You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Friday Night "Cheapstack"? (Well it's not Friday but it's in the lobby)

2»

Comments

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Friday Night "Cheapstack" anyone?:
    In Response to Re: Friday Night "Cheapstack" anyone? : Good idea, although the orfordable is a 10 seater.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    True, but I think having a cheap 10 seater DS would be beneficial, if only just to add variety. Would be worth I try I think. 

I think though it is badly placed time wise, I mean it's the "Orfordable" deepstack, Orford never shows up and there's a cheaper one five minutes later, lol. 
  • edited February 2011
    Trev,
            Sometime ago Sky Poker said that they would be bring in new tourneys,well it seems to have gone quiet on that front this could be the perfect time for them to start 2 new tourneys a £1.00 D/S  and a £10 or £8 D/S, one could be at 7-45pm and the other at 8pm the time of these could be changed.
            It looks like there is intrest out there for both games so as you say lets hope that the Sky suits have a look at this thread.
                                                     Regards   Mick.
  • edited February 2011
    I'd play these every week pretty much.

I've still got alot to learn regards playing in MTT's so this would be great for me.

• edited February 2011
    I'd play these every week pretty much. I've still got alot to learn regards playing in MTT's so this would be great for me.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    Nice one - glad to have you aboard.
  • edited February 2011
    Just thought i would post on here again to get this back on the first page, i hope that somebody from Sky has read this thread by now .
                                                           Kind Regards  Mick.
  • edited February 2011
    Yet again ideas from the forum are blanked by anyone from Sky Poker, it would be nice for someone to reply to threads like this even if it is a straight out no sorry we cant do.
           Come on Sky at least have the manners to say if you have looked at this thread,but there again maybe i am asking to much.
                                                           Regards   Mick.
  • edited February 2011

Hi Trev, just seen this

I think this is a Great Idea m8 & agree with IRISHROVER in the fact that it would Deffo get a lot of runners once it was Established as for Bingo Players they tend to play the speed tourneys so i reckon this would get a Quality Field as there is in the one on mondays

dtw
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Friday Night "Cheapstack" anyone?:
    Dear Sky Poker. As you are aware, there are one or two decent deepstack mtts on most nights of the week 7.00 Deepy (£22.00) 7.15 Deepy (£2.20) 8.15 Deepy (£5.50) etc. however, is there any chance we can have a cheapy deapy on friday nights at 7.40-7.45pm ish? I would recommend the format as follows. Entry Fee: £1.00 + £0.10 Blinds: 12mins Starting Stack: 5000 This may also be a good way of introducing new players and micro stake players to deepstack tournements. I would be gratefull if you could give this some thought and let me know at your earliest convenience. Yours Sincerely Pokertrev. If any forum poker peeps think this is something they would be interested in you can exprees your support below.  
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Like your style Trev, I'll have some of that, any chance you can get it started, I hope you do, best of luck.

Kind regards
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Friday Night "Cheapstack" anyone? : Like your style Trev, I'll have some of that, any chance you can get it started, I hope you do, best of luck. Kind regards
    Posted by ALIVEHAT60
    Thanks Alivehat.
    As always its a bit of a waiting game - but i'll be glad to give it another nudge to see what we can do.
  • edited February 2011
    Hi Trev,
                I have asked Tikay to give the powers to be a nudge about this thread, but he hasent got back to me.
     But we live in hope :)  you never know one day someone might see this thread .
                                                      Regards  Mick .
  • edited February 2011
    Hi Trev,             I have asked Tikay to give the powers to be a nudge about this thread, but he hasent got back to me.  But we live in hope :)  you never know one day someone might see this thread .                                                   Regards  Mick .
    Posted by chew07
    I sometimes wonder what the meaning of:
    "Just to let you know that I have forwarded a copy of this thread onto the Sky Poker team"

I think it means:
    "Just to let you know that I have forwarded a copy of this thread and asked for it to be burnt by Sky Poker team"

Don't tell them I said that though:
    "Just to let you know they are a nice bunch really"
  • edited February 2011
    I think if i was a betting person i would go for No 2 :)
  • edited February 2011
    I LOVE PLAYING DEEPSTACKS BUT WHY NOT MAKE WHOEVER GETS TOO FINAL TABLE ALL CASH PRIZES IN STEAD OFF 8TH AND 10TH PLACES. ALSO OTHER TOURNIES THAT PAY OUT 20TH IS NONSENSE. AND WOULD ALSO AGREE TO CHEAPSTACKS
  • edited February 2011
    F.A.O. SKY MOD 4  or anyone else who may be working for Sky Poker
             Could someone, anyone please have the good manners to respond to this thread,if it has been passed on to the Sky Poker Team then please pull your finger out and get back to the forum and tell us if or what you are going to do. 
                                                            Mick.
  • edited February 2011

I reckon sky should appoint someone from within, to work in the office, a guy with power in the boardroom, and power as a moderator on the forum.

They can communicate between the 2, abit like a student rep at uni.

Irishrover maybe? ;)

There is definitely a breakdown in communication somewhere between the players and the powers that be.

Maybe they can use some of the rake from micro dyms to pay this guys salary. 

• edited February 2011
    OMG Sky Poker
          Do you really think that by not responding to any of the points in this thread that it will just get dropped. Well im sorry it will not get dropped, i just cannot believe that Sky Poker thinks that the players who take the time to post on this forum are that stupid that they will just go away if you dont answer them .
         There must be somebody from Sky Poker who has got good manners and will finally get round to doing what they are paid for which in this case is replying to a simple question put on this forum.
                                               Regards  Mick.

