loving it

Best poker momment: I woke up once and played a hand!

One piece of poker advice: Limp ftw

• edited January 2011

Male,  Age: 44,  Derbyshire
    About Me: Loose aggressive, play atc.
    How long have you been playing poker?: Way too long.
    Your best poker moment?: Seeing the Sky Team do so well in Vegas in both '08 & '09
    One piece of poker advice?: Enjoy. It's just a game.
  • edited January 2011

Male,  Age: 21 again & again & Derbyshire
            About Me:  i like Trains 
            How long have you been playing poker?:    Started playing while in USA when prohibition started
            Your best poker moment?: Being allowed to wear TKP Tee- Shirt on the Show 
            One piece of poker advice?: 99% Entertainment Enjoy
  • edited January 2011
    Male,  Age: i was born in 1812 i watched the salamanca being built 
    About Me: i never play pocket pairs unless they are jj qq kk aa
    How long have you been playing poker?:i first played in new orleans 1829 with a 20 deck of cards 
    Your best poker moment?: wearing my  team sky poker hoodie 
    One piece of poker advice?: do not fall asleep on the final table 
  • edited January 2011
    Tikay10Posts: 11048
    First: 20/5/2009
    Last: 17/1/2011
    Male (ish),  Age: 143,  Area51About Me: ex Big Brother contestant/Spot the sausage competition
     winner
    How long have you been playing poker?: since the 5th levelYour best poker moment?: When Richard Bacon won the WSOP after being coached by me & Winning 56p in a B/H.One piece of poker advice?: A J is not the nutz

• edited January 2011
    Male??  Age: Well, let's just say I owe jesus a quid ,  Wales (and proud!!)

About Me:

How long have you been playing poker?:
    :Lets just say it was in a poker game that I lost the aforementioned quid

Your best poker moment?: Seeing the highlights of the Sky Team do so well in Vegas in both '08 & '09 - hang on, that's me isn't it? Hmmm...I must of been there...

One piece of poker advice?:
    When faced with a pre-flop re-re-reraise - sorry? no sorry, what's a 5 bet?
  • edited January 2011
    Male,  Age: older than ghandi
    About Me: i have just been re housed to a old peoples home and loving it, ohh the women the free food......livin the dream
    How long have you been playing poker?: 15 million years 
    Your best poker moment?: the moment i lived to play another day
    One piece of poker advice?: dont listen to that virgin orford
  • edited January 2011
    Male,  Age: Before Beauty,  Derbyshire
    About Me: Nittier Than a Nitting Needle for the first two levels. The only hands I play with in the first level are attached to my arms.

How long have you been playing poker?: Since they invented STUD. Yes! I was a Stud even before I started playing poker (You did know they named it after me?).  

Your best poker moment?: Beating Rich Orford in the very first TKO and watching him grovel to the suits for a re-count. (OH!!! Happy Days)

One piece of poker advice?: All-In with AJ will get you a reputation. If you really want to make money playing poker, make sure you play on Orfords PTP Nights.....Easy Money Innit!!!! 
  • edited January 2011
    Male, Age: indeterminate, Derbyshire (Its in the north you know)
    About me: Tighter than a tight nitty thing
    How long have you been playing poker?: how long have you got?
    My Best poker moment: Playing a hand
    One piece of poker advice: Enjoy it, its fun
  • edited January 2011

MALE, Age,  Blue,  Altzheimersville.

About me:  6ft 2 ins,   slim,  some say attractive,  impish demeanor, oh an short wavy brown hair, free most nights.

how long have you been playing poker?:  Cant say,    No I realy mean I realy dont know,  What was the question again?      OK   A stab in the dark...    Is it     France?

your best poker moment?:  Easy one,   calling all in on a one outer on river against my hero devilpuss, He told me I was some guy,  My heart swelled but he never returned my email.  

one piece of advice?:  poker is like life if you want to win just put on your comfy slippers try not to fall asleep and ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

• edited January 2011
    Male, Age: BC not AD.
    About Me: Hold on, I'll tell you after I squeeze my holecards and look for aces.
    How long have you been playing poker?: Since 10.30am last Tuesday. Solid. Sleeping is for wimps.
    Your best poker moment?: Getting away from aces preflop.
    One piece of poker advice?: Fold. Posting the blinds is fun in itself.
  • edited January 2011
    Male,  Age:  72 + VAT

About Me: Chooooo Chooooooooooooo

How long have you been playing poker?: Long enough to know that aces should be folded pre-flop.

