You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Forum Fun Comp. Free Tourney Entry.

2»

Comments

• edited January 2011

Thank you for all the entries. I've never had so many fingers poked in my eye, or elbows in my ribs. Marv. Love you too.

You got the idea EXACTLy. Terrific stuff. Ish.

The quality of entries was superb, so this is what I've decided to do.

The Thread will remain open for another 24 hours or so - until some time tomorrow.

Also, as I can hardly award ANYTHING to anyone that abuses me, I will not be judging it. Which is good news, saves me a job. 

The bad news is that I've asked.......ORFORD to judge it. Sigh, he's salivating at the prospect. 

So, Orford will decide, tomorrow, who has won, & Post accordingly.

In the meantime, I'll be starting another, similar, Forum Fun Comp very shortly. (Today). Hehe......

NOTE;- The prize for this Fun Comp, originally entry into tonight's £11 TOTTY, will be held over until next Tuesday's TOTTY. IF you prefer, the winner can play ANY TSP Classic of his/her choice.

• edited January 2011

Male,  Age: how many rings is 100 years???

About Me: Funny smell, not sure what it is???

How long have you been playing poker?: Have you seen me playing poker????? 

Your best poker moment?:
    Teaching Orford the basics (never ending task!!!)

One piece of poker advice. You want advice from me, have you seen me playing poker??????
  • edited January 2011
    Male, Age: well i remember the wheel being invented
    About me: trains and stations ftw
    How long have you been playing poker?: play poker! haven't had a hand good enough to bet with yet! zzzzzzz
    Your best poker moment?: see above
    One piece of poker advice?: zzzzzzzz, fold pre
  • edited January 2011
    Loads of very, very funny answers so far. I honestly wish we could use them all.

Looking forward to judging this tomorrow. :-)  NOT looking forward to Tikay selecting MY new profile.

My favourite single line so far is Daiboot's:

LOL! But there's loads of other quality ones too.

Might have to award the prize to one person, but use an amalgamation of all the best lines from everyone, so more people get to immortalise their insults on Tikay's official profile for all eternity...

Keep 'em coming!
  • edited January 2011

Male,  Age: Can we start with an easier question,  Eden

About Me: Im always right and anyone who says anything different is wrong!

How long have you been playing poker?: What times is it now?

Your best poker moment?: Beating Adam and Eve in my first ever game!

One piece of poker advice?: When you get to my age always make sure the nurse as inserted your catheter properly before you sit at the table!
  • edited January 2011
    Can i just ask if some of you guys have been editing tikays wikipedia profile???
  • edited January 2011
    tikay your gonna have to explain to mr rich who george and rob stephenson are henry booth too else it,ll go sraight over his head :)
  • edited January 2011
    lol never seen that tikay's wiki is quality

i reckon orford must have tampered with it!
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Forum Fun Comp. Free Tourney Entry.:
    Can i just ask if some of you guys have been editing tikays wikipedia profile???
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB
    Groan......

I heard that someone had messsed about with it, but I've never troubled to look. I don't even know who Posted my original Wiki Page, but I know it as not me.

Guess I'd better take a look when time permits.

I'm so owned.
  • edited January 2011
    Male -It depends...On whether my man-bag matches my shoes.

Age: Considerably younger than popular Mayan literature that's for sure..

About Me: I like, colonics...my car....and a right good soup (not containing onions obv.)

How long have you been playing poker?: POKER????? pfffftttttt Now the Wheel...THAT was a good invention...

Your best poker moment?: Balla Ding...Balla Dang...and that's just from a blonde...or a reddie also..but not a welshy named Dyl cause that's just wrong...

xx

• edited January 2011
    Male (ish)-- age, it's a lie I tell you! --- wanders around kinder scout looking for hikers that like trains, Derbyshire

About me--- It was'nt me, it was Dave, devil fish ulliot, and anyone that says it was me is a flopwit flaphead, so there!

