You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WORTH FOLLOWING

edited October 2011 in Betting Chat
Thought i would start a thread for people to flag up horses they feel are worth keeping an eye out for next time they run

Just watched the 1.25 at Lingfield backed a newcomer called MONSTER MUNCHIE e.w, came in a 3 length 3rd having been given an easy ride hands and heels it ran on realy nicely and i think it will be winning soon. the race is on the atr fast archive if you want to have a look

Comments

• edited February 2011
    In Response to WORTH FOLLOWING:
    Thought i would start a thread for people to flag up horses they feel are worth keeping an eye out for next time they run Just watched the 1.25 at Lingfield backed a newcomer called MONSTER MUNCHIE e.w, came in a 3 length 3rd having been given an easy ride hands and heels it ran on realy nicely and i think it will be winning soon. the race is on the atr fast archive if you want to have a look
    Posted by BADBOY985
    will take a look bud nice one!
  • edited February 2011

this horse runs today in the 2.40 at lingfield currently avaliable at 15/8

• edited April 2011

GET IN

just won the 8.50 at wolves

mind you it was a p poor race but got  back what id lost previously

only back this horse if its in the 1.55 at butlins from now on lol

• edited April 2011
    Good idea this BADBOY985

Blue Nymph over hurdles 2m to 2m 4f.

Ocean Transit next time it runs either flat or hurdles.

Father Vaigret
  • edited April 2011
    agree father want it 2m on flat now
  • edited April 2011
    andybuck

Its already been taken out of one flat race they were trying to win because of the ground. Actually they seem to think it can win 1m2f and over races.

I was gutted i missed Gee Dee Nen at 12-1 today as Ocean Transit beat it into third at Kempton. Then realised the reason i missed it was I wasnt looking at chases and its victory today was in a chase. 
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: WORTH FOLLOWING:
    Good idea this BADBOY985 Blue Nymph over hurdles 2m to 2m 4f. Ocean Transit next time it runs either flat or hurdles. Father Vaigret
    Posted by vaigret
    Ocean Transit is declared to run at Cheltenham on Thursday.
  • edited April 2011
    Thanks tallboy
  • edited April 2011
    Have used my £10 free bet on Ocean Transit in 3.20 at cheltenham, Thursday.

Wish me luck
  • edited April 2011
    ive backed it father at 6s ,,think it has a good chance ,10 ew
  • edited April 2011
    one to watch out for in the summer months is a horse called GIOVANNA ,wants 2m 6f to 3m hurdle on good to faster ground ,runs through the winter to get its hcap mark down ,normally win when the stable jockey s Quinlan DOESNT ride it,think r johnson won on it twice,a fair class 3 animal on its day,plumeted in the weights and in my opinion will be winning soon when the conditions are right,even though a 10 year old now and not getting any better could come in at a decent price,but please note good or faster ground essential
  • edited April 2011
    Thanks andybuck
  • edited April 2011
    A horse running today at 5.20 Classic Descent Wolverhampton, gave about 7 lengths head start last race it ran and had been backed during the day,finished like a train going down about 4 lengths. It runs off a 4 pound lower mark today, I can't see it not being in the shake up at the finish.
  • edited April 2011
    At Newmarket yesterday in the 3.00 race,the mark johnson Namibian finished well, but had a wall of horses in front of him at crucial stage and still finished 4th ahead of the highly touted A.P O'Brien horse "Together" which was the 15/8 favorite.
  • edited April 2011
    agreed was going to put this up myself,backed namibian yesterday baulked twice,was up in trip yesterday,and it wouldnt suprise me if they step it up again
  • edited April 2011
    Thanks any2suited ,got 6-1 classic descent.