Your best poker moment?: Coming second to Richard Orford.... in a heads up SnG.

One piece of poker advice?: If you can't spot the easy money at the table... it's because i'm asleep under it!
  • edited January 2011
    TO MUCH E Male,Age: ICE  Derbyshire( MAY BE I THINK THAT'S WERE I LIVE)About Me: NO IT'S ABOUT EVERY ONE ELSE WITH TAKING NO THOUGHT ABOUT MYSELFHow long have you been playing poker?: SINCE CARDS WERE STONEYour best poker moment?: MEETING DAIBOOTOne piece of poker advice?: DON'T TAKE MY ADVICE
  • edited January 2011

Male... ish ( female tendencies with regard to clothes )  Age Carbon dating isn't that accurate, Born South of the border so who cares 

How Long have I been playing poker:  I can remember when the WSOP Main Event was by Invitation

Your Best Poker Moment:  Winning Big Tourney in Russia
    Your Worst Poker Moment:  Being Interviewed by Russian Police after winning big tourney in Russia
    Style of Play:  Tight and Aggressive....  Especially when being interviewed by Russian Police... Very Tight indeed

Best Poker Advice:  Win like a Gentleman...  Lose like a Gentleman 

• edited January 2011
    Male: I think!! its been so long

About me: Aggressive and loose Mmm did I get that right? 

How long you have been playing poker for: Poker!! is that what they call it !! 

You best poker moment: 56 suited beat my AA and all I did was moan 

One piece of poker advice: Don’t give up your day job
  • edited January 2011
    Male,  Age: young at heart shame about rest off me
    About Me: tighter than a mallards rump
    How long have you been playing poker?: what`s a lifetime
    Your best poker moment?:  everytime rich orfords crashes out off tournie

one piece off advice : if you meet me on table get plenty off coffee will be a loooooonng nite
  • edited January 2011
    MALE...Mallard
    AGE....Like a good cheese
    ABOUT ME....Ask what you like as long as i get to answer as i like
    HOW LONG HAVE I BEEN PLAYING POKER?....Is that what i've been playing?
    YOUR BEST POKER MOMENT...When she said yes
    ONE PIECE OF POKER ADVICE....Always ask nicely and you'll get what you want
  • edited January 2011
    Male Model,  Aged: Yes,  Airportshire
    About Me:
    How long have you been playing poker?:  I'm part of the Jurassic Mob you know
    Your best poker moment?: I once came second to SoLack in a last longer!  How good is that?
    One piece of poker advice?: Please please please pm me all your bad beat stories, I am gathering evidence that the Sky software is rigged.

• edited January 2011
    Male,  Age: 121 Location : Burgundy Fields Nursing Home
    About Me: nothing sweet about me
    How long have you been playing poker?: Im Tikay, but miss long plays poker badly.
    Your best poker moment? Being accepted on TeamKnightPlop and allowed to wear the coveted orange shirt :)
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Forum Fun Comp. Free Tourney Entry.:

Right Ok then,  1st question, a bit tricky this one ....let me check my pockets..... ah yes ....Male, AGE: I'm ageing better than a vintage Claret but younger than Orfords jokes.

About Me: Fashion guru was Val Doonican......wisdom of Judge Judy......witism of Ena Sharples.....
    and the looks of a cross between....Peter Graves of 'Mission Impossible' tv series fame and Estelle Getty (she played  Sophia Petrillo the sharp tongued granny with her quizzical looks and dead-pan stares in the tv series 'The Golden Girls'.

How long have you been playing poker ?......Let's just say I've still not been able to exchange my 23 pieces of eight out of my SkyPoker Account........nobody wants them.

Your best Poker moment........easy one this,.....teaming up with Orford......my jokes seem funnier.....my poker looks more solid and then my hair .......well it's my hair.   