How long have you been playing poker?--- long enough to no longer know any better

Your best poker moment-- Demonstrating what happened to me in Russia, when orford asked the question
  • edited January 2011
    OK- thanks for all the entries. I shall now pick a winner and get back to you either late tonight or first thing tomorrow.

Good luck!
  • edited January 2011
    Male, Although it's hard to tell now. 

Derbyshire

About Me: Loose SKIN, aggressive TENDANCIES, playED OUT, GRUMPY.

How long have you been playing poker?: Since there were only two suits in the pack.

Your best poker moment?: Seeing the Sky Team do so well in Vegas in both '08 & '09 and welcoming Orford on to TSP. 

One piece of poker advice?:  Any two cards UTG, just Shove-It!
  • edited January 2011
    Ok- thanks to everyone who entered this competition. The quality was outstanding across the board and gave me a really good laugh.

It was a bit of a nightmare picking out a winner, and in the end, I thought it best to take the very best lines for each category from lots of different players. Even then, there was so much choice!

So it's thanks to everyone for entering and well done to the following for coming up with the final lines between them: Rawhand, Daiboot, OnlyOneCT, PokerTrev, Maxally, AceBarry and Supernova.

Male: I think!! It's been so long  Age: Ice  Location: Jurassic Park
    About Me: Nittier Than a Nitting Needle for the first two levels. The only hands I play with in the first level are attached to my arms
    How long have you been playing poker?: Since the 5th level
    Your best poker moment?: Playing a hand
    One piece of poker advice?: Patience patience patience patzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

But there can be only one winner. And it was the one line that particularly tickled me. Hats off to Daiboot with...

Well done sir- you win Free Entry to the Tuesday £11 TOTTY

Sigh- and now I have to see what the old fella picks for my profile...
  • edited January 2011

Marv.

If the lump of Welsh lard that is Daiboot wants to tell me whether he wants to play next Tuesday's TOTTY, or any TSP of his choice (name the night, if so) I'll reluctantly sort it out for him. Probably.
  • edited January 2011
    Marv. If the lump of Welsh lard that is Daiboot wants to tell me whether he wants to play next Tuesday's TOTTY, or any TSP of his choice (name the night, if so) I'll reluctantly sort it out for him. Probably.
    Posted by Tikay10

Have sent a PM tikay 

thanks rich 

DAI

• edited January 2011

Happy days! Well done Dai.....but you do realise that YOU will be the next person to be selected to have the biscuit taken out of them?....hee hee.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Forum Fun Comp. Free Tourney Entry. : Have sent a PM tikay  thanks rich  DAI
    Posted by DAIBOOT
    Thanks Dai, got it, sorted it, & you are now in the Lobby for tonight's TSP. Enjoy, & I hope you win the lot.

The "Celtic" Diary you mentioned. What a story. The lass was 11 years old, & I attended her Funeral just under a year ago now. I wrote about it in my Diary last night, too. I know the guy very well, we are mates at Luton, he's a fellow Mod next door, & he needed to write that I think, to get it out of his system. Like so many others, when I read it last night, I was in pieces, it was both uplifting & upsetting. If you make it to Luton TSP, I'll introduce you to him.

Last night was not a night I want to remember for too long, to be honest, it was quite painful in an unlikely variety of ways. 

You are a good man.
  • edited January 2011
    And..?

Haven't you now got to change your profile accordingly?

I hope you're not going to wuss out...
  • edited January 2011
    And..? Haven't you now got to change your profile accordingly? I hope you're not going to wuss out...
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Shush.

I never said I'd change it to reflect the worst entry - & it WAS the worst entry.

Therse things HAVE to be factually correct, as mine always was. Is.

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Forum Fun Comp. Free Tourney Entry. : Shush. I never said I'd change it to reflect the worst entry - & it WAS the worst entry. Therse things HAVE to be factually correct, as mine always was. Is.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    OI!!!!

No WELSHING out of the deal

xx