Note what you say about nambibian  in 3.00 newm but watch race again and look at Chef.
  • edited April 2011
    A horse running today at 5.20 Classic Descent Wolverhampton, gave about 7 lengths head start last race it ran and had been backed during the day,finished like a train going down about 4 lengths. It runs off a 4 pound lower mark today, I can't see it not being in the shake up at the finish.
    Posted by Any2Suited
    Yep looks good will have a small bet on it. Will have a saver on Mutajasser my mate works for the stable and says it has a chance but he's told me that before with other horses from the stable!!
  • edited April 2011
    WORLD DOMINATION! i was going to post up about this horse yesterday but it was more of a hype and talking horse then..Now its been on the track and done the buisness is 100% one to follow..I cant see Frankel staying the trip in the Derby so this looks like Cecils Derby horse..Currently around 9's for the Derby..A good horse with a bright future..
  • edited April 2011
    Just seen skybet are still 10's there best price on a horse lol..Is this the first time in history..No doubt they will trim it into around 8's when they notice there best priced..
  • edited April 2011
    WORLD DOMINATION! i was going to post up about this horse yesterday but it was more of a hype and talking horse then..Now its been on the track and done the buisness is 100% one to follow..I cant see Frankel staying the trip in the Derby so this looks like Cecils Derby horse..Currently around 9's for the Derby..A good horse with a bright future..
    Posted by moonooo

I would never put you off backing a horse, especially from the HC stable, and I may well end up backing it myself...... but the derby is only 8 weeks away and this thing has only ran once. Can't remember another horse winning the derby having been unraced at 2 
  • edited April 2011
    The last time it happend was 1993 Commander In Chief..And guess who it was trained by...Henry Cecil..He knows how its done can see this horse having 1 more run then going on to win the Derby..Heres to hoping lol..
  • edited April 2011
    The last time it happend was 1993 Commander In Chief..And guess who it was trained by...Henry Cecil..He knows how its done can see this horse having 1 more run then going on to win the Derby..Heres to hoping lol..
    Posted by moonooo
    Oh yeah, I remember now....same ownership as well. I think the Dante is next, really looking forward to seeing that, I will probably back it as well, just need to see todays race as I missed it
  • edited April 2011
    http://horses.sportinglife.com/Video/Racing/

Then click on the 4.15 Newbury

The way he cruised up into the lead was impressive..Then scooted clear when asked..He can only come on for that run.

Also check the 3.10 if you want to see freaky Frankel cant see him being beaten in the Guineas
  • edited April 2011
    http://horses.sportinglife.com/Video/Racing/ Then click on the 4.15 Newbury The way he cruised up into the lead was impressive..Then scooted clear when asked..He can only come on for that run. Also check the 3.10 if you want to see freaky Frankel cant see him being beaten in the Guineas
    Posted by moonooo
    Thanks for the link....Yeah was really impressive, obviously you got to wonder what it beat, but it was the manner it came cruising 3f out on the bridle, and couldn't have done anymore.  Starting to think 8-1 is tempting, just need to have a look at O'Briens enties before I put anything on
  • edited April 2011
    Saw Frankel..... looked in need of the race, but still a procession. Did you hear about that punter that put £550,000 on with Chandler Vic? @ 5/6 ?  As a betting medium the markets closed
  • edited April 2011
    Yea O brien always sends a few over for the Derby..His main hopes this year look to be Recital & Seville..Recital was beaten on his comeback run but was given a pretty poor ride by R Moore..I also like Casamento in the race he looked a real beast last year but has since switched trainers & is now owned by Godolphin which is a negative imo..All of the horse i mentioned are entered in the Dante along with Frankel & World Domination...That would really get the juices flowing if they all turned up..

I see that about Viccy Cs absolute madness..Imagine if you rang them up like yeah i would like half a mill on Frankel to win the Guineas please..They would hang up lol
  • edited April 2011
    http://horses.sportinglife.com/Video/Racing/ Then click on the 4.15 Newbury The way he cruised up into the lead was impressive..Then scooted clear when asked..He can only come on for that run. Also check the 3.10 if you want to see freaky Frankel cant see him being beaten in the Guineas
    Posted by moonooo
    +1
  • edited May 2011
    World domination now 5-1 and will be even shorter after the Dante if it wins,

I've got 8-1
  • edited May 2011
    Yea good stuff Thursdays race will tell us if hes the real deal or not...If he wins the Dante i cant see anything stopping him in the Derby...Faces 3 of his 4 main Derby rivals...Whatever wins the race on Thursday will start very short for the Derby just hope its World Domination..Im going to back it again on Thursday at around 9/4 could be a serious lose lose situation..Or a very tasty win win situation lol...Being at work while the York meeting is on is going to be pure torture...Im going to have to sneek off and get the commentary at 2.30 on Thursday..Lets hope its worth it...Stay lucky all