You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MY LAST THREAD / DENIS.

edited February 2011 in Poker Chat

THERE'S NO POINT IN POSTING OR THREADING HERE ANYMORE ,
YOU CAN AGREE WITH 99% OF WHAT GOES ON ,
BUT AS SOON AS YOU PUT UP AN OBJECTIVE VIEW .
YOU GET DISCUSSION CLOSED .
WAY TO CHILD LIKE ,
GROW UP TK & BERNIE ITS 2011 NOT THE DARK AGES ,

GONE THAT'S ITS BYE ALL .

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Good luck dennis, I was doing blogs and they were scrutinised before they were published-- why they did'nt just tell you to edit it is quite beyond me---- ridiculous carry on imo
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: MY LAST THREAD / DENIS.:
    Good luck dennis, I was doing blogs and they were scrutinised before they were published-- why they did'nt just tell you to edit it is quite beyond me---- ridiculous carry on imo
    Posted by oynutter
    +1
    DONT GIVE UP DENNIS
    YOU KNOW DEEP DOWN SKY IS BETTER THAN FULLTILT OR POKERSTARS ETC,
    WE ALL ENJOY AND LEARN LOTS FROM YOUR POST,
    ITS JUST LIKE POKER FULL OF UP'S AND DOWN'S

LIAM
  • edited February 2011
    Don't blame you mate, to quote Rik in The Young Ones, "Blimey, it's like living in Nazi Germany!"

I'm sure there will be plenty who will be quick to post that it is you who are being childish but they will be missing the big picture.

Time and time again posts and entire threads are removed or closed not for abuse, foul language or any other reason other than that Sky don't want you to see it.

"It's their site/forum/rules/blah blah" will be the usual responses.

Well sorry but if the forum isn't open to discussions about how the site works and removes obviously humorous posts/threads that are even slightly near the knuckle then what's the point in even bothering.

But I hope that you will continue to post because your presence would be sorely missed.

Too many good soldiers have already been lost.

While I feel the same myself I will continue to fight the good fight and until the ominous knock at the door in the middle of the night.

Good luck sir, I wish you the very best.
  • edited February 2011
    Don't blame you mate, to quote Rik in The Young Ones, "Blimey, it's like living in Nazi Germany!" I'm sure there will be plenty who will be quick to post that it is you who are being childish but they will be missing the big picture. Time and time again posts and entire threads are removed or closed not for abuse, foul language or any other reason other than that Sky don't want you to see it. "It's their site/forum/rules/blah blah" will be the usual responses. Well sorry but if the forum isn't open to discussions about how the site works and removes obviously humorous posts/threads that are even slightly near the knuckle then what's the point in even bothering. But I hope that you will continue to post because your prescense would be sorely missed. Too many good soldiers have already been lost. While I feel the same myself I will continue to fight the good fight and until the ominous knock at the door in the middle of the night. Good luck sir, I wish you the very best.
    Posted by Darntootin
    im sure i watched on the telle someone said 90% of all forum posts end with Nazi getting mentioned,

Catch u on the tables rover.
  • edited February 2011
  • edited February 2011

Denis...I understand you totally mate. Its Sky Poker being the big bully and it stinks!! I respect you and hope to catch up with you on other sites soon.

Take care pal...dont let the bar stewards get you down!

Oh, and put them blooming shelves up!!!
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: MY LAST THREAD / DENIS. : im sure i watched on the telle someone said 90% of all forum posts end with Nazi getting mentioned, Catch u on the tables rover.
    Posted by The_Don90
    You are referring to Godwin's law:  "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or H****r approaches".

The rule does not make any statement about whether any particular reference or comparison to
    Adolf H***r or the Nazis might be appropriate, but only asserts that the likelihood of such a reference or comparison arising increases as the discussion progresses. It is precisely because such a comparison or reference may sometimes be appropriate, Godwin has argued that overuse of Nazi and H****r comparisons should be avoided, because it robs the valid comparisons of their impact. (Source: Wikipedia)

Aware of this falling into this trap that is why I quoted a famous 80's sitcom in an over the top but humourous manner to make what I feel is a quite valid point.

