You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

5p/10p cash tables max buy in amount - Please Vote!

edited March 2011 in Poker Chat
Hi all

At the start of the week belsibub started a thread in the community suggestions section regarding the maximum buy in amounts on the 5p/10p cash tables. If you haven't seen it then the link is here

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat:57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum:3e58dba3-40f2-494c-9832-8812694e9fe6Discussion:8c35a5c5-1a5d-4a32-a8bd-249ddd945ad7&plckShowFirstUnread=1

This is something I feel quite strongly about for various reasons but any time anyone from Sky have responded I've always been told that apparently the people playing at this level want this level of buy in. I'm not convinced that is correct as so many people have argued against it yet nothing changes.

The industry standard is a maximum buy in of 100 big blinds (although a lot of sites also offer deep & shallow stack tables too). Every other level on here is a max of 100 bigs (with the exception of 2 tables at 2/4p which offer 250bb buy in) so why is this level any different? IMO the vast majority of people which play at this level do so because their bankroll dictates. I think that buying in for 200 bigs promotes poor brm management.

I would personally like to see this changed to fall in line with not just the industry standard but also the standard for every other level on this site. At the very least I would like a compromise like on the 2/4p tables so people at least have a choice. If I want to risk losing £20 at the cash tables then I'd rather do it at 10/20p level.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    just sit with £10
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: 5p/10p cash tables max buy in amount - Please Vote!:
    when you follow a strict bankroll management plan ,like myself,,,,,,and im now ready to move up to 5 10 ,bankroll management goes out the window ,some people will argue that i don't have to buyin for the max and just buyin for £10 ,,,,,yes ,sounds simple don't it ,,,but ,and a big BUT ,this is ,,,,,,,lets say i double up to £20 ,someone sits down with £20 and we both get it allin ,and i lose ,im now at a loss of £10,,,,
    and if you win your £30 up! theres always going to be players sat with 200bb deep no matter what level without this extra buyin option, so theres still a risk your going to clash and lose it anyway. 
  • edited February 2011
    if i win ,its great obviously ,but when i double up ,at this level ,regardless of if im running hot or comfortable playing my opponents ,im leaving ,and going to another table ,its all down to bankroll management ,.....if i want to play for 20 quid ,i will play 10 20 wouldn't i ?          i mean if they changed 25 50 tonight to 200bb ,there would be hell pay ,so why is it different at this level ? myself personally ,i just want some sort of feedback from sky poker as to why this is ? that is all ten
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    so if you doubled from £10 to £20 you stand anyway, so theres no risk of you losing to someone sat 200bb deep. they should give you the option, have normal tables, and introduce short stack/deep stack tables although im confident these will not work at higher limit levels, if they did introduce em.
  • edited February 2011
    As i have said before reg's at this level are used to it and won't want it to change but i can't see how it would hurt anyone to have 1 or 2 100 max buy-in's tables for those of us that want to stick to brm.Yes you are always going to have uneven stacks at a table some big some small but it is principal of the matter of brm.If i buy-in for £10 at the moment i am playing short stacked which changes the dynamics of play. 

Thanks to slientbob for the thread.
  • edited February 2011
    As i have said before reg's at this level are used to it and won't want it to change but i can't see how it would hurt anyone to have 1 or 2 100 max buy-in's tables for those of us that want to stick to brm.Yes you are always going to have uneven stacks at a table some big some small but it is principal of the matter of brm.If i buy-in for £10 at the moment i am playing short stacked which changes the dynamics of play.  Thanks to slientbob for the thread.
    Posted by belsibub
    Exactly this.

Hurst mate, I understand what you're saying but I think it's too simplistic to say just buy in for 100bb. As belsibub has stated it does completely change the dynamic of the game. I sometimes play 10/20 also (depending on where my br is) & I'm always careful as to what table I sit at in regards to the stack sizes. If people enjoy buying in this deep at this level then that's fine but all some of us are asking for is to at least have the choice & right now we have none.
  • edited February 2011
    just sit with £10
    Posted by hurst05
    this

if u sit with £10, its doesn't matter if you get involved with someone who has £30, the effective stack is still 100bbs!!
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: 5p/10p cash tables max buy in amount - Please Vote! : this if u sit with £10, its doesn't matter if you get involved with someone who has £30, the effective stack is still 100bbs!!
    Posted by SHANXTA
    Again, I understand what you're saying but it's quite clear that people don't feel comfortable with things as they are though. 

