You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

any statman could out this con

2»

Comments

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: any statman could out this con:
    In Response to Re: any statman could out this con : I play mainly cash, up to 15 or so hours per week, and the number of crazy deals I've seen over the past two days is unbelievable. Saw one player on 8nl get to 38 quid stack in 2 hours, going in behind against 1 or 2 cxallers on 6 or 7 occasions and hitting river monsters. It seems that when the cards go on their backs before the river you can pretty much guess the card thats going to appear. Something's very wrong.
    Posted by Seagull158
    so a player gets lucky 4 or 5 times and there's something wrong with the site? have you any idea of the maths behind poker?
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: any statman could out this con : so a player gets lucky 4 or 5 times and there's something wrong with the site? have you any idea of the maths behind poker?
    Posted by SHANXTA
    Yes. I have been playing on here for 18 months or so and the number of straights, flushes and boats hitting on 4th and 5th street is unreal. You should not just accept it is random. The regulator refuses to publish what, if any, checks it makes on the randomness of cards delviered to the table.
  • edited February 2011
    Its funny i've been noticing this phenomonon alot too.  Its not like "Ouch won't it be sick if that gutshot hits the river and cracks this guys set" but "Ouch its going to be sick when that gutshot hits the river and cracks this gus set".

I agree that you can pretty much call the sickest cards that could come down, then watch them fall with very little surprise.

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: any statman could out this con : so a player gets lucky 4 or 5 times and there's something wrong with the site? have you any idea of the maths behind poker?
    Posted by SHANXTA
    The maths is something I intended to brush up on when I started playing in 1965 and somehow I never really got round to it.