• edited February 2011
    At last just got a P.M. from Sky Mod 7,
                  " the person responsible for gaming will respond next week ( not in at the weekends )"
      Thank you Sky Mod 7 but the fact remains that since this thread was started on 7/1/2011 there have been alot of days which do not fall on weekends i.e. Monday through to Friday.
      I just hope now that the "person responsible" does in fact get back to the forum on this matter before he/she goes on there Christmas break :)
                                                    Regards   Mick.
  • edited February 2011
    At last just got a P.M. from Sky Mod 7,               " the person responsible for gaming will respond next week ( not in at the weekends )"   Thank you Sky Mod 7 but the fact remains that since this thread was started on 7/1/2011 there have been alot of days which do not fall on weekends i.e. Monday through to Friday.   I just hope now that the "person responsible" does in fact get back to the forum on this matter before he/she goes on there Christmas break :)                                                 Regards   Mick.
    Posted by chew07

LOL
  • edited February 2011

Thanks to Pokertrev and all for their comments and suggestions on this thread. Apologies it's taken some time for all of this to be reviewed and some action taken.

I've reviewed your thoughts and considered them all, I’ve now made the following additions/changes:

I like the idea of a cheaper deepstack, the £2.20 deepstacks perform reasonably well most nights, so i've added the 'Cheap-stack' into the schedule and put up a £100 Guarantee to help kick it off.

£100 Guaranteed Deep Stack @ 7.45pm (starting tonight)

£1.10

5000 chips & 12 min blinds

It will run on Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday (May become a full 7 days a week depending on performance)

I’ve also added some guarantees to a couple of the regular small stakes tournaments which have been performing well

I’ve added a £150 guarantee to the 19:15 & 21:15 Deep stacks (Both remain £2.20, 5000 chips & 12 min blinds)

I’ve added a £400 Guarantee to the 20:05 Bounty Hunter (Remains £2.30, 2000 chips & 10 min blinds)

Thanks again for all your comments and suggestions, enjoy the new tournament

Regards

Adam

• edited February 2011
    Hi Adam,
                Im sorry but how can you make the 7-15 d/s a £150 Guarantee when you leave the 8-15d/s at £100 and one an a half times the buy in ?????????????? also the new £1-10 d/s is now worth the same as the 8-15 which costs 5 times the amount to enter.
                So i take it that my idea of a d/s that would fill the gap between the £22 d/s and the £5-50 d/s dosent even get a look in, well thank you very much Sky Poker i  now know that i am wasting my time even thinking about new tourneys as you have just shown that you havent even got the good manners to say ok we have had a think about your idea but sorry no can do.
              Im sorry but what you have posted today makes no sence to me at all.
                                                      Regards  Mick .
  • edited February 2011
    Hi Adam,             Im sorry but how can you make the 7-15 d/s a £150 Guarantee when you leave the 8-15d/s at £100 and one an a half times the buy in ?????????????? also the new £1-10 d/s is now worth the same as the 8-15 which costs 5 times the amount to enter.             So i take it that my idea of a d/s that would fill the gap between the £22 d/s and the £5-50 d/s dosent even get a look in, well thank you very much Sky Poker i  now know that i am wasting my time even thinking about new tourneys as you have just shown that you havent even got the good manners to say ok we have had a think about your idea but sorry no can do.           Im sorry but what you have posted today makes no sence to me at all.                                                   Regards  Mick .
    Posted by chew07
    Hi Mick,

I'm working through all these suggestions, I haven't ignored or dismissed your idea, i'm sorry if it appeared that way, but that is not the case.

The 20:15 £100 deepstack (£5.50) has been moved up to £200 Guaranteed. (7 days a week)

I'll add an £11 deepstack to the schedule later today once i've decided on exact days and times and considered satellites.

Kind Regards

Adam

• edited February 2011
    Some more changes now in affect

An £11 Deepstack has been added at 19:45 (7 days a week)

It'll kick off with a £250 guarantee, i'm going to let it run for a couple of days without satellites, although depending on performance, I may look to push this guarantee up to the £500 mark in which case i'll provide some late afternoon sats into to it.

The £22 £500 Deep stack @ 7.15pm has struggled for numbers recently, it now runs on Mon/Thu/Sun only.

As of today I’ve added three £4.80, 1 in 5 satellites to try and A) Boost runners & B) give the smaller bank roll players a chance to play.

'£500 D/S Direct' Satellite times:

2.15pm

4.15pm

5.15pm

They'll be fairly quick, 7 min blinds with 2000 chips. If they prove popular then I’ll consider returning the 7.15pm Deepie to run 7 days a week.

Kind Regards

Adam

• edited February 2011
    To everyone who supported this thread.

I would just like to say thank you very much. You may or may not be aware that as a direct result of your support we now have a new cheepstack (Deepstack tourny),

Entry Fee is £1.10 (£100gtd) 500 chips 12min Blinds, Starts at - 7.45pm.

Please support this by registering and maybe it will stay with us for the forseable future.

Can I also take the opportunity to thank Sky Adam and the powers that be at Sky Central for listening.

Best Regards
    Pokertrev.

• edited February 2011
    I'm already involved in 4 games tonight with the Forum DTD & the All Rounders games but I will support this new game as often as I can.  I'd also like to thank Adam for adding the new guarantees to multiple games.
  • edited February 2011
    Hi Adam,
                Thank you for your responce to my latest post on this thread, i just hope now that Sky Poker players have a go at these Deepstacks.
                                                           Regards  Mick.