Most people try to move up the levels using sensible bankroll management but with the current set up it's not allowing people to do this. If it was the same across all levels then fine but it's not is it. It's only at this one level.
  • edited February 2011

Don't see the problem with it...

But...

There's absolutely no reason why there shouldn't be a choice. 

There's no reason for it to take any longer than 1/2 days to implement, there should be 100xbb tables in the lobby by dinnertime on Monday.

Will probably take 3 weeks for the thread to be sent off and a further 3 weeks before you hear anything back though.

GL with it.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: 5p/10p cash tables max buy in amount - Please Vote! : ok ,so your happy if sky change all the cash tables to 200bb deep ,your ok with this?
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    Of course he's not,and even if he was there would be plenty who would not be
  • edited February 2011
    Personally yes I would be happy for them to do that, I could still sit with 100bbs if i chose to.

I agree that its very weird that it's only at one level, and as dohhhhhh says i'm sure it could be changed pretty quick, it won't be, but it could be!

Also i don't see how it affects BRM if you still buy in for 100bbs
  • edited February 2011
    This doesnt bother me at all, but All levels from nl4 to nl100 it should be the same structure all the way through ovb have a deep stacked option at each level......so i think it should be changed for sure!!......but TBH it bothers  me more when you get someone with 10bigs allowed to  join and annoyingly sits to your left ruining the table dynamics
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: 5p/10p cash tables max buy in amount - Please Vote! : ok ,so your happy if sky change all the cash tables to 200bb deep ,your ok with this?
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    if they changed every table to this i guarantee the majority of players still only sit with 100bb's
  • edited February 2011
    What is the first thing all the annalists and guests say on cash tables buy-in for the max to maximise your profits and give yourself room to play. You don't see any of top players short stacking it would severely reduce the amount of moves aloud to them.
  • edited February 2011
    At 20nl they have one deepstack (200bbs) table, and the rest are 100bbs max.

I don't see why they don't or can't do this at 10nl?
  • edited February 2011
    THIS THREAD IS RIDIC

Hurst hit it on the head sit with 100 bbs, you are not shortstacked and the dynamics do not change, the only time the dynamics change is if you double up then you will be playing deep with other who have 200bbs, if you feel uncomfortable with that then take your profit and run

• edited February 2011
    like donkey says there is a table at n20 where the max bi is £40. have played it many a time and i bi for £20. this DOESNT change the game at all !!, if its going in its going in regardless if i have 20 40 1000 quid sat in front of me. yes there should be a choice, but to say it changes the game is daft!!
  • edited February 2011
    ps, when you sit down at most tables you almost always have 2/3 players with more than the max bi, whats the difference?
  • edited February 2011
    so next week  ,next Saturday ,the cash 300 show ,people start sitting down with £600 ,there will be nothing said?  im playing 10 nl,i expect to sit down for £10,not £20 .i always buyin for the max ,and this level is not in line with the rest of the site ,it needs to be changed ..............its not about ,buying  in for a £10 ,its not about leave when ive doubled up,its not a about i cant  see  a problem with it ,its not about it doesn't change the dynamics of the game ,and its not about this thread is ridic ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the bottom line is its 10nl and the max buyin is £20 ,,,,,ITS WRONG ,it needs to be changed ,and brought in line with the rest of the site ,,,,,,,,jeeeezzz how many times have you got to repeat yourself?
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    THIS.
  • edited February 2011
    its nl 10p that means the big blind is 10p not that you buyin for £10 (but it is the norm i agree 100bbs) its just a deep stack table thats all

