You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Worth a big blind?

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Had a fiver each race at doncaster tonight, cant watch it as im on a stag do, but gives me something to look forward to checking at 3.00am.  Gone for mainly outsiders:

5.35 - Thunderstuck - 15/2 £5
    6.10 - oh So Spicy - 20/1 £2.50ew
    6.45 - Tarantella Lady - 50/1 £2.50ew
    7.15 - Exceedingly Bold - 25/1 £2.50ew
    7.50 - Brierty - 20/1 £2.50ew
    8.20 - Royal Trooper - 6/1 £5

Will be betting on tomorrows races on channel 4, but might not make it on here depending how bad the hangover is.  Will post them on my facebook page via my phone if you wanna add me to see them feel free
  • edited February 2011

Nice one today Gareth, ave a good en tonight, make sure ur in no fit state to get on here, if u manage to get on, Ill class u as a failure even if u do post 6 winners!

Ave a good en, make sure its messy, DOHH

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Worth a big blind?:
    Nice one today Gareth, ave a good en tonight, make sure ur in no fit state to get on here, if u manage to get on, Ill class u as a failure even if u do post 6 winners! Ave a good en, make sure its messy, DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    oh it will be messy, its not very often i get out nowadays theres 2 little problems tho, the town were gonig is 15 miles away and gotta get a taxi home, gotta be in some sorta state so they let me in, and more importantly my mrs starts work at 7 in the morning so I have to get up with our kids aged 5, 2 and 6 months!!!!! it wil be cartoons on tv all day whilst i lay on the sofa
  • edited February 2011
    ahhhh man like 3/4 hours kip......I knw how horrible ya feel after that.....and I dont even drink spirits....

Just buy 2 kebabs 1 for 3am, one for 8am! I wish Id think ahead like that
  • edited February 2011
    moonoo great shout on that tip in the 6 10 had a few quid on it lets say four figures to me please owe u a drink ha
  • edited February 2011
    moonoo great shout on that tip in the 6 10 had a few quid on it lets say four figures to me please owe u a drink ha
    Posted by sarahando
    Glad you made a nice amount..It was never in doubt its a good feeling knowing your on the winner before the off..The drinks are on Victory Ide Say tonight..
  • edited February 2011
    ok heres myslections for todays races on channel 4

2.05 - Royal Diamond - 20/1 - £5ew
    2.20 - Secret Queen - 20/1 - £5ew
    2.40 - Strawberrydaiquiri - 7/4 - £40
    3.20 - Rumoush - 15/2 - £20
    3.55 - Angus Newz - 50/1 - £5ew
  • edited February 2011
    Ahhh man Ive just woke up myself - last ditch effort to get em on!!!

SWITCH TO IE FIRST!! AGHHHHH
  • edited February 2011
    Ahhh man Ive just woke up myself - last ditch effort to get em on!!! SWITCH TO IE FIRST!! AGHHHHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    first 2 were donkeys i wouldnt bother m8, blame it on the hangover today
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Worth a big blind? : first 2 were donkeys i wouldnt bother m8, blame it on the hangover today
    Posted by 35suited
    and as i say that the next one wins, guaranteed at least £20 profit now with two races to go
  • edited February 2011
    The game is almost up for Utd....Sunderland @13/2 anyone?
  • edited February 2011
    Ahhhh I have an odd £24.58 in my account, and I love betting on things that I want to happen...so at 13/2, the question is....

Shall I put the odd 58 pence on? Round it off by putting the odd £4.58 on? Or go for the full £24.58.....

• edited February 2011
    lol Dohhhhhhh have £24 on Sunderland, keep back the 56p (just incase of a fiasco) and put the other 2p on the first goalscorer (Beachball @ 1500/1)
  • edited February 2011
    haha ive bottled it, mainly because ill miss the first half, Eastenders must take priority 

On tilt from last night still - need to avoid the sky bet.

Gone for the 4 n abit quid option. - nice one for puttin it on here! Looks a very gud bet.
  • edited February 2011
    ok heres myslections for todays races on channel 4 2.05 - Royal Diamond - 20/1 - £5ew 2.20 - Secret Queen - 20/1 - £5ew 2.40 - Strawberrydaiquiri - 7/4 - £40 3.20 - Rumoush - 15/2 - £20 3.55 - Angus Newz - 50/1 - £5ew
    Posted by 35suited
    awww thoguht it was gonig to win, still a nice place @ 50/1
  • edited February 2011

How encouraging has this batting performance been for England....10/1 u got? Win or lose today, I bet they arent 10/1 in the morning.....