• edited February 2011
    In Response to MY LAST THREAD / DENIS.:
    THERE'S NO POINT IN POSTING OR THREADING HERE ANYMORE , YOU CAN AGREE WITH 99% OF WHAT GOES ON , BUT AS SOON AS YOU PUT UP AN OBJECTIVE VIEW . YOU GET DISCUSSION CLOSED . WAY TO CHILD LIKE , GROW UP TK & BERNIE ITS 2011 NOT THE DARK AGES , GONE THAT'S ITS BYE ALL .
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    verry sad to hear this
    not sure whats been done/said
    but it must of been pretty big to get u to move
    gl mate u will be a big miss
  • edited February 2011
    Sky Poker is a business.

The decisions made about blogs/forum posts are made from a business point of view and not a personal one.

• edited February 2011
    You making this an annual thing Den?  ;)

Hope you reconsider, if not take care mate.
  • edited February 2011
    See you on the tables Denis, you will be missed on the forum.

I do agree with Ryan though, i'm afraid, it's nothing personal, just the way Sky Poker choose to operate their forum/business.

Hope you reconsider.

Greg
  • edited February 2011

Hi Denis............Really haven't a clue what's been said and to lose you from the forum/ community is catastrophic imo.
    You've been a stalwart and a good friend to so many of us, your knowledge of the game and your willingness to educate / help us when asked has been a breath of fresh air (esp. in this world of me,me,me all the time).
     I for one would be gutted to lose you and  sincerely hope there could be some dialogue between all the parties involved to find some common ground to find a solution.

Once again Denis, please accept our thanks and keep your chin up Buddy.....all my regards Billy.   

EDIT: just caught up with reading other thread wrt what's been said....ie; I'm clued up now.
  • edited February 2011
    RIP Denis :(

May my thoughts be with your family, im here for them all

I'm sure i will see you at the tables and if your lucky headbook!

Also a joke what has triggered this all dont see how suggesting the rake is too high is a problem, there is such thing as a discussion you can have either on here or via pm. very childish all this closing threads imo, if people want to voice their opinions let them.

On the note of Yes man, top film :)
  • edited February 2011
    Totally agree with the way YOUNG_GUN puts it and you KNOW how much us lot will miss you xxx
  • edited February 2011
     sorry to here this denis you have helped many of us and a big thankyou from me take care hope to see you on the tables
  • edited February 2011
    Nice post Annie i have pm'd him to that affect, no point being stubborn or proud if he wants to come back then he should. can completely understand why he has done this with all the help he has given to 100's players on here, will be a big miss if he does go for good but he did say will be at the tables on the brightside :)

Roverman stick around dude, maybe if you got something on your mind pm bernie and sort it out between yourselves

• edited February 2011
    As Annie says, give it a few days Desmond before you make any decisions, i'v had comments and threads closed in the past and its very easy to take it personal (think mine was to do with nipple clamps)

I blame Sky Rich for moving over to bingo with all them milfs, he wouldnt let this happen 

two fat ladies (quack quack)

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: MY LAST THREAD / DENIS. : im sure i watched on the telle someone said 90% of all forum posts end with Nazi getting mentioned, Catch u on the tables rover.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Godwin's law:  As a forum discussion grows longer, the probability that someone draws a comparison to Hi***r/the Nazis approaches 1.
  • edited February 2011
    This is bad news for us all at the lower stakes levels. Just imagine all the notes he will have on us he will know every card in our hands. Come on Sky please resolve the issues with our mate Denis otherwise our bankrolls will suffer :o(
    Denis as I am a former Trade Union FTO, I accept that you have to know when to pull up the drawbridge or take your bat and ball home but it is obvious to any one reading these and past posts that you are a well respected member of this site. Folks look forward to reading your posts and blogs don't give it up mate as we will all be the poorer for it if you do.

