You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Friday Night "Cheapstack"? (Well it's not Friday but it's in the lobby)

Sorry donk but £1.10 would be ridiculous £2 & £5 ones are bad enough but if you want one which is similar to Bountyhunter format good luck

most probably see you at the tables tonight :)

Comments

• edited February 2011
    +1 for what YG has said the 7-15pm D/S has turned into the 7-15pm Bingo tourney and the 8-15pm is going the same way.
               How about a D/S tourney for say £10 or £8 i would like to think there would be some intrest in this ,but unless Sky Poker try it we will never know .
                                              Regards   Mick .
  • edited February 2011
    Bad players + deep stacks = easy money. Unless you are one of the aforementioned bad players. 
  • edited February 2011
    Only played a couple of the deepies but cheaper better structures can only encourage more players not to play bingo and turn all tournaments into cr@p shoots.

They may not know any better at first but without providing the better structures they never will.

I'd be up for these (which may prove some of your points), but intend to play some of the 7:15's over the next couple of weeks anyway so may see you at the tables, and get a better understanding of what the problem is.
  • edited February 2011

Its a yes from me trev .

Played this last night for £2.20 had great ENTERTAINMENT  for 4 hours &
     made a little profit .

So defo the more micro deepstacks the better i say .
     Bad beats / Loose callers part of poker .

Deal with bad beats the right way , you make a profit .
     Deal with bad beats  the wrong way , you make a loss.

Registered
    127 / 500
    Players Left
    Chips
    Blind Limits
    Blinds
    Current
    Next
    In
    Stacks
    Largest
    Average
    Smallest
    THE_GERS - £68.58 + 20 League Points
    tuscani - £39.88 + 16 League Points
    hazzer - £27.94 + 14 League Points
    DE_NATURAL - £22.86 + 12 League Points
    IRISHROVER - £18.54 + 10 League Points
    P.S IF THIS KEEPS UP I MAY EVEN RELEASE THE BUNNY BERNIE BACK TO THE SKYPOKER WILD .

anosh - £15.24 + 8 League Points
    DW1867 - £12.70 + 6 League Points
    rossjb14 - £10.16 + 4 League Points
    watchoutAA - £7.62 + 3 League Points
    bigdeal4 - £5.08 + 2 League Points
    bri676 - £2.54 + 1 League Points
    owlsowls - £2.54 + 1 League Points
    matrixman - £2.54 + 1 League Points
    halton - £2.54 + 1 League Points
    crankfish - £2.54 + 1 League Points
    hotflush66 - £2.54 + 1 League Points
    Benieboy - £2.54 + 1 League Points
    mike1958 - £2.54 + 1 League Points
    monkey-boy - £2.54 + 1 League Points
    1964mark15 - £2.54 + 1 League Points

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Friday Night "Cheapstack" anyone?:
    Dear Sky Poker. As you are aware, there are one or two decent deepstack mtts on most nights of the week 7.00 Deepy (£22.00) 7.15 Deepy (£2.20) 8.15 Deepy (£5.50) etc. however, is there any chance we can have a cheapy deapy on friday nights at 7.40-7.45pm ish? I would recommend the format as follows. Entry Fee: £1.00 + £0.10 Blinds: 12mins Starting Stack: 5000 This may also be a good way of introducing new players and micro stake players to deepstack tournements. I would be gratefull if you could give this some thought and let me know at your earliest convenience. Yours Sincerely Pokertrev. If any forum poker peeps think this is something they would be interested in you can exprees your support below.  
    Posted by POKERTREV

I predict this would get over 100 runners when up & running proper ,
    say like 3 weeks in & would grow to over 200 players after a month or two .

Peeps would multi table it ,
    because of its low cost .

As trev said a great welcoming tournament to new players .

• edited February 2011

Edit*** To everyone who supported this thread.

I would just like to say thank you very much. You may or may not be aware that as a direct result of your support we now have a new cheepstack (Deepstack tourny),

Entry Fee is £1.10 (£100gtd) 500 chips 12min Blinds, Starts at - 7.45pm.

Please support this by registering and maybe it will stay with us for the forseable future.

Can I also take the opportunity to thank Sky Adam and the powers that be at Sky Central for listening.