Edit, just to clarify, even if they lose today - they will be lower than 10/1!
  • edited February 2011
    haha ive bottled it, mainly because ill miss the first half, Eastenders must take priority  On tilt from last night still - need to avoid the sky bet. Gone for the 4 n abit quid option. - nice one for puttin it on here! Looks a very gud bet.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Sorry Dohhhhhhh that was an epic fail :0(
  • edited February 2011

Yah as I thought, despite losing their opening game, England are in from 10/1 to 15/2......

Really excited about our chances after last night, robbed by a combo of the rain, and the system - but should beat Ireland today and make the next stage....

Wish I cud buy that bet off you 35, looking really good - But knowing England - it's gonna be edge of your seat stuff today !!!
  • edited February 2011

Dohhh the way theyve started tongiht m8 u can buy it of me lol....after looking so good yesterday as well, bloody d/l method i hate it

• edited February 2011
    Dohhh the way theyve started tongiht m8 u can buy it of me lol....after looking so good yesterday as well, bloody d/l method i hate it
    Posted by 35suited
    another wicket!!! will sell it for £2.50 now!!! this is awfull
  • edited February 2011
    Would never bet on Cricket....because (tbh) I do not understand it fully, but I LOVE watching 20/20, everyone trying to thrash it all over the place as if their lives depended on it. Good Stuff to watch.
  • edited February 2011

I think we will win this game....and im hoping the odds go up again, (how weird wud that be, lose, go down, win, go up)....

But these 2 games were formalities really.....

Just to get into the main competition proper....

The aussies looked so good the other night though......
  • edited February 2011
    7/1 gareth,.....tried to have a tenner on the double, 20/20 n the world cup, but as usual sky bet wont play ball.

advice on other betting accounts? i cnt go to whill as i already have an account....same with laddies....

tell me one ill deposit n get the double on
  • edited February 2011
    Any thoughts on the Man City v Spurs game tonight? I've had a punt at Defoe to score in a 1-0 victory @ 40/1. If Spurs get the first goal I reckon they'll just lock it up, especially if Dawson can hit the form that he was in vs Arsenal and Chelsea.
  • edited February 2011

Not gonna have a bet tonight - 2 teams I love to watch as a neutral......a night game, so shud be a good atmosphere gonna avoid skybet and just enjoy it for what it is!

I hope Cty get the first goal though, as u said if Spurs get it, they could sit back.....which wud ruin the game for me.

Looking forward to it ! :)
  • edited February 2011
    7/1 gareth,.....tried to have a tenner on the double, 20/20 n the world cup, but as usual sky bet wont play ball. advice on other betting accounts? i cnt go to whill as i already have an account....same with laddies.... tell me one ill deposit n get the double on
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Ok I've had a good look around, mainly on the best odds rather than what bonuses you get a new customer.

The best bookies for odds is www.bodog.co.uk they go 13/2 the footy and 9/1 the cricket making it a 74/1 double.  They offer a 10% deposti bonus, plus numerous other bonuses if you bet quite a lot with them.  Ive never sued these so couldnt reccomend them but they show up with www.oddschecker.com and they will only give you decent bookies.

The 2nd best bookies odds wise is www.bet365.com where they have the football at 6/1 and cricket at 9/1 this pays 69/1.  They offer you an 100% deposit bonus they e-mail you a code once youve joined so dont deposit till you have the code.  Slighlty worse odds, but slgihtly better bonus for someone who wont bet regualry. 

I think the bodog one you need to make regular bets of £10 to get further bonuses so probably wouldnt be any good to you, ive got a bet365 account, and use them for the horses regulary, so it would be those id reccomend.

Hope you use them now after trailling through loads of bookies and odds lol and good luck with your bet

Gareth
  • edited February 2011
    just had a scorcast tonight, modric first goal in a 3-3 draw 400/1
  • edited February 2011
    just had a scorcast tonight, modric first goal in a 3-3 draw 400/1
    Posted by 35suited
    Wow huge odds! good luck!

Ive gone with crouchy 2-1 and tevez 3-1

p.s how did you get on in the forum deepstack last night?
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Worth a big blind? : Wow huge odds! good luck! Ive gone with crouchy 2-1 and tevez 3-1 p.s how did you get on in the forum deepstack last night?
    Posted by Norbit
    Think it was 1 place after you that i went out.....all went in pre flop i had aj he ahd either aq or ak he'd madea small raise i cmae over the top, should have known i was behind reallyand folded
  • edited February 2011
    Any thoughts on the Man City v Spurs game tonight? I've had a punt at Defoe to score in a 1-0 victory @ 40/1. If Spurs get the first goal I reckon they'll just lock it up, especially if Dawson can hit the form that he was in vs Arsenal and Chelsea.
    Posted by YoungUn
    Didn't quite get that, so it's a good thing I also put £10 on a 1-0 Tottenham win @ 11/1! £105 that i'm going to take to the poker tables up Gala any second now!