You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Poker Points to Vegas Flights...

edited February 2011 in Poker Chat
Hey all,

We've listened to some of the feedback from you and we've launched a new promotions which hopefully will see some of you turning your Poker Points into a trip to Las Vegas!

Our new 'Vegas Points Fest' runs from today until Thursday, with a seat in the Viva Las Vegas Final seat (worth £1100) and five Viva Las Vegas Semi Final seats (worth £120 each) up for grabs.

Want to know more? The full details can be found here:

Vegas Points Fest

If you have any questions feel free to post on this thread, but otherwise good luck to you all and hopefully we'll see some of you in the Vegas Points Fest Final on Thursday at 7.30pm.

Dave

Comments

• edited February 2011

If Sky Poker did like buttons...I would press it now!

Cheers.
  • edited February 2011
    Excellent idea.

I just had enough to enter the 7.30 pointsfest semi, so am in!!

Thank you Sky
  • edited February 2011
    Thanks Dave this is good news.

Just to confirm, buying in with points you have earned this month doesn't affect cash for points payments at the end of the month does it?

Cheers
    JC
  • edited February 2011
    Awesome if Carlsberg did poker promotions

Im gonna go STT 2500 points route here's to running good.......

Great Promotion Sky!
  • edited February 2011
    im in a 7.5k HU STT if anyone wants to join
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Poker Points to Vegas Flights...:
    Thanks Dave this is good news. Just to confirm, buying in with points you have earned this month doesn't affect cash for points payments at the end of the month does it? Cheers JC
    Posted by JohnConnor
    Hi JC,

Nope, the two are considered unrelated.

Have fun!

Dave
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Poker Points to Vegas Flights... : Hi JC, Nope, the two are considered unrelated. Have fun! Dave
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    Thanks mate.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Poker Points to Vegas Flights... : Thanks mate.
    Posted by JohnConnor
    ats good dave tho,its like a game of bingo in the points game lol, people calling with anythin and hitten shockin man, tho gd set up mate, when you run bad u run bad ats poker, these player wont last anywae keep teillin them bingo is the next room to vegas haha.
  • edited February 2011
    I approve of this promotion!
  • edited February 2011
    Hi are these vegas tournies your currently running, entry into the wsop? or are you running them later in the year?

Thanks
  • edited February 2011
    great promotion, won a six seater qualifier earlier, cost 2500 points to enter, however i was extremely disappointed to discover all six entries qualified too! 45 mins wasted , i could have gone first hand and still got thro!
    spoke to live chat , they were extremely unhelpful. Apparently i now should have an advantage on these players as i have now beat them once!
  • edited February 2011
    great promotion, won a six seater qualifier earlier, cost 2500 points to enter, however i was extremely disappointed to discover all six entries qualified too! 45 mins wasted , i could have gone first hand and still got thro! spoke to live chat , they were extremely unhelpful. Apparently i now should have an advantage on these players as i have now beat them once!
    Posted by marcus191
    Hi Marcus,

We'll look into this now for you.

Thanks,
    Dave
  • edited February 2011
    Hi Marcus,

I recognised this and there was a problem with the way the tournament was set up.

Don't worry only 1st place has entry into the final (you) and the rest were removed from the tournament.

The problem has been rectified and shouldn't cause any problems in the future.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
    Jordan
  • edited February 2011
    ok thats great makes it worth while now! sorry other peeps!
  • edited February 2011
    I'm probably being thick but ive made about 1000  points a month for the last 14 months so why do I only have
    2400 points??

• edited February 2011
    points for cash exchange is the answer here

• edited February 2011
    Great idea, gives some of us who dont have the bank roll a chance, just qualified in a six seater sit and go cost me 2500 points, yes got lucky once or twice but thats part of the game. Thanks Sky
  • edited February 2011
    i just want to say thanks to sky. I recently read a  post from someone stating that they think there should be better ways to spend poker points and this promotion proves that sky poker do read and respond to the players feedback. I have won my place onto the final table using only 300 points and really looking forward to clashing with some of the better players on this site
  • edited February 2011
    i just want to say thanks to sky. I recently read a  post from someone stating that they think there should be better ways to spend poker points and this promotion proves that sky poker do read and respond to the players feedback. I have won my place onto the final table using only 300 points and really looking forward to clashing with some of the better players on this site
    Posted by leon621
    Hi Leon,

I'm glad you've enjoyed the promotion. We do get a lot of feedback from the Community members and we try to do what we can when we can :)

For those of you who still haven't qualified for Thursday night's final, there's still plenty of time and a range of ways to get in from as little as 300 Poker Points. For more information go to My Sky Poker /> Poker Promotions > Vegas Points Fest, or click the link on the homepage!

Good luck to you all.
    Dave
  • edited February 2011
    Thanks for a super promotion. I have had 40000 points burning a hole in my pocket for a couple of years !

Happy to have made it through to Thursdays final at second attempt, but with such a big field it will be a real challenge.

But I do have a slight concern as I noticed the numbers for last nights Vegas quarter final were slightly down. Normally I would be trying to qualify for Sundays semi on a few nights through the week, but there is always the danger of making it twice !

There were a few regular names missing last night, so I would imagine that others feel the same.

Would Sky consider holding one of the seats for a later date if any of us are lucky enough to get to the semi or even the monthly final by two different routes ?

