You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New hands on TV. 2am - 7am?

edited December 2011 in Sky Poker Live
This has been mentioned loads of times before.....but I haven't seen an answer/explanation.
Is it possible that through the night, on the TV channel, you can just run hand after hand of play that's taken place during the day?
For example some micro stakes mtt final tables? micro sngs? and obviously the mastercash action from the designated tables?
Is it as simple as loading in say 500 hand id's into a computer before someone clocks off from the office, and letting it run between 2am and 7am????? - Every single  hand tho, even he boring ones, so it could be like 1 id code per final table or whatever? 
This would be very popular.
Can you do it? And if not, why not?????

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Hi DOHHHHHHH

In answer to your question, this is on 'my list.' However its not as simple as you would think. During the show each hand is individually loaded from our console. Sometimes during the show the hands freeze or the console simply crashes, therefore if we played them out during the night we would have to be monitored by one of our engineers.

Hopefully I will have more information for you in the near future.

Thanks
  • edited January 2011

Thanx Claire, appreciate the reply.

There must be a way to "block" a bunch of hands, and enter 1 code which represents a block though?

Obv this would be no good for live shows, as you're selecting specific hands from each block, but maybe it could work for this idea?

I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about by the way, I struggle to work my laptop, I'm just guessing....

Good to hear it's something you're thinking about anyway. Thanx. 

• edited January 2011

Would you really want to watch several hands being played out with no commentary?

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: New hands on TV. 2am - 7am?:
    Would you really want to watch several hands being played out with no commentary?
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    Yes !!

Watching every hand is probably more interesting for me than watching the highlights. 

I play alot of my poker between midnight and 6am, it would be great to watch while I play, and probably wont cost alot to do? if anything? 

If your in any doubt about how popular this will be (both people playing the designated TV games, and also people watching it on tv).....just ask in GPC....or ask people to email their views in during a live show or something....

Things like £5 dyms, £5 BH final tables, TSP classic final tables, mastercash tables etc etc etc - I'd watch them all - I'm sure others would too.

• edited January 2011
    Leave it with me and I'll see what we can do
  • edited February 2011
    lol dohhhhh dont u ever go to sleep
  • edited March 2011
    Hi

Thought I would give you an update. we should be showing 'automated' hands from 2am every night from this April..... fingers crossed!

Thanks
  • edited March 2011
    Hi Thought I would give you an update. we should be showing 'automated' hands from 2am every night from this April..... fingers crossed! Thanks
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    Machka> Sky_Claire just replied to a thread of yours Doh
    DOHHHHHHH /> which en
    Machka /> They are starting automated hands through the night in April!!!
    DOHHHHHHH /> wooohoooooo
    DOHHHHHHH /> :)

I had to edit Greghogg's comments from this brief chat, lol.
  • edited March 2011

Hi Claire, 

Thanx very much for the update on this. I'm really pleased that you've decided to give it a go. And it's been really quick too.

The TV channel ppl and the tech boffins are by far the best part of the sky poker team!!! 

What sort of things do you plan to show then?

Will it be a mix as I first suggested? (cash games, mtt final tables, dym's etc?) - Will some selected dyms therefore have the TV icon beside them?

I think low stakes cash (2p/4p and 4p/8p) will be REALLY popular, as these guys don't often get much of a chance to be on TV.

If it's advertised well (live shows/forum/homepage) etc - I think there will be loads of interest in it.

How much "unique" footage will there be every night? Like a couple of hours 2am-4am then repeated through till 8am or something?

Will each night have new hands? or will it be repeated from the previous night?

1 last question - that I probably wont understand the answer to, but am interested in anyway,......

How easy was it for the tech guys to "bunch" hands and enter them into the hand player thingy as a "bunch" of hand ID's, rather than entering them individually?

Thanx again :):):)

• edited March 2011
    All of the Area 51 guys bad beats will be shown on an hourly loop.
  • edited March 2011
    I think Sky_Mandy should be paid overtime to enter hand id's in, live, throughout the night.
  • edited March 2011
    Hi Claire,  Thanx very much for the update on this. I'm really pleased that you've decided to give it a go. And it's been really quick too. The TV channel ppl and the tech boffins are by far the best part of the sky poker team!!!  What sort of things do you plan to show then? Will it be a mix as I first suggested? (cash games, mtt final tables, dym's etc?) - Will some selected dyms therefore have the TV icon beside them? I think low stakes cash (2p/4p and 4p/8p) will be REALLY popular, as these guys don't often get much of a chance to be on TV. If it's advertised well (live shows/forum/homepage) etc - I think there will be loads of interest in it. How much "unique" footage will there be every night? Like a couple of hours 2am-4am then repeated through till 8am or something? Will each night have new hands? or will it be repeated from the previous night? 1 last question - that I probably wont understand the answer to, but am interested in anyway,...... How easy was it for the tech guys to "bunch" hands and enter them into the hand player thingy as a "bunch" of hand ID's, rather than entering them individually? Thanx again :):):)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    This is like question time ha ha. I will try and answer what I can:

The TV channel ppl and the tech boffins are by far the best part of the sky poker team!!!- In the words of Tikay 'Ilove you' ha ha
    What sort of things do you plan to show then?- only cash tables at the moment and a variety of levels. Later in the year we will look at tournaments but we have to deal with some technical issues. As we are going to try and show a variety of levels it should keep everyone happy.
    How much "unique" footage will there be every night? we will be showing as much new cash play as possible from that week. It mainly depends how busy the tables are. I hope to play this out from 2am- 8am every night, so yes each night will have new hands. If there is not alot of play then the technology will loop some of the table. 
    How easy was it for the tech guys to "bunch" hands and enter them into the hand player thingy as a "bunch" of hand ID's, rather than entering them individually?- we simply select a table and play it for aslong as there is action on it. The console will automatically throw to another table if there is nobody on it anymore.