i dread to think what would happen if the introduced ante tables lol
  • edited February 2011
    like donkey says there is a table at n20 where the max bi is £40. have played it many a time and i bi for £20. this DOESNT change the game at all !!, if its going in its going in regardless if i have 20 40 1000 quid sat in front of me. yes there should be a choice, but to say it changes the game is daft!!
    Posted by pod1
    Ok if all the money goes in on a cooler and i have bought in for £10 i win and double up to £20 but if i had bought in for the max ignoring brm i could have £40 (minus any rake obv). This does does not promote good brm.All i want is the choice to play like every other level 100bb if i wanted to play deep stack thats my choice and should not be the only choice.
  • edited February 2011
    belsibub, this is all ifs buts and maybes. "if" you are still on £10 "if" the player has more than you, "but what if" you have built up to£15 and you go in against someone with£5 in front of him. no one is saying there shouldnt be tables at nl10 with 100bis (everyone i think agrees with that) but the arguments for why dont stack up. it is a level playing field after all,EVERY player has the option of playing with 100bb or200 bb its your choice. but to say you are at a disadvantage is not credable. yes nl300 will sit down with the max because of confidence in there ability and yes it is the right thing to do, but this aint nl300!  the amount of people at nl10 who sit down with £6.44 etc is huge. i play nl 10/20/30 and the deciding factor for me which table i choose isnt the buyin or my br, its the players at the table, this will play a much bigger facter in a winning/losing session
  • edited February 2011
    The most annoying thing about NL10 is when you want to re loadf quick to 100bb you have to press max buy in and then delete the first digit so that you dont buy in for 200bb.. just change it to 100bb as standard then no complaints
  • edited February 2011

Choice is the determining factor.As i have said in previous posts i know there are always going to be large and short stacks at a table and sky and the reg's at this level won't want it to change.All i am asking for is the choice of a couple of £10 max tables(as all 100bb levels offer deepstacks) so people can play what they are used to.Imo there is a demand for them and would not hurt to try.

• edited February 2011
    So glad I dont play cash....seems more controversial than rebuys!!
  • edited February 2011

I agree all tables should be 100bb max but on my list of changes I would like to see on site it comes about 134056th on the list. What affects the games most is the minimum buy in. Which should be more than 10bb.

• edited February 2011
    The most annoying thing about NL10 is when you want to re loadf quick to 100bb you have to press max buy in and then delete the first digit so that you dont buy in for 200bb.. just change it to 100bb as standard then no complaints
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    this exactly often stopped me getting it in intime for the next hand. I now wont reload at this level.

Its clear to me that NL10 regs want the change, and non-NL10 players dont want it.

What Hurst and other seem to miss, is yes people can double up and still lose it all, but at least i know i lost that £20 to a guy who earnt £10 and made it, rather than some random joe who is allowed to buy in more than me. I wont play deep stacked tables at NL4 or NL20. The only table i use the 250BI rule is the NL4 HU table.
  • edited February 2011
    You dont have to load £20 you can load £10 or even £2.... if you cant afford £20 maybe your BR is to small for 10nl anyway.
  • edited February 2011
    There's a completely different way of playing 200bb's deep compared to 100bb's.  IMO there should be an option of buying in deep but only on specific 'deep' tables.  So each level has standard 100bb buyin tables and deep 200bb buyin tables.  Choose whichever one you want to sit at and how much you want to sit with.
    Minimum buyins should deffo be raised to at least 20bb's unless a 'shallow' table option is implemented
  • edited February 2011
    You dont have to load £20 you can load £10 or even £2.... if you cant afford £20 maybe your BR is to small for 10nl anyway.
    Posted by waynec
    hey wayne dont want sound sound disrespectful so i mean this in the deepest respects. Yes i can buy in for less, but my concearn is what other people are buyin in for after me.

and the people that want it changed maybe work on a 15-20BI rule which means their safe for NL10 but only for 100BB

Therefore in their BR terms if they could afford £20 theyd just play NL20 which would make NL10 completely pointless/
  • edited February 2011
    Posted by waynec
    Wow such bad advice and flawed thinking.... at 1st i thought it was a level