Best Regards
    Pokertrev.

Dear Sky Poker.

As you are aware, there are one or two decent deepstack mtts on most nights of the week 7.00 Deepy (£22.00) 7.15 Deepy (£2.20) 8.15 Deepy (£5.50) etc. however, is there any chance we can have a cheapy deapy on friday nights at 7.40-7.45pm ish?

I would recommend the format as follows.

Entry Fee: £1.00 + £0.10
    Blinds: 12mins
    Starting Stack: 5000

This may also be a good way of introducing new players and micro stake players to deepstack tournements.

I would be gratefull if you could give this some thought and let me know at your earliest convenience.

Yours Sincerely
    Pokertrev.

If any forum poker peeps think this is something they would be interested in you can exprees your support below.

• edited February 2011
    Hi guys

Just to let you know that I have forwarded a copy of this thread onto the Sky Poker team, I have also made them aware of the DYM rake thread.

SkyMod4
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Friday Night "Cheapstack" anyone?:
    Sorry donk but £1.10 would be ridiculous £2 & £5 ones are bad enough but if you want one which is similar to Bountyhunter format good luck most probably see you at the tables tonight :)
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    As long as you don't mind donking your chips off to me YG lol.

The cheapstack deepy is a way of introducing new & micro stakes players to deepstacks & is not intended for higher stakes player to move down levels, but i'm sure even a man of your ability could still make a profit hee hee!!!.
  • edited February 2011
    Hi guys Just to let you know that I have forwarded a copy of this thread onto the Sky Poker team, I have also made them aware of the DYM rake thread. SkyMod4
    Posted by Sky_Mod4
    N1  mod4 ,

We have now released the bunny bernie back outside skypoker HQ .
    you will find him by the back door ,
    not boiled but just slightly soiled .

Note : Both paratroopers
    crunkie nut2 (aka logdon ) & baps delight ( aka  debdobs )
    please return to base camp .

• edited February 2011
    Bad players + deep stacks = easy money. Unless you are one of the aforementioned bad players. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    The dohhhhhh we all know and love

• edited February 2011
    Good luck Trev,
                  I can see the attraction of a tourney like the one you have put forward for players who would like to try playing D/S.
                  It was just a thought that why not a D/S that could fit in the middle B/R, because at the moment there is a big gap between the £5-50 D/S  and the £22 one but as i have said its only a thought .
                                                      Kind Regards  Mick .
  • edited February 2011
    to the person who said that the 2.20 deepstack is full of 'bingo' players

i can confirm that the 22 version of this event has many regular players in it who are total and utter clowns so build those bankrolls guys for easy money

in fact you should try and play it tonight, with SPT on theres a chance of some overlay
  • edited February 2011
    And while we are at it - where is the 10:15 deepy, they have one at 1/4 past the hour from 7 til 12 but not 10???
  • edited February 2011
    Good luck Trev,               I can see the attraction of a tourney like the one you have put forward for players who would like to try playing D/S.               It was just a thought that why not a D/S that could fit in the middle B/R, because at the moment there is a big gap between the £5-50 D/S  and the £22 one but as i have said its only a thought .                                                   Kind Regards  Mick .
    Posted by chew07
    Hi Mick
    I also like your idea of having a deepstack in between the existing levels and would deffo enter them myself. Lets hope the suits take a look and see if they can accommodate both options.

see you tonight my
  • edited February 2011
    to the person who said that the 2.20 deepstack is full of 'bingo' players i can confirm that the 22 version of this event has many regular players in it who are total and utter clowns so build those bankrolls guys for easy money in fact you should try and play it tonight, with SPT on theres a chance of some overlay
    Posted by scotty77
    PLANET ON WHAT YOU LIVE DO!!
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Friday Night "Cheapstack" anyone? : PLANET ON WHAT YOU LIVE DO!!
    Posted by xFALLENx
    planet earth babes lol tb xxx
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Friday Night "Cheapstack" anyone? : planet earth babes lol tb xxx
    Posted by scotty77
    OMGG nearly fell off my chair laughing then :) x
  • edited February 2011
    £1.10 deepys loooool even the £2.20 ones are only won by utter donks and if you do not believe me here is the proof ;o)