• edited February 2011
    Thanks for a super promotion. I have had 40000 points burning a hole in my pocket for a couple of years ! Happy to have made it through to Thursdays final at second attempt, but with such a big field it will be a real challenge. But I do have a slight concern as I noticed the numbers for last nights Vegas quarter final were slightly down. Normally I would be trying to qualify for Sundays semi on a few nights through the week, but there is always the danger of making it twice ! There were a few regular names missing last night, so I would imagine that others feel the same. Would Sky consider holding one of the seats for a later date if any of us are lucky enough to get to the semi or even the monthly final by two different routes ?
    Posted by penguin7
    Hi Penguin,

We always try to be flexible and if a player was in that situation then we would be happy to consider holding back one entry for a later Vegas Semi/Final. If that were to happen the player would just need to contact our Customer Care team to let them know.

Thanks,
    Dave

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Poker Points to Vegas Flights... : Hi Penguin, We always try to be flexible and if a player was in that situation then we would be happy to consider holding back one entry for a later Vegas Semi/Final. If that were to happen the player would just need to contact our Customer Care team to let them know. Thanks, Dave
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    Thanks for that, Dave.

Last nights qtr was so poorly supported that I think it didnt run ! I hope that with your reply we can attract a big enough field tonight to make it worth playing for me and any others who are already looking forward to tomorrows Points Fest.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Poker Points to Vegas Flights... : Thanks for that, Dave. Last nights qtr was so poorly supported that I think it didnt run ! I hope that with your reply we can attract a big enough field tonight to make it worth playing for me and any others who are already looking forward to tomorrows Points Fest.
    Posted by penguin7
    No worries. Our feeling is some of the players who will be trying to get into the Vegas Semi or Final will be trying the Points Fest route first. We're confident they'll come out in force if they're unsuccessful.

I was just looking through the list of runners for the Points Fest Final tomorrow night. 242 reg'd already and check out some of the boys and girls who are coming out to play!
    beaneh
    BIGSHANN
    Boonicon
    ChirpyChip
    CLIOKID
    cottlad
    CoxyLboro
    DASBOOT
    DAVEYZZ
    DELTA
    dylan12
    Eyeman
    gadgerno1
    GliterBabe
    GREGHOGG
    hurst05
    jakally
    jazzyj
    JingleMa
    karlluke
    kidgirlgy
    kirstii
    lJAMESl
    M4VERICK
    Maggiesdad
    MAXALLY
    mickjenn1
    MP33
    N1CK
    penguin7
    petebryn
    pod1
    pryce6
    rosjim1
    sam1986
    scotty77
    Sharksbite
    spudgun720
    stokefc
    SUPERSNEDD
    THEJMAN1
    the_gibb
    Good luck picking your winner out of that lot (and of course all the others who have registered - good luck to all!).
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Poker Points to Vegas Flights... : No worries. Our feeling is some of the players who will be trying to get into the Vegas Semi or Final will be trying the Points Fest route first. We're confident they'll come out in force if they're unsuccessful. I was just looking through the list of runners for the Points Fest Final tomorrow night. 242 reg'd already and check out some of the boys and girls who are coming out to play! beaneh BIGSHANN Boonicon ChirpyChip CLIOKID cottlad CoxyLboro DASBOOT DAVEYZZ DELTA dylan12 Eyeman gadgerno1 GliterBabe GREGHOGG hurst05 jakally jazzyj JingleMa karlluke kidgirlgy kirstii lJAMESl M4VERICK Maggiesdad MAXALLY mickjenn1 MP33 N1CK penguin7 petebryn pod1 pryce6 rosjim1 sam1986 scotty77 Sharksbite spudgun720 stokefc SUPERSNEDD THEJMAN1 the_gibb Good luck picking your winner out of that lot (and of course all the others who have registered - good luck to all!).
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    You are certainly hedging your bets there on your likely winner, Dave !

Just had a look myself and think I can find a few you have missed :

4fingersAA
    anjie1970
    DrewMcRobb
    jimifloyd
    joesman1
    lilfish17
    moana
    MUNST
    Rattious
    stien
    winner5603

All got the game to win it, scary isnt it ?

Good luck all

• edited February 2011

LOL Tony, please dont tell me its a 'scary' !!

Imagine if it was a rebuy aswell?? :))
  • edited February 2011
    LOL Tony, please dont tell me its a ' scary'  !! Imagine if it was a rebuy aswell?? :))
    Posted by MAXALLY

As long as they dont make it a virtual tourny !

I think they could do a competition here, get people to select say 10 players each and give prize to whoever gets most in top 6
  • edited February 2011
    How was greggers & Maxally put in the ones to watch list.........whats this site coming to ;)
  • edited February 2011
    I know, both you and Penguin7 are right... how Maxally got on and some proper players were left off I don't know. I blame my bad choice of shirt today.

It is a tough looking competition though, that's for sure. Toughest freeroll seen on Sky Poker in quite some time? I'm going to get a bag of popcorn and watch this one unfold.

• edited February 2011

Any chance of adding some QF places for places 7 to 15 in this?

With (ATM) 262 runners and only 6 places 'paying', = @ 43/1 shot. They are normally the odds given to West Brom winning a game! :))

Prob not I know, but you dont get if you dont ask :)

• edited February 2011
    Any chance of adding some QF places for places 7 to 15 in this? With (ATM) 262 runners and only 6 places 'paying', = @ 43/1 shot. They are normally the odds given to West Brom winning a game! :)) Prob not I know, but you dont get if you dont ask :)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Afraid not, Maxally. Prize structure was set from the outset...

Nice try though :)