You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

It's a Super (Bowl) Primo Party! ***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***

13»

Comments

• edited February 2011
    James/Ed,
    Just won my first MTT in ages, £250BH, for £100+,
    Can you play this final hand, it don't get any better,

There's an American theme in it AA, LOL.
  • edited February 2011
    Evening boys, I'm not watching the show as I have to revise for my mock law exam at 9.30am tomorrow but worry not as I have it sky+'d as my post exam treat!!!!

So, best American film...EASY!!! I have loads but i'll start with 2 absolute comedy classics...

Eddie Murphy's Coming to America & Adam Sandler's Happy Gilmore!!!!

As a house guest I'd have
    - Antonio Esfandiari...that guys wardrobe is better than Blandies ;o)

xx
  • edited February 2011
    Porky's

Kara Scott
    * - because she's best buddies with Lisa-Marie so LM could tag along.  A double-whammy so to speak.

*Canada is in the USA right?
  • edited February 2011
    can i suggest the Oceans series.

Something a lil different and probably the greatest collection of actors in recent memory.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to It's a Super (Bowl) Primo Party! ***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***:
    One of the biggest sporting events on the planet takes place tonight... But enough about Primo, it's Super Bowl Sunday!  Fancy a flutter on the game?  Check THIS out. And, to mark the occasion, tonight's show will have a distinctly American theme - with Ed Giddins promising to speak in a Texan accent for the entire four hours. * So, slice yourself a salt beef sandwich, pop open a Bud (other bottled beers are available) and get yourself registered in the main event: the £15k GTD Primo.  The tournament costs £55 to enter and kicks off at 8pm.  The live TV show begins at 9pm. Ed and I will be following the action from the Primo (don't forget to e-mail those Hand IDs to skyopen@bskyb.com or post them in this forum thread), before we stop by the cash tables and bring you another enthralling and educational instalment of The Poker Clinic.  We'd also like you to answer the following question: Which American poker player would you most like to have as a house guest - and why? Plus, as we all know, Ed's cinematic knowledge is sadly lacking, so can you please nominate the best American film of the last 20 years?  Assuming the G-Man hasn't seen it (it's a fair assumption), we can hopefully persuade him to watch the DVD in the next seven days and give us his own review next Sunday :) * This is blatantly not true
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    SILENCE OF THE LAMBS IS THE BEST
  • edited February 2011
    Who say Brian Blessed playing in the Superbowl!!

Why on earth do some of them cry during Christina Aguilera's rendition of the anthem? Feeling her pain maybe?
  • edited February 2011
    my wife loved bridges of madison, clint eastwood
  • edited February 2011
    I HATE SEVEN....TRIPE
  • edited February 2011
    Se7en is a great film. Definetly wasn't expecting it to turn out the way it did.

Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind would be in my top ten.

• edited February 2011
    Best American film of the last twenty years? The Green Mile
  • edited February 2011
    best american films for me in last 20 years are either...
    Pulp Fiction or I am legend
    Torn between the 2
  • jgnjgn
    edited February 2011
    im going to say joseph cheong because he played great poker in the wsop final table would love to see his view on hands.
  • edited February 2011
    Best American film of the last 20 years: Mulholland Drive
  • edited February 2011

can i lay this down - should I? I know I'm ahead but do i have to play it?
  • edited February 2011
    What about L.A Confidential for best film of last 20 years. I never trusted the farmer in babe after that film.
  • edited February 2011
    thanks for showing that redic fold in the clinic

Ed, i DID check the river to induce a bet. BUT when he bets that big and its a dym... im like what?

And you do see players overbet houses there, sometimes.

Had i known about the player i woulda snapped. In fact, i watched him play the rest of that sng knowing my fold was wrong by the way he played.

hey ho, i still cashed:)
  • edited February 2011
    ed i`v just heard your comments about the £2.20 deepstack being cheap for fishes i.e like the j3 but i woud lke to say there are very good players in it, infact 80% are very good players and the 20% are the one`s we all hook line and sinker, and 2% off time they get away
  • edited February 2011
    "Blade Runner: The Final Cut

Best film of all time - I know I'm showing my age but you deny it

• edited February 2011
    Please show this so I can watch this fabtabuous hand over and over again :S

• edited February 2011
    james i am very sorry for upsetting you i did not realize that me giving my opinion would upset you so much....i watched seven a long time ago so i promise to rent it out again and give it my full attention..

poker player dinner evelyn ng
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: It's a Super (Bowl) Primo Party! ***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***:
    james i am very sorry for upsetting you i did not realize that me giving my opinion would upset you so much....i watched seven a long time ago so i promise to rent it out again and give it my full attention.. poker player dinner evelyn ng
    Posted by jesusdog22
    ;-)
  • jgnjgn
    edited February 2011
    im going to say the rock with sean connolly and nicholas cage and thanks guys for showing my hand on the poker clinic.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: It's a Super (Bowl) Primo Party! ***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***:
    " Blade Runner : The Final Cut Best film of all time - I know I'm showing my age but you deny it
    Posted by GELDY
    changing the rules eh!

I don't mind (well maybe a little bit) bubbling the vv semi with my QQ vs A 10, then I go out of the 2k BH in #7 with my JJ vs - yes you guessed - A 10 suited - but then you try to redefine your american film question to exclude my film

B*ll*cks

BR - final cut did not exist until 2007 so it is absolutely a film of the last 20 years.

sorry for the language but it was one of those nights.
  • edited February 2011

I

send it packers wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

n Response to Re: It's a Super (Bowl) Primo Party! ***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***:

In Response to Re: It's a Super (Bowl) Primo Party! ***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD*** : changing the rules eh! I don't mind (well maybe a little bit) bubbling the vv semi with my QQ vs A 10, then I go out of the 2k BH in #7 with my JJ vs - yes you guessed - A 10 suited - but then you try to redefine your american film question to exclude my film B*ll*cks BR - final cut did not exist until 2007 so it is absolutely a film of the last 20 years. sorry for the language but it was one of those nights.
    Posted by GELDY