You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MY LAST THREAD / DENIS.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Im sure we all know this!!!

Good luck Denis

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search Freedom of speech is the right to state one's opinions and ideas without being stopped or punished. Sometimes this is also called Freedom of expression. Freedom of speech is thought to also include Freedom of information. However, new laws are usually needed to allow information to be used easily.Most people think freedom of speech is necessary for a democratic government. In countries without free speech, people might be afraid to say what they think. Then, the government does not know what the people want. If it does not know what they want, it cannot respond to their wants. Without free speech, the government does not have to worry as much about doing what the people want. Some people say this is why some governments do not allow free speech: they do not want to be criticised, or they fear there would be revolution if everyone knew everything that was happening in the country.A well-known liberal thinker, John Stuart Mill, believed that freedom of speech is not as important because everyone should have a right to express him or herself, but because the society they live in should have a right to hear that person's ideas.Few countries with "free speech" let everything be said. For example, the United States Supreme Court said that it was against the law to shout "fire" in a crowded theater if there is no fire, because this might cause people to panic. Also, some countries have laws against hate speech. [1]
  • edited February 2011
    The line is thin and people are treading it from both sides, one day the line will break, but lets hope we can build a bridge and meet in the middle or make it to the other side.

Very best of luck it your quests Dennis

Yours Sincerely
    Pokertrev.
  • edited February 2011
    Pokertrev you are a well-meaning cheeseball!

I am also reminded of lucky7777 (come on Denis, 'woe is me' just isn't your style) though mega irritation understood.
  • edited February 2011
    I really dont see why kKy couldnt have just contacted Dennis and asked him to phrase his comment about the rake at low stakes a little more diplomatically. Of course, this only applies if the problem was how he said it and not what he actually said. If the blog was actually pulled because he gave his opinion that the low stakes rake is too high it is an over reaction.
  • edited February 2011
    dennis is still playing on sky from what i gather, i dont think he is going anywhere!!!  as for the amount of effort he puts into threads and bloggs is 2nd to done and newer players will lose out that is for sure. if andy gray isnt allowed to get away with a tongue in cheek remark about an official what chance have we got!!. just remember sky, the best bit about playing poker here isnt the rake , it isnt the standard of play it is the COMMUNITY, and if you have peeeefed off one of your most loyal members then everybody losses. health and safety gone mad i tell you!!!
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Get over yourself:
    Pokertrev you are a well-meaning cheeseball! I am also reminded of lucky7777 (come on Denis, 'woe is me' just isn't your style) though mega irritation understood.
    Posted by RogueCell
    Oh Nooooo!!!!!!! - Don't tell me cheesy breaks the forum rules lol.
  • edited February 2011
    I find it interesting that no one from sky check's these blogs before they are put up???

It would save alot of public hastle if someone had said to Dennis parts where not correct for sky's brand.

Would of saved Donald a lot of grief too ;)

• edited February 2011
    I can understand that you must feel pee'd off Denis. Sky won't back down, apologise or ask you to stay. Management doesn't work that way. 

Bite your lip and start posting again, and we'll all pretend this thread was never started ....... just think about it. 

You could call it........... 

''Why I have come back and will be posting again every day for the rest of my life, because I love this community and no matter what the suits do, I will not be thwarted ever again even if the rake is too high on micro DYM's and they won't let me say so''

....................... In true Rover style. :o)
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: MY LAST THREAD / DENIS.:
    I can understand that you must feel pee'd off Denis. Sky won't back down, apologise or ask you to stay. Management doesn't work that way.  Bite your lip and start posting again, and we'll all pretend this thread was never started ....... just think about it.  You could call it...........  ''Why I have come back and will be posting again every day for the rest of my life, because I love this community and no matter what the suits do, I will not be thwarted ever again even if the rake is too high on micro DYM's and they won't let me say so'' ....................... In true Rover style. :o)
    Posted by elsadog
    Actually  - I think dennis would have came up with a much longer tread title - but good effort Elsa lol.
  • edited February 2011
    Come on den,   I thought this was a two way street between you and us,  You give us all help and advice and in return we accept it!  :)

Remember the bug story where he built something or other and im sure it worked out in the end, Plus I have only got two friends one is emilyegg who invited me when chatbanned And you who has his hand on the grenade pin!!!  

Put it down man,   take a step back,      take a deep breath,   Ahhhhhhhh relax

PS  if you realy are determined to storm the building ill stand outside and hold the torch.