Hope that helps

Thanks
  • edited March 2011
    I think Sky_Mandy should be paid overtime to enter hand id's in, live, throughout the night.
    Posted by Machka
    LOL I am sure Mandy would not want to do that :)
  • edited March 2011
    Brilliant news, I reckon this will be a surprising hit for the owls amongst the community.

Can we have this played in the background on repeat ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn481KcjvMo
  • edited March 2011
    Brilliant news, I reckon this will be a surprising hit for the owls amongst the community. Can we have this played in the background on repeat ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn481KcjvMo
    Posted by Salad_Face
    LOL that would keep everyone awake :)
  • edited March 2011

Are we still on for this?

Is there gonna be some announcement on the live shows/forum/homepage and stuff to get people interested, I've not heard anything yet. I hope it's popular and doesn't flop :( - I'm sure it will be.

Nescafe has recently been on offer in Netto so I've bought a load in preperation :)

1st of April? Or later in the month?

:):):)
  • edited March 2011
    Hmmm, 1st April............it's one big April Fools day joke DOHHHHHHHH.

We're going to be sat up all night/morning staring at a documentary on trains presented by Tikay.

• edited March 2011
    It'll be great to have an alternative to that awful coverage on 166

The voice-over is so annoying - "raise" (even though it's an opening bet)

• edited March 2011
    Are we still on for this? Is there gonna be some announcement on the live shows/forum/homepage and stuff to get people interested, I've not heard anything yet. I hope it's popular and doesn't flop :( - I'm sure it will be. Nescafe has recently been on offer in Netto so I've bought a load in preperation :) 1st of April? Or later in the month? :):):)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Hi

Still in the pipeline but might be a slight delay due to 3 reasons-
    Technology- just making sure we are getting it right and dealing with all the bugs
    Me- I am hectic with other projects on the channel so its not getting pushed as quickly as I would like.... me being honest :)
    Tea- I would have more time if I wasnt running around making cups of tea for Tikay all the time

In short we will get this but might push into May

Thanks
  • edited October 2011
    Hey Claire!

Bump!

197 days since last post :(

Can we still get this up and running some time? Is there still hope?

Loving the live shows & guests and stuff, I'm deffo not moaning, just a reminder :P

Thanx for all the great work on 865! Get Hoggers on! ;)

• edited October 2011
    Hey Claire! Bump! 197 days since last post :( Can we still get this up and running some time? Is there still hope? Loving the live shows & guests and stuff, I'm deffo not moaning, just a reminder :P Thanx for all the great work on 865! Get Hoggers on! ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Nag nag nag ha ha ONLY JOKING!

you know we didnt have a show last Thursday, well that was due to testing the automated poker...... Finish last bits and hopefully out in November. HOPEFULLY!
  • edited October 2011
    Anyway this may be connected to the BIG announcement tonight?????
  • edited October 2011
    lol I only nag once every 200 days!!! You can rest easy for abit.

It's imposs to criticise with all the great stuff we've had on 865.

Said a million times it's by far the best bit of the sky poker organisation, especially in terms of interaction with clients.

ty again for your swift reply.

November is a great month :)
  • edited October 2011
    lol I only nag once every 200 days!!! You can rest easy for abit. It's imposs to criticise with all the great stuff we've had on 865. Said a million times it's by far the best bit of the sky poker organisation, especially in terms of interaction with clients. ty again for your swift reply. November is a great month :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Thats very kind of you DOHHHHHHH really glad you are enjoying the channel. Lots of new and exciting changes still to come
  • edited October 2011
    Great stuff keep up the good work.

+1 for getting hoggers on.

• edited October 2011
    Great stuff keep up the good work. +1 for getting hoggers on.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    Hoggers can come on when DOHHHHHHH does ;)
  • edited October 2011
    Make it happen DOHHHHHHHHHHHH.
  • edited October 2011
    I too would love to see hands from alsorts of games played through the night.

Its gotta be better than watching the most scarey thing on tv in the sky poker promo when Tikay says in a very hammer house of horror voice " IT CAME ON THE RIVER ! " :)

Also i gotta agree with the comments on here about the brilliant job you are doing to make the live shows as good as they are, some fantastic guests and great banter. Nice 1.
  • edited October 2011
    I too would love to see hands from alsorts of games played through the night. Its gotta be better than watching the most scarey thing on tv in the sky poker promo when Tikay says in a very hammer house of horror voice " IT CAME ON THE RIVER ! " :) Also i gotta agree with the comments on here about the brilliant job you are doing to make the live shows as good as they are, some fantastic guests and great banter. Nice 1.
    Posted by rentisdue
    At the moment the technology would only allow us to focus on one Master Cash table. Hpefully once we move studios and upgrade the systems this can be developed further.

REALLY appreciate the feedback on the channel. All working hard hear to bring you a good mixture of entertainment and poker. Got some more exciting things coming soon :)
  • edited October 2011

This sounds like a great idea, something i would definitely watch :)