Players

Players Remaining: 0 / 41

Player NameChipsRankPrizeHeadsValue
    No Players

debdobs_672050001£32.80 + 10 League Points
    leo8302£20.50 + 8 League Points
    Oldrag03£12.30 + 6 League Points
    1-DAY04£9.02 + 4 League Points
    HYPETING05£7.38 + 2 League Points
    bewhereall06
  • edited February 2011
    £1.10 deepys loooool even the £2.20 ones are only won by utter donks and if you do not believe me here is the proof ;o) Players Players Remaining: 0 / 41 Player Name Chips Rank Prize Heads Value No Players Loading...             debdobs_67 205000 1 £32.80 + 10 League Points leo83 0 2 £20.50 + 8 League Points Oldrag 0 3 £12.30 + 6 League Points 1-DAY 0 4 £9.02 + 4 League Points HYPETING 0 5 £7.38 + 2 League Points bewhereall 0 6
    Posted by debdobs_67
    Lol @ Debs - Nice Result

Just goes to show - talent still shines through at micro stakes.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Friday Night "Cheapstack" anyone? : OMGG nearly fell off my chair laughing then :) x
    Posted by xFALLENx

so with your experience of the 22 500GTD Deepstack, it does not have regulars who are bad bad players then?
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Friday Night "Cheapstack" anyone? : so with your experience of the 22 500GTD Deepstack, it does not have regulars who are bad bad players then?
    Posted by scotty77
    It deffo still has bad players - In alphabetical order you will find me under P for Pokertrev lol.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Friday Night "Cheapstack" anyone? : so with your experience of the 22 500GTD Deepstack, it does not have regulars who are bad bad players then?
    Posted by scotty77
    Scotty ur the one who said there are bad players in it (think u used the word clowns)...I said what planet r u on....ok Im not a regular in the £22 deepie but ive seen the ppl in it and they are far from bad!!!!

KEEP UP HUNI
  • edited February 2011
    Rather than adding a new DS, sky should move the Orfordable DS to 7:45 and drop it's entry from 3.30 to 1.10. it's just closed with no runners (hasn't picked up many each week so far as I've noticed), and the reason for that I would suspect is that it's £3.30, but starts only five mins befor the the cheaper 7:15 £2.20, which usually gets over 90 runners. 
  • edited February 2011
    Rather than adding a new DS, sky should move the Orfordable DS to 7:45 and drop it's entry from 3.30 to 1.10. it's just closed with no runners (hasn't picked up many each week so far as I've noticed), and the reason for that I would suspect is that it's £3.30, but starts only five mins befor the the cheaper 7:15 £2.20, which usually gets over 90 runners. 
    Posted by LeQuinny
    Great Idea!!
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Friday Night "Cheapstack" anyone? : Great Idea!!
    Posted by lozgo

agree.  sounds very sensible.
  • edited February 2011
    Posted by LeQuinny
    Good idea, although the orfordable is a 10 seater.
  • edited February 2011
    Good luck Trev,               I can see the attraction of a tourney like the one you have put forward for players who would like to try playing D/S.               It was just a thought that why not a D/S that could fit in the middle B/R, because at the moment there is a big gap between the £5-50 D/S  and the £22 one but as i have said its only a thought .                                                   Kind Regards  Mick .
    Posted by chew07
    +1
  • edited February 2011
    to the person who said that the 2.20 deepstack is full of 'bingo' players i can confirm that the 22 version of this event has many regular players in it who are total and utter clowns so build those bankrolls guys for easy money in fact you should try and play it tonight, with SPT on theres a chance of some overlay
    Posted by scotty77
    +1 Gotta agree with you there Scotty 
    Quite a few £2.20DS players that I have played in past would blitz a LOT of the £22DS players so get grinding guys!! 

Great idea Trev, got a friend who plays the £2.20DS now and again - told him your idea just now and he thought it would be an even better way to improve his game seeing that it is half the price!! 
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Friday Night "Cheapstack" anyone? : +1
    Posted by MADMOO
    You are one of those regular £2.20DS players who has great ability and would cash regular in the £22DS!! 
  • edited February 2011
    madmoo used to murder nightly 22ds when it was like 400gtd with FT all paid.

don't encourage her back plz!!!!