Peter
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: MY LAST THREAD / DENIS. : Actually  - I think dennis would have came up with a much longer tread title - but good effort Elsa lol.
    Posted by POKERTREV

:o)

• edited February 2011
    I can understand that you must feel pee'd off Denis. Sky won't back down, apologise or ask you to stay. Management doesn't work that way.  Bite your lip and start posting again, and we'll all pretend this thread was never started ....... just think about it.  You could call it...........  ''Why I have come back and will be posting again every day for the rest of my life, because I love this community and no matter what the suits do, I will not be thwarted ever again even if the rake is too high on micro DYM's and they won't let me say so'' ....................... In true Rover style. :o)
    Posted by elsadog
    lol Alan! this is why I luv you! Hilarious! Go on Denis..use that title :)
    ps...please change your avatar Alan..it's dead creepy!!!! xxx
  • edited February 2011
    the thing that gets me is, i asked tikay a question that he was not qualified to give a response to and sent it up to the mods on tues day for an answer , 3days later i am still waiting for a response ( not a dig at tikay) yet something on the forum can and does get jumped on in under an hour!!!
  • edited February 2011
    Come on Dennyboy...Remember the advice you gave to Candi...Time to take a dose of your own medicine pal!!!

Keep calm...carry on!!!!

You can't petition on behalf of the micro's if you're not on the site...Plus, you still owe me a visit to an SPT!!!!

xx

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: MY LAST THREAD / DENIS. : lol Alan! this is why I luv you! Hilarious! Go on Denis..use that title :) ps...please change your avatar Alan..it's dead creepy!!!! xxx
    Posted by BananaDog

That's my bestest yellow jumper and bacofoil hat.     I'm hurt and may never post again.

• edited February 2011
    Hi Den ,
             Thank you for your reply to my P.M. as i told you i look forward 2 seeing you at the tables mate.
     Its a shame about 6-7 months ago when you were getting all that c rap abuse from a certain player that someone from Sky Poker didnt react as quick then as they have done now .
            You are a top top man Denis and good luck with your poker mate.
                                          Regards  Mick.
  • edited February 2011
    One of my blogs was edited because I told the story of when I asked some Jehova's witnesses "why did God make dinosaurs"-- they did'nt know, but the next week they came back and said that he made them " to fertilise the earth"--- so I asked them why it was that God could make a 70 foot long beast that could eat a tree for breakfast, and yet he couldn't make that brown stuff that everyone else uses to fertilise the earth?

Why was denis's blog not simply edited, like mine was?
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: MY LAST THREAD / DENIS. : That's my bestest yellow jumper and bacofoil hat.     I'm hurt and may never post again.
    Posted by elsadog
    lol, ok i withdraw my comment! Please don't go! xxx ;)
  • edited February 2011
    dont know what you said m8 but i know they over react and dont even tell you or contact you regarding stuff that can easily be resolved. I had it when i was asked to write a blog and because i said about playing as a woman as a joke they decided to cut my girlfreinds account off. No judge no jury just st8 to execution. Some good interaction with the guys at sky on here but the people in charge who make these descisions have no soul or sense of humour. Its people like you and me and all the other punters that make the forums great and do them good business and they should remember that and as far as im concerned i know its a business but they do make it personal. GL m8 you made me feel welcome on here :)
  • edited February 2011
    I'm surprised they haven't said 'this thread has run its course' and im closing it yet! I have been a regular contributor to this forum for 2 years now and i can honestly say that it definitely has gone downhill! The 'forum is an open place for civil discussion' is a load of rubbish, i wont use the Hittler analogy because that would belittle the arguments, but its like living in Stalinist Russia. Everytime a post is detrimental to sky, they remove it, even if its a fair comment. i know its their ball so to speak, but its like they want us all to be like little robotic clones all nodding in agreement to the current sky business model. This used to be fun, each day i could log in and find 7-8 great threads, some had me in stitches, now its generally gone to pot, at least we used to have sky rich to give a personal touch to the forum, now he's gone to bingo's new there is no one, the only involvement we get now is, 'this thread has run its course' 'im removing some of these posts' and to be honest i have been contributing less and less over the last few weeks because the forum is getting tiresome, the RNG thread was one of the best for ages and was great reading and they close it! Anything exciting and near the knuckle is now removed or closed, and thats why this place is starting to bore the pants off me, and believe me thats hard to do!
  • edited February 2011
    Denis

I can understand why you're unhappy with what's gone on, but much of your last blog was about how you enjoy the social side of the forum and the tables. Think hard before you cut yourself off from that side of the game because Sky won't worry one way or the other, it's yourself and those of us on the site who you help and entertain that will lose out.

I completely agree with the comments about the rake at the lower end, but the blog probably wasn’t the right platform for those comments, and I’d guess you’ll see that once the dust settles. I am surprised, though, that it wasn’t spotted by Sky and dealt with between Sky and yourself before it went public.