Much respect Ray
  • edited February 2011
    Didnt read the blog but irish dont stop posting on this forum your blogs and forum posts are very useful to players like myself please keep up the good work. 

kind regards slaver. 
  • edited February 2011
    lol!

Annie......

r u on the wine 24 hours a day?????????
  • edited February 2011
    It's no fun sitting on the outside looking in the sweet shop window. I thought you had more metal in you than "My Hubby" who ran off at the first hurdle. You can't win the war if you give up because you lost a battle.  "You wouldn't give up a Game of Poker if you lost a hand".   "Remember the man who sat under the tree and the apple fell on his head". "Well, it's not that story, it's the one about the man watching the Spider re-built it's Web after it was demolished".  "I think he went on to glory". "Sweaty Socks" will know that one". "So stop crying,  pull up your Pants and get back out there fighting".  "Within the Rules that is".  "See my Thread about Benny pointing the finger. "?  Hugs and more Hugs Love.     Annie x
    Posted by logdon
    Absolute gem....................had me in stitches...............bless you Annie
  • edited February 2011
    awwwww Denis
    as you know I am very new to the skypoker community but the biggest impact on me so far is how many people you have helped to develop their game. Your b/r management blog enthralled me and taught me LOADS.
    I don't know anything about sky's technicalities regarding threads and blogs but WHAT I ABSOLUTELY DO KNOW is that your dedication and commitment to the community SHINES through.
    I was really hoping that you could be my mentor
    Thank you for the advice and help you have already given to me personally and I really really really really really (is that enough "really's") DON'T want you to go.
    Please reconsider. Much love and hugs to you Rover
    Lorraine xx
  • edited February 2011

Idea inspired by a post from Darntootin on ur DYM thread Irish Man - Why not change the title of this thread, and continue to use the forum, but only on this thread, and existing threads started by yourself.

Seperate yourself from everything else on the forum.

Abit like Benny-Dip did with his x-files thread, use this one for your thoughts, even write mini blogs, tips, tourny results, sharkscope help, advertise forum games etc etc etc,

All the good stuff on the forum, and the good stuff you bring too......

I'm sure it will be popular..............

Rather than caring so much about what's going on, turn it round and give a tongue in cheek perspective at some of the farcical goings on ;)

Continue with your micro help in the clinic, and your DYM challenge, and leave everything else that goes on in your poker world to this thread.

Could become a cracker, Just a thought.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

• edited February 2011
    I blame lucy7777 for starting all these i'm leaving threads!

• edited February 2011
    It's no fun sitting on the outside looking in the sweet shop window. I thought you had more metal in you than "My Hubby" who ran off at the first hurdle. You can't win the war if you give up because you lost a battle.  "You wouldn't give up a Game of Poker if you lost a hand".   "Remember the man who sat under the tree and the apple fell on his head". "Well, it's not that story, it's the one about the man watching the Spider re-built it's Web after it was demolished".  "I think he went on to glory". "Sweaty Socks" will know that one". "So stop crying,  pull up your Pants and get back out there fighting".  "Within the Rules that is".  "See my Thread about Benny pointing the finger. "?  Hugs and more Hugs Love.     Annie x
    Posted by logdon
    Lol great post Annie!
    Sent you a pm Denis
  • edited February 2011
    Tis a shame to lose u dennis

One of the few people willing to help others

Hope u reconsider

GL whatever
  • edited February 2011
    Thread titles will never be as long again!
  • edited February 2011
    DONT TREAD ON THE BEAR...this forum has rapidly gone downbank,voice your opinion if they dont like it cut you off,i notice alot of the regulars dunna post or reply to threads anymore,especially the humorous guys which are the ones i like to read,the fun seems to be disappearing at an alarming rate.
    i dont know what you put in your blog denis cuz it wanna there when i went to read it,but if you conna question the big organisations if you think something is amiss well whats the point of a democracy.
    gl mr irish you,ll be missed, the forum will be a poorer place without you,see you on the tables
    to many cheifs blaa blaa blaa