You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Saturday Night Mastercash Live- with Rich and Trev

edited February 2011 in Poker Chat
we`ll at least your on with a member off team that know`s how to lose a big`ish lead and end up drawing,

edit at least you where only 3-0 up

Comments

• edited February 2011
    As Elton John once said: "Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting'.

Fighting on the virtual baize, is clearly what he meant. And tonight, you can arm yourselves to the teeth with chips and get stuck in for some good old fashioned fisticuffs on on our cash tables, which we'll be covering for 4 hours straight from 8pm.

Yes, it's Mastercash and we'll start with the low-levels and build up to the Big Game from 10pm.

Also in the mix tonight- it's another round of the quiz that even Radio 1 are copying now- it's Orford's Disastermind.

So if you fancy being live on the show tonight- then buzz us your name, alias and contact tel.no to
    skyopen@bskyb.com- the best score will get free entry into a Take On Tikay tourney.

Our guest this evening is Sky Poker player stalwart and now Team SKy Poker member - Solidstan1, giving us his low-level regular cash player take on proceedings. Be sure to make him welcome. He's nervous. As anyone would be sat next to me and my wandering hands...

And as ever- we'll be on the lookout for excellent play and quality emails/forum posts. Who knows? We may even give away a tournament entry...

Tonight's topic is-

What's the biggest comeback you've ever seen or been involved in?

This is a painful subject for Trevor and I who in the last 7 days have both seen our teams throw away half-time 4-0 and 3-0 leads for the other side to equalise.

It could be footie, poker, a pub quiz or any other sport/game. Or maybe it's a situation in life: job, girl/boyfriend, money- where things were looking impossible and somehow you pulled it out the bag.

See you at 8!
  • edited February 2011
    biggest comeback i have ever seen? gotta be liverpool vs AC milan what a comeback :)
  • edited February 2011
    Hi Rich & Trev and stan,
    Hope you have a great show as always,
    could you both please wish a show and forum regular DTWBANDIT a speedy recovery as he finds himself hospitalised again, and probably won't be around for the next month or so.

Get well soon bud you will be missed
  • edited February 2011
    the biggest comeback in european football,was kilmarnock v fc eintracht.
    4-0 down in the away leg.athome eintracht scored first kilmarnock went on to win 6-1 i think and won the tie.
    might have been 3-0 and won 5-1.1967
  • edited February 2011
    hi could u tell us wot tables u are showing first so i can try get on them cheers jacko
  • edited February 2011
    stephen hendry against jimmy white 7 frame behind in the final.hendry went on to win.

rhyme n reason in the grand national, spread eagled on his belly at beachers 1st time round,in last place went on to win it.

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Saturday Night Mastercash Live- with Rich and Trev:
    biggest comeback i have ever seen? gotta be liverpool vs AC milan what a comeback :)
    Posted by iBLUFF
     yep, for me that nite was theatre nite, so if everyone from hotel went, i could have gone to pub next door, but no one guest did not want to i even offered to pay for her ticket,  but she would not take it, there was a programme she wanted to watch, as it turned out there wa, not programme she wanted watch, she just want to stay in her room as it was better than where she lived, if the lady had come down to t`v room the tv was her choice, so i`m lucky i got to watch it, but the atmosphere i missed
  • edited February 2011
    Big welcome to Stan!!

Couple of low stakes questions for you:

In your opinion how much has the quality of low stakes poker improved over the last couple of years?

Can a 'Laggy' player be sucessful at micro stakes?

Have a great show Sir!
  • edited February 2011
    rich u said 8 isnt the show on at 9? ;)
  • edited February 2011
    Good luck with the show guys.

The biggest comeback i've personally seen regards poker is in a league game that I play in every wednesday evening.

A regular was down to two big blinds fairly early on and managed to keep doubling up everytime he shoved, he did this about 8 times. Once he had a playable stack again he was able to play his normal game again and went on to win that evenings tournament.

