You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

5p/10p cash tables max buy in amount - Please Vote!

2»

Comments

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: 5p/10p cash tables max buy in amount - Please Vote!:
    In Response to Re: 5p/10p cash tables max buy in amount - Please Vote! : hey wayne dont want sound sound disrespectful so i mean this in the deepest respects. Yes i can buy in for less, but my concearn is what other people are buyin in for after me. and the people that want it changed maybe work on a 15-20BI rule which means their safe for NL10 but only for 100BB Therefore in their BR terms if they could afford £20 theyd just play NL20 which would make NL10 completely pointless/
    Posted by The_Don90
    Exactly this

TBH I'm not arguing against what anyone has said about the larger stacks & the like but I personally would like to have a choice.

• edited February 2011
    i have totally misread the point of this thread, i didn't realise that ALL these tables have a 200bb buy in option which i do find rather strange, my apologies for not reading this properly
  • edited February 2011
    i have totally misread the point of this thread, i didn't realise that ALL these tables have a 200bb buy in option which i do find rather strange, my apologies for not reading this properly
    Posted by N1CK
    Well done on being very honest,i wonder if anyone else will do the same? xxx
  • edited February 2011
    Does anyone have any idea why the standard buy-in for 5p-10p is 200bbs? It has been for as long as I can remember and I've never heard a plausible explaination. I'm sure this point was raised a long time ago and the only comment to come from Sky was 'our players prefer the deepstack structure'. This poll and the comments show this isn't really true.

I think that the max buy-in should be reduced to 100bbs, with a couple of deepstack tables available. This would bring the max buy-in into line with all other levels on the site, and would enable players to follow more easily the advice repeatedly offered by the Sky experts regarding strict BRM and always sitting down with the max at a cash table. Moving up from NL8 to NL10 and sticking to the 5% rule of BRM means you need to increase your roll from 160 quid to 400 quid, this is a big jump...
  • edited February 2011

WHY IS THIS THREAD STILL RUNNING, WHY HASN'T IT BEEN CHANGED, WHY ISNT THERE A CHOICE WHY AM I TYPING LIKE LIAM HAS GOT 5 KINGS.

Just change it and give a choice sky !!!!!!!!!

Why is everything such a blinking big deal on this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bet you could change it within literally 15 minutes.
  • edited February 2011
    i think there is a good case to say that having all these tables 200bb could lead to bad bankroll management, example being if a player gets stuck a buyin its very easy to reload to the max and chase losses which potentially can lead to disaster

the common practice of all the sites i play on is the high % of tables are 100bb with a smaller % of shallow and deep tables

i think that skypoker is letting its customers down by not giving them a choice as far as this matter is concerned and i am fully behind this thread now
  • edited February 2011
    Thanks for your support N1CK & DOHHHHHHH.

To the suits - Any chance of a change? Even if it's just some of the tables to give people the choice?
  • edited February 2011
    i think there is a good case to say that having all these tables 200bb could lead to bad bankroll management, example being if a player gets stuck a buyin its very easy to reload to the max and chase losses which potentially can lead to disaster the common practice of all the sites i play on is the high % of tables are 100bb with a smaller % of shallow and deep tables i think that skypoker is letting its customers down by not giving them a choice as far as this matter is concerned and i am fully behind this thread now
    Posted by N1CK

Are u ok Nick!! never seen you so nice....sit down m8
  • edited February 2011
    *BUMP*

Please can we have some feedback from the suits.

I think the poll results kinda speak for themselves on this issue.
  • edited February 2011
    Hi all,

I've spoken to the powers that be and they are going to look at and review this now.

Regards
    Lee
  • edited February 2011
    Hi all, I've spoken to the powers that be and they are going to look at and review this now. Regards Lee
    Posted by Sky_Lee
    Thank you for the response xx
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: 5p/10p cash tables max buy in amount - Please Vote! : Are u ok Nick!! never seen you so nice....sit down m8
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    i must of been running good lol
  • edited February 2011
    Hi all, I've spoken to the powers that be and they are going to look at and review this now. Regards Lee
    Posted by Sky_Lee
    Thanks Lee, I appreciate it.

Any ideas as to how long it would be before we get a decision? 
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: 5p/10p cash tables max buy in amount - Please Vote! : Thanks Lee, I appreciate it. Any ideas as to how long it would be before we get a decision? 
    Posted by silentbob
    In case Lee misses this......

The decision HAS been made, & it WILL be implemented.

Contrary to what you may think, it cannot be changed at the press of a button, it takes quite a bit of work to implement, & it can ONLY be done during a scheduled outage.

Fingers crossed, that will be quite soon - I'd guess - a guess only - within 7 days.

Don't quote me on that, though. ;)
  • edited February 2011
    Nice one tikay!

I play between 10 and 20nl cash atm, and do find it odd that 10nl is all 200bbs max.

• edited February 2011
    see how as soon as i endorse this thread it gets acted upon..........lol
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: 5p/10p cash tables max buy in amount - Please Vote! : In case Lee misses this...... The decision HAS been made, & it WILL be implemented. Contrary to what you may think, it cannot be changed at the press of a button, it takes quite a bit of work to implement, & it can ONLY be done during a scheduled outage. Fingers crossed, that will be quite soon - I'd guess - a guess only - within 7 days. Don't quote me on that, though. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks for the reply Tikay.

Once again the community has spoken & Sky have listened.

Thank you all
  • edited February 2011
    Apologies for reviving an old thread but can anyone tell me when this will be implemented please.

It's been 10 days since Tikay posted to say it will be changing & whilst I accept it may have to happen during a scheduled outage there have been two or three of those during this time.

• edited February 2011
    Me again chaps

Is there any chance I could have an answer please??? 
  • edited February 2011
    I'm hoping that as it's the middle of the day there is someone around that can give me answer on this please.

It's now two weeks since Lee came on & said this would be reviewed & 13 days since Tikay kindly came on & said that this WILL be implemented.

I have zero experience of running a poker site so I have absolutely no idea what goes on behind the scenes but all I am asking for here is a timescale which I think is a reasonable request.
  • edited February 2011
    Hey Silentbob,

Basically Tikay is right. The change is going to be implemented during a forthcoming outage. We don't have a confirmed date on that though, so it's a case of holding tight for the moment. Definitely on the radar though sir.

Thanks,
    Dave
  • edited February 2011
    hi,

This will indeed be implemented, but we have to have a suitable window to be able to inplement it in as it's not a 2 minute job, and this hasn't been possible yet. We are hoping though that this will be possible in the next couple of weeks.

Regards
    Lee
  • edited February 2011
    Thanks Dave & Lee. 

As I said, I've no idea of the operations behind implementing these things but at least I have an idea of how long it will now take.
  • edited March 2011
    You'll be pleased to know that this change has now been implemented.

Regards
    Lee
  • edited March 2011
    You'll be pleased to know that this change has now been implemented. Regards Lee
    Posted by Sky_Lee
    They're full of annoying short stackers now. Could you change them back please? ;-)
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: 5p/10p cash tables max buy in amount - Please Vote! : They're full of annoying short stackers now. Could you change them back please? ;-)
    Posted by bandini

i LOL'd