I’m also surprised that the RNG topic was moved and closed. Wild rants in area51 about the site being fixed are common, yet a largely measured debate between site regs in general chat needs action taken??? It does give the impression that there might be something to hide, although the day I truly believe that I’d have to quit.

On a personal note it’s been a pleasure meeting you on the site. It was great to have a friend request from one of the site regs when I first came onto the forum, and the sharkscope blog in particular promises to have a great effect on how and why I play the game.

Hope you reconsider quitting the forum, but if not good luck and hope to see you on the tables soon.

Cheers

Robin
  • edited February 2011
    I'm surprised they haven't said 'this thread has run its course' and im closing it yet! I have been a regular contributor to this forum for 2 years now and i can honestly say that it definitely has gone downhill! The 'forum is an open place for civil discussion' is a load of rubbish, i wont use the Hittler analogy because that would belittle the arguments, but its like living in Stalinist Russia. Everytime a post is detrimental to sky, they remove it, even if its a fair comment. i know its their ball so to speak, but its like they want us all to be like little robotic clones all nodding in agreement to the current sky business model. This used to be fun, each day i could log in and find 7-8 great threads, some had me in stitches, now its generally gone to pot, at least we used to have sky rich to give a personal touch to the forum, now he's gone to bingo's new there is no one, the only involvement we get now is, 'this thread has run its course' 'im removing some of these posts' and to be honest i have been contributing less and less over the last few weeks because the forum is getting tiresome, the RNG thread was one of the best for ages and was great reading and they close it! Anything exciting and near the knuckle is now removed or closed, and thats why this place is starting to bore the pants off me, and believe me thats hard to do!
    Posted by loonytoons

Well said

• edited February 2011
    jump! jump! jump!
  • edited February 2011
    Denis I can understand why you're unhappy with what's gone on, but much of your last blog was about how you enjoy the social side of the forum and the tables. Think hard before you cut yourself off from that side of the game because Sky won't worry one way or the other, it's yourself and those of us on the site who you help and entertain that will lose out. I completely agree with the comments about the rake at the lower end, but the blog probably wasn’t the right platform for those comments, and I’d guess you’ll see that once the dust settles. I am surprised, though, that it wasn’t spotted by Sky and dealt with between Sky and yourself before it went public. I’m also surprised that the RNG topic was moved and closed. Wild rants in area51 about the site being fixed are common, yet a largely measured debate between site regs in general chat needs action taken??? It does give the impression that there might be something to hide, although the day I truly believe that I’d have to quit. On a personal note it’s been a pleasure meeting you on the site. It was great to have a friend request from one of the site regs when I first came onto the forum, and the sharkscope blog in particular promises to have a great effect on how and why I play the game. Hope you reconsider quitting the forum, but if not good luck and hope to see you on the tables soon. Cheers Robin
    Posted by harding10

well said                        quality of posts is on the up if nothing else

• edited February 2011
    jump! jump! jump!
    Posted by hurst05

lol and the humour is still there too

• edited February 2011
     I think I should take him to my dungeon hideaway chain him to the bed and spank him within a inch of his life until he promises to return. Anyone like to join him.?
    Posted by logdon
    I'm interested

what are you using as a spanker?

• edited February 2011
     I think I should take him to my dungeon hideaway chain him to the bed and spank him within a inch of his life until he promises to return. Anyone like to join him.?
    Posted by logdon
    me too so long as i dont have to ware a blind fold
  • edited February 2011
     It seems strange that no one from Sky Poker as commented on this thread! Since Sky Rich left this forum seems to be going down the pan. We need someone like Rich who can see things from both sides and be the vioce of reason.
     I know Tikay may be busy but Im very surprised he hasnt thown is 2 penneth in on this thread.
     It seems strange to me someone like Den as been treated with such disregard when all he as ever done is try to help others and a lot of times as been the glue that as held this forum together.
     I dont know how much of anything I have put in this post makes sense because my head is in a whirl at this moment in time. If anyone reads this and think what a load of rubbish please just ignore. Thank you Steve.
  • edited February 2011
    i put this up in area51 about myself now i`m thinking this should be directed at sky, hope you reconsider otherwise i`ll see you on table

I`M NOT NUTS BUT INSANE OR AM I INSANE AND NOT NUTS, COULD BE NUTS AND INSANE OR INSANE AND NUTS I COULD BE ALL 8
  • edited February 2011
      Shame,    BIG   BIG loss to the community if you seriously go ahead with this.
         Imo everything you've written ( and b loody hell you've written a lot)
         has been from the heart and without malice, whether people agree with you or not.
         It is your opinion and you surely have the right to your opinion on an open forum.

Hope you reconsider

Regards

Taras