• edited February 2011
    It doesn,t sound like a lot, but a few years ago we got a new manager in Billy Davies. we were in the relegation zone by christmas and managed to get to Cradfiff in the palyoff final for the Premier league

One of the most crucial games toward the end of the season was away to  our Arch Rivals The Donkey Lashers "Blackpool". This would set us up nicely for the play offs and also put them in the releagtion zone - 1-0 down at half time but we came through to win 2-1. Been to some FA cup finals before but this game was the best game i,ve ever been to.

When we got back to Preston town Centre you,d have thought we,d just won the champions league. The atmosphere was electric

More recently - came back in the Sky Poker Forum Competition "The Apprentice" - 4-0 down in the final - Somehow won it 8-4

Have a good show guys
  • edited February 2011
    the biggest comeback in european football,was kilmarnock v fc eintracht. 4-0 down in the away leg.athome eintracht scored first kilmarnock went on to win 6-1 i think and won the tie. might have been 3-0 and won 5-1.1967
    Posted by thejudge10
    it was 1964 in the fairs cup, lost 1st leg away 3-0 and within 2 mins were 1-0 down at home,, won the game 5-1
  • edited February 2011

Hi Rich / Trev

Have a great show

I might be showing my age here, but my vote for greatest comeback would be Bobby Ewing in the shower scene in Dallas.  He had been killed off the year before!

Pen
  • edited February 2011
    Surely the greatest comeback has to be John Darwin,
    the canoeist who was presumed drowned for five years.
  • edited February 2011
    Tabatabai who???? We have Solid Stan ;oD

Best of British Stan the man..not that you need it obv.

xx
  • edited February 2011
    thank you tin tin
  • edited February 2011
    hi u two  i played at DTD went down two  75 chips n finish 2nd  out of  124

CHRIS
  • edited February 2011
    the best come back WOULD BE richorfords - sausage
  • edited February 2011
    Speaking of Ali, Rumble in the Jungle for greatest comeback.

Everybody gets knocked down. It's all about how quickly you get back up :)
  • edited February 2011
     When talking about great comebacks for me one stands out. Littlewoods cup final and Arsenal are 2-1 up with ten minutes to go and they get a penalty. And the mighty Hatters comeback and win the game in normal time.As a diehard Luton fan i have had little to cheer about over the years so this memory will live long.

Great show guys, keep it up.

• edited February 2011

I thought the greatest comeback was JC's when he came back for his easter egg that time....
  • edited February 2011
    Greatest comeback?

Well when he 'finally' shows his face again

it will be
    ELVIS
  • edited February 2011
    we have 2 off the dwarf on - sneezy ( orford ) dopey  ( trev being arsenal ) when is grumpy on ( tikay) sleepy ( tikay) happy  ( sky-mandy) doc - (ed giddens) bashful ( not rich) and snow white ( LML ) on again - NOW HOW DO I GET A COME BACK FROM HERE ????
  • edited February 2011
    Greatest comeback? Well when he 'finally' shows his face again it will be ELVIS
    Posted by debdobs_67
     I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE JOHN LENNON ??
  • edited February 2011
    OPPPS, MISSED WICKED WITCH ( SKY MODS ) SO 3 OUT 9
  • edited February 2011
    as a big arsenal fan and season ticket holder ,i have to say the greatest come back was a few years ago spuds were 3-0 up against man city at half time and city only had ten men and came back and won 4-3,i LOVED IT,HAHA
  • edited February 2011
    as a big arsenal fan and season ticket holder ,i have to say the greatest come back was a few years ago spuds were 3-0 up against man city at half time and city only had ten men and came back and won 4-3,i LOVED IT,HAHA
    Posted by mkgunner
    WAS THAT MAN UTD 3-0 DOWN AND WON 5 -3, BECAUSE MY MISSES IS M-U FAN AND WAS VERY - WELL LEAVE THE REST TOO YOUR IMAGINATION ??
  • edited February 2011
    The best comeback surely has to be tupac appearing on a new island every year under a new name macavelli and other names his come back has last over 10 years.... some even say hes got fed up and just bought his own island.... guess some people cant open their eyes to cctv and see the footage of him actually never coming back like jesus every easter
  • edited February 2011
    What about the 1996 Masters when Faldo came back on the final day 6 shots down on Greg Norman to bt him by 4 or 5 shots to claim the green jacket