One piece of poker advice:.......My rap goes like this:-

'Have fun and don't get stung,
      Don't bleat about your bad beat,
     Don't limp or be a calling station,
     Raise and re-raise, is your destination,
      Follow my advice if you want to be number one,
     Stay cool and and dare not TILT, 
     and ....KEEP OUT OF AREA51'

• edited January 2011
    Male,  Age:you dont want to know,really you dont

About Me: once had a cup of tea with george and rob stephenson and henry booth.
    How long have you been playing poker?: well i played a live game with wild bill doc holiday and wyatt earp at dodge city.
    Your best poker moment?: coming first in said game 
    One piece of poker advice?: always carry a gun.
  • edited January 2011
    Bisexual,  Age: Unknown,  Land of Nod
    About Me: Was created from a single cell in manchester hope hospital in 1832
    How long have you been playing poker?: Havent started playing yet but intend making a start some time this year. Have cashed in several tournaments though. See Below
    Your best poker moment?: Cashing in Tikays Sleepstack whilst being sat away whole tournament. zzzzzzzzzzzzz. Winning 1.10 russian roulette. 
    One piece of poker advice?: Never go all in against mikjenn, u will always loose.
  • edited January 2011
    Male,  Age: I have a telegram from the Queen........but it was a few years ago
    About Me: Well I play online poker but whenever I sit at my computer, I can't remember why!

How long have you been playing poker?: I used the slabs from the day Moses got the 10 Commandments and played my first game then  

Your best poker moment?: The day I got the Sky Poker 'doomswitch'

One piece of poker advice?: If I'm in a hand, it's obviously Aces or Kings
  • edited January 2011
    Male,  Age: I'll tell you what i told Gandhi 'Mind your own business!'About Me: I like to play tournaments aggressive from the start, thats when you can really get them won. I'm also the one who taught Doyle Brunson the art of 'floating' - but he's just turned into one of those uber aggressive online kids..How long have you been playing poker?: just a couple of centuries, never really liked it to be honest.
    Your best poker moment?: Still to come.

one piece off advice : don't take advice off of people who tell you their best poker moment is 'still to come.'
  • edited January 2011
    Sex: Yes Please if you have nice cheekbones and cuticles.  

Aged: YES  

About Me:
    Bridges, Pylons, trains and JCBs. Yay!

How long have you been playing poker?: Since burgundy jumpers and purple scarfs were invented.

Your best poker moment?: Getting a bluff past Vincemerestpancress. 

One piece of poker advice?: Don't take biscuits to Wales...

• edited January 2011
    Male, Age 287, Jurassic Park

About Me: I am the biggest fan of the Smiths and also I iz the stunt double of Ebeneezer Scrooge and John Inman and are available to do personal appearances at weddings,bar mitzvahs,mallard conventions and Crewe Train Station at a bargain price of £500,000 per hour innit!............

How long have you been playing poker?: Longer than the world's stickiest bogey!.........

Your best poker moment: Avoiding having to do my world class rendition of Cameo's Word up in my rather shiny codpiece at SPT Newcastle........
  • edited January 2011
    Male,  Age: MDCCCXCIX,  In a hotel near the M25.

About Me: Curmudgeonly

How long have you been playing poker?: Since before these internet kidz, i.e. Doyle Brunson, were out of short trousers.

Your best poker moment?: Raising in level 1 with KK, I don't know what came over me but it was a thrill.

One piece of poker advice?:
    Don't be a Billy.
  • edited January 2011

Male,  Age: Fabulous for Forty,  Derbyshire

About Me: Tighter than a Mallard duckies bum

How long have you been playing poker?: Ummm let me think about that, I think young Vicky was on the throne about then.....

Your best poker moment?: Flopping the nuts with a zillion extensions against Dylan, Vince, Hoggers and TommyD on a 5p/10p Omaha table

One piece of poker advice?: Patience patience patience patzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• edited January 2011
    just bump up for tikay
  • edited January 2011
    hermaphrodite, aged very much , location, cant remember
    About Me:
    How long have you been playing poker?: since the flying scotsman made its maiden trip
    Your best poker moment?: everytime orford gets busted
    One piece of poker advice?: always shove the lot in with ace rag, whatever the situwation